Harvest Moon: A New Dawn [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can also list a bunch of other occupations.

Magical Melody:
Occupations not taken...

Waiter(ress) at bar or cafe.
Nurse (there were two after the doctor expanded his practice.)
Mechanic (usually would get certain upgrades with these people like the cheese maker, butter maker, cook ware, ect. But we could have a mechanic that fixes cars, bikes, tractors, heavy machinery type deal)(Would we get cook ware at the grocers?)
Seedery (do we have a place that would sell seeds and fertilizer?? Would we get that at the grocer?)
Delivery/Mailman (his name was Bob in HM: MM)
Botanist (Basil wasn't an established resident so this person could just be a newcer staying at the INN)
The Scam Artist/Drifter/Theif (Usually someone who isn't local that asks you for money. Would only appear during certain seasons)
The florist (Layla showed up much later and opened a flower shop that sells flowers, berries, and colored wool. )

Tale of two towns is the same. There was a carptner, a blacksmith, two cafes, a florist, someone who sells livestock and the things that come with. Two places that sells pets. An orchard farm. All of which we have covered.

In a (another) wonderful life there is the same things except for an archeological dig. We do not need this since we have a minor who can find fossils in the caves, but we could have an archeologist type person who stays at the inn and works with the blacksmith/miners.

Uuuh that's all I have from the games! There could be someone who works at the Inn too but it isn't really necessary. Most of these are not necessary but can be used for character ideas or plain npcs. I suggest taking the roles that soul suggested in her CS Skeleton before taking anything from this list. I say this because the ones on the skele are probably more important. :)

• Love
Reactions: Quiet Souris
Oh yeah and maybe instead of a botanist it could be someone who studies bugs, the growth and migration of bugs in the region

First things first:

-Writing Level: Adept

-Number of Other RP's you are in: 5

-Expected Posts per Week: 4 or 5

-Dedication Level: 50/100

Raenya glared up at the sky from atop her ship as a dry breeze blew through her hair. She had gotten tired of staring at the desert around her. She had landed in the middle of an abandoned town somewhere in the former Western states, she wasn't sure where since she turned off her location system to conserve energy. The people had most likely left after hearing of all the wonderful choices of planets they had once the gates had been put up so long ago. Why anyone would want to live on a planet like earth she had no idea. Her ship was running low on fuel and she had stopped to consider her options as far as getting off the planet.
She had recently acquired a bounty on her head, due to no fault of her own, and so walking around freely was no option at the moment. Raenya sat up and stretched her arms high over her head, pulling the muscles in her stomach as she did so. "I guess I have no choice then," she sighed as she jumped down. "I gotta walk to the next town." She squinted her eyes and put up a hand to fend off the sunlight. It was there. Very, very far away, but there. "The longer I stay here, the more I start to realize just how sad of a planet this is..." She picked up her gas can and started walking.

-Do you have experience with HM games?: Oh yes. I own 4 for the DS and one on Gamecube :)

Now, to the Character:

-Name: Abigail Thomas

anime-cute-girl-kawaii-Favim.com-1309298.jpg

-Local or Newcomer: Newcomer

-Personality in 5 words: level headed, kind, charismatic, approachable and helpful

-Bio: Abigail's family moved to the valley from the city she group up in far to the west of the mountain town. Her family were very used to the fast pace life style that came with living in the city. It was always an adventure growing up in the city even after her brother was born. Abigail loved it but she wanted a quiter life. She was old enough to run the shop on her own, as she often did.

Her father taught her everything she needed to know to run the store over the years and as she grew up she got to do a little bit of everything. The store was the one thing that she always loved, it was like her second home. When she was old enough she decided to leave the city for Blossom Village. She knew she wanted to open a store there once she had gotten used to the atmosphere there. It was what she wanted to do and her parents supported her wants. So Abigail eventually moved to the Village of Blossom, ready to spread her wings.

-Relationships: Mother: Melissa Thomas; Father: Earl Thomas; Brother: Jake Thomas

-Likes/Dislikes: animals, walks, fresh foods, fishing/being bored, rude people, wasting food or being ignored

-Pets: cat

-In-Game Birthday: 14 Autumn

Nothing was misunderstood as I read it, no reason to jump on my back behind the pretense of politeness.

People will decide on their own time on who they wish to be, it's just about waiting it out, the TC is probably just waiting it out too like the rest of us.

And it's miner, not minor. A minor miner might not be unheard of though.

Nothing was misunderstood as I read it, no reason to jump on my back behind the pretense of politeness.

People will decide on their own time on who they wish to be, it's just about waiting it out, the TC is probably just waiting it out too like the rest of us.

And it's miner, not minor. A minor miner might not be unheard of though.
1. I really wasn't jumping on your back, but if you think I was I am sorry for that? O.o;

2. I never said they had to decide now, or that they had to be those things. It was a suggestion, pure and simple. people can do their own thing, I honestly don't care. xD

3. What is a TC?

4. Thanks for the spellcheck. I spell it that way because when I pronounce it I pronounce it with an "ore" sound so it sounds like "Mine-ORE" (minor) rather than "MINE-ER"(miner) OH and I say "Minor" as "Miner". Long story short, I swapped the two words. xD
Curse this southern accent and mannerism

Last edited:
Thanks for the list @Vio !

Definitely a great resource! But I do think we should keep it relaxed and calm, so we can fill in the gaps with non-players.

Hi! I'm a bit late in posting, but I love everyone's characters so far. ^^

Would it be acceptable for me to make the librarian character?

Hi! I'm a bit late in posting, but I love everyone's characters so far. ^^

Would it be acceptable for me to make the librarian character?
I think someone already took the librarian role D:

Ooh! It was still up on the list, so I got a bit confused. @.@

@Adachi Tohru In the first post of this thread there is a list of all the occupations that have already been taking, please refer to it for inquiries about occupation availability :)

...The Artist occupation isn't on the Taken List. Even though my character took that role already...

I'll post him here, so we don't have to keep switching threads.

-Writing Level: Adept
-Number of Other RP's you are in: About 4/5
-Expected Posts per Week: A lot! I can post multiple times a day.
-Dedication Level: On a scale of one to ten? Eight or nine, since I sometimes get distracted by school. ;w;
-Writing Sample:
-Do you have experience with HM games?: Yes, I've briefly played one, but I've participated in RPs for it. I mostly play Rune Factory, HM's fantasy counterpart.

Now, to the Character:
-Name: Shunka
-Appearance:
Shunka is a rather tall young man for his age, standing at 6'2". He has a decent amount of muscle to him, and is by no means out of shape. He has a strong enough torso and long legs. His skin is decently tanned, with little to no blemishes upon it. He has a scar on his left arm, closer to the elbow, and one little one on the palm of his left hand. He has strong and angular hands, with fingernails trimmed usually.

He has bright, iridescent amber eyes with cat-like pupils. His face is angular and handsome, with teeth noticeably sharper than most other people's. His nose is curved and elegant. His hair is a practical mane. It's long, down to below his shoulders, and it's a soft, caramel brown. His bangs are parted in the middle of his face, and it frames his face in layers. It's a bit darker in the winter than it is in the warmer seasons. The most frequently worn expressions on his face are bright, abet soft smiles or drowsier looks.

Shunka's likes violets. Most lavender and plum purples, his fashion sense tends to be easier on the eyes. He doesn't like pastels, but does occasionally wear flannel. Blacks, whites and greys can get a little too boring if they're not paired with another color, which is why he'll wear colorful ties along to what little formal occasions he attends.

latest

-Local or Newcomer: Local

-Personality in 5 words: Flirty, chipper, mood-swings, short-tempered, loud
-Bio: Shunka's mother was an artist. She was graceful, and endlessly charming, but refused to get into another relationship after his father passed away. Shunka never knew his father, but grew to miss him after watching other children interact with their own fathers. He inherited his artistic talents from his mother, but he was a shy young boy. He never interacted much with others, and could become easily intimidated by the loudness of the other children. Thus, his mother suggested that he started talking to girls more first to get around hi shyness. Eventually, his mother would regret her words, as her son would become a skirt-chaser.

Shunka soon developed into a loud and somewhat brash young man, who was the exact image of who he feared in his childhood. He had a complex that he needed to be strong and powerful, and the best at what he did. Thus, he devoted most of his time to working out or sketching, drawing and painting. He became well-versed in ceramics and sculpting, and soon was an all-around individual in terms of artistic skill. He never really had many girlfriends, due to the fact that even though he flirted relentlessly, he wasn't too good at remembering people because of his intent focus on his work. Recently, he's loosened up to become more accepting and social.

-Relationships: Will be updated as he meets people.

-Likes: Cats, cute girls, warm days, spring, summer, painting, drawing, sculpting, being complimented

-Dislikes: Being insulted, when people find out about his insecurities, being denied by girls he flirts with

-Pets: None yet

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having some issues coming up with a second character.

Might just fill in the role of Innkeeper though just for a more sedentary position.

I'm having some issues coming up with a second character.

Might just fill in the role of Innkeeper though just for a more sedentary position.
You don't have to make a second character YET. You could wait till one comes to mind and simply "move them in".

NOW:

Questions we need to deal with:

1. When are we going to start, everyone?
2. Are we adding NPC's? If so, I'll just play them?
3. Do you want me to make a plot or can we just go with the flow for now and if we need one later I'll think one up?

I want to start soon soooo.... everyone should be active and answer these questions so we can sort things out and start. :D

3. Do you want me to make a plot or can we just go with the flow for now and if we need one later I'll think one up?
  • Sooner the better. People tend to vanish if an IC isn't up, missing alerts, etc.
  • Make an NPC template and let anyone play them as needed. Just a simple bio, name, picture, age, role, etc. I doubt anyone really needs to spend much time writing out the guy who sells them logs.
  • Has to be a plot. Could be something as simple as gathering wealth and helping rebuild the town or could be something like returning to normal life after one of those nasty hurricanes rolls through.

• Sooner the better. People tend to vanish if an IC isn't up, missing alerts, etc.
  • Make an NPC template and let anyone play them as needed. Just a simple bio, name, picture, age, role, etc. I doubt anyone really needs to spend much time writing out the guy who sells them logs.
  • Has to be a plot. Could be something as simple as gathering wealth and helping rebuild the town or could be something like returning to normal life after one of those nasty hurricanes rolls through.
I'll have the IC up this weekend. Anyone without their character done is... well... behind and not being waited for.

I'll also have some NPC's made up to fill important roles. Some will only be playable by me for the plot's purpose.

Plot it is.

You don't have to make a second character YET. You could wait till one comes to mind and simply "move them in".

NOW:

Questions we need to deal with:

I want to start soon soooo.... everyone should be active and answer these questions so we can sort things out and start. :D
Sooner is better. My characters will be done tomorrow.

Important NPCS (such as the witch, harvest goddess, mermaid, harvest king, the mayor, and the mermaid) Should be in your hands only. Minor NPCS like the mailman, other residents can be played by all. Specific Character NPCS (like Tyrell's Uncle who is the town's blacksmith) were created for a certain character, so I would ask the maker of that npc if they dont mind being used. I only say this because those types of characters have specific backgrounds because of a main character.

I think a plot would be nice, and I actually have one in mind that maybe you'd like playing around with?? If not I'm sure we can think of something! xD

Uhm...
As soon as possible. Start perhaps in spring time, in game.

Make the important Npcs as Vio said, under your control and we can ask to use them. Minor ones can be played by all, just write a few small sheets for them and we can add as we go.

I love plots, so maybe the town has been severely affected by droughts and hurricanes, so we need to rebuild and fill up the town, tourism/economy/families.

Reactions: Esmeray
Okay, I'll think up a plot and have things moving by sunday at the latest. I have a uh... a dance thing tonight. A Winter Formal at the college. Yay. And such. So Ill be busy tonight but tomorrow night I can get started

Status
Not open for further replies.