Happy Summer Sounds (original and fandom)

W

wasteddays

Original poster
Hi there! This message comes to you in three parts.

1. The first is a bit about me:

• I go by E. Cryptic? Sure. Obnoxious? Definitely. Do I dislike my given name? You got it.
  • I've been roleplaying since I was young but recently took some time away for personal reasons. I recently rejoined Iwaku when the old craving returned to me after leaving to finish college.
  • I go between periods of being available and being extremely busy because of my job, which means my replies are inconsistent in their frequency. Provided I'm in the country, expect 1-2 replies a week. But I will always let you know if there are things keeping me offline. But also, I'm a mess so who really knows
  • I aim for a few short paragraphs per reply. The usual is about 3 paragraphs, but I try to adapt to whatever my partner gives me.
  • I love chatting and making friends with my partners. Tell me about yourself. Let's plot together.
  • I like a lot of dark elements in my roleplays, but I also really like fluff, so please tell me any triggers to avoid as well as any aspects you'd like to include.
  • I roleplay and am comfortable with any and all sexual and gender identities. All of these ideas and pairings will work with any identity pairings.
  • Please contact me over PM if interested
2. Here's a list of original ideas that I'm currently craving:

· Like You Used To Do: It's summer and our characters return home from college to their sleepy small town for the summer. When they run into each other, they are shocked by how much they've changed since their high school days. Whatever their previous connections, they reconnect for the summer and develop a friendship that they know will expire by September.

· Coffee-shop Soundtrack: A was a barista, B was a frequent customer, can I make it any more obvious? Bonus points for romance and other tropes.

· On Each Other's Team: [M/M or F/F] Our characters play together on a sports team. They find themselves falling in love with each other and try to keep their relationship a secret from their teammates. Drama ensues.

· All Through the Night: Our characters get left behind on a school trip to the capital city. They have no way home until the first train at six am, nine hours from now. They decide to make the most of their night of freedom, given their limited funds and age. Insert antics and adventures here.

· Some Kind of Magic: Some people are born with magic, specific skills that they cannot explain. Character A is new in town, a blow in who causes strange events wherever they go. Character B, a native of the town, is also a witch and recognises A's ability. B offers them a place to stay while they're in town, eager to learn more about this new kind of magic. Magical roommates, strange abilities, hidden agendas- all the good stuff.

· Dance Yourself Clean: As the title suggests, this one is about dancers. Our characters are two dancers returning from personal hiatus who get paired together for the first time, with a shared goal of competing in an upcoming contest. (Doesn't necessarily have to involve romance, preferably ballet-based, I don't dance so this is second-hand knowledge and shameless self-indulgence.)

· Behind the Sea- I don't really have anything for this one beyond Character A is a pirate and Character B is a mermaid.

3. Fandoms!

· Merlin- Preferably modern era. Usually play Arthur, massive fan of merthur.

· All for the Game/ The Foxhole Court- I've never roleplayed this and I don't know if people even do that, but I just like writing sports and Exy is amazing and Andrew Minyard is my fave.

· Harry Potter- Preferably OCs. Bonus points for Quidditch-centric.

· Captive Prince- Preferably modern (are you sensing a theme yet?) But willing to play canon-era. I would like to play Laurent and/or Nicaise.

· Dragon Age- Let's be real: Inquisition is my life, my passion, my joy. However, I've tried a few roleplays following the game events and I didn't really enjoy them very much. So instead, I'd be interesting in something pre-Inquisition, set before the events of either the Conclave/the end of DA2. Post-Blight, Pre-Anders'-explosion interim years. I would probably play an OC, but it would be interesting to have canon characters too, like a young Inquisitor or some of the Inner Circle before they became the people we know them as. That was a lot of rambling, but if you have any ideas/cravings, let me know and we can work out something.

I will add more things as I think of them. Pm me if you're interested in any of the above. Let me know what it is you're looking for, tell me a bit about yourself, and hopefully we can find something to work.

I'd love to explore a plot about dancers. I have some of my own ideas to add. PM me if you're interested in exploring ideas.

I'm finally back on top of my replies after being away on vacation. Still looking and willing to take on two or three partners more, if anyone is still interested.

All through the night and on each other's team piqued my interest! I'd love to rp either or ~

Dragon Age! I'd love to do one. I actually have a half human half qunari male warrior I've been wanting to use for years. Can be gender swapped to female if need be

Reactions: wasteddays
I have some time off work so I'm catching up on replies. Still looking for more!