Handwriting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited for a new sample, since the old one was sort of a bad one.

qdmMwep.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Greenie
I just wrote this at work xD

13709776_1041514829231506_1044440028335104535_n.jpg

A blind man with Parkinson's decides to try his handwriting with his less dominant hand. Everyone tells him it's fine but highkey no one knows what he was trying to write.
Like that. It was so bad that while I was in school, the school board sent an occupational therapist to the school once a week so that they could teach me how to write legibly. Turned out I have dyslexia and dysgraphia, which explains a lot. @_@ At least it got my mom off my back about why my hand writing was so awful.

It's a bit better now, but only when I try really hard to make it as neat as possible.

Last edited:
FullSizeRender_22.jpg

Why try to describe my handwriting when a picture's worth a thousand words? :P

*cough* In all seriousness, though, I really don't know what to say about my handwriting. It's certainly far from perfect, but I wouldn't say it's awful, either. I can't say that I've never had someone look at my handwriting and say "wait, what's this word supposed to be?", but, I'm pretty sure it's normal for that to happen at least sometimes. Besides, when I'm writing something that is specifically meant to be read by someone else, I usually put a bit more effort into making all the letters look the way they "should", instead of letting the quirks of my own handwriting slip through — for example, I probably would've cleaned up that uppercase L and made it look a bit less like a C. :P I just didn't do that here because I wanted it to look as natural as possible, to show what my handwriting looks like when I'm just writing something that's for my eyes only (or at least something where I'm not exactly anticipating that other people will read it).

EDIT: Hey wait, didn't I already show you guys my handwriting?

afraid_to_ask2.jpeg

Ah well. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Thank You
Reactions: Kitti
Like a six year old. Whoever said women have pretty writing hasn't seen my writing.

Big image is big.
8NXFzMi.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn and Greenie
I have legible print and slightly less legible cursive, and I switch between both due to a history teacher I had my Junior year of highschool who believed that if we didn't all learn cursive, the day we lose the Internet we'll never be able to read the Constitution and the country would go to shit.

Mind you,most people can read it even if they don't write half decent cursive, but whatever. She would fail our assignments if we didn't do cursive, and she didn't get on our asses about crappy handwriting, so it was alright.

But my handwriting goes from average sized to super small and messy to smooth and readable depending on what I'm doing. You should see my writing journals. Even I can't read some of that shit.

I have legible print and slightly less legible cursive, and I switch between both due to a history teacher I had my Junior year of highschool who believed that if we didn't all learn cursive, the day we lose the Internet we'll never be able to read the Constitution and the country would go to shit.
Yeah, because I'm sure there aren't any copies of the Constitution that you can find in, say, books, that were transcribed into print form.

And, as we all know, anyone who wants to read the Constitution has to go to the original document and decipher the cursive. Because, without the Internet, there are just no other copies of the Constitution anywhere in existence.

Not to mention, I don't know if being able to read cursive would really be enough for everyone, because I have actually been to Washington DC and seen the real Constitution*, and, for some reason, all of their S's looked like F's. ...And when I learned cursive, my S's did not look remotely similar to F's. Sooo... I don't know what happened there. Point is, the fact that the way some letters are written seems to have completely changed since then might also be a significant obstacle.

*Wait, did I see the Constitution, or did I see the Declaration of Independence? I think I saw both, but... ehhh, it was too long ago to remember. But I definitely remember seeing words like "congreff" jumping out at me on the page, which I was very confused by.

Reactions: Rainjay
Reactions: Thornapple
I'd put a doctor to shame.

Mainly because I don't have use of all of my fingers anymore, so even drawing now days is very hard let alone writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.