Guild of Fortune: A Monster Hunter RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh, yes XD

The unfortunate bit. The wait. I'll have the group started, and add information to it as I go, but it probably won't be fully complete and ready to start for a while. I'm thinking maybe being able to start in a week, tops. But it all depends on how busy it gets at home

Hihi!

This looks to be very interesting. Though I have never done a plot like this before.

Basically (if it's like the game) we are going to have characters be doing jobs like collecting things or hunting monsters. It sounds like it will be less plot and more relationships between us hunters.

Of course this is just me talking out of my ass, I have no say in what this will be like, just my assumption. And you know the saying about assumptions, "When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me!"

Reactions: Kitsunemage
We may be able to do tournaments and other stuff. Maybe a small arc on a certain powerful monster or something.

Basically (if it's like the game) we are going to have characters be doing jobs like collecting things or hunting monsters. It sounds like it will be less plot and more relationships between us hunters.

Of course this is just me talking out of my ass, I have no say in what this will be like, just my assumption. And you know the saying about assumptions, "When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me!"
That was exactly the kind of thing I had in mind!

Of course, the world is what makes monster hunter so great, the variety of things you can make and find.. I'm still trying to think of a way to implement stuff like collecting, and maybe crafting in an interesting way. You know, stuff to just do on the side while others aren't available... Though that is rather difficult >.>

I might also be looking for people who can take up side roles as NPC-like characters, or even full time characters with jobs aside from hunters. I'm glad this is getting so much interest :)

Well once it's up we can talk about it.

I'd be interested. What kind of monsters are we hunting down? o.o

The ones from the monster hunter universe!

mhbig.jpg

I'm not good with subtle. Are they supernatural monsters, fantasy monsters, or something else entirely? I need a more specific answer as to what kind of monsters they are.

Brute kind with their own bit of traits like poison etc.

You could call them fantasy monsters. They've always been there naturally.

I'm not sure what them being there naturally would mean but if you can call them fantasy monsters, I'm all for it.

Oh, by supernatural I thought you meant something along the lines of "The monsters suddenly appeared from nowhere land / magic".

I'm super interested. I'm a huge fan of mh3u, and am super hyped for mh4u. I tried doing a mh roleplay in the past, but it never gained much support, so this looks like a great idea!

@Crab Claws That concept can also go for fantasy monsters as well. I didn't think this was otherworld fantasy though. Supernatural means a manifestation or event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. Some common examples of supernatural monsters would be vampires, werewolves, demons, mythological entities, etc.

@Crab Claws That concept can also go for fantasy monsters as well. I didn't think this was otherworld fantasy though. Supernatural means a manifestation or event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. Some common examples of supernatural monsters would be vampires, werewolves, demons, mythological entities, etc.
These monsters wouldn't fall into that category, they're more fantasy, and the monsters are HUGE. There's giant dragons, leviathans, fish, birds, you name it. However, they're entirely natural in this universe.

Imagine Dinosaurs, only more like dragons, and an entire society based on hunting them for resources

@SereneDeity I understand they're fantasy. He explained it to me. I was just explaining to him what I meant by "supernatural monsters". I don't understand what "natural in this universe" means but I don't believe that's really akin to being interested. I just like the idea that they can be called fantasy monsters. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.