Got some ideas, help me narrow down!

• Thread starter Liz-isfullofluvs
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss Fishy. XD

Islands? Big islands too, like a mix of both? You could have forests on a few, some freshwater lakes, salt water everywhere, and then cities and villages all over the place elsewhere? That'd give her lots of water depending on if she's salt or freshwater based.

But if anyone has any other ideas, we could bounce them out.

I like that idea, makes me think a bit of that movie Earth-Sea. I loved that movie.

I have another character that would match that kind of setting actually, if we do wind up going with islands and pirate ships and all kinds of other stuff relating to the ocean. If not, that's fine. .D

That sounds like fun to me. Plenty of places to have ruined temples, sea ports and lost kingdoms....I'm thinking of D&D now, yeah I'm a dingbat. Alright, its getting to be my bedtime, talk with you guys tomorrow. Some sleep and maybe we'll all have some more idea to bounce off of.

I play D&D a little bit, not often, but I like the world settings and character creation for it. It makes things detailed, even if you don't actually play a game. The information that goes into those character sheets makesf or an intense finished product.

It's late for me too... I'll post more tomorrow when my mind's all fresh.

And yeah, I've looked intosome D&D myself, a friend of mine actually gave me a Drizzt novel which I read some of :p Detailed characters. And the setting you guys came up with sounds cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the first Drizzt, what was it, Homeland I think. Dragonlance is another good TSR series to read...although there is over 140 books.

Oh, dang. But still, lovelies, wanna get started? I'm thinking we could give this idea a name and go out of character for a bit to get things rolling and then be home free!

Okay, I suck at names so I'll head over to Seventh Sanctum and look around their generators.

If we're doing the island thing, I already have one character ready. But for the new race I plan to use, I'll have to take the time to make it for approval, so that character might not appear for a while at first.

Ah, this popped into my head...not sure if it will fit. "Sojourn into the Infinite Blue."

That... That could work. I kinda like it.

I like it. .D Yep. The title alone makes it sound like a nice long adventure.

Alright! All for it then, should I create a post for this elsewhere to get us started? And it's adjusting to human life and such, yes? With all sortsa magical creatures?

Let's formulate some things here first before posting this in the Fantasy or Modern Fantasy sections of the site (which ever you choose). Magical creatures are always fun to battle and because I don't want to assume, what do you mean "Adjusting to Human Life"?

Yeah I'm not sure yet what the actual plot-points are or anything. ^^;

Well, sorta what dragon was talking about with Miss Fishy, perhaps a host of magical creatures are thrown into the human world because of some sort of universal unrest in theirs and they must cope and find a way to get back?

Sounds like a reversed version of "The 10th Kingdom," only instead of being thrown into the fantasy realm, we're thrown into the human one. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.