Good Girl, Bad guy 1x1

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tripp was still sat back in his seat, relaxed, glad once the drinks and food came and was set out infront of them...since their old drinks was well, all over the floor and busted booth. He looked up and gave a nod to the waitress in thanks and again had to open up his straw from its wrapper, just crushing up the bit of paper and putting it on the table this time instead of using it as a projectile to hit Charlotte with.

He looked at her and rubbed the back of his head, slightly messing up his fairly stylized hair. "I don't know, school? When everyone loves to pick on you and start shit, you learn to protect yourself at an early age, or you get walked all over and treated like shit your whole life." he ramlbed on, but frankly it was just the truth of the world spoken simply. He took a nice sized drink of his pepsi and grabbed a bottle of ketchup, putting a glob onto his burger in preping to eat.

Charlotte mused about this and supposed she understood. She was the smart geeky girl, in Middle and 9th grade she had willingly done the homework of a bunch of popular girls in hopes that she might be accepted into their group. She never was. They invited her to a pool party by the lake; no one was there. She walked around that lake for maybe an hour or two before finally just heading home. Charlie definitely wasn't ever a fighter. Only once did she get in a fight, and that was the last time that she had seen Tony until now.

Biting into a fry she looked him over, "You don't look like the type to be picked on at all...you look like you would have been one of those popular people," she said, unable to hide her eyeroll as she said 'popular'. But she smiled to show that her attitude was still good nature as she munched on her french fries eagerly. Tripp fed her well, but Charlotte had a rather big appetite and she wasn't the type of girls to hide that fact either.

Tripp would sort of huff at what she said, followed by a short laugh. "Me? Popular? The guy who went through school wearing eyeliner when I felt like it and had tattoo's since I was barely out of middle school? Haha." he chuckled, before taking another drink of his pepsi. Tripp turned his attention to the food, picking up the burger and taking a chunk, chewing and swallowing with his mouth shut.

"What about you? You don't seem to far off the norm'...You couldn't have been as shunned as my crazy ass was, right?" he said, but he didn't know of course--she could've gone through just as much as he did just in different situations, but what he was saying also rang true--he looked like and was the total outcast, a stoner and party animal, did horrible in school, and always ended up in fights, while if one looked at Charlotte she seemed less of an outcast, she'd at least appearance wise fit into most social groups. She definitely didn't look like a rockstar, and that was...thats ok, it suits her, and it was nice to have someone to bring a sense of normal to their otherwise crazy lifestyles.

She chuckled as she explained, "Guys like you were cool at my school...two ways to be popular; act like you're going to get out of the small town and money." Charlotte smiled and then took a bite of her own burger and hummed in enjoyment, the pickles were amazing. She swallowed just as Tripp asked his question and she blushed a bit before explaining, "I mean...I was on the swim team. People knew me, my parent's have lots of money. But I was always the weird girl that liked to listen to rock and alternative music...and Tony didn't like me having much of a social life." She tried to smile, but it was bitter as she stuffed a fry in her mouth instead.

The pain of seeing him again was starting to eat at her, she had ran away from him after he had thrown a lamp at her head and said that they were over. Charlotte remembered fleeing, like a rabbit. Showing up to her parent's fancy mansion, packing anything she could and then fleeing from them too. And now here she was. Charlotte knew eventually her parent's or Tony would find her, but she hadn't expected them to show up so soon. She hadn't even had her first concert yet.

She sipped her water and then spoke again, "what do your tattoos mean anyways?" She was changing the subject and she hoped Tripp wouldn't be too upset about it.

Tripp looked at her, taking note of every bit of body language that came with what she had to say. They had clearly grown up in different areas, and it was obvious that her ex seemed to really have an effect on her. He took another bite from his burger, before he'd come to answer her, about his tattoos.

"Which one? I mean really, they all mean something in one way or another to me. Its either to remind me of a time in my life, an ode to things I enjoy, or just something I value..." he said, lifting his arms to sort of glance over the ink on his skin. Tripp was pretty tatted up, he had started getting tattoos in his freshmen year of school, by now he had a good number on his arms, all seeming to blend together into nice sleeves but not fully covered, had a chest piece she'd not even seen more then the part that showed at his neckline when he had on a muscle shirt, nautical stars down his side, just random things everywhere. He clearly was addicted to ink. "You think you're gonna ever get a tattoo?...Or 20?" he said, adding a chuckle afterwards. Tripp knew she had changed subject on purpose, but instead of prying he went along with it, trying to get her mind off what bothered her...can't have sad drummers.

The drummer had taken a bite as he explained each one meant something, she looked them over in hopes to find one that might stick out to her to ask about, but they were all so beautiful - she wanted to know what all of them meant. He asked if she would get a tattoo and she swallowed her bite and pondered the question, "Well...I've never gotten one and I'm not quite certain what would be special to me. More worried I might do something generic, ya know? I suppose I could see myself getting a couple, definitely not 20 though," she laughed, not as if to mock people that had 20 or more tattoos just kind of to laugh at her own weak thing. She took another bite of her burger, she was half way done and she was already starting to feel a bit full, which made her sad because it was amazing!

Swallowing, she sipped and then finally landed on one tattoo, "What about that one?" She asked, pointing to one on his arm that seemed to weave into many parts of the tattoo itself.

((I apologize for my late reply here, I been caught up in running my new SAO group RP--and then my computer decided to take a poop on me for over half the day yesterday.))

He sat eating while she replied, the musician listening to his bandmate. He again made sure there wasn't any food in his mouth before he spoke again, "aww but why not twenty? You're a rockstar now hun." he said, reaching over and ruffling her hair. He snickered and took a drink from his pepsi. He looked down at the one she pointed out.

'Hun? Did you really call her that? Oh geez she's gonna think you're some creeper...' he silently thought to himself after a moment...kinda pausing until he went back to what he was doing. Right. The tattoo. "I got that one when the band first got signed...In fact all the original members have the same tattoo somewhere. Jacobi has it on his shoulder, Alex(vocals) on her lower back with some extra swirl designs to make it a tramp stamp, Erika (bass) has it on the back of her neck--she had to hide it from her parents...they are dicks and 'wouldn't approve' of a tattoo. And Cole, the old drummer, has it on the back of his hand." he answered with good detail. It was an important one to him, a coffin sitting straight up with the initials of the band's name across it. "It basically means until we reach the grave, no matter what happens to the band and us as a whole, it was a major event in our lives."

((So sorry about this! I never got a notification! I'd absolutely love if we could continue this if that's okay?))

As he ruffled her hair she quickly ran her fingers through it to make certain it wasn't messed up as she playfully scowled at him. At the question of why she didn't get twenty she gave a small smile, "I'm a big baby, and all the places I'd want one is near bones. I'm told that's the most painful," she admitted with a blush. As he explained the tattoo she had pointed out she sipped on her own drink, sort of full already though so she was just kind of munching out of habit as she listened, but not eating as much and as fast as she had last time. "What do you think I should get if I got one," she asked curiously, now chewing on her straw a bit.

((Its fine. I was just like " ._. Guess she poofed.", make sure to have watched the thread lol.))

Tripp looked at the girl, smiling a little at her. "Well...it is painful, but once you have 2 or 3 tattoos...you crave the feeling of getting it, you become addicted to the pain. I know I did, I love the burn of a tattoo gun's needle." he said to Charlotte, tilting his head a bit. "Get whatever you want to get, I can't suggest much to you because why would you want my ideas on your body? I mean if its something like the band's tattoo that means something to multiple people then yeah, having someone's idea for a tattoo is fine...Usually still make it personal though, all our 'matching' tattoos are different in their own rights."

Charlotte tried to think of something that was important to her, she couldn't think of too much. Her family wasn't important to her, her ex-boyfriend definitely wasn't important to her; the only important thing in her life at the moment was the band and her drums. She supposed musical notes, something simple would be nice...but she honestly felt like an artist standing in front of a blank canvas and being told to paint anything they wanted - there was so many possibilities, cool ideas, or beautiful images that popped into her head...but nothing that she could think of that she wanted to stink with her forever.

"I'll think about it," she nodded her head, "ready to go?" She asked curiously, she wanted to get away from the bar before her ex somehow recovered from the beating he more than likely received and went for her again.

Tripp had finished his food by now and nodded when she asked if he was ready to go. He stood up from the booth, "Yeah. Just got a bit of a bill to pay is all. You know, pool table and food." he said with a laugh. Tripp walked over to the main bar of the place, and seemed to take a few minutes before he returned back to Charlotte. "Alright its all taken care of. What you wanna do?" he asked her as he walked towards the door, opening it and holding it open for the girl. "Ten minutes ago he was kicking someones ass, now he's holding a door for the lady." came from somewhere in the bar...

Charlotte rushed out the door as to not be rude, smiling and thanking him as she headed towards his car again. At the question of what she wanted to do, she shrugged, "I've never seen the city, I only moved here a couple of weeks ago, what exactly is there to do-"

"Charlie," she looked over her shoulder to see Tony. She actually felt a bit bad for him, it was that sympathy that usually got herself in trouble with Tony, but he looked like a huge mess. He had some sort of garbage on his shoulder, his nose was bleeding, and he had a pretty shiner on his right eye. She steeled herself as she looked at Tony who approached her, but didn't come within reaching distance of her and eyed Tripp over her shoulder. "Come home with me, baby," he pleaded to her.

"Go to a hospital, Tony," she said instead as she moved to Tripp's car, hoping he'd catch the hint and unlock it for her so she could rush in. She'd wait for Tripp to enter and then say, "can we just go to the apartment? I'm not in much of a party mood." She said, not looking at him, but staring at Tony who was crying in the parking lot.

He'd followed her out the door once she passed through it and it shut behind them. They would come the the parking lot again, and even his ears burned when the girl's name was said. Tripp glanced over and teen the man he'd already beat up once tonight, was he back for another around?...Nope, didn't seem to be the case. Tony was basically reduced to a pathetic shell of a man...Tripp made sure that Charlotte stayed away from the man so he couldn't try anything funny. Tripp just sort of stepped closer to the girl and moved her along away from the guy, glaring over his shoulder to the crying 'man' if you could call him that. Tripp would lead her back to his car and open the door for her, closing it once she got inside, and getting into the drivers seat a moment later. Before he sat down, standing in the open door of his car, he looked over the roofline of his car at Tony. "The best way to get a woman isn't by force or by begging...You clearly have a lot to learn kid. Get the fuck out of here, if I see you around here again...you're not walking away next time." Tripp said very sternly, eyes narrowed as he looked at the other guy before dipping down into the seat of his car, sighing softly. "Yeah we can." he said to her, giving the girl a smile...which was odd after just 2 seconds ago he was threatening someone. He started the car and the engine revved up high, as the clutch caught the tires on his car spun up, kicking the ass end of the car into a small slide as he left the parking lot, throwing dirt and rocks Tony's way as he peeled out into the street.

It wouldn't take long at all, considering they was basically right down the street from their apartment. He slipped down an alleyway and then turned into a garage hidden under the large building. It was a tall building with large, and pretty expensive, apartments. The sound of his car was magnified in the underground parking garage, the engine that wasn't even originally from this car hummed loudly in the enclosed space, and even some tire squeal was heard when he turned into his parking spot. He shut the car down and leaned back in his seat. "Hey Charlotte...why did you ever have anything to do with that jackass...? I mean...Wouldn't you rather someone who didn't try to do everything by force...or who would protect you--not hurt you...?...Actually...N-nevermind...Its none of my business...." he said with a sigh, getting out the car and unlatching the back hatch. He opened it and grabbed his guitar case, gathering a couple extras laying in his car into the case...cords, picks, a guitar tuner, all the while...he seemed lost in thought.

Charlotte was grateful when he just took her to the apartment, sighing softly as he did so. She wanted nothing more than to face plan in her bed, or be weird in their living room and watch some sort of violent, action movie. She wasn't quite certain which she wanted more at the moment as they pulled into the apartment complex. She needed to get on job hunting and searching for an apartment so she could stop being such a bother to Tripp, he insisted she wasn't, but of course Charlotte worried.

She was about to get out when Tripp got her attention, she looked at him as he tried to word his question correctly. She bit her lip, attempting to find the right words herself, but he seemed to think better of his question entirely and brush it off. She frowned a bit, but grabbed her own drumsticks and music sheets and followed after him towards the apartments. At first not going to say anything, but she supposed after he had protected and saved her that he deserved some sort of explanation. "I didn't know he was a bad guy," she admitted, not looking at him as they waited for their elevator, she kind of felt ashamed as she explained, "he was the star quarter back...I thought it was crazy that the hottest guy in school would ask me out. I agreed based on just physical attraction too, trust me if I could take it back I would. But my parents adored him. And then the hitting started, the first time I tried to break up with him over it, he choked me. I told my parents, but they wouldn't listen - they loved him more than me." She said and then scoffed a bit, "So, the reason I got with a jerk like him was because I was an idiot." Charlotte said, truly meaning those words. It was true as well, she had been a fool to fall head over heels for a guy she didn't truly know and then stick with him through the beatings.

Eventually she realized she could fight back, that she didn't have to sit there and take it - and that was when she ran away from everything. The elevator came and Charlotte got on, holding the door open for him before hitting their floor respectively. She still couldn't look at him, she was twirling a drumstick in her fingers, a nervous habit as she waited for his response.

He'd pulled his stuff together and shut the hatch of his car, going with her to the elevator. He listened to her, she answered his question he had said nevermind too...He sighed quietly and stayed quiet, stepping onto the elevator after she did. He looked at her, seeing she wouldn't look at him now--and she seemed sad almost...He set his guitar case down and weither she expected it or not, the tall tattoo'd male pulled his arms around her, giving her a gentle hug. "You're not an idiot...All girls end up with asshole guys at a point or another...I think its unavoidable anyways; And hey, I may not be a boyfriend, but at least you know I'm an ass from the start." he said to her as he hugged his roommate, letting out a small laugh to try to lighten the mood. Tripp let go and picked up his guitar case again, as the elevator stopped. The door didn't...just open. No. He pulled a key from his pocket and put it into a slot...then pulling it out, without even turning. It uploaded a code to unlock the door, and the elevator doors opened. All the floor was at this point was a tiny square room with a table and two lamps...and a door. He walked over and opened the door, leading into their apartment. It was large and in charge, high rise pentouse, two floors high. Yeah...rockstar life wasn't bad.

He stepped onto the landing, it actually set in between the first and second floor, stairs leading up and down from the landing respectively. He stepped down into the large living room--dining room--kitchen open floorplan and set his guitar case down next to a set of amps in the corner. Tripp fell over the back of a couch, landing on it basically upside down...looking over at her from an inverted perspective. "...Why you on the ceiling?" he said with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.