Good Anime for Moms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know about Caster. He's one of the things I worry about. But, saying that the anime is dark, I hope she won't be affected by Caster too much.

I'll keep FMA:B in mind.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Looks happy and bright, but don't be fooled! It is Dark! probably 3x worse than Caster! Well, depends on who you ask...

Also, Fate/Prisma Ilya KAleid Liner is a parody of the Magical Girl Genre. It's by Nasu, who also did Madoka Magica.

Is there such thing as worse than Caster ._.

Madoka Magica is about a Cat Demon who makes contracts with Little Girls, and eventually kills them.

Really man, Prisma Illya? I mean, you do know the excessive amount of fanservice it has right?

If your mom candle a handle a small scene of visible boobs, I would recommend Redline.

Really man, Prisma Illya? I mean, you do know the excessive amount of fanservice it has right?

If your mom candle a handle a small scene of visible boobs, I would recommend Redline.
The reason it has that is because it is a PARODY of the Magical Girl Genre.

My mom doesn't like that kind of stuff. Fanservice? Heck no. XD

But Madoka Magica is still good, and dark.
My mom started watching an episode while I was washing Dishes, and she was like
"Wait, this is nothing like the cover photo."

That's a funny reaction. XD

Keep in mind my mom writes horror novels!

Stein's;Gate. Warn her that it starts off a little slow, but is absolutely worth continuing to watch for the middle and end of the series. Very little violence, no nudity, admittedly a few otaku-ish innuendo jokes but more so at the start than later on. It's a thriller about time-travel, put it that way.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
What is wrong with all of you?!
HOW HAS NO ONE MENTIONED THIS?!
maxresdefault.jpg

The Valkyria Chronicles Anime.

Depending on how seriously your mom takes Religion,
Saint Young Men. A great Slice of Life anime about Jesus and Buddha living together in a Tokyo Apartment.

You're all out of your damned minds.

Cowboy Bebop is the only answer.

Reactions: Tempusst
Death Note isn't dark by my standards o.o A person wants to make the better place by killing every bad person. That isn't an uncommon plot, and the protagonist doesn't even kill people with his own hands, he does it with a notebook, without even seeing the person... in... person e.e

And I just remembered my mother really liked the slow pace, light hearted and filled with historical references humour of hetalia. I don't know if your mother will like it because of the slow pace, but since the chapters are only 5 mins long...

Death Note, in its early stages, is a lot darker than you might think about, if you're showing it to someone who has no idea what to expect.

I remember trying to show people Death Note once when introducing them to anime in general... that was a bad idea. Long before the whole concept of rid-the-world-of-criminals-to-make-the-world-a-better-place could emerge, episode 1 was kind of filled with dark, gritty stuff. I remember totally forgetting there was sort of a rape scene so early on.

I mean, once you get more into it, all this obviously takes a backseat to the intellectual battle between Light and L/his successors, but... if someone can't get past just the gritty introduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.