God Shell

T.J. stood and stretched. "If you don't mind, I'm going to leave and put WarHowl through his paces. Besides, I want to see if the mechanics managed to repair the left knee properly."

He walked away, climbing into his God Shell's chest cockpit. As soon as the hatch swung closed, the computer systems fired up and a digital display of a wolf appeared on the interface. "Hello, T.J. Just a normal shakedown run today?"

"Yes. We'll focus on hand to hand. Now if you don't mind, please slave over control to me. I'd prefer if you just focused on diagnostics."

WarHowl did so, albeit reluctantly. T.J. walked off, and the God Shell mimicked his movements. When he was 200 yards away, T.J. started throwing a fast, aggressive series of punches and kicks. After an hour of hard drilling, he stopped, sweat pouring down his brow. "Everything okay, WarHowl?"

The wolf face on the display screen grinned. "The good thing about being a machine is that you never get tired."

"Rub it in, why doncha."

There was nothing quite as impressive as seeing Argus at its full height, unsupported by any frame and dwarfing any building that even dared to come close to it, no matter how important they might be, as on Zera, it was the king of the plains. The planet had never been very advanced and the Orion War did not really do it too many favours, so there were not many high houses which could have been a match for the God Shell's sheer height and even then, its massive nature would have made them look like a child's toy trying to look like the real thing it mimics. But despite such a frightening, awesome sight, the townspeople more than welcomed their colossus of a protector, the machine that had always been at their side even when the military failed or abandoned them, even if Vahan would have liked nothing more than to forget his supposed heroism.

But of course, no one would let sleeping dogs lie, especially not in his hometown, which he preferred to tour in Argus rather than risk being swarmed by dozens of people despite the silly nature of such a phobia. The people here were grateful and they were most certainly not trying to worship him even if it seemed otherwise at times, so he would be okay here. There would be no one to tackle him, no one to rush him with dozens to hundreds of questions, no one to invade his personal space and most definitely no one to slap him on the back, then talk about how much they admire him because of what they have done, or at least not anymore. There would only be an occasional smile or recognition greeting him rather than the explosion he always awaited for reason.

"Champion." The voice interrupted Vahan's thoughts, which made him look at his God Shell's screen in turn, only to see that they have arrived at their destination.
"Thank you, Hjördís,"
said Vahan with a smile as he ran over the displays with his eyes once more to confirm his target. "Protect the city while I am away."
"Words understood, Champion." There was no more exchange between pilot and God Shell, because there did not need to be any, so the man unlocked the insides of his cockpit, then climbed out of his mecha. Wearing nothing but a pair of grey trousers and a dark blue t-shirt, Vahan was surely underdressed for the occasion of meeting Seika, the one who will be supposedly helping him to protect Zera. And despite the fact he felt that Argus was more than enough to defend such a little planet, he welcomed this help.

After all, even if the pilot and the God Shell were useless, he would still meet a new face, perhaps even one that would help him to forget about the past.

Primordial - Baldr Besatt

The commander's stern face turned to a seemingly genuine smile, likely pleased by Baldr's expediency and respect. Most God Shell pilots that weren't explicitly linked to the ODD rankings came off as aloof and without a sense of order. She folded her arms behind her back and (somehow) stood up even straighter, tilting her chin upwards as her eyes gazed lower.

"I agree. No doubt you've seen the wealth of starships around the planet on your way in. We're currently undergoing a search for a supposed artifact of unknown origin on the surface. Unfortunately the Yivond research agencies have also set their sights on it, and being quite close to their space, are proclaiming ownership of it. We're attempting to negotiate, but it seems that due to our," she paused and grinned, "prior expressions of force in the war, they are not inclined to relinquish control of it's potential strengths." The commander dropped her shoulders and stared straight into Baldr's eyes.

"That's where you come in, Mister Besatt." Retrieving a small data pad from a pocket, she tapped a few holographic buttons and continued on. "We need you to slip onto the surface and secure, at the very least, visual data on the artifact."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

What's Justice

A forceful cough at the height of the ramparts directed the attention of those pilots present. An older gentleman, clad in a long and immaculately white trench-coat, stood before the pilots, his expression impatient and tired. Ironic considering the wait time he had created himself. Along with a rather blank-faced attendant, he trudged down the ramp with surprisingly heavy steps towards Leon, Gerald, and Orion. He looked between the three and then to a few random God Shells behind him.

"The other two?" he questioned before shaking his head. "Never mind. You three. I'm busy and need to keep moving. Meredith," he gestured to the lady attendant, who quickly shuffled through a stack of holographic pages jutting from her data pad. With a flick, the paper shifted its way over to the officer, which he promptly read over.

"God Shell pilots, T.J. Johnson, Gerald Sinn, Leon Hexer, Orion Caster, and Aurelia Antilles are needed in alleviating the matter of weapons retrieval on Skith homeworld Jhovus. The northern sphere is dominated by seasonal atmospheric solidification in the cloud systems, leading to complex structural changes in the area. Skith resistance fighters have taken to hiding within them, and an unknown jamming device has prevented scrying into the environment." He cleared his throat and continued.

"It is known that the Skith have procured several God Shells taken from deceased pilots at the end of the war, and the ODD requires the immediate return of these assets. Pilots will approach the northern ice clouds, scout for the location of the God Shells, retrieve them, and return them to base. Details of operation are subject to the decisions of the pilots." The officer looked up from the paper and nodded dismissively.

"Well there you go lads. Get to it," he said before turning away, "Make sure to relay this to your absentee comrades."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

A Back Door - Vahan Darbinian

The notoriety of Vahan and his steed, still, made traversing the town difficult at times, with awe-struck citizens failing to move out of the way in time or even at all. Steps required caution, patience, and a keen eye. Making it through without any friendly fire, Vahan found himself at the doors to the tiny little cafe, sunlight reflecting off of the glass windows. Inside, the jingle of the door hitting a bell above had trained the attention of the cashier and a few other faces; one of which immediately stuck out.

Seika, having texted Vahan beforehand, noted she would be the, "dark skinned red-head," in the shop. In that regard, she was easy to find, being quite the oddity on Zera. With a smile and a wave, she beckoned Vahan over to the booth. As he got closer, her stature became more and more apparent; she was quite tall, her legs stretching far underneath the table. They seemed uncomfortable, trying to maintain space for no one in particular.

"Yo," she said quietly, grasping a cup of what seemed like tea, "Vahan Darbinian?" Her question turned a few heads in the cafe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald was about to answer Leon before he heard the cough of a man in charge. Or at least one who thought he was. As he turned to look, he started analyzing this man almost immediately. He was a dominant type, the kind to get in your face and make you do something rather than do it themselves. It honestly pained him to be working under a commander again, and the resentment for this man was already written all over his face.

When the officer walked away, Gerald put his hood up and approached Seva. He knocked on her foot and she knelt down, lowering her hand for him to climb on. When he did, she got back onto her feet as her shoulder plate rose slightly, opening the way for Gerald to climb into his cockpit. As he sat down, several screens lit up. One of them was about the size of an old CRT TV screen and only had two words on it. "Are You Okay?" Gerald smiled. Seva was always concerned. She seemed to think that he was more fragile emotionally because of his mental instability. Gerald sighed, deciding that he didn't care if the others heard him speaking. "Yeah, Seva. I'm fine. Just.... The commander of this mission is another one of... Those." The screen was wiped blank. Seva knew about Gerald's problems with authority, but she didn't really know why it was there.

After a few seconds, text forcefully typed itself across the small screen. "Do You Want Me To Shoot Him?" Gerald laughed and shook his head. He honestly hoped that this commander couldn't see this. He could get discharged. Again. He flipped the switch for the public channel and cleared his throat, waiting for the others to enter their Shells so that they could get moving.

Orion had just finished his third cigarette; the one he had put behind his ear so he wouldn't have to get the box out of his pocket again; when a man that seemed to be in charge cleared his throat at the top of the ramp to the mobile base. The Officer was dressed in immaculate white and was carrying himself as if he knew how to deal with Shell pilots Funny, this is probably his first time working with Shell pilots. Carrying yourself high and mighty can only get you deeper in the shit around us Orion thought to himself, letting a small smirk appear on his face if only for a moment.

After issuing a very vague set of orders and sending around the mission data the Officer quickly took his leave and retreated back to the mobile base with his assistant in hot pursuit. "Time to go." he said aloud as he stood from his spot on the container. He made his way back towards Providence when he noticed Templar and Aurelia, Should probably tell her what we're here for... the thought of talking more to her made him feel as if he were intruding on her personal space, but it was a mission after all, someone would have to do it sooner or later. He turned slightly to the right towards Aurelia and Templar.

"Hey Colonel, we just got briefed. You missed the cake." he said, the last part in hopes of easing any tensions he may have brought up earlier. "I'll send the mission info to Templar for you if you'd like."

T.J. got a quick briefing on the mission. "WarHowl, we've got work to do. Some Skith pulled a couple of Shelljackings, and we've been ordered to rectify the situation. We'll have several other God Shells alongside us, so I don't think we'll be outnumbered."

"Good. I've always wanted to test myself against another Shell."

"I just want to punish these fools for killing humans. Anyone who does that is getting a well-deserved one-way ticket to Hell."

Aurelia looked up at Templar once more before lowering her head and putting it into the palms of her hand. She sat oblivious to the commander that was briefing the others back where she originally was. It was then that she heard someone approaching and jumped up with a speed that would shock most people. She saw Orion coming up and lowered her head in a form of shyness. She nodded slowly when he talked to her "Alright... Please do that... I will get Templar all set up." She said and as if reacting the massive God Shell began to light up. The clamps holding it in place released and its massive form slowly began to lower to the ground. Aurelia looked at him "Don't get killed please..." She said to him before turning and walking towards the opening chest cavity of Templar.

If Orion was watching he would see just a seat with white all around it. There were no screens or monitors inside of it making it look like it couldn't be piloted. Aurelia grabbed a hold of a bar and swung herself up into the seat. Before she even had time to sit the massive armor plates began to reform over it and Templar began to rise once more.

Aurelia sat down in the seat and strapped herself in. The white metal surrounding her began to hurt her eyes and she closed them before she relaxed her mind. Outside of Templar the lights on it began to glow brighter before the link between Aurelia and the God Shell finished. She opened her 'Eyes' to see everything through Templar's. She raised her hand and looked out to see it holding the massive Gun Blade. "All systems running at full capacity Miss!" Templar boomed into her mind. She laughed and the audio systems of the God Shell carried it out into the open. Something inside her mind switched as if melding it with Templar's gave her the ability to control her emotions and not let it impede her fighting. She raised her left had to see it moving around as she ran a full check on the God Shell.

"All systems Green!" Templar boomed once more into her mind. Aurelia calmed herself as she felt adrenalin flooding her system. Once she saw the area around her was clear she slowly brought the God Shell out of the docking area. She felt the ground beneath her and paid attention to the composition to know if it stable to stay on. Once she was out of the docking area she turned slowly towards the others and she waited for them to get into their God Shells.

(Since they are Melded I will be doing it in a 1st person view for Aurelia.)

Tightening his gloves a bit, Baldr nodded solemnly. "Sounds like a favorable job. I will need access to an orbital drop or a drop ship as my shell is not able to drop in through the atmosphere. Any tabulations on possible resistance? Anyone or thing I should be particularly concerned with?" He had basically shifted into full professional mode and was showing it in his matter-of-fact and simple statements and questions. "In addition, I shall need about three hours to run diagnostics and make sure everything is kosher for a mission. I cannot go in without being confident in my capabilities. Is any of that a problem, Commander?"

Siren, while he talked to the commander, was thinking of a possible plan."Oh, maybe we should take her out for a drink after the mission. She would like a drink, right? Maybe she is a dancing woman...nah, too serious. I think dinner is a good start, right?"

Baldr responded with a mental grumble. "Give it a rest. We have a job to do and she doesn't seem one to be too interested in going on a date. She has a ship to run after all." Siren giggled and mentioned something about Baldr being alluring since the commander didn't have to feel like a CO to him. He brushed it off and kept focused for the commander's reply.

Leon gave the officer a quick salute after the briefing and headed towards his God Shell. He tapped a panel on the lower plate causing it to open up. He stepped in after it opened up and made his way up to the control panel to start Legions systems. It took a few moments or everything to boot up, but as systems came online the weapons began to arm themselves and the comm systems became active. "Alright, I'm ready when everyone else is. Hopefully that jamming device won't cause too much trouble for my scouting drones otherwise you all are gonna have to be my eyes. Trust me I'm defiantly not looking to add Friendly Fire to my record." Leon said as Legion finished the loading process on cannons and machine guns.

"Zepper, is the carrier ship ready to go?" Leon said as he opened another comm channel.
"Aye Captain, the carrier is ready to move at your signal."
"Alright, keep the engines warm, we should be leaving here pretty soon. We'll move once everyone else clears. Once we are in the air engage Phantom Drive 371."
"Copy Captain, the sequence is set in. We'll be going dark the moment we lift off."
"Good, good. Every things set in then. Do one more systems check and we'll be good to go." Leon said as he entered the sequence putting Legion in a down state while it scanned for any possible malfunctions before the mission began.

"I'll do my best." he said, giving Aurelia a warm smile as he began to walk backwards toward Providence.

Making a full turn Orion made his way to Providence, the noise of Templar opening and powering up behind and Aurelia climbing in was a noise that was slightly common to him, but each Shell had its own distinct sounds to them; with Templar being no exception. As he approached Providence he flipped through his data pad and sent the info to Templar, a small message that the transfer was complete appearing on the pad as he reached the front of Providence.

Putting his data pad away and pressing a small inlaid button on the lower leg of Providence the cockpit opened and a small winch was lowered down so he could reach the cockpit. Slipping his foot into the loop and giving the rope a tug he was being winched to his seat, the ground getting slowly farther away as he gained height. Reaching the cockpit Orion stepped in and turned around taking a seat. He flipped a switch and the winch reeled all the way back into Providence and then the chest came back down slowly blocking off the light from the outside as it did so. Orion could tell that the front of the cockpit had finally reached the closed position when there was a slight metallic clank and the hissing of the hydraulic locking mechanism to the door activating, a few moments later the dim green lighting of the cockpit flickered to life.

"All right then, time to get this started." he said aloud as he turned the multi-function displays on. Running through his standard start up Providence began to hum to life as its' engine started, the small hula dancer bobble head he kept on top of one of his MFDs began to bobble around as the engine reached the final stages of its ignition. Switching his central MFD over to his forward view he could see the other Shells as they began to come to life, turning a few knobs and setting in a frequency Orion patched in to the comm net, the first person he heard was Leon giving the all clear on his end. "Give me another minute to run my standard tests and Providence and I are good to go." he replied as he closed his end of the channel. Moving on to the last few steps of his start-up he began Providences' built-in diagnostics test to make sure there were no major faults and switched over the last of his MFDs to the configuration he was used to: Weapons Display on the lower-center, Navigation on the lower-right, Engine info on the lower-left, Radar and Sensors to his upper left and right, view to the left on his middle-left, view to his right on his middle right, hull and damage info on his upper-center, and lastly view to his rear was placed on the MFD above his head.

Opening his side of the channel once more "Alright Providence is warmed up and ready to go, no major problems here... Are we walking or do we have a different mode of transport?" he finished with.

"Well...." Gerald smiled and slipped a pair of leather gloves onto his hand. "It is a wonderful day outside. I figure a little exercise won't hurt anybody, will it?" Seva flexed it's fingers, rolled it's shoulders, and looked about. It surveyed it's kin around it. Who piloted what? Gerald hadn't seen who had gotten into what Shell, so he didn't know who was where. That might be a pain. He wasn't paying attention during the introductions. He was too busy trying to read them that he hadn't heard what he was being blatantly told. Smart move, shrink. Seva shook it's legs, one at a time. Gerald smiled. "Motor controls nominal. Rotational cuffs pristine. In short, it's all good. You all green, guys?"

"T.J. Jackson here with WarHowl. Everything looks good on our end," he said while throwing a few jabs to keep himself warmed up. "Judging from the fact that our orders involve attacking an airborne structure, I think we're flying in."

"You all set, partner? Don't want to move if you're not ready."

"LET'S DO THIS!"

T.J. couldn't help smiling at WarHowl's enthusiasm. "Then let's go. Activate flight thrusters!"

Within seconds they were airborne, flying north at top speed.

Watching as War Howl and T.J. rocketed north Orion figured it was time to go. "Alright I'll be taking a low orbit flight for this one, that way I can take a bit of time to scan ahead of everyone. I'll see you all there safe, my comms will still be open so if I'm needed give me a holler, but if I end of taking a full orbit don't expect any communication for about an hour." Orion hoped he wouldn't get something wrong and be out of range to assist his teammates for that long, but it's not to say it hasn't happened before, he shuddered at the memory. Providence began to hum and it quickly left the surface beginning their graceful ascent into space, as they began to pick up speed Orion noticed the ever familiar sounds of rattling and wind coming from outside of the cockpit, Soon there won't be any sound from out there at all he thought as he waited to reach the edge of space. He watched his altitude steadily climb, 19 km and counting, so far so good he gave a quick look over his instruments "Engines are holding steady, pressure is nominal, this should be a pretty average ascent."

Finally at a nice height of 120 km and climbing with a final of altitude about 153 km Orion began to circularize his orbit as to avoid simply falling out of the sky where he didn't want to. A few minutes passed and his orbit was finally circularized he was able to look forward, to the pole and begin his scans; the only problem being that the pole was still blocked off by the planet itself; opening his channel he relayed his situation "This is Orion, I'm in a nice orbit up here. Will be able to provide plenty of support when the time comes, but for the moment my line of sight is blocked for the Northern pole. In about 15 minutes I should be able to see them, if any of you get there before then... You're flying blind into a hornets nest. Out." Orion closed his channel and broke out a cigarette.

This isn't going to be easy, I can already feel it. he mumbled as he fumbled with his lighter in zero gravity.

Gerald sighed as he watched the others fly away. Why couldn't these people just walk? Seva had flight capabilities, sure. All God Shells did. But Gerald preferred to walk. It really was a beautiful day out. Seva began it's charge towards the destination, keeping it's hands open in case it needed to summon it's weapons. Technically it could summon them while it's hands were closed, but then a teleport turned to a matter exchange. He only got part of a gun, and lost all of Seva's hand. Not a fair trade, really. Once Orion reported in, Gerald flipped the public channel back on. "Loud and clear, Captain. And I wouldn't smoke that, if I were you. Not good for the lungs." He flipped off the channel and watched as Seva typed across the screen to his left. "How did you know he was smoking?" Gerald chuckled. "I didn't. Still don't, really. But if he was, then Corporal Kerman owes me thirty bucks..."

Aurellia looked around at the other God-Shells powering up then looked out as the Briefing instructions took form inside of her mind. She nodded her head slowly and paged into Orion "Thanks for the information.. Ill move with you." She said and began to bring Templar's Flight capabilities online. The God-Shells rear armor began to open to reveal two large Angelic like metallic wings that took form. Seconds later a heavy ignition took place and fire began to rage before Templar began to hover in the air. Aurelia began to follow behind Orion keeping up with the lighter God-Shell due to its twin engines.

After slow trip Aurelia began to bring Templar down closer to the ground as she began to Maneuver between all of the jutting rock formations and remnants of what she thought was a glassed city. She slowed down before disengaging the jets and touching down on the ground. She landed in a crouch before the wings folded quickly into Templar's back and she stood back up to her full height. "This is Aurelia... I am moving in on foot.. Flight right now is rather Dull.. I am currently in the remains of a Skith city.. Will be moving out from here.. Templar out." She said before continuing on foot towards their objective.

Leon watched the other God Shells leave and messaged Zepper to pick him up as his cannons shifted backwards to avoid hitting the hull. Soon a mid sized transport ship moved in over his God Shell with a piece of plating matching the with of his Shell's body. Once it made contact the bracing mechanisms took hold latching the God Shell to the as the legs folded inward to decrease its drag. It struggled to ascend for a moment and then kicked in its afterburners leaving the base activing its camo field.

"Alright, I'm in the air now. I'll be landing a few miles to the west, but don't worry my guns will still have plenty of coverage. I'll probably be off the radar during the beginning, but I ain't the fleeing kind. Just point out a target and I'll make sure it turns into a crater. I'll move up to positions when and where I can to stay in effective range" With that he closed his channel as the ship approached an open area about 4 miles west of the ruined city. Once disengaged the mechanisms it dropped him about 35 ft from the ground once the legs folded out and braced the shell for impact. He retained the camo field and activated the jammer making sure not to trip any alarms until his cannons went off.

The inside of the café was nothing out of the ordinary and given the war that had passed only recently, it was actually very nice. A tranquil atmosphere filled the place that seemed to hold only ordinary people, giving the impression of the planet near the core of humanity, where everything had recovered and there was little to no to clean up. Except that here, a giant of a guardian clearly stood outside the little café, its movements suggesting that it had found a place to deploy itself, then settle down in defensive mode. Though Vahan could not see behind himself, he could feel the movements of his God Shell as if he had been piloting it. It was a sort of sixth sense that he had developed, maybe because he had spent so much time within the ancient mecha, or perhaps it was because of his connection to Hjördís.

Regardless of the fact that he thought it was futile for Argus to protect this place so vehemently, the man surveyed the place, then he quickly found the person he was looking for, not that she was hard to find. The dark skin, the red hair and the quite lazy posture all drew his attention like a flame lured a moth and he quickly settled down at the table, nodding in response to the greeting.

"Good morning," he said as he took a seat, but he was much more reserved than Seika and seemingly not caring that people's eyes were on him. The days when he would be literally wrenched out of his piloting seat just because of his identity were long gone, he had to remind himself.
"Are you Seika?" he then asked, as if the answer to his question was not obvious.

Primordial - Baldr Besatt

The commander crossed her arms and lifted her eyes upward, contemplating briefly. "Well, I can imagine they're utilizing some scouting automatons moreso than by foot. They're not a particularly brave lot, so their machines can do the job while they hide away in some puny ship on the other side of the planet," she chuckled. Taking a step to the side she prepared to take her leave before finishing with the God Shell pilot.

"Aye, you'll be given a drop ship for your machine. Take the time you need," she stressed, "but don't lolly-gag. When you're ready let the traffic control know. Code is 14d. They'll let you know where to go with your machine." She paused for a moment, practically glaring at Baldr, expecting a salute of some sort. She forgot who he was for a moment.

"Good luck Mr. Besatt." She left, an assistant following in tow. The woman who had initially led Baldr to the deck remained at his side, and spoke up.

"My name is Kinel. I've been instructed to keep tabs on you during your stay here. I can lead you back to your mecha's landing bay if need be. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to let me know," she bowed her head lightly.

What's Justice

High into the atmosphere of Jhovus, practically teetering on the void of space, War Howl was given a clear line of sight to the arctic hemisphere in the north, a hazy, white-covered region marked by undulating and rugged tendrils. It was as if a moon-sized kraken had frozen over and its limbs just barely peeked out over the incessant blizzard that entombed it. They were the "frozen clouds" that the officer had spoken of earlier. Indeed, beyond their immaculate color, WarHowl could not see much else. The cover it created was thick and expansive, hiding some untold number of Skith supposedly.

As the rest of the group patrolled on, the air became colder, the air more dead, and the ground less firm. Barren Skith cities made way for tundra wilderness, and sparse intact villages made themselves apparent, curious Skith citizens occasionally peeking their heads out to witness the God Shells marching on. A mere look in their direction, however, spurred them on back into hiding within their luckily still-standing abodes, too terrified to meet the machines' gazes.

A Back Door - Vahan Darbinian

The woman smiled and shook her head lightly as if surprised by the question. "I would think so," she replied, "I see you take your God Shell everywhere you go? Feel unsafe or something?" She immediately opened up with a prod at his methods, though her tone conveyed familiarity more than anything. She sipped some of her drink and gazed out the window to her right.

"I would think as a hero or some-such you'd have ride, at the very least, given to you. Can't imagine that walking around in that behemoth makes civilian strolls easy in town." She chuckled, her body jolting slightly. "In any case, I can see why they consigned you to remain here for planetary defense. That thing is fat," she said under her breath before sipping again.

The Hunt is On! - Zaas Namazura

Traveler's Outpost - Planet Blue-3
Azure System

The winds carried with them a humid torrent of mist the likes of which Zaas had never experienced. It was incessant and practically deadly. His only solace was within the concrete outpost that had been established on the planet long ago, serving to offer space-faring travelers a moment of respite in their journey. Still, it seemed like one of the worst locations to make such a thing. The planet, Blue-3, was tidally locked to its host star, and as such was made of two hemispheres, one of which always faced the blazing sun beyond. It was battered by the hot light for an eternity, whilst the opposite end of the planet suffered from vacuum-like cold. The atmospheric system created an eternal storm, with hurricanes rising from the heated end and dropping its moisture along the way towards the airless cold end.

This thin band between the zones, the only 'habitable' area, was where the outpost was situated amidst a throng of jungle-like trees barely holding up in the winds. Zaas, fortunately, was warm inside and supplied with a vast reserve of (albeit tasteless) foodstuffs. He was waiting for several others. Mercenaries, in fact, much like himself, all of whom were itching to join in on the prospective 'hunt'.

Blue-3 was the hiding spot of a particular war criminal by the enigmatic name "Chroma". Zaas and the soon-to-arrive mercenaries were sent there by the ODD and offered a hefty reward... if they could catch the culprit, that is.

Zaas sat in a small concrete room. The ceiling held only one light, the likes of which, with it's fluorescent bulb, rather than the plasma-powered ones used today, seemed ancient and strange. to his right was the door, made of thick metal, with small bits here and there rusting. Zaas himself was sitting on the edge of a bed, if you could call it that. It was more like a metal frame with an inch of padding on top. His stomach growled, he needed to eat. "What in the world is taking the others so long? I'm going to be old and dead by the time they get here!" Of course, Zaas was exaggerating, it would take much more than just time to kill him. Standing up, he put on his armor, he always wore it, even when he was interacting socially. At this point, the armor was more of a second skin to Zaas, and such a thing was good. Becoming so used to the armor and maintaining and repairing it had made him very aware of the armor's limits and capabilities. Not only that, but it allowed him to get more in sync with Banshee when he was attached. Having put on the armor, he made his way into the main area of the outpost. He was all alone waiting for the other mercenaries, but who could blame anyone for not spending a minute longer than they needed to on this planet? Grabbing some dehydrated bread, he opened the face of his helmet and took a bite. As usual, it was hard, bland, and felt like it may have been soaked in salt before it went into the bag. Swallowing down what he could before he needed a glass of water, he quickly went to the tap and filled a glass. Of course, he wasn't stupid, he then took a water purification tablet and dropped it inside. Gulping down the glass till it was all gone, he went over to the small couch near the edge of the room and sat down to watch what the interstellar tv had to offer. Hopefully he would be able to catch his favorite show "Robotics Rumble". Some called him childish for watching such a show, but he did not watch the show simply for entertainment. While the robots were largely scaled down when compared to a God Shell, strategies and ways of attack still were able to translate quite well. In fact, he had recently seen an armed robot successfully suplex a robot larger than itself onto it's back, rendering the enemy incapable of moving until it managed to re-orient it's sensors and stand up again. In that time, plenty of damage could be done. So there he sits, watching television until the other mercs arrived.

As if screaming for Orions attention the Northern ice clouds came into view well before the storms. The large white arches and spires rising high above the ground and out of the blizzards below "Tsch, can't see shit." Orion switched Providences' view mode over to thermal imaging, the entire screen save for a few spires became a dark blue I don't know what I expected to see using thermals Orion sighed and switched his MFD over to Radar imaging If I can't see through it, I might as well make a nice map of it... He thought to himself.

As the radar pings began to bounce back from their journey North and into Providences receiver a clear map of the outer shell of the North was forming. Orion kept his eyes peeled for any openings in the storm or the ice, not to his surprise, he found none. It seems solid... How could there be Skith down there? Place seems uninhabitable, deadly even. Orion was of no use in space if he couldn't even see anything and he knew just that, opening his comms channel to the rest of the group he gave his report from the heavens, "I'm going to be droppping down, I've got nothing up here. Just an impenetrable storm and ice clouds, good thing is I'm not out of range yet... With some good timing and a bit of luck on my end, I may be able to time my landing within a few hundred meters of your approach." he closed his end of the channel and awaited a response.

He took one last look over his sensors:
MFD
>Altitude: 152877 m ↑
>Speed: 2392.7 m/s ↓
>Target Distance: 622.78 km ↓
>Arrival: 4m33s8ms ↓

"Not much time, to loiter up here, I'm gonna need a decision, I either come down as close as I can to you all, or I go around and you'll see me in give or take forty minutes." he snuffed out his cigarette and threw it into the air, the lack of gravity allowing it to spin freely through the smokey cockpit.