God Is On His Knees (IC/Still Accepting)

• Thread starter GoodEveningClarice
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna's eyes flicked up when the door was thrown open. She tilted her head at the young knights and flashes a positively wolfish glare their way before sliding off of her husband. "Excuse me." She murmured, before shoving past them and disappearing around the corner. Varric sighed and covered his blushing face. His dress shirt looked to have actually been ripped open and there were several angry red scratches and bites on his chest. "I am dearly sorry Sir Robert, Sir Lyle." He got up off the table and attempted to dust the flour off of his back. He glanced at the two young knights and blushed further. "Having a much younger wife presents a certain set of challenges…I'm sure you understand." He looked at Lyle, hard, as he knew of his involvement with one of his staff members. "Anyway…" He buttoned his jacket over his bared chest. "Did you boys need anything?"

tumblr_m3rznkWLO71qmkjoc.gif

• Love
Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Brenna had been wandering around the court. It turned out that not a lot of the ladies liked her, big surprise there, and the men looked at either like she was beneath them or they wanted her beneath them, once again big surprise. And the older ones... well they just looked suspicious of her. It was a normal reaction of people once they got a good look at her multi-colored eyes so it was nothing she wasn't used to.

The King's announcement of marriage was a surprise and a disappointment. So much for charming her way into his bed and cementing her place here as his favorite in more areas then one. Then again men in general were not known for their faithfulness so perhaps she would end up being called to his bed after all.

Not that that was her goal. Brenna never set out to be in the bed of anyone, but if it kept her in a place of room, board and protection she would do it. Usually her voice kept her valuable enough to not need to bed anyone, but sometimes she was left with little choice if she wanted to eat.

But she had to admit, there were plenty of handsome knights that she wouldn't mind sharing a bed with. And now that the Northern men had arrived... things were a lot more interesting. After all, knights usually had an annoying one track mind when it came to their duties. But Northern men were more like animals, taking what they wanted and sometimes with multiple women at the same time. And that was NOT appealing to her by any means.
What Brenna really wanted was to find that happy medium that was so rare.

While the king and his bride chatted people began to wander out to the garden. Brenna took in the sight of the sun and the smell of the flowers. Before long she began to hum then vocalize a light happy melody. She smiled at the sight of the children running and laughing. Children were always a source of light and joy to those who could appreciate them. Children had no prejudice in them, accepting everyone who they could sense was kind and had a good heart. Many children were drawn to Brenna, before their parents pulled them away in terror. Brenna had given up wondering if the parents thought she was either going to eat the children or spirit them away.

And even now, as more suspicious looks were turned her way and the whispers began Brenna just sighed. She had also given up trying to prove herself long ago. Once you learned that people were never going to accept you no matter what you did you stopped trying so hard and life became much simpler.

Shailene-shailene-woodley-32720582-250-314.png

Serah took the king's arm, analyzing how it felt to walk arm in arm with him. She ignored the whispers, holding her head high as she followed his lead through the gardens. Dawning awareness had her hopes rising as they came to the stables. She caught her breath when she saw his gift to her.

"She's... magnificent..." she said breathlessly. A smile, one of wonder and amazement, came over her as she reached up to pat the golden mare on her soft nose.
Her last husband had thought it not right for women to ride. Her own grey stallion had remained behind with her father once she had gone to Nacht's Reach. To have her own horse again, and one of such beauty, made her heart swell with something she hadn't felt in some time...
Joy...

"Thank you milord," she told the king. "This gift... it means so much more then any number of jewels."
When he said she could name her it took her only a moment to think of the perfect name.
"Aurora," she said, naming the mare with a mix of two old language words meaning 'Golden Sky'. "Bjarke," she said excitedly. "Just look at her."

Moments later a young girl approached who was introduced as the king's daughter. Serah smiled and curtsied herself to the girl. "It is truly a pleasure," she said sincerely. "I have been anticipating meeting you and your sister. I hope we may spend more time talking soon. I would like very much to get to know you better."
The Northern woman chuckled at the girl's lighthearted jabs at her father. "It is wonderful that she has such a close relationship with you," she commented after Lilith had walked off. She turned back to Aurora who was sniffing Serah's hair as if it might be hiding something tasty. "Yes my treasure you shall have your treats. I will likely spoil you horribly."

Bjarke watched with careful eyes as Maximus stood and kissed his sister's hand, when Maximus spoke of a surprise Bjarke's hand instinctively twitched and rested on his dagger hilt. He wished for his brothers to be there, if Maryn and Ÿrd were behind him he would have no fear, if Tilki were skulking about he would not be unhappy about it either. The look in the King's eyes did little to calm Bjarke's nerves, mischief was not something he had much place for. When the three of them left their seats and began walking to the garden Bjarke got a bit nervous, what if the King tried something here. Had his guards cut down Bjarke in the absence of his men in the open garden. It didnt make Bjarke happy, but he followed regardless.

"Bloody southern cunts," Bjarke muttered under his breath on the way to the stables. He looked and saw a beautiful horse, young female, golden coat. Serah's expression made Bjarke happy. Maximus's words made Bjarke uneasy in how well they flowed, the compliments on his sister's hair and of her beauty. Bjarke watched the youngest Fairway walking towards the lot of them with someone behind her. She curtsied to Bjarke and he smirked under his beard at the young girl, she had spirit. When she asked if Bjarke was her father he could only contain himself to a chuckle. She spoke cheekily to Maximus, not unlike Serah did to Bjarke in times of happiness. When Maximus remarked Lilith as a handful as she left Bjarke decided to respond.

"Ah but the handfuls are what we love most, always must be careful with them." Bjarke said, his tone conveyed no malice but what he said next cemented what he was saying, "I know of my stories of my uncle as a child, he once climbed a tower and fell. Nasty ordeal, lost the use of his legs. A miracle really that he lived. Moral of the story, keep a watchful eye on your mischief maker."

Bjarke smiled at Maximus then looked to his sister, "I'll leave you to enjoy your gifts, I'll be sending Tilki to watch after you."

He wrapped his big arms around her and kissed the top of her head. As he did so he made sure to give Maximus a stern look. He walked towards the doors and noticed the geusts that were moving to the garden. They parted as Bjarke walked through them. He looked through the crowds with a cold gaze and spotted the goatee'd man from earlier, the master of whispers. He saw that he was approaching a girl with multicolored eyes. Bjarke smirked seeing a courtman taken with a Northern Fae child. Any man could tell she was not of human dissent with those eyes, but it mattered not to Bjarke no manner of abnormality fazed him. Nor did it appear to faze Yoren. The older spymaster moved to the young girls side and smirked at her.

"Hello Brenna, those are quite remarkable." He quickly corrected himself and whispered in her ear, "I mean your eyes of course, I promise I'm not making advances. Just wanted to let you know that not everyone in the capitol fears the children of magic."

Just then a loud hooping was heard, the sound of men laughing and rough-housing. Bjarke felt a swell of comfort knowing his men were finally here, but he would not be staying. He saw his Pack fully armed and armored, a reassuring sight with all these unfriendly blades around. He spotted Ÿrd already digging into the food and Maryn was loading some of the silverwear into his satchel. Bjarke strode over to them and slammed his hand on the table, grabbing both of their attentions. Ÿrd picked some food from his beard and tossed what was left on the table.

"Sorry we couldnt be here earlier, our morning escapades took allot out of me." Ÿrd said standing at attention, "Maryn was off on his own. Still not sure where my boy is."

"Doesnt matter, have one of the men find Tilki. Tell him to trail Serah, watch her carefully and protect her. We are leaving this party now, we'll be heading to one of the local brothels. I've got a hankering for the sun kissed beauties I've been hearing about."

Maryn cheered up at this and stopped loading up silverware. Bjarke gestured for a few men of his to follow and about 13 Northerners left, not including Bjarke, Maryn and Ÿrd. They walked through the castle halls for a bit trying to figure their way out then finally made it out on the crowded streets of the capitol. They walked through the streets and were regarded as barbarians, mercenaries from another part of the Vanqland. After some walking they found their way to one of the more expensive and credited brothels, 'The Quivering Maiden'. Bjarke smirked and walked inside, his men shouted and payed for theirs while he worked his words to bring women to his side. Maryn dropped his coin faster than any other man and had already undressed 3 girls and headed into one of the private rooms. Ÿrd sat and drank, the ever faithful bear. A few of the men kept their wits about them, the rest got blind drunk. No doubt some were still in the throne room drinking and causing a ruckus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GoodEveningClarice
tumblr_mzt81k4HFs1rjhjdjo1_400.gif

[BCOLOR=inherit]Charlie had always been more than confident. He, just as much of his family, didn't understand the idea of responsibility. Why would they? They were raised by another from the time they were born. He didn't even remember his parents. If he remembered the story right, his father had died in a hunting accident and his mother later died of a broken heart. Luckily for Charlie, his uncle and Duke's only love died without bearing him an heir, so the title of Duke defaulted to Charlie. Now he would never reveal this to anyone. Many of his younger cousins just assumed he was the former[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] Duke of Clarke's son. He was raised to be Duke but soon things changed when his cousin, John, came into the picture. Now for Charlie, he didn't care. He couldn't have gotten out of the mountains fast enough. Escaping to French Court, he didn't look back, he didn't have a need to look back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]When Eira spoke of fairy tales, he couldn't help but to chuckle. For the past five years, he had been telling Bellamy fairy tales. He only wondered what would happen when life finally hit him in the face. Majority of court now knew of his illegitimate status, so what would happen to Elizabeth? Not many men would accept a woman who had a child by another man, even if that didn't know who the father was. It made Charlie's wheels turn and it wondered for a moment what his aunt and uncle were up to, but he didn't dwell on it. Instead, he nodded his agreement to Eira, "Seems to be though I will say I'll always remember this old tale about a pack of wolves. My uncle used to tell it to me every night and he always said it was true, it wasn't until recently I understood what he meant." Charlie didn't dwell more on his statement and he didn't want too. The young man actually hadn't meant to say anything at all but it seemed he couldn't keep his mouth shut. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]Continuing to listen to Eira, a small smile appeared on his lips. Looking to her, he said, "My life has only been one of political intrigue at French Court, not many adventures, I must say." Running his fingers through his hair, he couldn't help but to notice her small blush of embarrassment. He found in cute in a non romantic way. She reminded him of Elizabeth when she was just a young girl, always timid[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] and soft spoken. If he remembered correctly, Elizabeth always wore a light blush on her cheeks, especially when around Bjarke or Elric, but that needn't be discussed in this moment. Shaking the thoughts from his head, he said, "Fairy tales to me will always be a source of comfort. They remind me of better times and it doesn't hurt to escape from this world every now and then. Sometimes I wish I could escape for good."[/BCOLOR]

• Love
Tristan woke far later then he had expected. The soft grasp of Sypher's hand upon his bruised shoulder announced it wad time to move.

"Duvaindaer, you must get up. They have arrived." Sypher's gentle voice shook slightly as he spoke.

"I take it from the tremble in your voice, it was a choice meeting?" Tristan replied as he crawled out of Maximus's bed. His marked body causing a soft sigh from Sypher.

"Like a knife to the throat. Shall I keep an eye on the Wolf of the North and its pack of beasts?" Sypher continued as he handed Tristan his outfit for the day.

"Who of note trails this beast?"
Tristan asked as he quickly dressed in the thick fabric. The warmth of them was welcomed as it warmed up his slender frame.

"The Bear, The Northern Archer, and The Fox."
"Hmm do as you would advise."
Tristan said as he placed a hand on Sypher's shoulder.
"I trust your judgment better then my own." He added as he and Sypher sliped from Maximus' Chamber and down the hall before both vanished into the empty passages through the Castle.

"Where is Maehel?" Tristan asked as they walked past a number of guards.
"Meeting The Deahén from the woods."
"Oh when did he return?"
"Right after you went off to look for Maximus." Sypher ended with a hush tone as he guided the young Duke out of the castle and towords the stables. The chilly air was easily noticed by the both of them. Yet nether said anything about it as they made their way to their horses. Infact nether said anything untell they were into the forest and far enough that they both were sure noone could hear them.

"Duvaindaer, keep your marks hidden from Deahén."
Sypher softly reminded the young man before they both stoped into a clearing and looked around under a large tree sat Maehel and Deahén, both stoped speaking and raised as Sypher and Tristan approached.

"Duvaindaer!" The small voice of Deahén cried out as he ran to Tristan's horse and helped him from his horse before wrapping his arms around Tristan in a hug that Tristan was happy to return.

"I missed you Deahén. How was your hunt my dear?"
Tristan asked before placing a soft kiss on Deahén's forehead.

"And I you Duvaindaer. My hunt went well. Everything back home is well. I hear the Echil King is to marry the she-wolf soon." Deahén returned with a soft chuckle.

"Yes you are correct, and I am happy to hear all is well back home. So...." Tristan replied before stopping mid sentence as a twig snapped behind them caused all four to grab their weapons each posed and ready for what ever was to come into the clearing.

"Come out now." Sypher commanded only to be responded by a small black and white fox darting out at them followed by a figure with a white fox mask skidding to a dead stop when he happened to look up.

Tristan and his companions could tell the figure was scared by the look in his eyes, and as he lowered himself to all fours Tristan could not help but smile at his animal like actions.

"Who are you?" Tristan asked his tone soft as not to scare the lad.

"Hes the Fox of the north, vessel of the Grey Wolf. Child to the Bear. Tilki if I remember correctly." Sypher informed as he lowered his bow. The simple action causing the others to follow suit.

"H..how do you know that? Who are you surely you are not of The Southlands with your attire... I would guess a woodland people."
Tilki returned as he stood up in an attempt to show he was not afraid or moved by Sypher's knowledge about him or the Pack.
"You have me at a disadvantage, who are you people?" He added looking the group over. Their weapons were not like his or any other he had seen before, to many soft curves and elegant touches to be from the Kingdom.

"I am Tristan, Duke of Gethenwood, and he is Lord Sypher, my adviser. T'is his job to know things. Does that satisfy your curiosity? Might I ask what your doing out here?" Tristan asked as the same fox from before ran up to him this time it was joined by a red fox.

"Looking for those two, and yes it does, does my answer satisfy yours Duke?" Tilki returned as he summoned the two foxes back to him with a set of soft clicks. To which the pair replied to before running back to Tilki.

"Ah, your companions I see. Yet my curiosity is not satisfied, yet rather peaked. Prey tell, Tittarusc what lays behind the mask?"

"My face, and what does that word mean?"

"Little fox, and of course your face does, may I see the face of whom I speak?"

"Oh, what tongue is that?" Tilki responded as he removed his mask to reveal his youthful face and fiery red hair.

"Lufituaeb. Its Gethenian." Tristan returned softly as he walked over to Tilki. Who upon closer inspection Tristan found had a scattering of soft freckles that made Tilki appear far to young to have known more then Seventeen or eighteen winters. Yet the question of his age flew out the window when Tilki gave a bright smile as he offered to shake hands.

"Selpmid..." Tristan responded kindly as he shook.the lads hand.
"Shall we be returning to the castle Duvaindaer?" Sypher asked as he appeared behind Tristan.

"Ah yes, Tilki would you be so kind as to join us, for what I am not sure, yet we shall find something, no?"

"Um sure, I just have to inform Susi and Isa." He returned part of him wanting to go for the potential friendship, and the other for the strategic insight he may learn. However little was he aware that, that was exactly what Tristan and Sypher had in mind aswell. Tho Tristan was more interested in Tilki's friendship.

"Very well lets find these people, where might they be?" Tristan asked as he walked past gesturing for Tilki and Sypher to join him. As Maehel and Deahén both vanished into the canopy with little but a whoosh of the trees to announce their departure.

"Where..did they go? Isa will be with Susi and Susi will be with his sister, who should be with the King.." Tilki replied to Tristan after looking back to find the two had seemingly vanished into the canopy.

"No worries, we will see them soon enough." Tristan reassured Tilki as they walked back towards the castle before Sypher caught up to them on his horse as he lead Tristans to him. "Might be faster on horse, no?" He asked calmly to Tristan, who by the near absent minded blinking had obviously forgotten about his horse.

"Yes it would....Tilki would you mind riding with me? I promise I won't say anything about it." Tristan questioned with an out reached arm after leaping into the saddle.

"Sure." Tilki said with a gently forced smile as he took Tristans hand and together they swung Tilki into the saddle right behind Tristan.
Part of Tilki wanted to have said no and walk. Yet there was no reason to deny a free ride. Plus it would serve to better establish a fruitful friendship with the young Duke, who seemed to have no issues with the rather cramped sitting arrangements and even less when Tilki wrapped his arms around Tristan's midsection.

"M'Lord if you would lead the way." Tristan spoke to Sypher who said nothing in reply other then speeding off through the trees leaving the two lads chasing behind him as though they were in some sort of race back to the castle.

The ride back was rather uneventful with the two lads talking the entire way about everything from how long they would both be in the capital to Tristan inviting Tilki to join him at dinner.

"But I do not have proper clothing." Tilki admitted softly with a meak tone as they reached the stables.

"Fret not I will have some clothing collected for you."
Tristan said reassuringly as Tilki jumped from the saddle.

"Really? I wouldn't want to impose on you tho." Tilki returned as he returned his mask back over his face and popped his hood tell it's trim fell to the brow of his mask. Q

"No worry, I have more then enough time and clothing to spare and if nothing suits you, I will simply have a servent fetch some." Tristan replied with a bright grin as he and his new friend walked out of the stables and towards the castle.
"Are you sure Lord Tristan?" Tilki asked again. "Yes I am and please just call me Tristan."
"Very well, Ista." Tilki replied with a soft smile before racing towards the castle. "Cant catch me Ista." He called out with a bright like smile on under the fox mask

"Haha, challenge accepted." Tristan said under his breath as he gave chase after Tilki, who Tristan had to admit was strangely graceful for being of the northland. As he bounded around a pair of guards on their way out of the palace.

"Hurry up Ista!" Tilki called out as he darted into the castle with a laughing Tristan on his heels.

"Sypher find what Ista means please." Tristan asked Sypher when he caught up. It was easy to see Sypher had no troubles keeping up with either of the lads as he effortlessly glided along side of Tristan. "Of course, I'll come find you when I have an answer for your question." Sypher replied before veering off and leaving Tristan as he raced down the hall.

"Thank you Sy...Sypher?" Tristan spoke looking back to see if he could spot Sypher but to no avail. The man had vanished once again leaving little trace to where or how he had done so.

As Tristan turned back to face forward all he saw was Tilki as he attempted to slow down to avoid crashing into the closed door or the guards that stood infront of them. Only to be pushed into them by Tristan who had no time to stop or slow down. The ensuing collision resulted not only in a tangled mess of bodies crashing into the doors with a resounding crash as the armours slammed into one another, but also a louds crack that resume kid from the doors.

"Everyone ok?" A servent who had seen evrything asked as she made her way to the pile of bodies that slowly but surely sorted itsself out, a laughing Tristan and Tilki pair and the not so amused guards, who wanted to scorn the two for running in the castle, but held their tongues as they recognized Tristan and instead warned the two about the dangers of their actions.
"Yes, we are sorry, would you deliver two messages. One for the King, tell him I shall be tending to business, and shall be taking The Fox as my escort." And another for Sir Bjarke, tell him the Fox shall be coming with The Gethenian Duke and shall be well fed and rewarded for his services. If we are needed we can be in my chambers." Tristan explained, his words clearly well chosen to either excite or aggravate the two men. Before he and Tilki departed.

"Right away Sir." One of them said before departing into the main hall to deliver his messages.

As Anna pushed her way out of the room, Robert finally lowered his hand to reveal a face blushing as red as Varric's. Lyle, however, didn't seem to fazed. He had a more childish grin on his lips - especially when Varric tried to explain himself. Robert coughed to clear his throat. "Erm... no, not exactly, Varric," he began to explain, "Sir Lyle heard... noises... coming from the kitchen and requested my aid in checking it out. We thought that there may have been an infiltrator-"

"Or a ghost," Lyle butted in, still looking quite pleased with himself. In truth, it was rare he had the upper hand in situations such as these so he seemed to be relishing it while he could. Robert eyed him severely and sighed.

"Yes, or a ghost. You know... the - erm - the moaning and the like." The young knight shook his head lightly trying to dispel the image from his mind, as beautiful as Anna was. "Look, it doesn't matter. What we're trying to say is everything is fine. I'm afraid I must apologise for walking in on and ruining what must have been a rare moment of... respite. Sincerely, I am very sorry."

"As am I, Varric," Lyle added, finally coming down from his smug mood, "You are a very lucky man to have Anna and I'm sorry that we interrupted your time alone with her." Both of the knights bowed respectfully before Robert slapped his hands awkwardly against his waist.

"Well, if there's nothing you need, Varric, then we'll be returning to our duties. Please give my apologies to Anna when you see her next." The two turn turned to leave the room and exited briskly. As they walked through the corridors the smile returned to Lyle's face.

"You've got to admit that was pretty funny," he mused, looking to Robert with the youthfulness of an excited schoolboy. Biting his lip, Robert shook his head.

"Embarrassing, maybe. Funny, I'm not so sure."

"Oh come on, you saw the look on Varric's face. That was gold!"

"Okay it was a little funny," he chuckled before a wolfish grin appeared on his face. "I'll be sure to extend you the same courtesies when myself and Arren walk in on you and your little sweetheart."

"Hey, come on, that's not funny."

"Oh, I don't know. I'm sure Marlon would get his kicks out of that one," Robert teased in a badgering tone. Lyle sighed in resignation at that.

"Fine, point taken. Anyway, I must be off to do my rounds. Thank you for helping me out with that one Robert. I'm not really sure what I'd have done if I had to face down a spectre - or worse, the wrath of Anna - alone."

"Any time, brother," Robert responded warmly, the two sharing a mutual warrior's hand shake, both grasping the other's forearms so that they were interlocked for a moment.

As Lyle disappeared on his way, Robert stopped by where the king had previously been but it seemed they had moved on. Well, there was no helping it. Resolving to carry out a foot patrol he moved out of the main hall and headed to the main celebrations where the other knights seemed to have positioned themselves. People seemed happy at least. For all Robert had expected, the assassination attempts seemed to be at a record low and he was grateful for it. If all the knights had to worry about was accidentally walking in on fellow staff members making love on the bread counter then summer was going to go by just breezily. He gave a reaffirming nod to Marlon and Aidain before beginning his rounds of the area, keeping an eye out for any trouble makers. It seemed his main targets had moved out to go and enjoy the company of whores, anyway.

tumblr_micvg0UPK31qbpnx0o5_250.gif

She cocked her head to side slightly as Charlie spoke. "An escape every now and then is nice," she agreed in a humble tone, "Although, I often think how much I'd miss my family and those I love if I was to leave forever." While she was subject to much scrutiny at her home and she heard the whisperings surrounding her on the street it never stopped her family loving her - a fact she was eternally grateful for. A lot of noble houses would have been embarrassed by the whole fiasco and give the child away, or worse, left it for dead. Yet, her mother and father raised her with nothing but love and adoration. It was a nice thought. A thought she often fell back on when she was feeling down. She looked curiously at Charlie, shuffling slightly on the bench. "Did you not miss your family when you were away in France?"

Evelyn was not interested in pulling away. At all. She hooked her arms around Francis' neck and kept him close. The kisses were growing hotter. She reached to tug at his shirt but something like lightning shot down her spine. All at once she jerked away and was across the room, back pressed to the wall. Her pupil's were blown out wide with lust and something…something else. She licked her lips and edged towards the door. "This...not us but this is a mistake…I'm sorry Francis. I'll see you tonight at the party. Feel free to nap in here or…" Her eyes widened when she ran her tongue over her teeth and found something that shouldn't have been there. "Whatever you want. Forgive me, and you're a wonderful kisser." She smiled in a strained manner and then bolted from the room.

She heard Noria shouting after her and managed to pause on the stairs. "Don't touch him he hasn't done anything!" "But my lady—" "I said don't touch him!" Dame Noria, even in her all her years of experience, was taken aback by the ferocity of the girl's order. "Yes my lady." Evelyn shook her head and hurried downstairs. The throne room was blessedly empty, the king's guard must have moved everyone out. She made unfortunate eye contact with Jon Auckland who must have seen the "panic" in her eyes. The man began to stalk towards her, hand on his weapon. Evelyn frowned and looked around. Where was she? Where was she? Jon was on her, staring down at her with the parental anger her father could never manage. "What's wrong?" She frowned at him and kept her hand over her mouth. "I need to find Mother Nyoka. Now." He grabbed her shoulders and stared at her, cold eyes full of concern. "Your father is playing with his woman while you're out here on your own. Come on Evey." She hid in the man's strong side and let him lead her towards Nyoka's chambers where he suspected she would be found. "Woman! The princess needs you." He pressed a kiss to Evelyn's sweaty forehead and turned to leave the room. Evelyn knew he was standing guard at the door.

The princess sank into one of the overstuffed chairs in the dark room, hung with all manner of strange things and cluttered with oddities. "Mama I drank some of that honey wine and it was wonderful…but then I had the strangest urge and the strangest feeling…like what father talks about. I broke a mirror a few nights ago without touching it and now I this." Her lip quivered as tears began to prick her eyes. "I need something. I need to calm down." She wanted to bury her head in the witch's ample bosom as she had as a child but she felt glued to the chair, shaking hands gripping the arms in a white knuckle grip. Without her hand over her mouth it was easy to see that her teeth had taken on the oddest point...

tumblr_lqlzrrX9XB1qilu7wo1_500.gif
Nyoka wasn't entirely pleased when Jon Auckland stormed up to her and called her "woman" - the curvacious woman bridled in indignation and her darkened eyes narrowed into glittering slits at the audacity of the man's request. But upon hearing the name Evelyn, Nyoka was suddenly cast into remembrance of why she tolerated Auckland's crass mannerisms in the first place; they both had a common goal. With the princess, her princess, her little Evelyn in trouble, Nyoka bustled her way behind Jon and made it to the doors of her chamber with a look of worry etched across her features. She stopped, took a deep breath, and smiled mischievously as she strolled into the room, shutting the door behind her.

The girl was distraught, and Nyoka knew that the first thing she had to do was calm her down before her powers worsened and became, well...noticeable. With a delicate touch that betrayed her brash demeanour, Nyoka took Evelyn's chin and opened her mouth slightly to see the pointed teeth, took in the dilated pupils and the smile on her face faltered into one of concern. She glanced at the door and knew that blasted Jon Auckland was waiting right outside it, snarling like an angry mastiff at whoever walked past...the situation had to be dealt with in secrecy. She didn't trust Jon as much as the King did.

"Ahhh," cooed the witch as her smile returned, fingers tracing along dusty bottles, jars of pickled, murky objects and shrunken heads, working her way past the simmering cauldron which secreted a heavy, white mist into the room that smelt faintly of old parchment and metal. "Ya got ya grandfather's blood comin' out good and proper now!" she joked, her voice slightly quieter so it was more of a breathy thrum than her usual yelling. Not only was this to keep Evelyn calm, but it was also to muffle the conversation from Jon. Nyoka's fingers curled around the neck of a smooth, dark bottle, the neck wrapped in twine and knotted with two beads that were warm to the touch, a mottled, mouldy casing with a grubby and faded label that clearly read, in Nyoka's cursive writing, "Anaphrodisia Serum, level 8". "Was hopin' to play a little trick on ya father with dis, but...you need it more." she admittedly, flashing her usual cheeky grin to the girl. On the surface, as far as Evelyn was concerned, she may as well have gotten a cold or a scraped knee like she did when she was young; Nyoka handled the situation with remarkable efficiency. She hummed a little as she went through her cabinet of dosage cups, checking the engravings on the side of the wooden vessels, before picking out a shallow dish - similar to a traditional Japanese Sake cup. She remained dutifully quiet about what was wrong with Evelyn until the woman dragged another worn-down, overstuffed chair towards the princess and set the bottle down on the table.

She kept her voice low and calming to the trembling youth, still seeing her as the little scamp who got bored in her lessons, the one who ran around with her little sister in the courtyard...not the young lady who was currently dealing with one of the most terrifying situations of her life, confused and completely unaware. "Now I don't know how much ya father spoke of you about dis, but it's high time for a good and proper chat. Ya grandfather came from the skies, an' lusted for ya grandmother...they created the King Maximus, ya father. That makes you, an' probably ya sister, Nephiliam - daughters of a Nephilim."

It was easier to start from the beginning and work her way slowly into explaining what that meant. "Ya got a quarter of ya grandfather's true power, which is why t'ings are going a bit...funny when you sneak off with that little boyfriend o' yours. Lust, is what triggers it - at least, that's what triggers it right now." Nyoka uncorked the bottle and poured the liquid until it touched the very rim of the dish, a dark purple, shimmering syrup, looking highly concentrated and viscous. Her tone took a more motherly touch as she placed a reassuring hand on Evelyn's shoulder, a sympathetic frown replacing that usual smile.

"Darlin', I don't know what ya powers are gonna be, or how long it's gonna take for you to control dem. Ya picked the worst time for them to crop up though, cheeky lil' girlie...looks like I taught ya too well." she joked, gently lifting the dish up to Evelyn's lips, a silent demand that she drinks it. She did not give it to Evelyn herself, since she was trembling enough to spill some, and the dosage had to be just right...

The liquid tastes disgusting, like most of Nyoka's potions, the fumes heady like nail-polish remover and the taste of old tobacco and boiled egg. "One cup, twice a day - one just after ya wake up, one just before ya go to bed. Take one before ya sleep tonight, since ya powers will be comin' off strong...no more of dat honey wine, it'll only make it worse...and try to keep ya wanderin' fingers away from dat boy until you've got a grip on it. Don't wanna hurt him, do ya?"

The effects start kicking in rather quickly after consumption - it coats the throat like mucus, and seems to slip into the body with a rather disappointing feeling, like it was sapping away at the lustful ecstasy of a passionate evening - rather firmly putting Evelyn out of the mood she may have been in with Francis earlier. "Now, I'm gonna tell Bastian, an' I'm gonna tell ya father, and they'll sort out somet'ing to keep ya safe." Nyoka put a palm to her chest, pulling a look of mock solemnity. "Listen well, child, dis is the first an' only time I'm gonna say it - Ya prob'ly gonna be put on guard. Don't. Sneak. Off."

Nyoka slumped a little, pulling a face as if she swallowed some of the potion herself, as if it was a physical effort to bring herself to be lawful. She flashed a coy little smile at Evelyn as she set the dish aside, which faltered again...She's growin' up, an' she's gonna find herself on her own in one of the biggest temptations of the year...my poor girl.

Nyoka scooted forward and brought Evelyn into the hug she was waiting for, giving her time to properly calm down, murmuring things like "Ya gonna be okay," and "Shhh, it's nothin' serious," until the princess's shaking stops; also allowing the girl's curiosity to be sated by giving her an open window to ask as many questions as she wished.

Deep down, she hoped that Jon didn't hear any of that.

Maximus managed not to look too smug when Serah showed happiness over the horse. He raised a brow at the name but nodded. "Sounds like a name for a princess. And this horse is certainly a princess among horses." He smiled back when Bjarke made his little comment and told his story. "Your uncle grew to be a very wise man. I do not wish for Lilith to be hurt but she could certainly stand some wisdom." He nodded when Bjarke turned and strode away, repressing an urge to sigh in relief. He turned his full attention back to Serah as she got familiar with Aurora. He gestured to a groom who came over with a few sugar cubes and cut apple for Serah to feed the horse. "She'll love you forever if you feed her." He watched, noting that Serah clearly knew her way around a horse, there was no need for him to interfere. He hung around for a short time but noted the time when the sun began to shine in his eyes. "Well My lady, I must part from you to prepare for the ball tonight in your honor." He kissed her hand and gave Aurora a pat before striding away and back into the castle. He mounted the steps quickly until he got to his study. He'd need to get some work done before the party tonight.

rdj-gif-o.gif

As Marcella provided the name she had contrived for her male persona, Bastian stared at her in a cold silence. How had he not realized sooner? The soft tones in her whisper were too feminine, her build too slight, and the curves of her face too soft. A sting of shame ran through the back of the knight's mind-- he needed to clear his head; he was still too engrossed in the happenings with the King and he needed his mind in the present. When Marcella repeated the name and mentioned her job as an escort, Bastian arched an eyebrow as he gave her a surprisingly incredulous look. "Oh?" he asked, his voice still level, calm. "An escort?" As he spoke, he looked pointedly around them for this Maria she was supposedly escorting.

When the girl again claimed ignorance, Bastian took another small step forward. "I can't help feeling that you do, Dante." Despite his verbal opposition, his arms still rested at his sides and his posture was not intended to pose a threat-- he did not wish to cause a scene. "And you are correct. I have heard neither of you nor of this Maria you profess to be escorting. Oddly, the only Italian contacts His Grace invited to court do not include a 'Maria' or one mister 'Antolini.' Escort or otherwise." Neglecting to include how he knew this information, Bastian continued to regard the woman with a solemn, unblinking stare. Why would this woman be disguising herself as a man? She was likely to have had far more success in passing herself off as a hand-maiden or estranged lady of an obscure house than in posing as an escort for a fictional woman.

Finally blinking as Marcella took on a somewhat defensive tone, Bastian closed the rest of the space between them so he was standing with chin nearly over her shoulder as he spoke. "I am not trying to draw unnecessary attention to you," he murmured, his voice still the same unbroken calm, "but I will know why you're slinking about the court in disguise. What is your purpose here?"

• Love
"I-Is that so?" Her facade was rapidly crumbling and they both knew it. Not that it had stood much of a chance in the first place. Still, to bump into a member of the Kingsguard this early - Marcella cursed her luck. "It's unlike the King to forget. What, are you a secretary on top of being a soldier now?" She was babbling now and her face flushed as her own words tore down her disguise. Her rising voice attracted the attention of a few party goers nearby whose curiosity was no doubt more piqued by the guard interrogating her. She paced slightly in spot, biting her lip until the more nosier guests dispersed. Her mined raced through a multitude of options but none seemed particularly appealing. The guard didn't seem to be in any hurry to act though which calmed Marcella down a little.

"I," Marcella squirmed. What the hell was she going to tell this man? The truth? That she'd been sent to rout out a possible vampire in the King's court? "Was it really that easy to see through? I passed the front gate easily enough."
She scratched her head in irritation. "And I'm not slinking." One thing was for certain. She could not get thrown in jail. She'd already delayed this mission for weeks and if Terenzio found her in a cell - Marcella preferred not to think about it. She'd have to keep mum about the Vatican. The King was rumored not to be too fond of religion after all. The King! Her eyes widened slightly, an idea coming into her mind. Marcella sighed with guilt before continuing with her second lie. "I just wanted to see the King is all. I really am telling the truth about Italy... I've never been this close to His Majesty before. As for this thing," she plucked at her armour, "I doubted the court would be too pleased with a peasant in attendance." She placed her hands on her hips, close enough to the handle of her sword but at the same time far enough to not cause any more alarm. "So... what do you think happens now?"

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
Serah

As she took the treats to feed the horse, she looked at the king thoughtfully. "And you milord? What if I feed you?" she asked, half playful half serious. The undercurrent of the question would be clear to someone with as sharp a wit as he :
What was required to win his love? Was it as easily earned as a horse's?

Because if there was one thing she knew it was love that was easily earned was just as easily lost. It would take more then kind words and presents to win her love, but if he managed to obtain it her love for him would be as strong and loyal as her love for her brother.

He left before answering her, she supposed to think on her question. That was good in a way. A hasty answer was often times the wrong one.
She watched him leave and turned her attention back to her new horse, who was greedily gobbling up her treats. Serah laughed, the sound was light and warm like a sun beam. "Well my treasure, we have both been penned in long enough. I think it's time to let you run..."

--
It took some convincing for the stable hand to get her a saddle and allow her to leave. The man was terrified of what the king would say if he let her go riding alone but once she pointed out that as she wasn't the Queen yet she did not need the royal guard and the if the king was angry he could just blame it on her. She made it clear that the consent of a stable hand meant nothing to her. The only say he had in the matter was if she went on a saddle or barebacked.

Once she was clear of any man made structures and found an open field she gave Aurora leave to run. The mare's blood did not lie. She was indeed wickedly fast. Serah nearly felt like she was flying as the wind whipped her hair.
Here, in the open air, under the blue sky and bright sun, moving faster then the wind, Serah felt like she could outrun anything, maybe even the demons of the past.
-----------------------------------------

Brenna

The voice made her look up to see an old man approaching her. She smirked at his words.
"There may be no fear of magic, but fear of the unknown is a different thing entirely," she replied. "I know not what I am and neither do they," she waved a hand towards the whisperers. "People do not like what they do not understand. They fear what they cannot explain. And what they fear they end up seeking to destroy."

The last part was said with more wisdom and knowledge then a girl her age should have had. At that moment her eyes looked years beyond her own and spoke of firsthand knowledge.
An instant later she shook it away and smiled again. "But it is amusing to scare the painted peacocks and make them sqawk. I have a bed and food, for the time being at least, so I am not going to complain."

She glanced at the few Northern men who were still in the main hall drinking and making noise. "But it seems I am not the only one causing a bad taste in the mouths of high-born," she commented, arching her eyebrow at their antics.

As Robert found a good place to take sentry, Marlon headed over to him, a look of intrigue in his eye. "How goes the talks between the King and his radiant bride-to-be?"

"I never took you for a man of gossip, Marlon," Robert responded with a smile, warranting a chuckle from his comrade.

"Well, when I saw that those Northerners had gone off to sample whores I got the notion things had gone much better than I anticipated." Before Robert could respond, their conversation was interrupted by Rikhen who appeared from the crowd with a grim look upon his face.

"They won't be sampling for much longer," he announced with a sigh, a clear look of disdain and dread for the task ahead. "We need to summon them back to the palace. The evening's ball will be soon and Lady Serah's brother is needed back at the castle." Neither Robert nor Marlon seemed enthused by the notion and a unified sigh confirmed it.

"You scared of a few northern cocks or something?" Marlon grumbled, causing Rikhen to blush slightly.

"Of course not. I'd rather just have back up. Something doesn't sit right with me about them," he responded defensively. Marlon ruffled his hair and gave him a patronising smile before stepping off to the side.

"I'm sure Aidain can cover the party here. Lyle should be back soon anyway," Robert reasoned, a gesture that Marlon seemed to respond well to. So, with a flurry of teasing remarks, the trio set off into the streets of the Capital.

"Where has Lyle gotten to anyway?" Marlon asked, looking to Robert as they walked.

"You wouldn't even believe me if I told you…"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I'll see you lot in a moment" Rikhen announced as the trio stopped before a large building. A sign swung above the door: 'The Quivering Maiden'.

"This the place? Lovely title," Robert muttered before looking on down the street.

"Alright, Mr.Celibate. Go do your thing!" Marlon chirped with a smile, "We'll wait out here for you." Rikhen grimaced before nodding resolutely. As much as Marlon's razzing was annoying, he was right. A whore house was not Rikhen's venue of choice, to say the least. The whole concept didn't exactly fall in with his tastes or morals.

Stepping through the door, the young knight's senses were assaulted from all angles. Even with the high-class reputation of the place, it still reeked of sex and booze. The air was stuffy and filled with the sounds of pleasured moans and giggling women. Topless girls brushed past the young knight though he paid them little notice. He had sighted his target, after all. How could he not? There was a rabble of them, the loudest in the room, of course. Their arrogance, their lack of grace… it was infuriating. He knew he needed to control his temper, it was part of his training but there was something about Bjarke and his 'pack' that revolted him. He made a straight line for the group, positioning himself near Bjarke and resting his hand on his blade, a frown on his brow.

"Bjarke Keln, get your dumb drunken arse up. You are required to attend the ball back at the Palace, while I'm sure this establishment would appreciate your coin they'll thank me for the removal of your stench," he spat, getting carried away, still sour from their earlier dispute.

Bjarke grumbled and sipped at his drink, a woman on his left and his sword on his right. He wore no shirt and his pants were hardly tied on. He looked about his men and smirked, he then laughed, then attempted to stand and grumbled a bit more before forcing himself up.

"You gonna make me, you silly pillow biting cunt?" Bjarke said waving his cup through the air, spilling a bit of ale on the floor. Rikhen took a step back and crossed his arms.

"Put the drink down, and get some clothes on before I take out your other eye. I'll bring it to the King, maybe I'll get a reward."

"Oh aye, I've no doubt you'd get to polish his scepter," Bjarke said, he laughed and his men followed suit roaring and tumbling over with joy, "Now leave here before I stomp you into the floor you whiney southern bitch."

Rikhen took a step back and pivoted on a foot, pretending like he was leaving. He spun round and cocked a fist behind his head before following through and checking Bjarke's chin. Bjarke was knocked back onto the cushioned bench, the girl previously beside him screaming and rushing off. The Pack sprung to action some drawing swords and some simply balling their fists.

"Wait!" Bjarke shouted, holding one hand up. His other hand was holding his jaw, he smirked as he stood. He waved his men away and stood. He rolled his shoulders and smiled at the young knight, he grabbed him by the shoulder plates and pulled him in. At the same time he tucked his forehead in and slammed it into Rikhens face. Rikhen stumbled back and took a moment to reset his nose. The Pack hooped and hollered at the promise of a fight, Maryn even came away from his meal to observe the commotion.

"Fine then, have at it." Rikhen said drawing his sword, "I'll be honored for this."

Bjarke put his arms to his side to signify a 'come forth' gesture. Rikhen took a swing at stomach level, Bjarke threw his hips back and chuckled a bit. Rikhen raised his sword and tried a downward slash and wound up embedding his blade in the floor. Bjarke saw the opportunity and punched Rikhen in the face, jarring his grip on the sword. Rikhen fell to a knee with his hand on the floor to steady himself. Bjarke grabbed a knife from a nearby table and saw an opportunity. He planted the knife through Rikhen's hand and into the floor, pinning the young man. The blade dug all the way into the table and its handle pressed against the flesh of Rikhen's hand.

"A drink!" Bjarke shouted to no one in particular as he circled Rikhen. One of his men brought forth a drink a copper goblet, Bjarke took it gladly and downed it quickly. He wiped his beard and strode in front of Rikhen.

"How will the king honor you now?" Bjarke said bending down in front of the beaten warrior with his hands on his knees, "Perhaps he'll permit you a burial next to his prized dog."

"You wouldnt dare kill me! I'm a Kingsguard," Rikhen said between breaths, "Your sister would be in danger if you kill me."

"That's where you're wrong. That pompous shit you call a King won't dare hurt my Sister because that'll bring every Northmen to his door and every wanting warrior to his daughters' chambers."

"You're a vile unwashed imbecilic barbarian," Rikhen said with a smile, "But you're not dumb enough to go through with this."

"Oh but I am." Bjarke said. He brought the cup up to his chest and looked down at it, twirling it in his hands. He grabbed around the main part of the cup and looked down at Rikhen with a smile, this smile turned into a look of anger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside, the two knights had began to grow impatient. Marlon let out a deep sigh, casting his gaze to the door and scuffing the dirt on the ground with his boot.

"You think Rikhen's finally given up on his celibacy?" he asked, looking to Robert.

"No, but he's definitely taking a worrying amount of time." A loud scream and not one of pleasure permeated out of the building, causing both knights to look at each other in concern. Rushing inside, the duo fought through the fleeing crowd of people before finally getting sight of Rikhen… too late. Powerless to do anything but watch, both Marlon and Robert looked on in horror as they saw Rikhen's face break apart on Bjarke's cup. Bjarke brought his cup back again and slammed it down against Rikhen's face. This time his jaw splitting in half, a gurgle coming from his mouth as teeth and blood spurted out. Bjarke continued and eventually he was holding Rikhen's limp body by its breastplate and slamming the cup into a pulpy mass of broken bone and flesh.

A loud cry filled the room as the crowd finally cleared and the remaining two knights gained full view of the gory scene before them, alerting Bjarke and his pack to their presence. Seething and red with rage, Robert stepped forward, half looking to Bjarke with a violent blood-lust and half looking on in shock at his fallen comrade.

"You bastard," he snarled, Marlon moving in behind him, equally as enraged. "You'll pay for this with your life, you cunt!"

Bjarke turned away from his kill hearing a loud shouting, he regarded these new enemies with a cool resolve. He looked at them and smiled a bit, then dropped the cup against the floor, a metallic clang resonating for a moment.

"You just missed your friend," Bjarke sighed calmly, "I couldn't make out his last words but he could have been calling for help. Or maybe just calling me a drunken cunt."

Ÿrd grabbed his hammer and twirled it in his hands as he approached Bjarke's side. He twisted it and let its head drop to the floor making a loud thud.

"I know you boys think this is going to be a real rough and tumble escapade where you all make it out alive, but we outnumber you and there's three of the best Northern warriors in this room. Surrounded by loyal brothers." Ÿrd said leaning his head back. As he said this Maryn walked out of his room and pulled a shirt on, Bjarke had a smirk on his face and was ready to fight.

"I agree with the Bear, you lot should just fuck off." Bjarke said dropping the body of Rikhen to the floor. Metal clanged and clinked against itself as the fallen Kingsguard crumpled and spilled blood all over the floor.

Like a switch flicking off in his head, the severity of the situation became an abstract anomaly to Robert. Even the concept of certain death didn't phase the young knight as his vision turned completely red. Drawing his blade, he charged at Bjarke with lightning speed, tackling the man to the ground and striking him across the jaw with the pommel. Blood shot from the northerners mouth yet he seemed unphased, managing a swift counter in the form of a hook punch to Robert's temple, knocking the knight off. Before anyone could intercept, Marlon had rushed into the crowd of northerners, keeping them clear of his comrade who was busy with Bjarke. When the city guard rushed in, it all ended in a flash. The fight hadn't seemed to have lasted two minutes but the devastation told a different story - blood covered the floors and shattered furniture was scattered around. A pervasive quietness ruled the room and the once bustling whorehouse became nothing more than an abandoned battlefield.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Limping over, Marlon crashed down into the bar next to Robert, both of them with their backs pressed against the wood. The room was empty except for the two of them and the only sign that their fallen comrade was ever there was a pool of blood and the discarded teeth and bone gristle. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How are you?" Marlon winced, looking to Robert with concern. Since the end of the fight Robert hadn't said much. He had just stared into space. "That big bastard, the bear, was a tough fucker to fight. Think I might have cracked a rib." Still, nothing. "I'll be honest with you, I thought that was it for me when those three sprightly ones tried to grab me from behind." A sigh left the wounded knights lips. "You hurt at all? That fight with Bjarke Keln looked vicious..." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He's dead, Marlon," Robert finally spoke, grimly, "Rikhen's fucking dead." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I know…" he responded in a sobered tone of voice, his eyes looking to the floor. Once again, silence prevailed as the two knights reflected on the events of the past hour. While the cuts and bruises that covered Robert's body hurt a great deal, they paled in comparison to the pain of grief that he was feeling. It was an image not so easy forgotten - seeing a man he had trained with for years just... break apart like that. How would they report this to Bastian? Would there be a proper funeral? How would they contact his family? All were questions stirring in his mind. "Look," Marlon spoke once again, "We both need to get our wounds checked out. Let's focus on that for now. We'll take everything else... one step at a time, I guess." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That cunt better swing for what he's done," Robert spat bitterly, wiping some dried blood from around his mouth. Giving a reassuring nod, Marlon helped him to his feet before the two headed back towards the palace. They took the servants entrance so as not to disturb the party, also, none could know about this until the King was ready. The lads sought out Varric and then the court healer. When they found the head butler, they were like a couple of dead men walking, limping and groaning, no idea of how serious their wounds could be. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
tumblr_mcint8zXVt1qg2p2zo7_250.gif
[/BCOLOR]​

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
At the woman's anxious, yet surprisingly sardonic inquiry about his job, Bastian gave an almost-imperceptible shrug. "Perhaps," he replied, "either way, you will find that my memory serves well."

Watching as the young woman began to pace, the knight remained stationary-- impervious to the looks some of the guests were casting in their direction. If the woman would calm down, she wouldn't be drawing so much attention to herself.

Finally, the Italian seemed to calm enough to continue their "conversation" and Bastian merely gave her a skeptical look as she asked about her disguise. At first glance, yes, she could pass as a man-- having such short hair and wearing armor saw to that-- but once one began interacting with her, the façade failed rather quickly. It also seemed that she was wholly unaware of the fact that Bastian could feel the inhuman energy radiating from her.

Not slinking? "Skulking then," the knight responded, the barest traces of a smirk touching the corners of his mouth. Still waiting rather patiently as the woman seemed to wrestle with her thoughts, the knight idly shifted his weight to his other leg. He was still quite worn from his lack of sleep and the morning's events, but his roughed temper had smoothed considerably and he'd again found his composure. Which, currently, seemed to be the only thing keeping this woman from coming undone. If she was this nervous with someone as collected as he was, he couldn't imagine her facing one of the more short-tempered of the Kingsguard.

Noting the girl's eyes widening, Bastian gave a soft sigh. Either she wasn't used to telling lies, or she was very poor with false telegraphing. Somehow, he suspected it was the first. "I can hear that you're telling the truth about Italy," he doubted someone so nervous could fake an accent that well, "but I'm to believe you came all the way from Italy to steal a glimpse of His Majesty during summer court?" He paused for a moment, icy eyes again taking in her appearance. He still couldn't place her unusual energy. "And even if that were the case, I would think you'd have come to hear his first address… But I didn't see you inside."

Another few partygoers had stopped to gawk at the pair, no doubt wondering what the young man had done to be stopped by one of the Kingsguard. Giving one of the too-curious women a pointed stare, Bastian slid his hand forward and lightly rested it on Marcella's hip. The woman gave a choked sort of sound and quickly moved on, muttering to herself. When she had gone, the knight dropped his hand back to his side and looked back to the young woman in front of him. "Now?" he repeated, placid expression still fixed on his features, "now I'd like to hear the truth, Dante, befo---"

"Sir Sutharlainn!"

A harried-looking member of the city guard was pushing through the crowd toward them, and Bastian gave another slight sigh. What he wouldn't give for summer court to be over and done with. He leaned back into the young woman, speaking quietly, close to her ear, "we will continue later. Know, for now, that I will be keeping close watch." It wasn't intended as a serious threat, but he didn't need any more people causing issues within the court. "Neither of us is as human as we seem," he murmured as he stepped away from her, "bear that in mind."

With that, he turned on his heel and went to meet the guard that was frantically calling for him.
---
Angry wasn't a sufficient enough word to describe the Knight Commander's current emotions.

He was incensed-- utterly apoplectic, and he was having considerable difficulties in keeping his expression from showing it; that much was obvious by the wide clearance the servants were giving him as he stalked down the corridor, his hands curled into trembling fists.

When the guard had informed him of the incident with Bjarke and the Kingsguard, the first place Bastian had gone was the brothel in question. He wanted answers, and he would be starting with those who witnessed the occurrence-- to acquire objective information. The brothel keeper had looked wholly distressed at the appearance of another Kingsguard, but relaxed somewhat when he was informed that neither he, nor his courtesans, were being held accountable for anything that had transpired-- and that he only wanted to ask some questions. Several of the women who had been present during the scene were willing to speak with the knight, and they recounted near identical stories. The Kingsguard had come in swearing and showed only disrespect for the Northerners. Bjarke, it seemed, had only reacted in kind-- albeit a bit severely.

After making hurried arrangements to have the brothel compensated for their trouble and offering sincerest apologies for Rikhen's behaviour, Bastian headed straight for the palace.

It didn't take long for the commander to be intercepted by Varric, the man looking more concerned than he'd seen him in some time.

"Where are they?" Bastian didn't need to elaborate.

"This way, sir."

"How bad?"

"They'll live, sir."

"That remains to be seen."

As Varric pulled open the door to one of the healer's chambers, Bastian swept inside, piercing gaze flicking back and forth between the two injured knights. They were beat to hell, but Bastian was sore pressed for sympathy at the moment.

"Explain," he said, fighting to keep the usual tone of calm in his voice, "now. And for fuck's sake, tell me the truth. I've already been lied to enough for one day."

Reactions: falk
Robert's eyes flicked up to the door as it swung open, a seemingly enraged Bastian storming through demanding explanation. The healer was an elderly gentleman apt with all manners of poultices and medicines. Some might say he could even rival Mama Nyoka's expertise but they would likely be wrong - she was the personal servant to the royals alone, anyway. His young assistant, a maid under the employ of Varric, and Sir Lyle's lover, pressed a cold cloth to Robert's bare and bruised shoulder, causing him to wince with pain. Marlon passed the blonde knight a look before the healer began to rag his jaw back and forth, assessing the damage.

"I don't even rightly know what happened myself, sir," Robert sighed, running his hands down his face. "Rikhen approached us, asking us to accompany him into the city to collect Bjarke Keln for the evening ball. We assumed it was an order from either yourself or the king at the time..." Robert was cut off by a loud 'Ow' from Marlon who appeared to be suffering under the hands of the aged gentleman.

"You've cracked your lower rib, from what I can tell," the healer spoke before looking to Bastian. "Marlon is not to engage in combat for at least another week and should be exempt from all training. He's a tough lad but even he's going to need to take it easy for at least the next month - any immediate strain will worsen his condition significantly." He rose to his feet and sifted through an assortment of poultices and potions on the nearby shelf before handing a tincture to both knights. "It'll help with the bruising and the mending process should rapidly accelerate. I'll see if there's anything the esteemed Mistress Nyoka can offer, also." He looked to the young girl expectantly. "How is Sir Robert, my dear Lily?"

"Mainly bruising from what I can tell. Most lacerations and punctures of the skin are minor and should heal swiftly." She pulled the cloth from Robert's skin and handed it to her mentor. "I'm surprised you're so well off, Robert. To go up against Bjarke Keln and..."

"You didn't see him, Lil'. Like a man possessed." Marlon commented causing Robert to grimace slightly. "Oh, sorry, sir. The recollection..."

"We went with Rikhen to the brothel but he went inside alone," Robert continued, rising to his feet with a grunt and sliding his shirt back over his body. "The next we heard was a loud scream, people sprinting from the building in pure panic... chaos. When we cleared through the crowd to get inside... well... I'd rather not describe the sight. Rikhen was barely alive, beaten to a pulp by that northern prick. It just... it all just went red. The next thing I know, the place is empty and I'm locked in a fist fight."

"I wasn't too far away," Marlon added, "We were outnumbered by god knows how many to one. I couldn't just... we couldn't just let them get away with that, sir. You understand, right? He was our brother!"

"And always will be..." Robert sighed, casting a sombre gaze to the floor before looking up at Bastian.

tumblr_mts4j2Mbwq1sehnpvo2_500.gif

Reactions: Duchess
[BCOLOR=inherit]Tyra slipped out of Elizabeth's chamber just as she slipped a incredibly beautiful necklace into the pouch on her right hip. Elizabeth was gone mingling with the other nobles, surely her necklace wouldn't be missed for too long, right? The young woman wasn't worried, though, the full moon was a day off and that was the only time she ever saw the other woman wear it. The necklace would be long away from the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]capitol[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] by then. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]It must have been a family heirloom because all the Clayburn children carried a simil[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]ar[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] stone with them. If she recalled correctly, Bellamy a sword, John a dagger, Francis a peculiar button on a certain jacket, then Elizabeth with a necklace. Tyra didn't know if Charlie carried anything with him but since he had been born the son of the Duke then surely so.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]She had never been fond of the south and for majority of her life she stayed in the mountains, far away from prying eyes. Her father had done wonders in hiding Tyra away, even from his wife, but he could sense that Bellamy knew his secret. Tyra knew as well as anyone that Bellamy was most perceptive out of all of the siblings. He always had a knack to catch her[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=inherit]in her lies or some other foolish childish game. That was their relationship, even if neither knew the truth, or maybe they did and just chose to ignore it. No one knew for certain, especially between the oldest and youngest Clayburn. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]Fiddling with the pouch, she quickly made it through the servants quarters then down to the stables. Finding her horse, she ignored the stable boys as she mounted it and road off towards town. Tyra wasn't sure just how safe it was for her, especially as the sky grew darker. Passing the brothel, she didn't think much of it until she saw Robert and a few others from the Kingsguard entering. Weren't they meant to be at the castle? Sighing, she pulled her hood over her head in case she was in threat of being recognized. It had been awhile since she had been in the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]captiol[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] so she wasn't sure if she were heading in the right direction. Sliding off of Phoenix, she stood outside of the tavern that was meant to be the meeting place. When she saw another hooded figure, Tyra immediately recognized how the air around her changed. The air was electric and as she took in a deep breath it was as if electricity began to course through her veins. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]As they embraced in a hug, the exchange was quick but not before Tyra's curio[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]sity[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] was ignited. Looking up at the intimidating man, she asked, "Why do you need the necklace?" As the question was asked, his eyes flashed a color she didn't rec[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]ognize[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. It was animalistic and quick, but she couldn't help but to jump back as if she had been hit with a bolt of light[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]ning[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]. The stranger shook his head and his only response was, "I thought a Clayburn would know." With that the deal was set and Tyra was once again alone with more questions than answers. [/BCOLOR]
tumblr_no8uvuLCtj1sg70k0o4_400.gif

××

[BCOLOR=inherit]Elizabeth returned to her chambers to quickly change before the nights festivities. As a precaution, she went to her wooden jewelry box to slip on the green jewel that had been in her possession since birth. When it wasn't there well her immediate reaction was to panic. Taking in a deep breath, Elizabeth tore her room apart looking for the necklace. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]Where is it? Gods please help me before I murder someone.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] Running her fingers through her hair, she sat down on her bed and it took nearly all her will not to scream. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]Where the hell could it be?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] Picking up her skirts, she rushed out of the room and sought out the one person that had eyes everywhere in the kingdom, the king. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]It didn't take long to realized that Maximus had retreated into his study. If it had been a normal necklace, well Elizabeth wouldn't have worried about it, but this necklace...it was more valuable than all of her family's money and lands. The story goes that one of the previous kings had given the stone to her family as reward for their service. Elizabeth didn't know how much of the story was true but she knew the value and she knew the disdain the southerners held for the northerners...Could it have been a southerner? Had any of the servants seen anything? Questions were popping out of the sky by the time she reached the king's study. With urgency, she asked, "May I speak with the king? Please, tell him this is urgent." Elizabeth could feel the electricity in the air and that worried her. She only felt that type of electricity when the full moon was near and that was exactly what worried her. [/BCOLOR]
tumblr_nam766e8x21ru0dsxo7_250.gif

××

[BCOLOR=inherit]"So where have you been all night? I don't recall Elizabeth asking you to go into town." Bellamy stood at the entrance to the stables just as Tyra returned. The woman couldn't decide if he were angry with her or not so she decided it'd be best if she treaded lightly around him. Sliding off of her horse[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]'s[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] back, she handed the reigns over to one of the stable boys as she turned to face Bellamy. Tyra folded her arms against her chest, shaking her head, "Well you're mistaken. She sent me to gather some information of the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]kingsguard[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit], I don't know why, but she wanted me to follow them and listen in on their conversation. You can go and ask her." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]Please don't go and ask her, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]Tyra thought as she began to walk back towards the castle. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]"Is that so?" Bellamy raised an eyebrow as he clasped his hands behind his back, beginning to walk beside her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]"Yes, Bellamy, now can we please talk about something else?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]"No, I want to talk about this. You said my sister sent you there for something about the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]kingsguard[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] but...My sister doesn't know a single soul on the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]kingsguard[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit], not personally enough to want information and last I heard they had a run in at the brothel so...Why is it that you're the only one who isn't currently being questioned by Bastian?" Placing his hand on the hilt of his sword, he gently ran his thumb over the embedded jewel. He was nervous for the coming moon, partly because he was in the south, but also partly because he was worried for his sister and youngest brother. This was the first time all the Clayburns had been together in so long, how would their blood react to that? Then he had to factor in so many other things, even his head began to spin. What was Tyra hiding? Surely nothing but she was more jumpy than her usual self and that worried him. The pair entered the great hall, surprised that there was no commotion. He figured that was partly because all the northerners but themselves were in the brothels getting drunk and sticking their cocks into whatever was available. [/BCOLOR]
tumblr_mq7ikktmXt1qfx4uao5_r2_500.gif

[BCOLOR=inherit]***[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]Frances would have never admitted to be afraid, especially not by the likening of a woman, but in that moment he was terrified. What had just happened? He felt the electric shock, it reverberated through his body as its one being, but Evelyn's eyes...Blinking, he asked, "Are you okay?" He knew not to be afraid, he knew that in his mind, but his heart told him a different thing. When she didn't respond and only took off out of the room, he sat down at the edge of the bed, putting his head in his hands. Why did she drink whatever was in that bottle? He should've stopped her, anything from Mama Nyoka wasn't something you wanted to consume. Leaning back onto her bed, he ran his hands down his face before deciding it didn't look right for him to be in her room without her there. He knew what she had said but...He didn't feel right about it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]He couldn't help but to wonder if the princess were keeping something from him. Frances knew the rumors surrounding the family but were they true? The scene Evelyn just caused surely confirmed the idea that it was. What was he to say to her? Frances didn't know if the 'what the hell are you' question would be welcomed by the young princess. It wasn't as if he had been completely honest with her either. He couldn't deny that and with the moon so near. The young man found it amusing that his brothers didn't know that he knew the family secret, not that it was much of a secret. If you had the re[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit]sources[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=inherit] and the time, well you could dig up as much dirt as you felt on your own family. The stories were there, they just had to be proven by the correct people. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]"Are you okay, Frances? You look as if you've seen a ghost." John clasped his brother's shoulder, heading down the hall back towards where the festivities were. The brothers had never been overly close but they were still brothers and that was what mattered. Frances often wondered why John had kept their secret from him, he understood Bellamy had his reasons, but he couldn't but help to wonder about John's. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]Nodding his head, Frances smiled as he asked, "Would you like to help me with something?" John gave Frances a peculiar look but nodded his head anyway. "I believe it's time I paid Mama Nyoka a visit." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]
tumblr_nkm0laGXM11swyclho4_r1_250.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]
tumblr_nj4tgfwD881rgmcozo4_250.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]××[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=inherit]"I believe that I missed my family about as well as a cat misses its owner, I didn't. I love all of them and I love my cousins more than words can express, but...You know...I can't say. I wish I could Eira, but I can't. Some secrets need to stay buried and this is one of them." Pulling a small pocket watch from his coat pocket, no one could miss the jewel that was embedded into it. Pocketing it back into safekeeping on his hip, he asked, "Would you like to return inside? I'm afraid I'm rather parched and the wine here is exquisite. You will join me, I hope?" Charlie looked to Eira in anticipation. He needed an ally in this court, someone not from the north. The west was a good ally to have after all, they were always kind to the Clayburns even if much of the country didn't spare them a second glance. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=inherit]
tumblr_mgcflufBV31r4q3gno10_r2_250.gif
[/BCOLOR]

• Love
Eira mulled over what Charlie was saying as he spoke. It was a concept she couldn't quite grasp. She had always been so shamefully dependent on her family that she couldn't solicit the idea that one could live completely without the other. She looked up at him when he invited her inside, completely absorbed in her thoughts for a moment, before she gave an apologetic smile. "I'm afraid I must find Ralwen first. He'll burst a blood vessel with worry if I'm gone too long. I'll meet you in there, though." The young woman rose to her feet and gave a polite bow before departing, a small smile resting comfortably on her lips.

Voyaging into the crowd of people at site of the main celebrations, Eira spied Ralwen right where he said he would be. People seemed to be trickling back inside and the guard were no longer blocking the way, the hall awash with lavish food and snacks - a pretext to the grand feast and ball that was to take place on the night. "How was your time in the gardens?" Ralwen asked, clearly hinting towards her interactions with Charlie, a wolfish grin on his lips.

"The gardens were very beautiful," she responded demurely. "What is it that you wanted to show me?" A flash of realisation shot across Ralwen's face before he reached into his coat pocket.

"This arrived earlier for you," As his hand extended out towards her, the item's identity was revealed - a beautiful white sapphire gem locked within a pristine, shimmering silver pendant. "It's from your father," he continued. "The packaging was all but lost due to a fault of the courier's but... well... who ever needed packaging anyway?" A smile wider than any she had smiled before drew across her lips and she grasped the jewelry delicately before fitting it around her neck.

"It's gorgeous," she gasped. "Is... is father okay?" she asked, her tone turning to one of worry. In her time spent at court, she had been quite busy and the issues of her father's health and temporarily slipped out of the limelight. He was quite ill the last she saw him, as pale as a ghost and damp with cold sweats.

"Well, he must be well enough to send you that!" Ralwen gave a short chuckle, relieving her burden of worry slightly. "Your father's stronger than you give him credit for, Eira. He's got your mother with him, also. You don't need to worry so much."

"Thank you, Ralwen."

"Thank your father."

"No... I don't mean for this. Well, for this... but just everything." He gave the girl a nod before placing his hands in his pockets and turning to face the palace door.

"Stop it before you get me all sentimental. Come on, there's fresh wine in the main hall and not enough deserving people to drink it," he spoke in a resolute tone before setting off towards the door, the young girl closely in tow. As she walked, she toyed with and fingered at the gem, a smile drawn from ear to ear.

tumblr_mc7wh86rnl1rsl78go4_250.gif

Ÿrd walked down the steps into the dungeons, he heard other men wailing and some crying out for freedom or bread. But his objective was to get to Bjarke's cell, which rested at the end of the long hall. Ÿrd had a small bruise on his chin from where he'd gotten into a punching match with the large Kingsguard man. He rubbed his chin and opened his jaw slightly just to feel the damage done.

"Oh I gave my love," Bjarke sang from his cell, "I gave my heart, I gave it all to the fairest maid, and yet she tore it all apart!"

The bear couldnt help but smirk at Bjarke, here he was after committing a most brutal murder and simply drinking away and singing. Poor bastard probably thought he was going to get to die. Ÿrd walked in front of the cell and tucked his thumbs in his belt line and looked through the bars at Bjarke. The Wolf had a few scratches on him, and a bruise on his jaw. He'd been thrown in with just his pants and boots on but he still looked jolly.

"I see Maryn managed to sneak you that mead," Ÿrd said leaning his shoulder against the stone outlining the metal bars.

"Ÿrd, as overjoyed as I am to see you in your rotundness," Bjarke said taking another swig from the skin of wine, "Why is it I'm the only Northerner in a cell?"

"Well," Ÿrd said leaning back on the balls of his feet then leaning forward, "As it is put by the many men we inquired with. You are the only man guilty of anything, and the rest of us were simply 'acting in defense of our lord'. By the way, the defense of you 'my lord' is starting to take it's toll on my old bones."

"Ÿrd, The Great Bear!" Bjarke said adopting a story tellers voice, "Finally admits he's getting too long in the tooth to keep up with the Grey Wolf."

"You'll shut your fuckin mouth or I'll have them open this god damn door so I can knock you around like I did when you were younger."

Bjarke put his hands up in the air in submission then let them fall at his sides, he took another drink before standing and tossing the skin aside. He rested his arms above his head on the bars and leaned. He and Ÿrd sat there for a moment, neither speaking just thinking while looking at one another.

"God's you've gotten old," Bjarke said. Ÿrd made a growl and slammed his large fist against the cell, Bjarke reared back in laughter and then resumed his position leaning against the bars.

"I dont know if you'll make it out of this one," The big man said calmly, "At least not by the King's orders. Maryn and I have the Pack prepared to strike, we could spring you from this hold and have a secondary group of men free Serah. Then we could flee North, you're father could call for the other houses loyalty..."

"Ÿrd!" Bjarke said with intense force, "I do not care to have my men die for me to go to the North and die an old man. I will accept whatever judgement that cunt of a King puts on me, preferably death."

"Bjarke, I've fought by your side in many battles. I'll not stand idly by while you are beheaded."

"I appreciate your loyalty my friend," Bjarke said reaching through the bars and putting a hand on his friends shoulder, "I'll need someone to run the Pack in my place if this is my final day. Maryn'll take your place, and Tilki can take Maryn's place. Then you can find another clever bastard to play the fourth. You'll need some younger men to help you get up on your horse anyway."

Ÿrd grimaced and reached into his satchel, he pulled 2 skins of wine and some bread with salted meats in it. He reached through the bars and handed them to Bjarke and put a hand on his friends shoulder before walking off. Bjarke pulled the cork off of the first skin of wine and drank as he sunk to the cell floor. He resumed his singing and smiled, as he drank and ate his fill. When the morning came he'd be laughing his way to the executioner's block.

Status
Not open for further replies.