GLORIOUS OFFICIAL IWAKU ELECTION 2016 THREAD | ALL OTHER THREADS INFERIOR

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
9hooP0T.gif

HEY FUCKERS, I HEAR THERE'S AN ELECTION HAPPENING SOON.

So lemme get out ahead of this, before General Chat turns into Iwaku's own version of The Purge.

Y'know, more than it fucking is already.

Politics threads tend to go to hell in a hand-basket faster than you can scream "HITLER WAS RIGHT", and with this current election cycle that's never been more true. At the end of the day, we're a roleplaying forum and we really don't need politics coming into spoil everyone's nice time: this is a place folks come to for escapism, after all, so having the election cycle chase them here is less than ideal.

BUT WAIT, I'M NOT FINISHED.

At the same time, we also don't want to go laying down blanket statements about what you can and can't say on Iwaku. Goes against that whole "flexibility of speech" thing we have written down somewhere that @Jorick and @Astaroth keep yelling at me about whenever I suggest we just ban all of you and have done with it. With that in mind, we're gonna try and find ourselves a middle ground solution that allows folks to have their say without the entire forum descending into a clusterfuck of angry, bipartisan bullshit.

Again, more than it already is.

SO HEY, YOU GOBSHITES WANNA TALK ELECTION 2K16?

YOU DO IT IN THIS THREAD AND THIS THREAD ALONE.

To prevent me from rambling, lemme bullet-point how this is gonna work:
  • WE'RE KEEPING THINGS LIGHT. NO BIG RANTS ABOUT HOW HILLARY'S A FUCKING LIZARDWOMAN AND/OR HOW TRUMP IS HITLER 2.0.
  • We're keeping shit civil, too. Discussions are cool, but if you start slinging insults about (or, given how you fuckers tend to work, passive-aggressive sniping) you will get spanked.
  • Any overtly rant-like/insulting/snipey posts will get edited by our lovely security team to be more user-friendly. We will insert butterflies, rainbows and other nice suggestions so you all maybe calm the fuck down or something. You'll know they've edited a post cos it'll be all red. Like the blood of our enemies.
  • Gary Johnson is my husbando. You can't have him. He's mine.
  • Seriously. Mine.

Hopefully that clears everything up about the purpose of this thread. Now go fucking kill each other.

Or don't, actually. I think that's why I got asked to write this.

[*]We're keeping shit civil, too. Discussions are cool, but if you start slinging insults about (or, given how you fuckers tend to work, passive-aggressive sniping) you will get spanked.

giphy.gif

Oh! Everyone does know how to check their ballot before going to the polls tomorrow, right? If not, go to google and type in 'What's my ballot' and punch in your address. We all know the presidential race, but people might not know the other races/referendums on the state level. At least you'll be able to do a bit of research before you head out.

Breaking News

Researchers on 'Reddit' have discovered trumps darkest secret to why he's a dick!! He's literally made out of 500 smaller dicks!

Posting the image is pushing it so just search "trump made out of dicks" and it's the first website for me, gotta love the internet ^~^

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I already voted by mail, so I'm done with this shit. 8)

image.jpg

Here we go. Election problem solved. @Grumpy

Since a few people here have mentioned their schools holding election day parties and the like (something my school is also doing), can I just say -- I seriously don't see the good that's supposed to come out of something like that. o_o"

Like, even on a good election year with reasonable candidates, an election day party would still -- at best -- end with the supporters of the losing candidate being disappointed and bitter about the outcome. And, like, it's politics, so it's not like everyone's just going to shake hands and say "good game" at the end of it all. Plus, like... it's politics. Things are going to be tense from the start, as that's the inevitable outcome of taking a bunch of people with differing political opinions and putting them in the same room together in a setting where everyone's completely focused on politics. Needless to say, that's especially true in this election in particular. So, all in all, I feel like an election day party would be, at best, just sort of mildly uncomfortable and unpleasant to engage in -- and, at worst, would result in furniture being lit on fire and thrown out the window.

Granted, I suppose that's not very different from what's happening in this thread here. Especially with it having been posted right before election day.

But, at least forum threads are easier to moderate, easier for individual members to walk away from, and won't result in any physical injury. o_o"""

I just need Gary to hold me tightly and whisper that the free market will solve everything.

I work at a market... nothing there is free, not even the bags (by law, we have to charge ten cents a bag in our county).

Since a few people here have mentioned their schools holding election day parties and the like (something my school is also doing), can I just say -- I seriously don't see the good that's supposed to come out of something like that. o_o"

Like, even on a good election year with reasonable candidates, an election day party would still -- at best -- end with the supporters of the losing candidate being disappointed and bitter about the outcome. And, like, it's politics, so it's not like everyone's just going to shake hands and say "good game" at the end of it all. Plus, like... it's politics. Things are going to be tense from the start, as that's the inevitable outcome of taking a bunch of people with differing political opinions and putting them in the same room together in a setting where everyone's completely focused on politics. Needless to say, that's especially true in this election in particular. So, all in all, I feel like an election day party would be, at best, just sort of mildly uncomfortable and unpleasant to engage in -- and, at worst, would result in furniture being lit on fire and thrown out the window.

Granted, I suppose that's not very different from what's happening in this thread here. Especially with it having been posted right before election day.

But, at least forum threads are easier to moderate, easier for individual members to walk away from, and won't result in any physical injury. o_o"""
This is why we need the wall.

WALL SOLVE EVERYTHING

I work at a market... nothing there is free, not even the bags (by law, we have to charge ten cents a bag in our county).
That is why mexico will pay for it!

Walls can be broken ^_^ *Points to Berlin*

Petition to re-name this thread 'Election Fuckhouse Containment Zone' Wonderful Nice Happy Place

You weren't being bad, I'm just spreading the love by acknowledging this post. ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is their a please give me two new candidates button on the ballot?

Status
Not open for further replies.