Ghosts!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very interesting...I keep reading what you've been saying and I think it's neat, I've done that experiment before btw. It gave me some pretty cool results.

Yeah, I know right? I actually heard a voice answering my questions. Freaked me out.

[edit] Heard a voice on the recording, not actually audible without listening to the tape

There could be someone, even another you, living in the same spot on parallel universe close in frequency to this one. Electronic hiccups between the two realities, or interference from an outside source could cause certain things happening in the alternate world to sometimes cross over. Kinda like when you hear another radio station coming in on the one you usually listen to due to weather.

And, there's some thing I've heard once saying that the electric signature of someone with a strong emotion, like anger or sadness, gets left behind.

This subject's not really my strong suite. :/

But those who devoutly believe in the paranormal say that if you acknowledge a ghost is there, by talking to it or showing you're afraid, it makes them stronger and more associated with you. Which, I mean, I wouldn't blame them. Imagine being invisible for years and years, and suddenly someone sees you, are starts talking to you. Of course you'd try to stick around them.

I enjoy the way you think Sir. It's of similar beliefs that I have. The ghost in my ghost only messes with me now, and that is because only I wish to acknowledge it's existence. Sometimes they appear though as a sign. Seeing my ex's great great grandmother was defiantly and eye opener, especially since she was dead before I met my ex and I was able to identify her from what I saw to the point both my ex and her mother new it could only be her. Again, I enjoy the way you think and agree with you quite well. Strong emotions will cause something to stay behind, or even if they have something to resolve or get attached to an object or person.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Once an ex girlfriend of mine told me I was too bull headed to be haunted. I told her of the occasional weird instances I've experienced here and there. From that she tells me that spirits or whatever want attention and since I'm too much of an asshole to give it they figure why bother? Would make sense as to why I never see them.

Speaking of evidence and what not, I read an article some time back about the difficulties of being a "ghost hunter". He spoke of the fact that there is little to no standardization for testing and fact finding, the equipment they use isn't designed for anything they're doing and are just using their best guesses, and on top of all that they had to worry charlatans, fame seekers, and businesses just wanting to increase their dollar intake. Let us not forget that most people in the science community, along with @Lady Sabine, want empirical evidence to prove that they exist or don't exist, so there's that, too.

Now I'm not speaking for or against the existence of ghosts, as my first paragraph says, I don't give a shit about it, really. Personally, I think the folks who believe should inject a little logic and science into their expeditions and findings. Make a standard that all studies can be backed against and stop letting ego get in the way of the truth. There might be ghosts, but we won't know that if every dumb ass goes around faking their findings just because they WANT it to be.

For those who don't believe I mostly just suggest keeping an open mind and not assuming that because you haven't seen it, it doesn't exists. It actually still surprises me that despite tales of learned folk denying what would later be proven to be true there still exists those who want to believe so firmly in science that thinking outside that seems weird and scary. Kind of like religion.

OR... you do whatever. I'm not your boss.

Well, I for one believe there is a direct correlation between seeing (or hearing or sensing or whatever) ghosts and believing in them. I am a giant skeptic; even if I saw something weird with my very own eyes, I'd probably look for scientific explanations first and only admit it was a supernatural phenomenon after ruling out every other possibility. It's probably not a big revelation when I say I have never seen anything even remotely close to a ghost, and I like exploring places like old, abandoned hospitals and factories. On the other hand, I have a lot of friends who claim to have seen ghosts in their new kitchen where nobody has ever died. They're usually dreamers, lovers of fantasy/anything supernatural. Coincidence? No, at least not in my opinion. I think that it's a wish fulfillment of sorts, even though likely subconscious; it's normal to be tired of everyday mundane life and desire something greater. Something fantastic and beyond our understanding like being contacted by a spirit. Human mind is capable of many wonderful things, including fooling its owner in spectacular ways.

And since I am a relatively open-minded skeptic, I also have another theory; perhaps I'm just too rooted in my rational reality to accept all the magic around me. Oh well.

Ya know, I could get all technical and debate about the existence of ghosts, but I won't. I'm just gonna say that I believe in the probability of ghosts and nothing more. If there's was evidence to say otherwise, I'd be okay with accepting it, as I like to stay as open minded as possible. But, quite frankly, I've experience to much crap to not believe in ghosts. Ya know, stuff like apparitions, things moving with out any explanation, strange noises, and feeling things on top of me when trying to sleep that aren't actually there... In fact, I'm pretty sure my room might be haunted by something. Others can believe what they want, but I just don't see how I deny such evidence when it's right in front of my face.

For those who don't believe I mostly just suggest keeping an open mind and not assuming that because you haven't seen it, it doesn't exists. It actually still surprises me that despite tales of learned folk denying what would later be proven to be true there still exists those who want to believe so firmly in science that thinking outside that seems weird and scary. Kind of like religion.

Would you mind giving an example of a scientific truth being widely denied by the scientific community after peer-reviewed study?
Excluding the platypus, I'm having difficulty recalling these "cautionary tales".

Status
Not open for further replies.