Getting ready for the day

Are you a morning person?

• I loooove mornings! Everyone should wake up bright and early to welcome the day! ^w^

• MORNINGS ARE EVIL AND SHOULD BE OUTLAWED.

• Meh, they're okay.

• I'm just here to press a button!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
How do the people of Iwaku prepare for their days, be it spending them on work, school, etc? Do you wake up early 5 or 6-ish, or even earlier, and prefer a brisk pace? Or do you like to start your day slow yet steady, and enjoy the mornings more? Or maybe even you wake up late for work or school and have to rush to get ready and run out the door~ :P

Share!

Reactions: Mari
> SCHOOL STARTS AT 9:00AM.

I WAKE UP AT 7:20 AND STAY IN BED WATCHING VIDEOS UNTIL 7:35, THEN I GO WASH MYSELF AND EAT WHATEVER IS ON THE TABLE TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AT 7:45, THEN I STAND IN THE HEAT/COLD UNTIL 7:50 WHEN THE BUS COMES. THEN I TAKE THE BUS AND SIT THERE/SLEEP UNTIL 8:18 WHERE I GET OFF.

I CROSS THE BLOODY ROAD AND BOARD MY SECOND BUS AT 8:28AM, THEN WALK A SHORT DISTANCE WHICH TAKES ME TO SCHOOL AT 8:45AM. THEN I SIT THERE AND CRY ABOUT MY LIFE UNTIL CLASS STARTS AT 8:55AM.

MORNINGS SUCK.

Oh, but Sundays I sleep in 'till about 11am.

As much as I praise the Sun... Mornings have no place in civilised society.

As much as I praise the Sun... Mornings have no place in civilised society.
heretic

The head of the Church of Gonzi should praise the Sun by watching the sunrise >:(

heretic

The head of the Church of Gonzi should praise the Sun by watching the sunrise >:(
I can praise just fine in the afternoon when it's in it's full glory.

Not a morning person. Want to meet a grumpy, sarcastic, hardly smiling and slightly potty mouthed Greenie? Meet me in the morning.

I defrost as the sun rises though so I don't hate mornings.

Reactions: Hana
I am not a morning person. My kids are not morning people. Weekdays in my house are a nightmare that often times ends in someone screaming their head off.

Don't hate mornings, but don't like them either usually. I spend most of them in a zombie-like, groggy fugue so I don't really feel the hate for them. xD Especially when up during school days and I wake up at 5-6 am to prepare. I take it as slow as I can depending on my morning schedule - and I spend 20-30 minutes under the shower just dazed. 8D

I perk up somewhat after breakfasting, but not much.

When I have no school (and right now I'm resting back at home because of reasons), I wake up around 7 or 8 am as the doctor told me to have approx. 8 hours of sleep. And I can't sleep until around 11 pm most of the time. When I wake up I just check messages, get what I can for breakfast (or make a 'healthy' protein shake), make coffee, and then shower.

Reactions: Greenie
I perk up somewhat after breakfasting, but not much.
Coffee is what I need, at least on a weekday. Even breakfast won't cut it v.v

I don't hate mornings and there is a certain sense of fulfillment from being up nice and early in the morning. Like the whole day is yours to watch bloom. Like a flower. That's my opinion after I've had my coffee, though. Before that, I'm zombie-ing along trying to put toothpaste on the wrong side of the brush at six thirty in the morning. I'm not grumpy, just basically useless until I've really woken up.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Hana
Weekday mornings I wake up between 4:30 and 5:30 (depending on what time I went to bed the night before) and drink a glass of water, then take the dog out, then feed him. Then I make lunch/snacks and then breakfast. The rest of my morning is pretty much a toss up actually. I tend to not really wake-up fully until after I workout. Which, if my schedule were to be believed should be around 9 am, but often doesn't happen until 10 or 11 am.

I actually hate mornings, and try not to verbalize anything until at least noon, but that doesn't always happen.

Mornings aren't so bad as long as I go to bed at a decent time, which rarely ever happens. My mom gets on me all the time for staying up late/sleeping in, and I honestly don't blame her for it, but she really needs to understand just how difficult it is for me to stay on a normal, consistent sleep schedule. I try, I really try, but there is just something about going to bed and waking up early I find inherently difficult on both a mental and physical level. It's like I'm permanently adapted to a time zone different from my own.

Reactions: Hana and Greenie
I wake up at about 7am each morning. Then I remember "Oh! I'm a guy who cat calls and shoots revolvers." Right? So my thoughts meander onto that for about an hour straight. I even do the hand revolver motion thing if I'm feeling good that morning. After that I eat eggs as always, shower, and then go to my college campus JUST so that I can speed walk up hills all day. It's a tuition free activity...I promise you.

My mornings are generally uneventful otherwise.

So at this point, no one likes mornings...? xD

Work Day:

6:30 Get up
6:45 Shower after making coffee
7:15 Breakfast
8-8:30 Work

Non-work day

6:30 Get up and realize that it's not a work day
7:45 get up for real
7:55 Coffee
8:00 Shower
rest: Skyrim, Iwaku and folding clothes or some other chore

I wake up around 10 as a husk of who I am. My personality doesn't appear until around noon. Mornings suck. I pretty much wake up, check messages, then shower, brush my teeth, and eventually "breakfast" which is usually leftovers from the night previous.

Luckily, my class schedule lets me wake up at 9:30 most mornings, so I just shower, dress, eat, and leave for class in that order.

Also I consume shittons of caffeine, but that's more me being addicted than anything else.

Waking up earlier than 9:00 should be outlawed.

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
Before I had a dog, I would wake up 20 minutes before class when I lived on Campus. Then when I moved off campus, I would wake up 30 minutes before class.

Then I got a dog, and had to wake up an hour before class and walk him around.

I generally awaken with the insistence of an alarm at approximately 05:30. I then stare blankly into the depths of the internet until 07:00 and prepare for a day at the office. Work commences on schedule and proceeds until it ceases.

I do not speak first thing in the morning. Since I moved out to my own place and got a real awesome job I don't have to worry about people trying to talk to me. I just kinda hum or grunt at people until I've been up for at least an hour.....Even then I usually take something cafinated to work and eat breakfast at my desk because I'm a lazy fuck and I get to work like 20 minutes early. Gives me time to ready my desk for punch in. I'm very timely you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.