Getting Pet's to eat Medication

Seriously? People still have this problem? Just cover the pill in a little bit of peanut butter and the dog will eat that shit right up.

Seriously? People still have this problem? Just cover the pill in a little bit of peanut butter and the dog will eat that shit right up.
Peanut butter doesn't always work. A dog will figure out about the pill and either not eat the peanut butter or eat the peanut butter and spit the pill out. It happens more than you would think.

What kind of dog? My husky has bad separation anxiety and I have to give him 3 pills every time I am going to leave him in his kennel

Gwazi said right in the OP that peanut butter isn't doing the job anymore.

Reading is fun.

reading-icarly.jpg

Like already pointed out, I said right in the OP that Peanut Butter wasn't working any more. :P
What kind of dog? My husky has bad separation anxiety and I have to give him 3 pills every time I am going to leave him in his kennel
Cockapoo.

That's a Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix for those unaware.

Ahh. Well my Husky won't eat Peanut Butter or cheese.

I take hot dogs, and cut them into small round pieces. Cut the pills into 4 different pieces. Then put it into the hot dog. I had to experiment with what size hot dog piece he didn't chew. I found a size that he just minimally chewed and swallowed. He takes them and occasionally spits the pill out if I get the size wrong, but then I can just try again with another piece of hot dog.

My parents have a pug that they give pills to, and they wrap the pills in cheese. Though you could also crush the pills, and then mix the powder into the peanut butter, so their is not actual object in it. SO the dog just eats the peanut butter and won't spit a pill out. That is if the dog still eats the peanut butter. Just a couple of different options.

The pill crushing can work with a lot of different foods as well.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Ok, so Mom just ended up giving the night pill. She broke it in half and stuck it inside some Pasta.
Rocky ate it right up. XD

(Figures the one day I ask for help on Iwaku is when the rest of the family starts beating me to it).

If Pasta ends up getting out dated though I might also try crushing the pill.
Though that'd probably take more peanut butter than the peanut butter and cheese thing. :P

Haha it happens. You are lucky, as your dog will eat pasta. My Husky only eats meat. So I am forced to use meat. lol