Game of Thrones S5 Trailer

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I googled the fates of most characters before I even started reading.

Now, before people start bitching at me:

-Brazen Beasts and the House of Black and White were the only things that got me interested.

-4th and 5th books were pretty devoid of action, so I'm wondering about some of the fighting we see here.

-I really want my Kingsmoot and Greyjoy story-line, but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing it this season, or at all. They will likely stick some stuff with Asha, but I bet they mull over most of the cool piratey stuff that goes down. That, or they just stick some known character in the plot of Victarion (inb4Bronn). This will be a shame, because all the things that happen with the Iron-born was one of the highlights of this part of the story, and they introduce some colorfull characters that I bet we never encounter (damp-hair, all those potential kings, Euron Crows-Eye, ect...

-Still no Strong Belwas? Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

-Again, it looks like there's gonna be no Lady Stoneheart. I don't mind, because Catelyn was literally my most hated character. But they are either saving her for the absolute last moment, or she's not a thing in this season again.

-I didn't see much Martell stuff in the trailer, I do hope that plot doesn't get pushed off to the side.

-Saw Jon and House Arryn featured a bit in this trailer, it looks like they might be livening up their story, I don't mind that at all.

-Still no mention or casting of Quentyn Martell, it looks like they will also be gliding over his story.

-Also, it looks like Jaime is gonna be in Dorne, rather than go off West. I kinda hate this, because they might try to shoe-horn him into another Kings-guard role down there rather than focus on him wrapping up the war.

-If they end up cutting Aegon and the Golden Company along with the Greyjoys, I'm gonna start murdering people.

Agreed on all counts.

Also, I enjoyed the Russian nesting doll of spoilers haha.

Jon Snow becomes leader of the Night's Watch and is stabbed by his comrades because they disagree with him.

Catelyn Stark comes back as a zombie and thinks Brienne is a traitor.

Both of those things happen at the end of the book.

Ya'll folks need literature.
I'm not gonna open those because there's no need to post them or ruin my own enjoyment of the series, but at the same time some of us, well, have parents that won't allow us to read said books. Even after hours and hours begging and pleading. And offering your own money to pay... *sigh* Or plenty of other reasons not to be able to read the books.

I'm not gonna open those because there's no need to post them or ruin my own enjoyment of the series, but at the same time some of us, well, have parents that won't allow us to read said books. Even after hours and hours begging and pleading. And offering your own money to pay... *sigh* Or plenty of other reasons not to be able to read the books.
Can't read the series. Title of khaleesi. Parental censorship.

What's not to love about spoilers?

Wait, you can watch the show? With nudity and gore. But reading the books is disallowed? Like HBO adds more sex, nudity, and violence into the show than the books.

Can't read the series. Title of khaleesi. Parental censorship.

What's not to love about spoilers?
I've just gained a sour taste of them because of past experience. Believe me, yours were tempting as hell, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it XD
Wait, you can watch the show? With nudity and gore. But reading the books is disallowed? Like HBO adds more sex, nudity, and violence into the show than the books.
That's the confusing and hilarious part, really. And they never even skip over the added gore and sex on the show, but I guess somehow words are worse? I don't understand it, but hey, my birthday is soon and they have at least caved to let me read the books once I'm 16. And they believed I had forgotten that deal 8D

Hey, parents can be dumb about today's things.

Mine took my sister to see Ted when it came out. She was fourteen at the time.

That lotion scene.

That's the confusing and hilarious part, really. And they never even skip over the added gore and sex on the show, but I guess somehow words are worse? I don't understand it, but hey, my birthday is soon and they have at least caved to let me read the books once I'm 16. And they believed I had forgotten that deal 8D
*Remembers the time my Mom legitimately thought games like GTA turned people into murderers*

Ah, good times. :3

Reactions: ElBell
Yeah, I googled the fates of most characters before I even started reading.

Now, before people start bitching at me:

-Brazen Beasts and the House of Black and White were the only things that got me interested.

-4th and 5th books were pretty devoid of action, so I'm wondering about some of the fighting we see here.

-I really want my Kingsmoot and Greyjoy story-line, but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing it this season, or at all. They will likely stick some stuff with Asha, but I bet they mull over most of the cool piratey stuff that goes down. That, or they just stick some known character in the plot of Victarion (inb4Bronn). This will be a shame, because all the things that happen with the Iron-born was one of the highlights of this part of the story, and they introduce some colorfull characters that I bet we never encounter (damp-hair, all those potential kings, Euron Crows-Eye, ect...

-Still no Strong Belwas? Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

-Again, it looks like there's gonna be no Lady Stoneheart. I don't mind, because Catelyn was literally my most hated character. But they are either saving her for the absolute last moment, or she's not a thing in this season again.

-I didn't see much Martell stuff in the trailer, I do hope that plot doesn't get pushed off to the side.

-Saw Jon and House Arryn featured a bit in this trailer, it looks like they might be livening up their story, I don't mind that at all.

-Still no mention or casting of Quentyn Martell, it looks like they will also be gliding over his story.

-Also, it looks like Jaime is gonna be in Dorne, rather than go off West. I kinda hate this, because they might try to shoe-horn him into another Kings-guard role down there rather than focus on him wrapping up the war.

-If they end up cutting Aegon and the Golden Company along with the Greyjoys, I'm gonna start murdering people.
I've been expecting them to not do the book version of the Greyjoys ever since I realized show Balon had lived quick a bit longer than his book self, but I'm still sad about it. I wanted the Kingsmoot and the awesome new characters. :<

I would have been okay with Lady Stoneheart happening even though I also hated Catelyn, but who cares really. I'm curious as to what they're going to be doing with Beric and the Brotherhood Without Banners if they don't off him via Lady Stoneheart creation.

Super hyped for what looks like more of the Vale being featured in the show than we saw in books 4 and 5. More Littlefinger, fuck yeah.

As for Quentyn, ehhh, dude was fucking useless. Like there was all sorts of build up, and then what happens? Fucker up and dies. Totally extraneous side plot, I'm okay with this cut.

I'm reserving judgment on the Jaime in Dorne thing. Could end up being awesome. He had some cool character moments by being out in the Riverlands working to end the war, but eh, they can manage similar things in Dorne I think. He was nothing like vital to that Riverlands stuff, nor was ending those conflicts vital to any other POV character's plot, so it could be fine.

If they cut Aegon I will probably lose all sense of where the fuck they're intending to go. I can understand or rationalize every other cut and potentially cut character (even the Greyjoys) so far, but Aegon? Dude seems like someone who's going to be pretty integral to major plot events leading up to the end. I could be in for a huge surprise, sure, but I would be far less surprised to see Tyrion, the guy with the strongest plot armor in the series so far, die than I would be to see no Aegon in the show.

Oh, also, the thing I'm most hyped about is Arya learning the art of the Faceless Men. Good times.

Eh, one of the first movies I remember seeing was Platoon but my dad forbid the words "shut-up" and "suck" in our house-hold.

Now, I would for sure be down with more Beric Dondarrion.

^ If the blue haired boy is cut, GoT is headed somewhere strange.

Having looked at casting for the new season and the characters the new actors are portraying, I'm extremely disappointed at the total lack of Ironborn. I think the producers forgot that the Iron Islands exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like that's only 10 weeks to go till I have to start avoiding all social contact until I can marathon this thing.

Having looked at casting for the new season and the characters the new actors are portraying, I'm extremely disappointed at the total lack of Ironborn. I think the producers forgot that the Iron Islands exist.
well, like in westeros, no one actually wants the iron islands

so there is at least symmetry

Who gave David Bowie ketamine?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they will be cutting most of the story-line for them, so it's possible we will never see bad-ass pirates more than what we have already seen.

ish comin'

drogon's angsty teenage years ish comin'

haz mani hookers at dis parti cos ish so hawt.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: E.T.
What's everyone's favourite scene in the show so far?

I remember grinning ear to ear when Stannis' army arrived at the Wildling camp. The aerial view of his charging cavalry pouring into the forest was epic.

The entire chicken scene with the Hound and Arya, or the Mountain vs. Oberyn, both really great scenes from this season.

I also really enjoyed the entire episode on the Wall.

Overall? Some of my favorite scenes have been.

-The confrontation between Stannis and Renly.
-"The King in the North!"
-Theon's "what is dead may never die!" scene.
-Pretty much all of the Battle of Blackwater Bay.
-Anything that shows the Unsullied as a whole unit.

But #1 goes to:

Reactions: ElBell
Favorite scene is when bronn kills most of stannis' fleet in one shot and earned a billion exp

Status
Not open for further replies.