Galleon of the Black Mast [COMPLETED RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Galleon of the Black Mast

Things were pretty much okay now, Armand wasn't acting crazier than usual, Eben was still alive, Anabel was healing up, and Amilio's father was alive. After the commotion settled down Amilio spent as much time as he could with his father. He started teaching him the necessary carpentry skills to maintain a ship but for now more hands were needed for rigging so they didn't really get a whole lot of time to talk. But today they probably would. Amilio still hadn't told the Captain about his father, he hoped he hadn't noticed. Or notice him right now as they followed him to the pub.

Armand emerged from the bowels of the ship with CLaudius 9Lives, his tricorn leather hat polished and a gaudy Metal pin of an achor latched onto the left side of it. He wore a newly patched Grey Coat of a gentleman, and on his shoulder there was a new device. Metal pauldron of silvery armor with a cross on it, and a matchign on tattooed to hsi demon infested arm, which he had painstakingly hidden with bandages and a glove.

The plan was simple. Hide the captain by makign sure Armand, the least known of the crew, was the most conspicuous. Lowly Nobility from far oway and his Troupe of travelign companions. Of course keeping the group with the captain to a minimum also ensured their safety, and Armadn was difinitively not the most noticabel person, even in his outfit as it was. And for the first tiem in a long time, he had nothing to say as he walked next to His captain to the pub.

Attachments

• Repentantarmand02.PNG
    Repentantarmand02.PNG
    47.9 KB · Views: 6

The sea breeze wafted in salty sweet air. Links stared at the western continent and the town of West Hambrook. Links knew the town well...He had done his research on the TPPF, and one TPPF officer, an Admiral by the name of Leon Regal, responsible for his father's death, had a permanent residence here. Compared to the past few days on this cursed ship, the sight of a naval base never looked sweeter.

Links waited patiently as arrangements were made at the dock. Some hefty bribes were thrown out to insure the crew's identity remained hidden, Links was grateful. He didn't like wandering about the town, trying to hide his face...though after this visit, he would most likely never want to visit this town again...

After preparations, the crew was free to leave ship. The town of West Hambrook was splendid, aside from the outermost layer. There were some very wealthy people living in this town, a thief's playground. But there was a more important task at hand. Links aimed to kill the Admiral.

"Oi! Scarlet! Mind joining me at th' pub? I've something I'd like to discuss wif you." Links' gears were turning now. He looked around the ship and noticed Kael, a clergyman of sorts, or so Links assumed. He had met Kael briefly on the ship after leaving the Island. "Ah, Kael! If ya don' mind, would you join us too?" Links would then follow the captain towards the pub.

The cobblestone road paved the way from the dock. The cobblestone quickly turned to dirt as they headed towards the "slums" area of the town that housed the pub. It was good to be in this part of town, especially with this fairly large group. There wasn't much inconspicuous about this ragtag bunch of pirates wearing shoddy disguises.

Upon arriving at the pub, there could be heard the drunken ramblings of the typical bar patrons, a few barmaids scraping for a good tip, and the bartender hollering at the penniless bums who wanted free drinks...sounded like music to Links' ears.

9Lives led the group into the pub. Links would sit at the biggest table in the place and wait for everyone else to have a seat before he started talking.

"Ahem...Now, I know I 'aven't been wif th' crew for long, an' I understand if ya decline, but I wanna ask a favor of me crew mates. There's a man by the name o' Leon Regal, an upper class fellah and Admiral o' the TPPF. He's partly responsible for my father's death an' he lives right 'ere in this town. He deserves t'die as punishment for his sins!" Links slammed his fist down on the table with the previous remark. "An' I wanna be the one who brings him to justice to avenge my father...But we'd need a plan...one tha' doesn't draw unwanted attention to th' crew." Links looked around at anyone who might have sat down with him. "So, if anyone'd care to join me in plottin' this fool's demise, speak now an' we'll carry our business elsewhere as to not bother the Cap'n, cause I'm sure he has better things to do. This is simply a personal request, as a crew mate."

Links awaited a response from anyone. He really hoped that the clerical fellow would join him. He was probably the only one of the group that could get inside information from the navy. Links had already started thinking about what this plan would involve, but he needed a head count to finalize anything.

Longing brown eyes roved over the dress that the other female pirate had donned, eyeing the details as though appraising. The skirts in particular caught her gaze and Tradewind looked over ever ruffles, each flounce of the fabric. Enviously, she traced the gently curved figure in the dress before dropping her eyes down to her own feet, which were clad in leather. While she knew it was her own fault for cutting her hair so short when she decided to become a pirate, it still made Tradewind a little regretful that she would be in the guise of a male for the outing on the town. If they were disguising themselves as respectable citizens so as not to be captured, she wouldn't fit well with the image of a proper lady.

With her flamboyant hat pulled low over her eyes, Tradewind thought that she was ready to go to the pub. Her chest had been bandaged for the time being, flattening what little there was to mark her a girl. The rest of her outfit matched the men, which was ordinarily to her liking, but she felt a little sad that she was not one of the girls, not today. This jealousy, she knew, was silly but that did not stop it from simmering a little in her chest.

It was a little exciting to be out with the captain on the town, she couldn't deny that, and there was a certain pride to the fact that he had asked her to come along. With all the men that they had lost on their little adventure, though, it was clear that this stop was to gather more men for the ship. While they were walking to the pub, Tradewind in tow and happily admiring the stores and houses, she happened to turn her head just right and saw her old first mate, dressed with a hat slung low over his eye to conceal a telling scar.

Excited, Tradewind opened her mouth the call him but she realized that she was lagging behind the group. Putting the two together, Kaija was struck with an idea and she hurried after the captain to tell him about the presence of old friends in the town. These were men who would happily jump ships, she was sure, to sail with their old captain. Unfortunately, she was aware that such talk was better suited to a quiet table in the pub than out on the street. Eyes aglow, she couldn't wait to tell the captain her news once they'd sat down.

Before she could speak, however, the newer member launched into a discourse about finding something or something like that and killing them. Tradewind pouted a little bit but quickly swallowed her expression with some ale

Scarlet was reluctant to leave the ship, as she always was when they had to enter a town. Communicating with townsfolk was not one of her greater strength. Scar didn't understand them very well, since she had been a pirate her entire life, as far as she knew. Life as a child was a blur, and there was no living source to tell her about those days.

Links requested her company, though. Plus, her Captain was leaving the ship as well. Wherever he went, she would be as well. Scarlet would follow that old man to Hell if he asked her to. So, quietly, she traveled with the group, her arms folded behind her back while she went onward with a professional sort of gait. The uncertainty she felt for being here was hidden beneath a stoic mask.

When she and the others gathered with Links for this proposition of his, she listened closely. This pursuit for vengeance was understandable. Scarlet could empathize in different ways. 9Lives was almost like a father to her. Should anyone slay him, she would deliver the most painful death to his killer; the most painful one she could imagine. Not to mention, Links was her friend. While he might not have been around too long, she was quite fond of him and he was a fellow crew mate still. They all needed to look out for one another, no matter what the goals were.

"Whateva I can do ta help, lad. I c'n be of service," she volunteered coolly, rolling her shoulders back. "Still gotta keep me eye on ye, y'know?

A smile broke her emotionless expression then, and she winked at him. With that said, she turned her head to look to her Captain, who she was concerned about. The poor man had gone through a lot these past days. Tenderly, she set her hand on his arm and gave it an affectionate squeeze, then put that hand in a pocket of her coat. That gesture was her silent way of saying she was prepared to do whatever he'd have her do, as always, even if that meant declining Links' requests.

Kael had been on the ship and kept to himself most of the time. He was like a fish out of water - A Paladin amongst Pirates. He had been forced to ask for passage on their ship after the inhabitants of the island all turned into demons. If he had stayed there, he would've perished. However, the longer he spent thinking of things, Kael thought of how his church had posted him on the island for almost a year without any contact. Perhaps it was their way of telling Kael that he was no longer wanted, no longer needed? These thoughts threw him into a slump for a while, even whilst a man on the ship was a victim of a demonic attack.

"I will." Was all Kael said in reply to Links' invitation to join him and the pub, and he closed the Bible that he had been holding in his hands and returned it to it's strap at the back of his waist. Rising up from the barrel he had been sitting on in a corner of the ship, Kael marched off after the pirate and down the ramp, into the island.

Kael had been the only one looking less inconspicuous than the others, from the way his armour was more finely made. Even though he had covered it with a canvas cloak he had picked up on the ship, the wind still blew by and revealed pieces of armour here and there - The warhammer that he had strapped to his back too, was not something an ordinary person carried. Entering the pub, he lagged at the very back of the group and waited for all of them to sit down before he did too.

Listening to Links' plans, Kael pondered for a moment before he decided whether he should join in. Yes, yes he should. These Naval men were corrupt, and this one in particular had sinned - Kael punished sinners. Furthermore, it was only right for him to repay them in terms of help. After all, they had allowed him on their ship without even questioning anything. With the hood of the cloak still drawn over his face, and the position he sat in hiding his face mostly in shadows, Kael's low voice rumbled.

"I will. The clergy and the navy are occasional partners. They know me. They will let me in."

Amilio found a table for him and his father a couple tables away from most of the other crew and kept them within his field of vision. He ordered drinks for the both of them, Augusto watching his son the whole time as they waited. Amilio felt the gaze he opened his mouth to say something and got interrupted by Link's fist banging on the table. Pausing, Amilio felt the pull of action calling to him, telling him to get in on this plot. Then he remembered. He remembered what he gave up so he could sit at a table with his father, it hardly seemed real yet here he was. The bar maid had come and brought two drinks and set them before Amilio. He slid his father's drink across the table to him and tapped their mugs together before drinking. Augusto put his mug down first, eyes on Amilio "Tell me, my son, what has happened?" Since I died. Amilio knew that's what he meant.

He began by confessing that he had been watching his father go duel and witnessed the duke killing him and ran home to tel his family the news. With some shame he told his father how he failed to kill the duke, despite being forbidden from attempting to do so. As a result of his assault on the duke he had to flee and left their family behind and ended up with 9Lives and his crew. It had been hard for him to admit his failure, to have to recall it again yet he felt good about letting his father know that he had tried. "You should have listened to your mother." Augusto said after a while. He saw the spark of defiance in Amilio's eye, his son becoming irritated. "But" he said with a smile "you are my son." Amilio cracked a smirk and exhaled the heat of his emotion, clinking mugs with his father again before draining the rest of his drink and calling for another.

Her slender throat moved as she swallowed still walking through the streets of the city aimlessly. She wasn't sure where she wanted to go at the moment, she was just happy to be walking on solid ground for a while. Anabel was enjoying glancing around and watching the people around her, though she had to keep herself from fidgeting with her dress. Spotting a few of her crewmates walking into a pub she walked slowly past it, glancing in through the front windows. They must be planning something important, deciding that she would much rather wait until everyone boarded the ship again to discuss anything with anyone she began walking back towards the docks. She was too paranoid to discuss anything important while in a crowded pub. Anabel had always been overly paranoid about thinking that people were either spying on her or following her. Even as a young child while walking through the streets of the small village she lived in she had glanced over her shoulder constantly. Her father had told her she had imagined the men, but she didn't believe him when she still saw them at the brothel. Glancing over her shoulder now a shudder ran through her body as she thought she saw them again.

Slender legs moved quicker under her skirts as she picked up speed, wanting to get to the docks and back to the ship faster than ever now. Swallowing again her breathing became quick as she raced towards the docks; they were just within her sight now. Tripping over a random pebble, Anabel stumbled grabbing her skirts and almost dropping her bag. "Oh bloody hell." She mumbled under breath yanking on the skirts while fighting with them. This was exactly why she hated dresses, always getting in the way. Yanking on them one last time she managed to straighten them out and quickly hurried towards the ship. Her eyes were wild with fear as she practically ran up the plank and onto the deck of the ship. Stopping she was breathing heavily as she turned to stare back out at the streets of the city, there wasn't anyone out there anymore. Shaking her head roughly Anabel walked below decks to her small room. Stashing the fruits and other various treats she got for herself Anabel hurriedly stripped out of the dress and corset. Taking a deep breath she enjoyed being able to breathe freely for a moment before putting on a long sleeved white shirt and breeches. Wiggling her toes for a moment as she sat on the side of her bed she stared down at the ground where the bag was.

She wasn't sure if she really wanted to look inside the book the old woman had given her, she hadn't practiced in a long time. Chewing on her bottom lip Anabel contemplated whether or not she should get the book out. Light blue eyes looked like storm clouds as she continued thinking as to what to do while she pulled on her boots. Remembering that they were in a city port she stashed away hidden knives and daggers hiding within her clothing and boots. Standing up Anabel began to pace back and forth within the small confines of her room, juggling ideas through her mind as she paced. Finally deciding that she would read the book she pulled the small leather bound book from the bag, avoiding the other things within its confines. Turning it over in her hands she ran her thumb over the engraved pentagram on the cover. Silent tears ran down her cheeks as she thought of how she never got a chance to learn the craft from her own mother, she had to learn on her own. Wiping the tears away from her cheeks Anabel opened the cover slowly, old brown paper crinkled as she turned the pages gently.

Reading the words on the pages Anabel absorbed everything, she didn't know how long she sat there, reading the book until finally she turned the last page and closed the book. Sighing she stretched her neck, hearing the cracks and pops before standing up and stashing the book beneath her pillow. Walking out of her room Anabel was had one thing in mind; she needed to find the warrior. She remembered how he had asked for passage on their ship while in the midst of battle. Remembering that she had seen him in the pub back in town she paused glancing around her before everything around her melted away and she felt as though she was surrounded by a thick fog, an hourglass with blood dripping away slowly. She shivered shaking her head glancing up at the sky as flags on ships began to whip back and forth violently; the wind blew her hair around her face like small whips smacking her randomly. Dark clouds were rolling across the sky, darkening the already dreary day. A storm was coming in more than one way, Anabel turned on her heel and went back to her room to begin reading herself for the demons the crew would have to face, even it was their selves.

Links nodded at Kael and grinned at Scar. He was glad that Kael wanted to help, and he was especially happy to have Scarlet on board. Three people should be enough to put some sort of plan into action.

Links stood up and motioned for the two to follow him to a different table, as to not disturb the others. He found an open table in the corner of the bar. Normally it only sat two people, but Links pulled up another stool so everyone would have a seat. Links waited for the two to sit before he took his seat.

"I'm glad to have ya both aboard. This means a lot to me and I'll forever be in your debt." Links smiled at the two. "Now, down to business." His smile turned serious in an instant. "First and foremost, Kael, I'd like ta ask ya ta gather detailed information on the city's layout and the Admiral's mansion. If ya can get blueprints, a map, even an address, tha' would be great. If there is any other information tha' you think might be important, feel free to try and obtain it." Links scratched his head and laughed under his breath.

"Guess that's as far as I've gotten on this 'plan', heh. We need to find a way into the Admiral's home...possible B&E or something a little sneakier...We also need to find a quite, quick and easy method of..." Links looked around real quick. " 'Punishment', if you will."

He glanced back and forth between Scar and Kael until eventually resting his eyes on Scar. "Any suggestions? I was hoping for a more stealthy entry, to be honest." An mischievous grin crossed Links face. This grin was easily readable. It clearly said "I want to steal something to remember this moment."

Anabel had wondered back into her room to close the door tightly behind her. Staring at it for a moment she drew a rune upon the wood with her finger, the air shimmered for a moment before it settled back into place. She turned on her heel to stare at her room silently for a moment before reaching into the bag and retrieving a bottle of dried sea salt. Placing the bottle in the middle of the floor she went back to the bag and grabbed a red candle setting it in the direction of South. Grabbing a blue candle she set it in the direction of West. The green candle went in the Northern point, while a white candle went in the Eastern point. The candles had created a circle and she smiled at her ability to remember it all so well. Grabbing the salt she began to clockwise around the candles in a circle. As Anabel walked she sprinkled the salt on the ground while speaking softly. "The East, the Air The sylphs, the wind Positive forces, I call you in. The South, the Fire, Spirits of the flames, my kin, Positive forces, I call you in. The West, the Waters, The undines, the seas, Positive forces, Please come to me. The North, the Earth, The plants, the gnomes, I call to the positive forces Within the loam! And back to East again. As above, so below. This circle is cast." Walking up to each candle she lit them until flames danced upon each wick. Sitting down in the middle of circle she had pulled the bag into it as well and reached inside. Grabbing a simple silver bowl with Celtic knots carved into it she placed it on the ground in front of her. Grabbing vials and herbs from within the bag she began placing them within the bowl while humming to herself again.

Anabel finished adding the ingredients for the potion and smiled softly. The words to the spell appeared in her mind as she began to speak softly in Gaelic. "With thy blood I bind thee evil, with thy blood I bind thee evil. Thy ancestors aid me in this battle against this evil that threatens to intrude on my home and family. So mote it be." The words were simple, but spells need not be complicated. The ingredients in the potion would be what made it worked. Holding her hand above the bowl she held a black blade within the other. Pressing the obsidian blade against her skin she cut it, until blood began to drip and trickle into the bowl. As the red liquid hit the ingredients they began to sizzle and pop, smoke billowing up into the air and surrounding her body, caressing her skin gently. The spell had worked. Swallowing she bought the palm of her hand to her mouth and licked the wound gently until it stopped bleeding and wiped it on her pants before standing. Staring down at the bowl she noticed that it had turned into a deep red potion that smelled like blood. Pouring it slowly into a vial she pushed the cork into it and stuffed it into her belt. Gathering the extra ingredients and placing them back within the bag she glanced around remembering that she would have to dismiss the circle. Clearing her throat she went around blowing out each candle and speaking softly. "The North, te gnomes, The plants, the Earth, I thank thee for attending this magical birth. The Waters the undine, The seas, the West, I thank thee for being here To bring about the best. The South, the spirits, The flames, the Fire, I thank thee for thy help In attaining my desires. The East, the wind, The sylphs, the Air, I thank thee all For being here. And back to North again. The circle is open, but unbroken. So mote it be."

Anabel bent to retrieve the candles from the ground and check the wax to make sure it had cooled enough for her to put them away. Pushing her hair out of her face she straightened and stretched slowly. She had become hungry after doing the spell. She could hear as her stomach complained about not having any food inside of it. She smiled and patted it gently before striding out of her room and waving the air in front of her door to dismiss the rune. Walking slowly throughout the boat she began searching for Groggy. She was wondering if the woman could whip her up something to eat quickly before the others returned and it turned into an all-out fight over who was going to get what. Shaking her head gently Anabel decided to go above deck and enjoy the fresh air, though to her it didn't seem like fresh air unless they were out to sea. She actually missed the way the ship moved as they glided through the water towards their next destination. Her blood sang with movement as her muscles itched to be pushed. When the others returned she would corner them into speaking with her about that bloody hour glass, literally. She shook her head again leaning against the railing and staring at the port for a moment before her gaze was caught by the sky. The clouds were growing more and more by the minute, she wondered if it would rain soon. Her mind was jumbled as she stood, attempting to relax and collect her thoughts, but she was worried, actually she was outright terrified of what would happen next. She could feel a headache coming on as her mind raced with thoughts of worry for her crewmates, what the future would hold for all of them, and how was Armand doing? Dark blue eyes appeared solemn and sad as blonde tendrils whipped around her shoulders from the force of the wind of the approaching storm. Goosebumps had appeared on her skin as she stood out on the deck, glancing down at her skin she knew that the time would be soon. But, would it be soon enough?

An amused smirk showed on her face as Links smiled at her with that mischievous smile of his. She had no strict morals when it came to theft. Scarlet herself had robbed many people, shops, ships and more of their belongings. Paired with Links, they'd surely be able to capture something worthwhile. He could be the thief and she could be the distraction, she figured. If not that, she'd be reliable backup. Scar was confident in the idea that he was much stealthier than she was.

"We'll figger out th'best way ta enter, an' I'll follow close b'hind ye. If thar be any trouble, don' look back! Keep goin' 'till yeh got yer treasure. Undastood? B'cause I c'n handle meself against any who try an' stop us."

A laugh rumbled in her throat as she pat her side, where her cutlass was. She was excited to get down to business. Harassing this Admiral sounded fun and she was very interested in seeing Links in action. This was different from a battlefield, after all. The grounds they walked on were his specialty!

"Ye've got a good plan. We'll add more as we go along, methinks. We pirates are known ta not plan too far ahead." Scar grinned proudly after that statement.

There was nothing more to add just yet. Scarlet needed to learn more about the structure they were entering before making any entrance suggestions. That was up to Kael, it looked like. So, patiently and quietly, she waited on what their next move would be.

A flash of red ran through Armand's Mind, causing him to pause for a moment and look around.

"the shadows.. they still call me.. why?" he said to himself looking around. something was bothering him.

"Lo siento capitan.. i.. must be going now..." he said. leaving 9lives and his small entourage to return to the ship, where he found annabelle.

" I need to talk to you." he said in his lilting spanish accent. He looked troubled.

"THere is an island off the coast here. i saw it as we passed. somesing about it hass been eating at me... I.. I'd like your help." he said rather painfully.

"But.. i don't think i gave you an apology for.. for what happened earlier." he added, looking away from her.

Anabel had been preoccupied in thought but Armand had snapped her out of it as he approached her. Turning her head to stare at him her eyes clouded with worry for the man. He looked troubled again, she knew the shadows would plague him for a long time, he had been connected with them; they had a taste of him and they wanted more. Blonde locks whipped around as she nodded solemnly and touched his arm gently telling him to stand with her. "Aye, what do ya need my help with?" She said softly turning to stare back at the port for a moment before looking out at the sea. She could feel the storm brewing and knew it in her soul that it would bring change for many of the crew. Glancing back over at Armand she raised her delicate eyebrows for a moment as he mentioned an island; she had noticed it but hadn't given it much thought though. She wasn't one to go out looking for adventure, 'What are you kidding yourself Anabel? You became a pirate for shits sake." Her conscious chastised her as she thought to herself about helping him. Nodding again she kept listening as he spoke. She heard him mention about never apologizing to her about what had happened.

Reaching out slowly she touched his arm again before moving her hand to his chin to make him look at her. Staring deep into his eyes with her own deep blue ones Anabel began speaking softly. "Armand, ye do not have ta apologize ta me. I understand what was going on, ya did'na have control at tha time. Don't feel bad. Okay? I forgive ya." She moved her arms to wrap around Armands torso gently hugging him before pulling away and smiling brightly at him ignoring her other worries for the moment. "Lemme leave this vile in tha captains quarters and we can leave for this island." She winked before striding towards 9Lives quarters leaving the vile with guard and instructing him to give it to the captain as soon as he saw him. Turning on her heel she stopped by her room to grab her gun stuffing it into her belt and grabbing her bag of fruit, she figured they might end up camping out at the island so she thought that some food might do them some good. Going back above deck she glided back towards Armand and smiled brightly again putting her arm out to link it with his she turned to look at him again before speaking. "Let's get going shall we?" Her voice was filled with enthusiasm; she knew that anything she did with Armand would be rather interesting.

Fenris stood at the middle of the top deck checking everybody who was left on the ship's work. "Work out those stains, clean that deck properly you swine." he could be heard saying from time to time. He walked up to a ship mate cleaning the railings of the boat, "You blimey scurvy ridden dog that is not how you polish a ship railing." He yelled at the man who was easily taller and bigger than Fenris. Fenris proceeded to kick the man over the deck and yell at him, "Get your arse back up here and do your work right, I want this ship in tip top condition for the captain when he gets back." He noticed the men cleaning barnacles of the ships underside and flanks, "Be sure to get them all off mateys." Fenris turned around and walked back to the middle of the deck.

"So what you are suggesting, is that there is a traitor in my estate?"

The Admiral's back faced Kael, looking out of the large window behind his seat, the wind blowing through his neatly cropped hair and his hands clasped patiently behind his back. He was dressed in an immaculate navy uniform, ironed down smoothly with no loose threads or any sign of any lack of grooming. On his chest was a large amount of badges - Even for an Admiral of the Navy, a sign of how good this man was and how valued he was. And Kael was going to get him killed.

After seeing the pirates fight on the island, Kael was sure that there wasn't any proper millitary force that could stop them unless they outnumbered them five to one. Furthermore, he was sure that they would fight to their last breath to defend their friends and their entire crew - Such was the camaraderie of piracy.

Getting into the compound of the Admiral's estate had been an easy matter - The Millitary and the Clergy worked closely, for the Millitary provided more power for the Clergy to achieve their own goals, and the Clergy provided morale and a rationale for the millitary. Any pious man who believed in God would join the millitary, if the Clergy supported them. All he had to do was announced his name, and his title as the Omniknight, and boom. He was let into the compound and allowed to meet the Admiral.

"Yes, Admiral. But I have a plan."

"What plan?"

"I'd rather not say it here. For as they say, walls have ears."

Kael tilted his head to one side, the Admiral slowly considering the weight of the words that Kael said.

"Alright. What do you need?"

"A map of your compound, and basically guard schedules, and etcetera. Trust me on this, Admiral. The Clergy are trying as hard as they can to weed out the traitor - All we need is your cooperation." Kael stood up and placed a reassuring hand on the Admiral's shoulder, and he could feel the Admiral's torso heave and sink from each breath that he took. He knew this was a hard pill to digest, to have a traitor in his estate, of all places but Kael knew that there was none.

After all, Kael was merely helping Links avenge his own father, as payment to the 'debt' he owed the crew for letting him escape from their ship. Whilst on the ship he had kept to himself and thought - No, he wasn't going to be enslaved to the Clergy once more. This was the last thing he was going to do for the pirate crew, of course. Morals gathered over the course of decades don't erode away in a week - What Kael was going to do is leave the information to links and then, just leave.

Vanish.

"It's a hard decision to make, Kael. But I know what you do, and I know what you've done. I trust that you know what you're doing. You realize the information I am about to give you is .. Sensitive, right? After all, anyone with this information can easily enter the compound and .." the Admiral's voice trailed off, and he made a face at Kael - This wasn't a man who thought himself invisible.

Minutes later, Kael had the papers containing the information they needed all rolled up in his hand, and then he stowed them into his belt before he left the compound without another word. He felt guilt, sure, but he knew that he would feel even more guilt if he had left his debt unrepaid. He walked through the streets of the town, back to the pub where they had been talking about the plans.

Kael sat in a quiet corner of the inn.

Just meet Links, and it will all be over.

He will vanish.

Links was in the Pub when Kael entered. He looked over at Scar and smiled. "Let's see wot our clergy friend scrounged up, eh?" Links approached Kael as he sat down. "Wot did ya find out? Anyfin useful?" Links spotted the rolled up papers on Kael's belt. "Ah, ya didn't 'ave those 'afore. Might I take a peek?" Links smiled at the clergyman and pointed at the papers. He could only hope that they would provide some useful information. He wanted this job to go over as smoothly as possible.

"The blueprints, and guard schedule and who's on the job etcetera, Links." Kael removed the scroll from his belt and thrust it into Links' hands. He wanted this to be over and done with as fast as possible. Once he passed the scroll over to Links, he nodded his head and turned around, walking out of the inn. As soon as he exited onto the street, Kael drew his cloak around himself further and then melded into the crowd. The plan was too buy a horse, and then get far, far away from here.

It would take a trained eye to separate the black cloud that hovered over the cutlass from the storm clouds that slowly moved in from the north. A cold wind was blowing, very unlike the warm humidity of the south seas. However, the blackness that circled the cursed ship was not a rain cloud, it was the curse that would follow them all to their deaths unless broken.

About the same time plans of murder were being hatched in the tavern of West Hambrook, Eben lay in the Cutlass' medical bay shrouded in a thick blanket of pain. His will to live, although faint, edged in the fore front of his consciousness. His memories of the events leading to his injuries were hazy, but he was sure of one thing: He had put his life on the line for the Captain, for a treasure and for the crew. This thought kept him going, and would be the deciding factor in his recovery.

Captain Claudius 9lives sat in the back of the pub, separate from where Links plotted revenge. 9lives, although strongly opposed to the anti pirate fellows who wished to see them all hanged, felt indifferent at the moment. His thoughts were thick with worry, concerned and frustrated with the recent slaughter of his crew. If they were to live, to sail another day, replenishing the crew would be first and foremost. This responsibility, 9Lives knew, was his responsibility.

He downed the last of his ale, at the same time signaling for Tradewind and Tabby to join him. His interest was more focused on Tradewind, but he knew that the Princess of Helsink would hold heavy sway over commoners and seafaring folk alike. He had heard rumors of The ex crew that once pledged servitude to the female captain holding up in West Hambrook. 9Lives wondered if their respect to her was still strong, however wondered isn't the right word….9Lives prayed.

He didn't come right out and ask the question, but rather felt her out. As a captain, and 9Lives was sure Tradewind could relate, it was important to never put yourself in the position to beg. It showed weakness.

"We are in dire need of a crew, I fear that our lives depend on it."

Links simply nodded and grinned at the clergyman as he handed Links the prints. "This'll do right nice." He turned and walked back to his table to begin plotting.

"Hmm...let's see...guard duty...guard duty...looks like there are only three guards on duty a' 4am. In between shifts, i suppose. Look's like tha'll be a good time to make our move." Links pulled out the blueprints of the compound next. "'eres the hard part. What can we use as a good point of entry..." Links scoured the map, learning every nook and cranny of the compound, he would need to know his way around. He didn't bother telling Scar what he was doing, he trusted her abilities and hopped that she'd be doing the same.

"Aha! 'ere we are. A service garage for 'is precious carriage. There's an old exhaust pipe that rests beside th' forge in tha' shop. Sure enough we could bust out of the vent and make our way through th' compound. Look's like the exhaust pipe ends at the shore just outside town, not too far from 'ere. It's gonna be a tight fit, though. Th' pipe is about four and a half feet in diameter a' th' beginning and then goes down to four feet later." Links didn't have trouble with somewhat small spaces. "this will be advantageous when we have ta climb though...yes...this all works out quite well..." Links was more than pleased with how easy this plan seemed.

"Once we're inside, Scar, I'd like ya to be on guard duty. I don't care what ya gotta do to keep the three guards at bay, but if I arouse suspicion, it's up to you to keep me out of hot water. I'm trustin ya with my back. Once I finish what I need to, We'll exit the same way we came in. Feel free to take anything ya want, I don't care what loot ya walk outta there with, I know I'm nabbin somethin." Links grinned at Scar.

"Wot do you think? Any suggestions? Remember, your hide is at risk 'ere too! Haha!" Links laughed and patted Scar on the back at the true, yet joking, remark.

Listening to the talk had been making Tradewind edgy, mostly because she had no real interest in an assassination no matter who it was for or why it was. She was no mercenary and she'd prefer her enemies to at least know what was going on when she chose to kill them. Perhaps not the wisest route, but it seemed like mistrust on one's abilities to need to surreptitiously murder a man without his having any idea. For this reason, she'd been keeping quiet and sipping her ale. The fidgeting was due to something else, however. Knowing her old crew, Tradewind didn't have much confidence that they would be in town for very long and if that was the case, she'd like to see them before they left the port.

Her thoughts on the subject seemed to have been hanging in the very air around her, for it was then that the captain motioned for her and for Tabby to go over to where he sat down. Without hesitation, Tradewind picked up her mug and sat across from him. She didn't have to wait long before he breached the subject, that of the need for a crew. Though he'd not ask, not that she would have either, Tradewind could see where he was going with his question. Of all of the members of the crew who would have knowledge of another group of people that could be recruited, she was a good candidate and luckily, they'd not have to scour the seas for them. That is, if they hurried and caught them before they left.

"Aye, captain. I was just thinking that I've been missing some of my trusty old crew meself. I was going to ask your permission if I couldn't get them to join your crew, if you had room enough to board them. Since we lost so many men, I thought it likely that you'd have the space. I saw my old first mate near the docks, if you'd be so kind as to come with me. And yourself, Tabby, just as proof that I haven't failed in my goal?"

Brushing her hair away from her face, Tradewind smiled to the two at the table. She didn't force 9Lives into asking her for anything, instead letting him preserve at least his dignity. He'd proved an able captain, though his confidence was more than a little damaged. No longer captain, Tradewind lost nothing in asking his permission and instead climbed to her feet and motioned for them to follow her.

"I know where I last saw them and can wager a guess as to where the Swansong is. Besides, it's my old ship. I doubt I'll have much problem locating it."

Status
Not open for further replies.