Galleon of the Black Mast [COMPLETED RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Galleon of the Black Mast

Anabel listened to Gareth's babbling for a few moments before a stab of pain ran through her side. Glowering at him she grumbled a few obscenities under her breath about drunken bastards and how they were never any help. Sighing heavily she moved to stand against the railing of the ship and stare out at the sea. A silent tear rolled down her smooth cheek; purple lined her eyes from bruises obtained from the fight. Since coming aboard she had gotten her wounds tended and cleaned. They still hurt and ached at times but she ignored the pain; she felt like she hadn't had felt an ounce of pain compared to Eben. The poor man had half of his face melted away. She shed a tear for him as well. He was a good man and didn't deserve it. Her bottom lip had a cut in it from a punch and her side ached as she moved.

She had busied herself with trying to help around the ship, she didn't want to have time to think about anything; especially Armand. At the moment she could hear Links asking Scarlet to talk to him; he was a jolly fellow and didn't know any of the crewmen that had been lost so he couldn't be as sorrowful as the others aboard the ship. Glancing around her blonde hair swayed gently down her back before whipping around as a breeze caught ahold of it. Resting her elbows against the railing she stared at the waves; blue eyes were dark with worry and sadness. She felt as though a fire was burning through her veins. At first she had believed the demons had poison in their claws of some sort that had entered her bloodstream but the doctor said she was fine. He had stitched her up and warned her to be careful with her broken ribs and the gash in her side. It would leave an ugly scar to go along with her others. She couldn't tell the difference between old and new ones.

She walked with a limp from a sprained ankle and she was plagued with migraines at night along with nightmares that she would awake from in a cold sweat. She dreamt of Armand, that he was trapped somewhere and was begging her to save him but she never could get past the demons between them. Cringing suddenly as another shot of pain zig zagged through her side Anabel glanced down at her wound. Her white shirt was stained with blood again; it was bleeding. But she hadn't done much today barely even any physical activity. Slim nimble fingers lifted the edge of her shirt up she took a look at the wound. The stitches were torn apart and it was an ugly red color; blood was oozing from it. She grinded her teeth as she thought of her options, Anabel really didn't want to go see the doctor again this week.

Taking a deep breath she pushed her shirt back down over the wound and looked around to make sure no one had seen it. Glancing back out at the sea she thought she had seen something bolting across the waves. Furrowing her brows slightly she leaned forwards gasping in pain from the movement as she tried to get a better look at whatever was in the water. "What the…" She muttered staring at the water. Maybe it was some type of hallucination but she thought she had seen a person. "Armand?" She whispered still straining to see whatever had been in the water as more blood dripped down her side. Her white shirt was now stained a bright crimson as almost all of her wounds began to bleed again. Staring down at the bite marks on her arms her blue eyes widened in fear. What was happening to her? Why was she bleeding again?

Deadeye was caught in a bit of a daze as he threw the bottle over the side of the ship. It had been completely drained by him and was useless now. As he stood there with a solemn look on his face he could hear footsteps behind him. As the footsteps got closer he could tell that they were coming to him or at least close to him. It was only moments later that he could hear the voice of Tabitha behind him.

"Deadeye....are you ok?"

Her sweet and innocent voice reached his ears and damn well sobered him up despite all the alcohol he had just consumed. Even though he was sadder than he had been in a long time he knew that he didn't want her to see him like this. Instead he put on one of his usual happy go lucky faces and turned around with a casual wave at her hoping to whatever god there was that she wouldn't see past his ruse. She looked tired and out of breath which he guessed was from all the work she had taken on. He himself had relatively little to do since they had not needed any of the powder monkeys to do anything. All his usual tasks had been finished for the day.

"Hey there princess. How ya doing? I see that yer staining that pretty ol dress and skin o yer's with quite a lot o grime and dust haha. Surely you could use a break. I got some of the best fruits on the ship still thanks to ma trading and scavenging. Besides i could use a nice view of sometin other than the ocean. I wouldn't mind gettin a glimpse o whats under those frilly lil clothes ya got on haha."

Deadeye smiled and leaned against the railing casually. Out of the corner of his eyes he could see that Anabel was bleeding again and that she was looking worse for wear. He gave a slight sigh and nodded his head towards her to indicate that he was going to go and help her. Deadeye pushed off the railing and walked over to Anabel before looking her over.

A wicked screech echoed over the waves just then as a spray of mist burst forth from the starboard keel. the great boney bird sprung out of the waves and flew in an upwards arch, struggling in mid-air and blasting out another trumpet of cacophanous roaring doom.

There was a moment of tension as the cursed things eyes locked with anabel, and then Deadeye....And then it arched its head to the sky and fell headlong into a pile of empty supply crates on the main deck across the way from them. charcoal black ooze dripped off its bristly feathers and formed a puddle.

A shadow wafted ont eh deck towards anabel, opposite Deadeyes direction from her and settled int eh shadow of the main mast that Anabel was standing in. The blackness behind her opened up stealthfully and a bloody bandaged hand reached around her neck, pulling her backwards what would feel like only a step. teh world changed colors int hat one step however.

The shades of the world dulled, adn mist surrounded everything as Anabel was being gently choked by the bandaged arm. seconds later, her shirt was ripped ont eh side were she was bleeding anda greedy hungry sound escaped lips not more than an inch from her right ear as a rough hand slid its fingers across the gash in her side.

"MMmm... just as sumptuous as i remember it..."
came a spanish voice, the hand lifting up infront of her... it looked more like a furry claw ont eh end of a broken raven wing. a monsterous thing that was encrusted in blood and flightless. the appendage lfited firther and went into the mouth of the thgin holdign her before lifting out, licked clean of blood. "Your wounds have sustained me since I wrestled that deathly beast into these very shadows... the shadows of the Ctlass.. *wheeze* they are bathed in its blood... nto mine... and now IT is dead... and i.. well.." He raised the broken and mangled feathery THING that was now his arm up and stretched the long furry fingers. "Mostly intact, shall we say."

"Deadeye looks so bewildered.. pity he cannot see or hear us in these shadows. se la vi, eh?" what followed those words was a frighteningly sinister throaty chuckle that would smage the psychee of the most hardened criminals...however, perhaps the easily traced knowledge of who it was coming from would provide some ease from that sharp knife of malice he spoke with. His grip upon her neck was strong as stone, unrelenting but gentle enough of pressure not to harm her supple throat.

Tabitha smiled a bit as she saw his happy go lucky expression once again, even if it was forced to keep her from worrying about him. She wasn't completely blind after all. She had seen the frown on his face and the far off look in his eyes even if he thought she didn't. She did not pressure him on it though, if he wanted to talk about it he would speak about on his own. She let out a light laugh at his usually flirty comment and shook her head, knowing that even if he was being serious with her she would still not let him see anything, not even if her tried to guilt her with the fact that he saved her life. She dusted off her clothing lightly before she started to speak softly, still tired from all the work.

"I'm well Deadeye, and though your fruit offer is tempting I do not plan on showing you anything under my clothing at all. You'll have better trying to get a woman on land to show you what you want to see..." She said pausing a bit as she tried to think of how to say thanks for him saving her.

She followed after him quietly as he walked over to Anabel to check on her, Tabitha noticing that she was bleeding a bit more. She did not say anything for a little bit as she walked with him, trotting quickly to keep up with him.

"Um...Deadeye, I know I did not get a change to say this when we got back onto the ship but I wanted to thank you for saving me on the island...I would have been killed otherwise." She said softly as she looked up at him.

The kindness in Amilio's voice caused Tradewind some relief and she relaxed a little bit, though the change might have been so small as to be imperceptible. Lifting her hand to shield the frown from her face, she raised her eyes to Amilio and only moved he hand away when she was confident that she would be able to smile. He seemed uneasy, but he was still talking to her.

"Ah, I'm well. Just a little shaken up by all of the events, senor. As for her, she will probably visit. She seems to like him, so she will likely stay near him." Brushing a strand of hair away from her face, Tradewind gestured uneasily toward the ward and smiled with a little more sincerity. "As they say, senor... Love is blind. If it is true, then she will stay by his side no matter the infirmity." From what Tradewind could gather, Amilio and Eben had been together. Amilio seemed to have his fair share of interest in it and perhaps guilt. She was curious, but she did not wish to pry.

"If you ever need to talk, Amilio..." Tradewind tilted her head, finally warming up a little.

Anabel had turned her head to glance at Deadeye right before a horrible screeching noise reached her ears. "The bloody hell is that?" She asked turning to look up at the bird in the air. She gasped slightly watching it struggle to stay in the air. All of the blood left her face as it looked into her eyes. She felt like something had stolen her soul and then pushed it back into her. She felt faint for a moment gripping the railing tighter for a moment before relaxing. She jumped suddenly as she heard it crashing onto the ship. Before she could turn around to inspect it she felt a hand grasp her throat. Gasping loudly she reached up to grab ahold of the hand as it pulled her backwards.

She felt like her eyesight had been dulled as the colors around her dimmed. Her heart raced, jumping against her rib cage in fear like an animal stuck in the crosshairs of a gun. She shivered and gasped again as she felt her shirt be ripped. Tears filled her eyes as she felt fingers dip into the gash on her side; she tensed wanting to fight whatever held her but she didn't know how to and she didn't have her weapons with her. She felt foolish for thinking she was safe aboard the Cutlass without her weapons for even a moment. She stared straight ahead wishing that Deadeye could see her. She cringed as the claw slash wing was raised in front of her face. Her mind raced for a moment until the Spanish accent reached her ears; could this be Armand? Licking her lips for a moment she watched in horror as the appendage moved and she heard the sucking noise of him licking the blood from his claws. Oh dear lord; she couldn't take it much longer.

A whisper danced across her lips as she recognized his voice. "Armand?" Her eyes were still wide with fear but her heart rate had slowed, his Spanish accent eased her fear for a moment. But, she felt like she had relaxed too soon as he began laughing. But then she remembered that he had said Deadeye's name; only Armand could know her fellow crewmates name. Licking her suddenly dry lips again she whispered still holding onto the clawed hand that held her neck; she realized it was almost a gentle hold like he truly didn't want to hurt her. "Armand, is that you? What do ya mean my wounds have sustained ye?" Silent tears trailed down her cheeks; what had the demons done to him? Where had her wonderful Armand gone? "What has happened to ya Armand?" She felt like she should keep whispering, in fear that if she spoke any louder she would awake from a terrible dream and that he would be gone. She didn't care if he was a monster; it was Armand, or at least she hoped it was Armand or she was bloody well done for.

The rotten glow of evil came pouring out over the Cutlass, a wicked intent and tainted power dissolving over the deck.

"What ye suppose i mean...why do ye think your stitches don't survive the night..."
he leaned hsi head closer and licked her cheek, a horrible iron smell escapign as eh breathed out simultaneously.

"I have drank your redest wine...the littel bit of blus left in my face is thanks to that."
he wheezed, the appendage twitching. He spun her around to face him, his wicked feathery claw holding her throat and rasiign her into the air.

His face was normal save the red glow in his eyes. but a twisted humourous and malicious smirk ran across his visage as well as fangs fit for only one creature adorning his smile. The teeth of a vampire. Armand had his hat on and his features were grusomely displayed in its shadows.

"But here in the shadows... something else feeds me..."
he gripped tighter on her throat visciously and set her down hard, reducing her to her knees as blood flooded anew. As the blood poured out, it floated in droplets towards him, hitting his chest, which was still shadowed by his coat.
"Fear... emotion...chaos." he chuckled.
He smiled even wider at her expression before somethign sparked on him. somethign that made him gasp in pain, eyes wide as he took a step backward, cluthcing his chet.

"GAAAAAHHH!" he bellowed, the shadows of the world fading fast from around them. the shadow realm disappeared swiftly, and there was armand standing there, one arm of his coat torn assunder and burnt, his arm replaced by a mangled feathery appendage endign in a furry human hand wth black claws on it. His shirt was gone as he removed his hands from his chest, the crucifix that hung around his neck jingling and clangign around as it glowed irridescent yellow. his chest was covered in scratchmarks, deep and bleeding, and his ribs were visible in a eight inch circle on his left breast. there was also a sizeabel amount of blodo drippign from hsi previously wounded left hand.

"What.. is this!?" he wheezed, black icor forming a puddle at his feet. He grabbed the crucifix and yanked it off hsi neck, throwing it to the ground. the puddle of dead blood that flowed from him did not touch the necklace.

"nngh..." he gathereed himself as he stood upright, looking like he was in pain and leaned slightly backwards, puttign up his evil limb to point at her.
"You... You.. are mINE!" he growled, shamblign towards her with a wicked toothy grimace. Insanity was in his eyes. He wasn't himself...or was he?

He didn't even care if the other crew had seen his loud threat towards the bleeding Anabel. Deadeye was only feet from heras she suddenly faded back into existance along with armand, not seconds ago.

Deadeye had begun his way towards Anabel when something strange happened. A giant boney looking bird burst forth from the sea like a tidal wave of death. It flew high into the air with a silhouette of a man fighting it. Moments later it began its descent towards the ship and then crashed spraying chunks of wood and metal everywhere. Deadeye instinctively covered himself with his arms while standing in front of Tabitha to ensure that none of the shrapnel got to her. As the spray of wood and metal subside he looked to where Anabel was to see if she was safe. As he looked over he saw that she was gone completely and that only a pool of a black ooze. Deadeye looked around for her without even realizing that he had a decently sized piece of wood lodged in his lower hip.

For a few moments he stared around trying his hardest to find them then as if nothing had happened she appeared out of thin air. Although she wasn't the only thing to appear, someone... no something had appeared with her. The thing was threatening to take her and looked like it was attempting to kill her. Deadeye barely bothered to try and identify the thing figuring that it had just been a demon that had somehow gotten aboard the ship. He rushed into action with nothing but his fists and his pistol. As Deadeye got closer he could see the face of Armand in the beast but refused to back down, it had no longer seemed human. He quickly moved Anabel out of the way and jumped at the beast bringing his left fist to its face in an attempt to stun it momentarily so the girls could get away. As soon as he landed back on his feet he felt a searing burn in his hip and as he looked down he saw and felt the wood for the first time.

"Oh you damned beast, go back ta hell where ya belong! We damn well don't want ya here. And wipe that face away right now before i punch it off of ya! You dare wear the mask of one of our fallen crewmates you rotten scum!"

Tabitha's soft thanks went unheard as something came crashing down onto the deck from the sky. She had not seen the bird until it was too late, Deadeye once again saving her by taking a majority of the blow from the shrapnel and wood of the deck. Tabitha had curled up in her own defense, only getting a few small nicks from flying wood thanks to Deadeye's sacrifice of taking a large piece into his hip. When she uncurled and noticed the wound she gasped and paled, almost becoming dizzy at the sight of it.

"Oh god, Deadeye..." She started to say, only for her to go unheard once more as the man lunged at the strange creature to save Anabel.

Tabitha stayed back, watching and waiting for any chance she could jump in and help. She saw it once Anabel was safely taken out of the demons clutches, Tabitha quickly trotting over and helping the bleeding woman up to her feet so that they could shuffle back. Neither of them would be any use in the fight anyway, with Tabitha being rather weak and Anabel loosing more blood at each moment. She couldn't bring herself to completely abandon Deadeye with the demon though and only held up Anabel on the edge, watching to make sure that he did not get any more injured that he already was...

"Ye dare take whats mine?" the fiend cracked his knuckles, takgin one last step towards Deadeye and rearign back its wicked arm.
The creature reeled back and made an undescernable grunt as he was smashed square in the face, several paces later, he turned his head to Deadeye and smirked again, beconing the blood from his wounds to aid him. he shambled forward again, unperturbed by the assault, but bleedign that black goo from his nose and lip.

"Come closer, cannon fiend...ye see how much is truly a mask." he chuckled. Somewhere inside, the real armand let out a wail of injunction and began poundign his way out of th eshell that was his subconscious. a fierce battel nobody but him woudl ever see, or believe.

Amilio smiled but before he could respond a cold shiver went up his spine that made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He heard the splashing sound of something in the water and turned around when he heard the screeching and then the crashing of the crates. The hell? Amilio could not see around the mast very well but he saw Deadeye's reacting to something. His instincts told him to run, so he did. Amilio ran around the mast, around behind Deadeye and almost stopped completely at what he saw. It appeared to be Armand but mangled and wounded. Deadeyed screamed about demon wearing his face and had been punching it and had a wound from a splinter. Anabel was bleeding all over the place, and the Princess was guiding her away. The assailant was raising his arm to strike Deadeye.

Amilio's brain processed this information and he acted. He turned sharply and launched himself forward. He grabbed the front of Armand's clothes (or what ever it was) and let himself fall, twisting and using all his momentum to throw the demon into some barrels and crates. It was far from graceful, leaving him hitting the deck hard, but his brain had screamed for action and he'd taken it.

Anabel gasped as he licked her cheek, the strong odor of his breath reached her nose and she fought back the urge to gag. This had to be Armand; he was just possessed by something evil. Her rational mind couldn't accept that it was anything other than Armand as she spoke. "Armand, I know ya in there. Listen to me Armand, ya have to fight whatever has got a'hold of ya. Ya hear me?" She whispered furiously at the man/beast that had ahold of her. As he spun her around she reached up holding onto his claw as he raised her into the air. She fought to breathe as he kept a tight hold on her throat before he slammed her to the ground; hitting her knees roughly she gasped for air as he released her throat. She was damned tired of people grabbing her throat. She watched in fear as he gasped and stepped back holding onto his chest. Something was hurting him; a cross? Anabel watched in horror as he threw it to the ground.

"Armand!" She whispered reaching out to him; she wanted to comfort him, help him in any way that she could. She didn't fear him anymore; she knew that her Armand was in there somewhere, she knew he would never truly hurt her. She felt as though she was under a spell as he spoke again and began to stumble towards her. She was his? What in the hell did that mean? Shaking her head gently she gasped in pain as Deadeye came out of nowhere and shoved her aside. "Oh bloody hell!" She bellowed suddenly, she was getting tired of people shoving her around and such. Struggling to her feet she heard Deadeye punch Armand and her anger grew even more; but she didn't want to be angry with Deadeye, he was just trying to help her. Why was she so angry at him then? Anabel couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, she just knew that someone was threatening Armand. Tabitha had come to aid her but she didn't want her help. Pushing the woman away Anabel growled deep in her throat; she shocked herself with the animal reaction of someone coming near her. When did she begin growling at people? Shaking her head she, finally stood up she pushed her way past Deadeye and tried to stand between him and Armand but Amilio came out of nowhere and tackled Armand to the ground. Screaming loudly her hands flew up to cover her face. She felt light headed from her blood loss but she ignored it.

Looking around for something to help her Anabel noticed Deadeye's pistol. Glaring she grabbed it from his person and pointed it up into the air firing it. She was consumed with a terrifying anger towards her crewmates for trying to save her. Anabel didn't understand her anger towards them; she couldn't stop herself from being so furious with them. She was torn between helping them dispatch this demon or whatever it was and helping it. It was Armand and she knew deep inside that it was. "For bloody hells sake!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "This is Armand ya fools!" She said while striding over towards where Amilio had tackled him to the ground. Kneeling next to them she reached out to stroke his face while whispering. "Armand, if ye can hear me fight, fight for control Armand. I know yer in there. Do'na let this demon keep control over ya Armand, Fight." The last word was whispered out in a hiss, she didn't understand while she felt so strongly about it but she knew that Armand was still there. She knew that whatever had control of him was holding him hostage in his own body. Her blue eyes shined with unshed tears as she only hoped that the Armand side of this creature would not allow it to hurt her.

THe beast flew headlong intot he barrels. Why was it so weak? truly, armand woudl have been able to brace himself from an attack without trouble. and why hadn't he pulled his sword from its sheath on his side yet?

Nothign was adding up.

There was another growl from the beast as its hands grasped anabels head on each side, squeezing. The gigantic bird layign dead began to dissolve into the mist, its bones clattering to the floor and becomign brittle until they became dust. The Wounds on armands body began to fizzle as if filled with acid.

"i AM the demon!" he hissed, reaching forward with his face, his fangs seeking her throat.

'weakling...' came armand voice inside the beasts head. it paused and fell limp, Armands body looking dead, save for shallow breaths.

'You dont deserve to be called a Demon.'

The internal struggle raged inside as his eyes turned back to brown, his eyes closed and his expression softening.

Armands body let out a weak groan and his eyes fluttered open for jsut a moment before closing again.

"Oi, Scarlet!"

Scar recognized that voice anywhere. Before turning around, she smiled to herself and tugged at her hat, causing it to sit crookedly upon her crimson crown. She'd been acting stoic the past few hours, so she decided to try a more carefree approach when conversing with her new friend, Links. Frankly, she was glad he waved for her attention. It wasn't often she got to enjoy quality time with someone other than her Captain. Perhaps this would lighten her mood.

With her arms behind her back, she walked over to Links in long steps so that her arrival took little time. She was pleased to see he wasn't terribly injured. Just some wounds here and there, just like her. Scarlet was worried during that time he was weaponless. Those weapons of his needed to be returned to him, she remembered, if they hadn't been already. He would need them, and decidedly he was trustworthy.

"'Ello, lad." Her ruby lips curled into a friendly smile. When her arms relaxed behind her, one of her hands were about to reach out and touch him. To examine his arm, to playfully pat him on the head, to grip his shoulder... Who knew? Her action paused so that her hand just hung in the air in front of her.

Something had her on alert.

The warmth on her face disappeared and was replaced with a stone cold glare. In a flash, she unsheathed her cutlass while turning her head to look in the direction of commotion her ears picked up. There was a chill climbing up her spine, too. Something dreadful was afoot; she did not like it one bit. "Somethin'... Somethin's goin' on..."

Just then, Scarlet made a grunt and an expression of pain masked her face. Her weapon fell from her hand to the ground. She drew it without thinking of her aching arm. A rush of agony spread through the limb, which she did her very best to ignore. "That was clumsy, aye?" With a meek smile, she reached down to pick up the cutlass with her left hand.

Groggy never went ashore unless under orders, supplies or no. Such a distinct hatred for the land may have saved her life this time, for she had seen from the deck what had happened to many unlucky souls who had gone ashore. For the last few days, she found herself lacing the food with even more alcohol than usual, in the hopes of easing the memory of the crewmates who survived. She did not envy those who walked beside the crew that had fallen to those daemons. Elra may have been a batty dame, but even she had a grave expression etched on her face with such a huge loss still hanging over the ship.

She wiped the sweat of her brow and examined her surroundings. The kitchen was stuffy, her back was hurting, and there was no better cure then a swig of the good stuff and a lungful of salty air. "Tha'd do the job, right and proper!" she exclaimed out the blue, frightening her fellow kitchen staff, though for the most part they had grown used to her eccentricity. She turned a redden eye on the lot of them with crooked, teeth-baring grin. "What are you all looking at? Back to work, the lot of you!" Grubby yelled, brandishing her rolling pin and swinging it wildly through the air until they hurriedly returned to work. "That's what I thought, they'll be no swinging of the lead in this kitchen." she grumbled, though a twitch of a smile showed that her discipline was always good natured, in a way a mother might disapprove of a cheeky child. She staggered up towards the deck, after filling up her canteen with some of the kitchen supplies, not afraid to take gulp to test it was to her liking. Heck, since when had it ever not? Harr!

Grubby grinned to herself, though this quickly vanished as her cloudy brained registered the scene on deck. Something was afoot, though she couldn't for the life of her work out what. She threw a suspicious look at the canteen before taking a step out the doorway, wondering if her mind was playing tricks on her. But there was a tangible sense of danger in the air that even a bamboozled drunk like her was on edge.

"Armand, if ye can hear me fight, fight for control Armand. I know yer in there. Do'na let this demon keep control over ya Armand, Fight."

The hell? Grubby did a quick sweep of the deck with her eyes and couldn't see the pirate anywhere. Mighty confused, she walked over to the first mate in the hopes for some answers.

"Pardon me, but what in hells name is going on here?" she asked, waving her rolling pin in Anabel's direction and then to deadeye, the pair of them seemed mighty riled up about something. Had they been on the booze too?

Links removed his hand and bowed, partly in jest and partly in greeting, when Scar made her way over to him. "'Ow ya doin'?" Links was happy that Scar would still muster an honest smile. "It's been rough, I know, an wif tha' ominous feeling constantly loomin', it's 'ard ta keep..." Scar was just reaching out to, what Links assumed, pat Links on the shoulder when suddenly she stopped. Her demeanor changed entirely and Links thought he was in trouble.

"I'm...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."

*Shing!*

Scar unsheathed her cutlass and Links jumped back in defense. "Woah, lass! Calm down, we can talk this over!"

"Somethin'... Somethin's goin' on..."

Links face turned from surprised to concerned. He too had heard the commotion, but was more concerned about the blade in front of him at the time. Then suddenly, Scarlet dropped her blade. Links instinctively knelt down to pick it up, before Scar made a move, and handed it back to her. She was his main concern at the time.

"That was clumsy, aye?" Scarlet smiled at Links, possibly trying to signal that everything was fine. Links didn't believe her.

He couldn't return the smile, out of concern. Links reached out with his bandaged right arm and gently grabbed Scar's bloodied and damaged limb. "Ya need ta get this cleaned up." Links, still holding Scarlet's arm, pulled a damp rag off of his waist and rubbed around the wound, taking care not to hurt it. He cleaned the blood off of the rest of her arm in a few swift motions, as he wouldn't need to be as careful as he was around the wound. After putting his cloth back on his waist, he pulled out a flask with his left hand and grabbed Scarlets right hand with his right hand. "This'll burn a bit, just squeeze if it hurts too bad. It needs to keep clean, and this rum'll help keep it from gettin' infected." Without warning, Links poured some of the alcohol onto the wound, no doubt causing it to burn like hell.

Links kept a straight face through the ordeal, concentrating on the task at hand. Once the wound was cleansed, he smiled at Scar, "Tha wasn't so bad was it?" He released Scar's hand and hoped that she wouldn't be upset with him for tending to her wounds. He knew that she was more than capable of doing so herself, Links was simply concerned.

Anabel had stayed knelt beside Armand's body as it sizzled and the wings had dissolved. She gasped as the claw like hands clasped her head and squeezed. She closed her eyes whispering a catholic prayer beneath her breath as it said something about being the demon. Oh Jesus Christ what had she gotten herself into? Silent tears ran down her cheeks as she reached up and grabbed ahold of the wrists. He had gone limp suddenly and her eyes flew open. It was Armand; blue hues stared at the body for a moment before she leaned close to listen for him breathing. She sighed heavily; thankful that he was alive and back for normal for now. She watched in agony as he opened his eyes for a moment groaning, and then closing them again. Reaching out tenderly she brushed some of his hair away from his face. She wanted him to be okay. Glancing up she noticed Groggy staring at her like she was crazy. "Aye, Groggy. Can we get somethin' for Armand ta eat and drink after he wakes up?" Anabel called out towards the woman; she was nice enough to be around.
Anabel glanced around once again and noticed Deadeye's wound. Hissing silently to herself she shook her head hoping he would go get it looked at soon; she needed to have hers looked at again too. Leaning down close to Armands face she whispered in his ear while still gently stroking his face. "Armand, ya need ta wake up and get ta tha doctor." She wished she was strong enough to carry the bigger man.

"rrgh.. I'd rather have a Priest... ack... BLAST IT, what happened to my arm..." he coughed, spittign up soem ooze and saltwater before leangin tot he left, his arm holding his mangled demonic one at the elbow. He coughed again and felt the pangs and bruises from hsi body being battered. "I never wanted this." he whispered, closign his eyes before sittign upright against one of the non-broken barrels. "Damn the Kaymen and thier demonic Idiocy!" he yelled,

"At least we gots away from them and their blasted curse eh?" he siad, knowing nothing of what they had learned about the Hourglass.

Eben was aware of only wispy vague images as he lay in bed. His head and face felt like a giant wax ball. The wax ball began to take shape. He would reach up to touch it, but he felt as if he was touching another persons face, surly this couldn't be him? He felt like a stranger in his own body. There was no pain, only a dull numb feeling. The bottle of opium that sat by his bed was half full, and although Eben was only a few days into his recovery, he found himself waiting for his next dose with baited breath. He longed for that warm blanket of happiness. It wrapped him up and made him forget everything.

He stared up into a face that he couldn't quite make out. It would come and bring him comfort, change his bandages with caring hands and speak sweetly into his ear. He began to associate it with the healing processes, and in his opium induced state, he began to crave the attention. IF he ever got a chance to look back on this, he would realize that that voice was the only reason he pushed on.

He felt like an infant, helpless, vulnerable. At the mercy of his surroundings.

Eben wanted to die, but he wanted the opium more.

3 days pass

early dawn

View attachment 5793With the dreary cloud of death still following the Cutlass, the western continent began to take shape on the horizon. It's southern dock, where many civilian ships sat bobbing in the water, welcomed them like a beckon of hope in the early mornings dawn. Most who stopped at West Hambrook were travelers making the long journey from the southern shores with various goods, however some were, like the crew of the Cutlass, ships in dire need setting foot on land.

A pirate can spend only so long at sea, and solid ground is always a welcomed comfort. Especially in the case of the cursed crew aboard the Cutlass.

View attachment 5794West Hambrook - A seaside city divided into three divisions, organized by class, but also essentially sectioned to provide seafarers with easy access to the port and basic commodities such as lodging, food and supply. On the out skirts of the city, boarded by the port, all these things can be found, there is limited security here as the resources provided are the main source of income for the city. Further inland, with direct access to the northern port where the Navel base is located, is a secondary class of citizens, most of whom are either navel workers or wealthy business owners. Further inland still, is the upper crust of West Hambrook. Those living here are the chiefs, commanders and the rich; Those that control the city, financially and otherwise.

Captain Claudius 9lives stood in his quarters, a long wool cloak draped over his head. He wore a pair of commoners leather boots and across his waist, where a fine leather belt was usually fastened, was a piece of hemp rope. He was incognito. It was essential when docking in such a place. West Hambrook was home to not only one of the largest navel fleets in the world, but also to the TPPF (Tactical Pirate Preventative Fleet). 9lives cringed audibly at this thought.

He would love nothing more than to sabotage that particular organization.

9Lives knew that he alone was the highest profile aboard the ship, although he imagined that his first mate, and some of the others, would most likely have a high price on their heads. He would not risk his crew, no more than he would risk his own hide, so he took the precaution of disguise for the entirety of the ship.

All the while the hour glass, the cursed artifact, ticked away their time. Blood dripping from one side to the other.

As the crew disembarked, bribes were paid to ensure no one would go snooping on the ship. Just past the dock, in the out skirts of West Hambrook where there was little security, sat a seaside pub. They boasted 'Best ale in the west'. 9lives headed there along with those who accompanied him.

After Armand woke up things were a blur for Anabel for the next few days. She faintly remembered being in a bed with her wounds wrapped up in gauze, ointments being applied to the gashes in her skin. She remembered ghost-like voices whispering of the scars she would have since her wounds healing process had been interrupted, the whispers had gained quieter as they mentioned the scars lining her back. She remembered groaning in her sleep, feverish, her body slick with sweat, her mouth open in a banshee like scream. Nightmares of the ship sinking, all of the crew turning to demons plagued Anabel until they docked in West Hambrook, land at last. A heavy sigh escaped pale pink lips as roughened hands rubbed against dark eyes. She had dark circles under them since she couldn't sleep well at night. She hadn't had a full nights rest since Armand had come back; she would waken in the middle of the night drenched in a cold sweat from her dreams. Walking the deck she would stare out at the night sky trying to decode the meaning of them. Anabel hadn't known that Eben had retrieved an hourglass but in her dreams there was always one, blood trickling down, almost warning her that time was running out for the crew.

She had heard of West Hambrook before, never visited it but many from the brothel had spoken of the uppity people that lived there. The naval officers thinking they were better than everyone because they protected the country from pirates. Blonde locks swayed as she shook in her head in disgust. She struggled to breathe as she forced herself into the tight corset that many women wore in the cities. She hated the bloody things; she found them to be horrid contraptions that obviously a man had invented. They made many women pass out from lack of oxygen and she wondered if that was why so many were dumb, they couldn't get enough air to their brains to allow them to think clearly for themselves. Getting dressed completely Anabel glanced down at herself, her legs felt naked without a pair of breeches around them. She hadn't worn a dress since she had left the brothel, now she remembered why she hated the blasted things. They were just irritating things that didn't allow a woman to do what she needed without having to fuss with the skirts, corsets, and damned sleeves. Growling at the sleeves she tugged on them one last time before walking out of her room on the ship.

Eyes blazed with frustration at having to wear a dress, but they were soft with delight at a chance to find some good food and supplies for the ship. Slipping through some alleyways she merged into the crowd of people. She had forgotten how loud it could be with all of the people talking to one another, some yelling over others to be heard. Once or twice men leered at her and winked at her, it disgusted her that all men would act like mindless pigs at the sight of one female. If they knew that she hidden a blade on her person and knew her skills with it they wouldn't leer at her, silently in her mind she made sure she remembered their faces for a later time. Gathering all of the supplies that she thought necessary, for herself of course; a girl needed nourishment and food. She couldn't always be fighting everyone else on the crew for a cherished orange or fruit. Licking her lips in anticipation she almost couldn't wait until she made it back to the ship so that she could hide the fruit away from the others to save for one of those nights she wanted a snack. A hand clamped itself around her arm though shaking Anabel from her thought process, shocked she stared at a little old woman. She had a strong hold for someone of her age and it shocked Anabel. Brows furrowed in confusion as the woman pulled her through a shop door and the scent of incense bombarded her senses.

"The bloody hell woman?" Anabel hissed out at the lady as she dragged her along. The old woman turned and stared up at Anabel before pushing a bag into her arms. "You will need this for the upcoming trials you will have." She said, her voice cracking as she did so. Her eyes creeped Anabel out, white from cataracts they looked as though the woman was blind. "What do ya mean?" She was intrigued, no one knew of her heritage. Her mother had been born from a long line of gypsies, known for their fortune telling and strong magic. Anabel had never told anyone her secret of using witchcraft. Staring at the woman in pure shock she shook her head trying to think of how the woman knew her secret. "One ye own kind can see tha mark on ya young lady, I can tell ye a witch. But don't tell many or ye'll be hung. Just trust me, there's a hourglass ya will be needin' to destroy in tha near future and these supplies and book will help ya. Tha book will tell ya what ta do." The old woman whispered to her before pushing her towards the doorway ushering Anabel out of the shop. Glancing within the confines of the bag she recognized a variety of the objects, but some she had never seen before. She was still perplexed as to how the woman knew her secret as she walked down the street back towards the ship. She was so busy thinking that she hadn't even remembered that they were there to recruit new crewmates for the ship since they had lost many in the battle on the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.