G-Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natasha Gunn - - - Fox and Hunter Industries HQ

As she set up her presentation, Isabella took note of the questions that the group were throwing her way. They may have been an inquisitive bunch, but at least they were speaking up and not forcing Isabella to use her abilities to get something out of them. Once everyone had spoken up, Isabella turned the projector on and showed the first slide of her presentation, a modern-style slide with the title 'Project Guardians' written on it. Coming to stand at the head of the table, she quickly thought of her responses to the questions before speaking, her subtle smile still on her lips.

"If this was a trap, you'd all be dead or severely injured by now. I don't mean to underestimate you, but I know that not all of you are familiar with your powers. Hopefully we can change that soon." Isabella paused. "This is very important. Project Guardians will be explained in more detail to you in a few moments, but it is in the same vein as the other superhero team – the Silvergate Brigade."

As soon as Natasha heard that, she wanted out. The superhero business wasn't for her, not right now. Sure, she may have thought about it before, but being in a team like the Silvergate Brigade? She and the entire city knew how that story ended, and there was no way she was going to be swarmed by the media or targeted by supervillains. If it wasn't so early on in the meeting, she would have walked out and left, but maybe giving the whole thing a listen could clear the air somewhat. And when Isabella looked over at her, eyes slightly narrowed, Natasha felt the urge to stay firmly where she was. She wasn't oblivious as to what Isabella's powers were.

"As for lunch, it should be here soon." As if right on cue, William entered the room, trundling a food trolley along. The trolley looked comically tiny in the shadow of the receptionist as he pushed it over to the table. An assortment of food, which ranged from more snack food to packaged salads and sandwiches. Isabella stared as William carted the food along, stopping by the girls and waiting for them grab whatever they wanted. He didn't even manage to get halfway up the table before Isabella stopped him.

"William, what are you doing?" She questioned, rolling her eyes. "Just leave the food on the table and the group can get what they want, otherwise we're going to be here all day with you pushing that thing around."

"I'm just trying to help," William argued, quickly spreading the lunch out on the table.

"Well, you're disrupting the meeting."

William moved double-time to put all the food out, and then carted the trolley out of the room again. Isabella shook her head once he left, and then returned her attention to the group. "Take whatever food you want, it's all free. Now, we'll get onto the meeting--"

"I forgot the drinks!" William called as he burst into the room again, much to the dismay of Isabella. The giant clunked down a tray of filled coffee cups and small sachets and pots of sugar and milk before rushing out again, Isabella's glare burning into him.

"He's lucky he can't be fired," Isabella muttered, and then put on her practised smile once more as she looked at the group. "No distractions this time, hopefully."

Clicking the 'next' button on the remote in her hand, she flicked to the next slide, which contained bullet point information about 'Project Guardians'. "As I said before, Project Guardians is in a similar vein to the Silvergate Brigade – superhumans being gathered up and put into a superhero team to protect the city. You've all been chosen for your abilities and skills, and all of you have been monitored for a substantial amount of time. Myself and my team believe that you are the best group for this new brigade: 'G-Force'."

Natasha rolled her eyes at the name, but didn't say anything. Besides, Isabella probably knew what she was thinking anyway.

"I'm sure you're all aware of the Silvergate Brigade, they practically put superhumans on the map. They protected this city, and without them, the state of the streets has never been the same. There have also been reports of superhumans who are using their powers for bad, terrorising citizens and getting involved in all manner of illegal activity. Now is the perfect time for you to come together and fight crime." Isabella paused and moved onto the next slide, which detailed 'expectations and commitments' of the group. "As you may or may not know, when I first started with the Brigade, I could barely throw a proper punch. I took on a support role, whilst the others went into combat. When you join G-Force, you will be given proper combat training – we're not going to leave you in the dark. This project is much more organised than the Brigade ever was. We have a HQ set up, costumes, dossiers, equipment, and all of the resources you could dream of. This isn't some scam or set-up, this is a huge task. This is serious, so please focus on the task at hand and not the fact that there are costumes involved." Isabella's gaze was firmly planted on Natasha, who had indeed been internally scoffing at the idea of superhero costumes.

"Some of you are more experienced than others. Ms. Hyo, I know you are rather acquainted with your abilities. Same with you, Ms. Hera. But others – Ms. Ivers, Ms. Fumnanya, Gunn – have little experience with their powers. We'll teach you how to control them and develop your skills. But you have to be a team player. Ask anyone on the streets of Silvergate City, and they can probably tell you all of the names of the Brigade members: Red Fox, Damage, Haywire, Luna, Changeling, and Dark Matter. That wouldn't be the case if we hadn't worked as a team. Everyone needs to be in this together, you have to put all of your effort into this."

"Which is why I'm giving you the opportunity to leave now. But be warned – if you walk out of that door, you'll have a target on your back for the rest of your life. The villains that live here will find out about you, and you will want the team backing you up when that happens. But if you're not in this, there's no guarantee that you'll still be around in a couple of years." It wasn't meant to be a threat, but it felt like one. Isabella looked around at the group, lingering on each one of them. Natasha could tell what she was doing – reading their minds. It was obvious. Red Fox was known for her telepathy, after all.

"If no one is going, then I want you all to do something for me: envision in your minds a name – a codename – and a costume. If you're going to be heroes, you need to see yourselves as one." Isabella watched the group, gaze flickering between all of them. Whilst the others may have been able to come up with something, Natasha was stumped. This superhero business really wasn't for her at all, but she just couldn't say 'no' now, for whatever reason. So she sat there, mind as empty as could be. And when Isabella turned her attention to her, she shook her head and quickly moved on. First day meeting the boss and I'm already a disappointment, Natasha thought. Too bad, you stuck-up bitch. I know your game.

@RainDash | Chloe Hyo
@The Dovah | Lucy Hera
@Birb | Madeleine "Maddie" Anabelle Lior
@Shattered☢Horror☠ | Tatianna Ferrari
@Sailor Moon | Gugu Fumnanya
@White -- Chocolate | Calista Ivers

Gugu Fumnanya - Fox & Hunter Industries
Gugu's stomach was seconds away from devouring itself when William brought out the food trolley. It wasn't at all what she expected, but she was satisfied nonetheless that Isabella had provided enough variety for them to choose from. She watched as William spread the food out on the table, her sights already set on a delicious looking club sandwich and fruit salad. She wasted no time in collecting the items after William finished, and then sat back down in her chair at the table to watch the presentation.

Knowing Isabella's motives for the group didn't seem to help Gugu cope with all she had just learned. It was exciting, sure, but also terrifying. How could she honestly help protect the city? She popped a piece of sliced cantaloupe in her mouth and looked at the others to see how they had handled everything, and not to Gugu's surprise, Natasha was all sorts of eye rolls. Gugu smirked to herself, knowing that Red Fox's threat of a permanent target on their backs was enough to convince anyone with a brain to stay. And if that wasn't enough then there were the costumes, HQ, and combat training that would no doubt benefit them all.

Gugu closed her eyes as instructed and envisioned herself as super hero, costume and all. What she came up was off of the top of her head, and for whatever reason she couldn't get this silver and white outfit of her head. It was just perfect. "My code name will be Shine. I've always like that word," she said, opening her eyes and looking at Isabella. "So, what did you all decide on?"

@VanillaCola
@White -- Chocolate
@RainDash
@Justin⚫In⚫Wonderland
@Birb
@The Dovah

Reactions: VanillaCola
The meeting of the supers - A G-Force is born? - Lucy Hera

Lucy grabbed a prawn mayo sandwhich as Isabella informed everyone about the purpose of the meeting and couldn't help but smile when her name was mentioned along with her being more experienced. "I wouldn't say that i'm experienced. More like, doing a very dumb thing that would have killed me if i was unable to breath water. Oh and my powers are water based." She commented before taking a bite out of the sandwich.

"Hmm, a codename? Aquamera?" She uttered to herself. "Ooo, actually!" She knew what to call herself without coming off as cheesy. At least, that was her plan, whether she did or not was up for debate. "Mine shall be Meraqua. It's unique, doesn't really scream look at her, she controls water or look at her, don't put her into a water tank and just comes off as a bit fantasy. Ish." She remarked before taking a few more bites out of her sandwich.

"As for the super suit, well, I don't want it green. Or to be animated. I've heard that green animated suits tend to be rather rubbish." She commented whilst thinking of what to use as a super suit. "Or I could fight in the nude." She joked just before eating the rest of the sandwhich. "But I do have a bit of a tacky swimming costume at home that's not been used for god knows how long and I do own some fish net stockings so i'm thinking of combining them with a black shirt. Or just a long sleeved silver shirt and a thin blue skirt over a red bikini and some black lace stockings with a scuba mask? I don't know, i'm no fashion hero and as long as it's thin, is a bit sexy because, well, being a hero is sure to get many people's notice and practical, I don't mind. But no green or animated!" She told Isabella and it was unlikely for the rest of the group to not hear her.

@VanillaCola
@White -- Chocolate
@RainDash
@Justin⚫In⚫Wonderland
@Birb
@Sailormoon

Silvergate Brigade. Now there was something that brought up the dusty and muted memories from the past. Calista had been a little too young to remember some of the more impressive details - especially when her life had began to shake and derail just as the group's tension had likely reached its breaking point, but tales regaling their success and their triumphs were still circulating all around, not that she had touched them recently, obviously. However, she lived in the present now, and any lingering awe that she had once felt for the Silvergate Brigade had felt like it was a thing of the past - something ... stale. Or at least she hoped those emotions would remain that way, if even only for the next little while, to get through the meeting, because if she inferred Isabella Hunter's words correctly, then her hindering optimism and childhood heroism definitely could not take any part when she needed to make some decisive decisions. Life changing decisions.

Before she could begin to allow her thoughts to spiral though, the man from the front desk, William, had wheeled the food cart into the room. A variety of modestly lavish dishes were just visible as she glanced at the cart on the other end of the table, and once Isabella had demanded the rearrangement, Calista could tell with an almost breathless gasp just how impressive it truly was. Even if she had just choked on a muffin piece moments prior, she was not about to skip out on free, and decidedly delicious looking, food - nor would she neglect the coffee that came just moments after.

Leaning back into the seat as comfortably as she could, Calista did her best to mentally prepare herself for the presentation that Isabella Hunter was about to present. She wasn't someone who dealt well with major life changers, and honestly, she should have expected something of this magnitude from Isabella Hunter - even if the woman hadn't been trying to bring forth a topic as grand and secretive as a superhero squad. Shifting further into her seat, Calista popped a small sushi piece into her mouth, chewing slowly as the woman continued on.

Thankfully, as Isabella Hunter threw in what was possibly the heaviest delivery of the entire presentation, there was absolutely nothing that could potentially block her airways. Instead, Calista sat there in muted shock, her face unmoving, stoic - unable to comprehend how Isabella Hunter actually envisioned all the people in this room - herself - to be able to run on the streets and fight. It wasn't that Calista was opposed to fighting crime in general, but she had to wonder if this had been some grand mistake - because which part of her actually looked like it was going to be ready to fight, with or without intensive training?

Then there was the whole privacy issue, between herself and all these other people, her life and the inevitable social media that would love to get their hands on something like this - and she knew so, because she lived in the same industry that had eyes on the ground looking for things like this - shit, she needed to refocus. Calmly, somehow, Calista reached out for another piece of sushi that was on her own plate [not the one in the middle of the table, don't worry] and placed it into her mouth. She chewed slowly as she registered everything into her mind, the thought of having teammates, someone to back her up sounded wonderful, absolutely fantastic, but that would also beg the question as to when the hell she actually decided that agreeing and pursuing a superhero career was a good idea. Had it been because of the threat? That she could possibly lose her own life should she refuse?

Before she knew it, images, words, feelings and every came flooding into her mind. "Spectre", came to mind relatively quickly, a name both from a long time ago, and one she regularly offered to those in need of her for their work. A ghost - or at least something without form or shape, something to perfectly describe the ever changing framework of her abilities at least. As for her costume ... dark. Like most of her closet, dark, almost gloomy, but still open to color, something like a plum purple preferably. She wasn't exactly someone too picky with fashion or the particular style of things, but she found herself craving for stretchable, yet skin-tight pants, bandage leggings of sorts, though more durable, and more ... superhero worthy. As for her top, that was something that could be loose, especially around the sleeves - especially around the sleeves. And her chest, now that she thought about it.

Blushing at the train of thought - a rambling mess for the poor telepathic woman no doubt - Calista popped in yet another piece into her mouth. As she chewed, a thought struck her, and she couldn't help but to smile, whilst her cheeks were just slightly puffed out. It was hard to contain such joy, when you realize that the exact vision - the thought, imagination and creation - had nearly been identical to the one you had when you were a child.

So much for keeping her bleeding heart out of this.

- - -

As she finished up her plate of sushi - honestly, why did she think that four pieces would be enough to sustain her? - Calista looked up, and across the table, across the various options that lay out before her. Chewing on her lip as she decided upon one, she coughed lightly into her fist, hopefully grabbing the attention of one or two people that would be able to fulfill her request, who weren't in the middle of conjuring their visions for Isabella, "Could someone pass over the breadstick?" She mummered quietly, eyes connecting with those who did not seemed to be closed or stuck in a trance.

- - -

@Birb @Sailor Moon @VanillaCola @PRINCE⚫JUSTIN⚫PERFECTION™ @The Dovah

• Love
Reactions: Birb
[fieldbox="Deja Azreal, turquoise, solid"]

silver.jpg

The yellow caution tape appeared brighter than usual in contrast with the grey and angry sky. There was no rain, yet, to wash away the crimson liquid that pooled around the mangled body. She ducked under the tape, and immediately felt a punch to her the back of her mind. The cracking of bones, the fell of clawing through skin, the burning sensation deep in her throat from shouting too much all hit her at once.
She threw up her entire lunch--which was not rare, but she was starting to learn to not only skip breakfast, but lunch. The dead were aggressive, dark and just nasty. She wasn't a rookie, but her connection to the dead was growing far too strong. Her body shivered as she saw the red and greens below--and puked again. A junior detective went to console by placing a hand on her hunched back but she wiped her lips on his tie and shoved him out of the way.
No one else could see what she did and that made her snarl seem absolutely mad. The victim was harsh in her mind, cursing and throwing terrible memories at her, each one as vibrantly violent as the last. The woman had been horribly tortured. It wasn't uncommon to be mentally attacked by the dead, but that did not make it pleasant. She could feel her superior's eyes on her as she neared the corpse. With each step, the ghoul's memories intensified. Deja could finally see the killer's face.
"I've got your killer," she didn't turn to look her superior in the eyes, "And where they met."

After solving the crime with her cheap trick, she found her bike and straddled it, tapping a finger on the handlebar. For someone who was built like stone, it was hard to be mentally knocked out. She knew her abilities were dire to catching murderers, rapists and more, but she craved to actually get to punch someone. It was that very thought that had her decide to take up the offer she'd received to join a butt-kicking team. She popped the kick-stand was revved the engine.

When she found Fox and Hunter Industries HQ, she stopped her bike and gave a low whistle as she lifted the visor on her helmet. Deja hit the pedal to find a parking spot before curling an arm around her helmet as she strode inside. Her walk was very exact and aggressive. She didn't bother to fix her wild hair; it would only get messed up on her way home. She got help from the desk to find the meeting room and grimaced to realize she was late.

Of course, stupid homicide… She mentally rolled her eyes and leaned in the doorway. The room was filled with very powerful women. She worked with officials a lot and knew a quick knock was best before entering. She was careful not to make holes with her knuckles as she tapped them against the doorway, "Deja reporting in."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= , #106ad5, solid, 10, Trebuchet MS]
#0755b3 Name: Madeleine "Maddie" Anabelle Lior
Code Name: N/A
Mood: 500% done with their bullshit
Mentioned: @YuriLucien
Tagged: @White -- Chocolate @VanillaCola

Maddie was feeling...mixed by the end of Isabella Hunter's more threatening than convincing speech. The feeling wasn't the "thrown into a blender" sort of mixed. It was the kind of mixed that you get when you shove too many different things into a sandwich much too fast. Squished and twisted rather than ripped up and put back together again. Out of the mess of her emotions, dread seems to weigh down the most in her stomach. And the food didn't help. In fact, the sight of food seemed to have made the feeling worsen.

Still, the dark haired woman nibbled on a sandwich that she picked out from the assortment before her already low mood took a nosedive. The sandwich itself probably would have been delicious if it wasn't for the fact that she could barely taste it. Her clear but worried green eyes were boring into the table as the same thoughts ran through her mind over and over again.

'What about my family? Am I even cut out to be a superhero? I barely have any faith in my regular designs how will I come up with a fucking superhero design? Who will save my family while I'm off saving the city? How can I trust strangers with the safety of my family?'

The words seemed to bubble in the back of her throat even as she tried to distract herself by listening to the Muffin Girl's request for a breadstick. Avoiding eye contact with everyone and anyone with a rather frustrated expression on her face, Maddie absentmindedly handed over the whole basket of breadsticks rather than just one with a quiet "here". Why did she think it was a fine and dandy idea to come here? Because now...now…

She was stuck between a hard place and a rock.

But it also currently looked like it couldn't get any worse.

So that was why Maddie decided that it was a good idea to throw caution to the wind and uncharacteristically blurt out, "I don't know about anyone else here, but I actually do have a family. A family that doesn't have any superpowers at all." The stressed but determined green-eyed woman took a moment to take a deep breath, completely ignoring the late newcomer, before plowing on. "I want to know what you're going to do about the fact that you put an even bigger target on my back, and consequently my family's, by asking me to come here."

Did they not think about this? Or did they just not care?
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.