From the Shadows, He came

Sam nodded and hugged him even tighter when she heard the footsteps. She pushed him to move. "We... we need to go now! Take me away.... anywhere... somewhere... please! I'm begging you please!...." Sam was starting to cry as the footsteps grew near--they were loud and heavy; the kind of footsteps that belonged to an animal, not a human. Sam knew what was coming. The monsters would destroy the man if they didn't move; they would destroy him simply because he made her feel safe. "Please...." she begged once more "anywhere but this standstill."

He whispers into her ear."We are safe if you say we are safe. You are dreaming. Have been this whole time. Its YOUR mind. Say it. Say you are safe and believe it."

"I can't fight them." Sam whined to him, attempting to push him backwards away from the footsteps. "This...can't be a dream....it never ends......I....I can't fight them with nothing. We need to run! Please!"

Sam sobbed in him trying to run, but he held her close. "If we run, we can be somewhere safe, but there isn't much time! PLEASE!" Sam felt weak, she knew he was trying to help her, but she knew the man had never seen or experienced the monsters. They tried to killed her constantly, squash her make her disappear for dominance. They were characters that she had created for an escape, but her escapes started to spiral out of control and take life of their own. They wanted to be the ones who lived and thus they banded together to kill her before they turned on each other. She was their greatest enemy and she had to run.

He whispers into her ear."Imagine you have a sword. Its your mind so anything you imagine is real. Thats why your monstors are real. Believe with all your being that they dont exist and they will vanish." He assurs her, holding her fast and prepareing to fight her demons.

Sam tried with everything she had, but the sword did not appear. There was too much fear in her. She kept trying and trying, but then she finally gave up. Sam yells at him "It doesn't work like that here!"

The girl managed to escape his grasp. She hoped he would follow as she ran away from the steps. As Sam ran, the steps ran after her too. Sam ran towards a very particular destination and managed to reach it before the steps reached her. She locked the door and slid down to the ground with her back on it. She saw the man had managed to slip in with her too.

The room contrasted heavily with the library. It was well lit and goregous. There was no terror or fear here for Sam. The room was a reading room with a fire place and comfortable couches and chairs everywhere.

Sam wiped away a few of her tears though she was still softly crying and looked at him. "Dreams imply you have control of some sort. Here I'm a prisoner, nothing changes to my whims, only their's"

The dark haired man only smiles."My time here nears to an end. But think on this. Do they have power because you are a prisoner? Or because you ALLOW them to chain you in this glorified prizon cell." He says as he walks out the door fearlessly. His footsteps echo away. Into the night he goes, looking for her terrors.

Sam knew the truth, she was a prisoner of her own mind. She once had the capabilities to stop it all, but her imaginations had run wild and free, separating them from herself. She knew she could take herself back, but she needed help and she needed to accumulate power, confidence. But where? How?

The girl woke up from her slumber from the pounding on the door in her head. It was soon gone and reality had replaced her head. The light filtered through the window and she was confused. She knew it was her turn on the cycle. She was the only one aware that there was a cycle outside of the confines of her mind. She looked around the room and wondered, was she for once having a new dream?

The girl got out of bed and walked to the dresser and there, she found that there were dresses of all sorts. She picked a dress, a sweet childlike one in the closet. She put it on and suddenly, it did not seem as innocent as before. Had she looked in the mirror, she would have noticed that the dress heavily accented her curves and her breast. The color of red brought out her porcelain skin and her locks. She was voluptuous and alluring.

Sam cautiously made her way out of the bedroom and down the stairs. She walked softly and swiftly and she reached the bottom of the stairs. Sam observed the room and noticed that it was definitely not the hospital. "Where am I?" she asked the walls, expecting some sort of answer to slither out of the shadows and to her ear.

The incubus has watched her closley and makes an appearence."You are in my house." He says calmly. Theres a reason he used his own form in her dream. He wants her to recognise him. His silky velvety smooth voice designed for seduction is quite kind...at the moment."Would you like some breakfast?"

Sam turned towards the voice and her eyes widen in fear and shocked. "How....?" she gasped. "You.... you were in my head... how did you.... I don't understand?"

He was exactly like the man in her head and there was no way she could have imagined him perfectly. She could even imagine her mother the same. People were often distorted by their personalities, it was almost like she saw them for who they really were, not how they appeared.

Sam's stomach grumbled and she knew she had to eat. She approached him cautiously and touched him. He was warm and soft like in the dream. She pulled her hand back and look at him. "Explain," she demanded from him.

He nods."You wonder why i look so similar to my soul form? My astral projection? Its because im not human. Im an incubus. A sex demon from the 6th circle of hell. I tell you this not to scare you, but to demonstrate honesty. Something you have had precious little of in recent times. I look exactly like myself because i do not lie to myself. I know exactly what i am. And that will be what saves you. Finding YOUR identity within the trappings of your own mind. I will help. I will try to teach you some controll but at the end of the day it will be YOU to break free of the chains of bondage holding you inside yourself." The incubus finishes his monolouge. He tips the bowl hat he is wearing at her with a wink."It is easier than you realise to escape, but harder than you could ever dream of to not go back. Loose yourself in that nightmare of fear and pain again."