From the Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
That name stuck a nerve, still, but his jabs were more frustrating. "Then you must be more drunk than usual," she bit back, giving a look that said to back off.

"Schnee," Ironwood cut in, giving the female a look of his own. "That's enough." There was a fleeting moment of hesitation, and Winter almost objected, but she reluctantly tucked her tail.

"Yes, sir."

"As refreshing is this little private insult tête-à-tête, I have a question. Is there anything more I should know?"

"I believe you've covered what we know quite well, with the exception of our Grimm problem.. Which, I'm certain you're well aware of," Glynda answered. "It's quite obvious our issues aren't exactly easily manageable, so I can't say it's as simple as having all the info laid out nice and clean for us."

It wasn't a lie. Though there were so many things needing done, they all led to the same, ultimate goal. The goal all of the occupants in the room shared, even if they had different ways of showing it.

The world needed saved, and who better for the task?

"...I couldn't agree more, Mr. Branwen."

"...Wait, you agree we should all get at least a round of drinks?" He questioned, blinking in surprise for the briefest of moments before grinning in a satisfied manner.

4dIPKEi.jpg

"Sweet."

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"..."​

And with that, there was a collective silence in the room, broken only by a particularly aggravated Schnee. "...You are completely despicable."

"..."
And with that, there was a collective silence in the room, broken only by a particularly aggravated Schnee. "...You are completely despicable."
"Oh come on, guys. What's the point in safeguarding the world if you don't allow yourself to enjoy it every once in a while? Drinks would be on me, naturally."

"Oh come on, guys. What's the point in safeguarding the world if you don't allow yourself to enjoy it every once in a while? Drinks would be on me, naturally."

Winter didn't grace this with a response. Just what was his problem? Drinking wasn't going to get any of them anywhere, let alone was it going to help them find Oz.

"You certainly have an interesting way of trying to enjoy the job," muttered Glynda, shaking her head.​

"Or just enjoying yourself and the world around you. How would Oz put it if he were here? We can't spend our whole lives on the battlefield, even if we may want to. It's not every day that friends, like the people in this room right now, are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds, but nights like these can help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these we'll...never forget. Heh." He laughed bitterly. "Just think about it. The last time we all gathered like this, Oz was with us. Now he's not. But I know he wouldn't want us to waste a chance like that. If you really don't want to drink as friends, maybe at least we can share a toast to Ozpin? It wouldn't kill any of you, would it?" His gaze shifted from Glynda to Ironwood to Winter before he turned, sauntering out the door.

"Or don't come. I suppose I can drink alone."

And there the Huntsman went again, making yet another good point. It was almost enough to make Winter wish she'd simply been sent out of the room again. Almost. Yet, she was still there, along with the three remnants of Ozpin's little secret force.

Despite wariness and likely reluctance, Glynda and Ironwood seemed to have been swayed. This was more than a little frustrating to Winter, who had been hoping for some other settlement to honor Ozpin's that didn't involve alcohol. But, alas, it looked like there was no choice in the matter, really.

"...Fine. But don't think I'll be making a habit out of this."​

"...Fine. But don't think I'll be making a habit out of this."​
"Wouldn't dream of it." He replied seriously, hiding a small grin on his face. "Now c'mon, I know this great little place not far from here, sound good?"

"No. But I suppose I have no choice, do I?" she replied with a sigh of annoyance. Okay, so she was a bit of a drama queen. So what?​

"Relax, it'll be great. Trust me." Qrow fell silent after that the whole way there. Once the place was in sight, he finally stopped walking. "Alright, just follow my lead, okay?" He remarked. "Place can be a little rowdy." With that, he turned, stepping on in. The muted sounds of heavy music echoed in the hall as they neared. When the door slid open, the music ceased to be muted, blasting at full strength and the bright flashing lights illuminating the wide grin on Qrow's face.

Stepping right around, he slid past the dance floor on his way to the bar. The big man was standing right behind it, his two young twin bouncers sitting a few seats down from him. "Junior!"

"...Qrow. What got broken this time?" The big man growled. Qrow leaned over to whoever was closest.

NMsjgg4.png

"Don't mind him. I just helped pay for damages when my niece...actually let's not talk about that." Qrow leaned back away, turning once more to face Junior. "Ya know the usual. And for my guests..." He swiveled in his seat, looking at Winter, Ironwood and Glynda with a raised eyebrow. "Junior here usually has decent brew...and good information." Qrow winked.

"Somehow I find that difficult to believe."

Admittedly, the warning that the place could be 'a little rowdy' was enough to provoke an inward groan from the heiress. Somehow she had a feeling that that was an understatement, and when he opened the doors and the music was enough to blow out your eardrums from outside.

The inside definitely wasn't better. Loud, flashy, less than respectable... Yeah. Winter was less than pleased to be there, and it appeared the same could be said for a rather unamused Ironwood and Goodwitch. Of course, their beats seemed to change enough when Qrow mentioned that this Junior character also dealt in information. Though Qrow's comment about his niece earned a raised brow from Glynda.

"So you didn't just want us here to honor Ozpin," confirmed Glynda under her breath. It appeared she was holding off on a drink, for now.​

"Somehow I find it difficult to believe none of you have ordered a drink yet. C'mon, where are your manners? Need me to recommend some drinks for ya, cuz y'know I think I got the perfect drinks for y'all."

tumblr_inline_o2t07bhfXN1tvmy5r_540.png

"..."

Yeah. Winter didn't seem to be entertaining that thought.

Glynda, however, just sighed heavily. "Why not?" ....Of course, she probably wouldn't heed his advice, but still.​

"..."

"..."

"I was actually kidding, yeah. I mean the only alcohol tastes I know for sure are my own. And my favored stuff would probably knock you all on your butts for the rest of the night."

That was definitely far from surprising, likely to all present. "I think it's safe to say I'd rather not test that theory." After ordering a simple drink, with Ironwood following after, Glynda quieted down - likely waiting on whatever information they might get. Winter, however, who still stood tall and rigid rather than having taken a seat, was probably most apt to order something like ice water.

Assuming she ordered at all rather than just stand there alertly.​

Status
Not open for further replies.