Fins and Fangs

She smiled at him again more assured, "Silvia we usually forget our names since most of us are solitary creatures but I'm young compaired to my other kin and still remember my name." She fiddled with her fin on her forearm stroking the fragle skin, "What's going to happen next?" She looked at him curiously tampering down her fear of the two legged creatures he couldnt be that bad.

"Well, for the moment I'm going to go and see if there's any fishing boats at bay, or something else that's strange," He said and he pushed himself onto the other rock and stood up. "I'll be back soon. If someone finds you, there's a secret escape at the end of this cave, go underwater and you shall find the escape which leads to the ocean," I informed her and walked off.

Silvia nodded watching him, debating on if she should make her escape now; but he had saved her and the least she could do was try and repay him somehow for his act of kindness. She slid back into the water and lazily drifted underwater, her tail turning her and keeping her from hitting the walls when she got too close.

Walking out, I immediately spotted three fishing boats in the coast. "Aye lad!" I heard someone yell to my and I turned around to see a fourth fishing boat docking. "Yes?" I questioned him, walking boldly towards him.

"Have you seen a girl? Blue hair?" His worn out voice asked mischievously, and I immediately knew he was talking about the mermaid. Shaking my head, I denied so. "No I haven't."

Silvia fiddled with the pearl necklace she'd made years ago and floated to the surface of the water looking up at the cavern's ceiling it was something new and beautiful to her. The only cavern roofs she'd ever seen were underwater. She smiled lightly, she felt she couldn't hold that small bubble of happiness in, she started to sing softly. She wasn't sure if people could hear her from outside the cave but she hoped with a soft enough tone that she would be unbothered.

A low echo sprung up into my ears, but of course the fisherman wasn't capable of hearing it. "Now could please leave? This is private property," I ordered the man he ended up having a skeptical look on his face.

"How come there isn't any border in the water or a fence in the land?" He questioned me and I began to panic a bit, but then I remembered that I was much stronger than him.

"You don't need to know that, now leave."

Silvia let her heart lead the song filled with lonelness, happiness, and many other emotions that had surfaced that day. her hair fanned out behind her as she let the water drift her around letting all the muscles in her body relax; she continued to sing playing with her pearls. It had always been a way to let off any sort of stress or tension for her, though underwater it was harder to make the sounds she wanted to express.

The mermaid's voice began to grow louder until the fisherman was capable of hearing her. Shit, I thought as the man grinned, his disgustingly yellow teeth showing. "Oh really?" He asked mischievously and pushed me out of the way, and he ran towards the cave.

Since his body was big, he couldn't run fast and I caught up to him, and grabbed his wrist tightly, and pushed him back, his body falling into the sand.

Silvia paused in her singing hearing the thud of a body falling not far from the cavern entrance. In a small panic she swam to the back of the cave finding the tunnel that he'd spoken of and easily slipped through the tunnel her scales sliding smoothly over the worn walls; other's like her beings or other aquadic beings had been through here many times. She came out on the other side of the beach and paused; what if the man needed help?

The fisherman stood up with a struggle, but still managed to stand up. "Leave, will you? This is private property, you just can come in here and start doing your shit," I told him as I felt my eyes begin to change color, into their dark red. The fisherman's eyes widened in shock and fear as he mumbled out these few words:

"You're immortal."

Silvia glanced around outside the cave, she wasnt sure what to do; finally she simply swam back. She wanted to know he was alright, though she was sure he wasnt human, she still worried for his safety as he had saved her in her time of need. There was only one thing she could do outside of water; they didn't nickname mermaids, sirens, just for the fun of it. Siliva came back out the inside and dashed to the entrance; slowly she peeked over the rocks not wanting to actually get caught if it wasnt him.

I crossed my arms and gave him a bold stare. "Yes, I'm an immortal. Leave before things get any worse," I growled. The man immediately stood up and ran off to his boat, undocking it.

The boat moved slowly back into the water. Sighing, I walked back inside to see the mermaid peeking over the rocks. "Curious much?"

Silvia pushed herself up out of the water and grinned at him sheepishly, "I was worried for you as you had saved my life; I hoped you were okay and came to check on you because of the thump." Her tail trailed behind her in the water she surpirsingly had a strong upper body strength for living in the water.
"I guess I should wait for the fishermen to clear out before leaving?" She glanced out at sea seeing the boats drift not far from the shore line and felt the need to shrik back behind the rocks.

​I wanted to smile as she said that she was worried about me, but I decided not to let it show. "They're gone, don't worry about that," I murmured and looked at her in the eyes.