Find Me

Sydney just let the other conversation drop, for both of them. Maybe once she got to know her more she would open up, but not before then. Though it would be a lot healthier for her if she just let the feelings out sooner. But not now. A smile returned to her face when Diora agreed to let her come along. She would have something to do now other than sit around her apartment for the rest of the day. This town didn't offer her much places to practice her parkour so that wasn't an option anyway.

"Thanks for letting me tag along Diora." She wanted to express her thanks with a hug, but she wasn't sure if this girl was a hugger or not. Sydney has always been a hugger though. When she saw a genuine smile on her face her own just grew.

((Should we have them get picked up on their way to the polar bears? And which would you rather them get picked up by? The government or the mafia?))

(( Yeah, they could get picked up on their way there. What exactly would they be picked up for and which would make more sense? ))

"So, we'll be leaving tonight then. Spending the night there, tent and all. Kind of dangerous and adventurous at the same time, I hope that's okay with you." Diora picked up her hot chocolate again and took a few more sips, her hands more stable. She noticed the coffee shop was now emptying. She figured that people either had to go back to work, or back home. It was after lunch now. She realised her sandwich had been sitting there, only two bites out of it. She grabbed that and munched on it some more as she awaited the response from Jaiden. She was happy that she had offered to come, it kind of scared her. The idea of being out there all alone in polar bear territory. She wasn't really up for it.

"Dangerous and adventurous." Sydney repeated with a smile. It sounded way better than her usual days that have been so uneventful. This was just what she wanted too. Some excitement. "Of course it's okay with me." She could see how Diora was calmer than earlier, and she was relieved. With that she began eating her own sandwich, although she wasn't feeling all that hungry anymore. Sydney paid for it and she wasn't about to let it go to waste.

((SORRY! I've been soo busy and I just kept losing time to respond!))

Diora smiled and then finished off her food. "So, uh. I gotta go pack for tonight and make sure I have all the right equipment. You should go and do the same when you have the time... uh.." She fumbled with her thoughts, realising they didn't have any way of contacting each other. She decided to take out her pen from her purse and softly grabbed Sydney's hand. "I'll write out my cell number and my hotel room that I'm staying at for you, just in case something comes up or whatever. Just call me when you're ready." Diora giggled a little than put her pen away and grabbed her purse. She picked up the rest of her drink and then waved to Sydney before she slowly walked out the door. The wind picked up sending chills down her spine as she smiled on what had happened in the coffee shop. She made a new friend.

She allowed her to take her hand and write down the information, looking at Diora as she did. This person wasn't the first person she's made friends with here, but so far she seemed to be the most interesting. Sydney was looking forward to this little trip. "Alright, I'll get to packing up my stuff and I'll call you later." She told her before Diora left the shop, feeling the cold breeze from the door after she had opened it. It was time to switch these clothes for something thicker.

After finishing her sandwich and water, she left the shop as well and jogged to her home to help her keep a little warm. Once she was back at her place Sydney immediately changed from her her jeans to a pair of dark tan cargo pants. They were thicker than the jeans and she could feel warmer already. It was as cold in her apartment as it was outside. Her shirt was fine and she would just put on a hoodie or something. Sydney turned up the heat as she looked around for a backpack to use, and searched her apartment for supplies she would need.