Favourite way to travel?

If cost/time is the same, which way would you rather travel?

• Bus

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Driving

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Plane

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Ship

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Walk

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Train

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • THESE OPTIONS ARE ALL DUMB I WOULD RIDE A CHOCOBO

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
you have a journey to take. Let's say that (somehow) whichever mode of transport you choose, the cost, time, and class (ie, economy class on a plane) are the same.

Let's say it's a roughly 5 hour journey

Which is your preferred way to travel?

I'm voting train because train is classic and amazing and I REALLY WANT TRAINS TO MAKE A COME BACK. ;__________;

I've only done car and I've done plane when I was like four so I'm sure I was bored shitless. So currently car rides are my fav..... Although if my ass got the chance I'm riding that chocobo to the ends of the earth. He will be called Flappy Wonder Feet

>Buses are extremely unreliable in Australia (Sometimes during the weekends you have to wait A WHOLE FUCKING HOUR for one bus)
>Driving is okay...but not when you're stuck in the same car for more than 3 hours trying to fight off the urge to piss in the damn car
>I am secretly terrified of going on planes
>THE DAMN CURRENTS ARE SO ANNOYING THAT I KEEP SLIP AND SLIDE EVERY TIME I TRY TO WALK DURING A TRIP ON THE SHIP
>FUCK NO I AIN'T WALKING FOR 5 HOURS
>Train trips that long makes me sleepy...so if it's that long I may accidentally miss my stop unless someone is with me -cri-

Soooo yeah as you would've figured out, I loathe long-distance trips.

Which is actually ironic since I love travelling to different places...

DAMN IT WHY HASN'T ANYONE INVENTED A TELEPORTATION DEVICE YET???

I voted chocobo.

Of the other options though, I'm going to have to agree with Seiji, and say train.

I really love drivng. It's so calming for me, and I can vape to my heart's content. Also, I can be lost in my own thoughts, and the scenery is nice as well.

Car, because I'm most used to it (but god constant nausea) or train, because it seems decent enough.

Driving, easyli. Or in my case riding, since I only own a motor-bike.

Nothing beats traveling under your own power. Stop vhere you want, take a break vhere you want, deviate from the route to look at interesting things if you want... you'r your own boss.

But vhen speed and urgency is a factor, ofc I'd take the airplane.

I always really liked taking ferries. It's about as relaxing as you can get, and usually the ones for hours-long trips have restaurants or shops if you get peckish. I also always found the sea a combination of relaxing and exciting, and choppy ass water is fun.

Chocobo4life.

But I'ma pick ship. Mostly cause I can walk around.

I hate driving myself, but I love road trips. I would have had a ball driving from Florida to Maryland if I hadn't been the one doing the driving. I can't stand buses though, so if I had to pick between the two it would have to be driving.

Walk. For a school trip to DC/New York we had to walk so long that after a few days most of us chose stairs instead of escalator. It felt awesome to have that much energy. And then we had to go back to school and sit in a classroom for hours..

Other than that..maybe plane. I love the take off, landing, and turbulence.

And then maybe driving, but if you live where I do after 5 hours of driving you will still have not seen anything new.

For a five hour trip? Train. I've gone across the country four times on 3 day train rides. Hate planes :P

Trains.

Only been on one when I was much younger. Something about the rhythmic ch-chunk ch-chunk ch-chunk of the cars is super relaxing.

Aniway, for any in-city jaunts, I walk. No sense in wasting fuel.

I'm a walker at heart. Nearly every day I walk at least 80 minutes. (Takes 40 or so minutes to walk to my friends house, and that's not counting the other walking we do)

But for longer journeys, probably plane.

Plane. I practically grew up on planes.

I'd probably choose plane although I've only flown twice in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.