5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
We all have favourite theme songs, but what about the actual sequences? There are some that are so good that I actually watch it all instead of paying attention elsewhere

I do have these two that I find super fun to just watch. The first one belongs to Elementary (featuring a modern Sherlock Holmes and a female Watson) and the second is for Black Sails (a prequel to Treasure Island).

• Love
Reactions: Kitti and Applo
Definitely Deadpool. Though Treasure Planet I watched just recently and found the opening rather pretty.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
Firefly :3

Reactions: Applo and Greenie
The Game of Thrones intro is great. Fantastic movement, really interesting graphics. I love how they change which bits of the world are shown from episode to episode to show where scenes will take place in that episode.

Also I just watched Westworld last weekend and I love its intro as well.

I won't steal Jorick's thunder, but in my opinion GoT has one of the best opening sequences throughout all its seasons. I love how they expand the map every time :3

Otherwise, when I binged True Blood a few years ago, never once did I skip the intro XD I loooove the song so much and the way the shots are presented just gives a great vibe to the show.

Into the Badlands also has an amazing opening sequence, I love that kind of art.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
I really enjoy the theme intro to the Musketeers :)

• Love
Reactions: Greenie and Applo
Marvel's Daredevil: It's relatively clean and simple to look at but also has plenty of imagery and the music helps set the mood for the show

Not only do I love how badass this whole thing looks and feels. I also love how it gives you certain expectations about Vash as a character... all of which are thoroughly shattered when you start watching the first episode and realize that Vash is a goofball and a cinnamon roll. And it's hilarious to see badass-opening-sequence-Vash juxtaposed against actual-canon-Vash.

But then you watch even more of the anime, and you learn more and more about Vash's past and his secrets and the more serious side of his personality as a whole, until eventually the opening sequence feels... actually fitting for him, and the whole thing comes full circle.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'm usually too busy being "in the moment" for my brain to commit an opening scene to sequence, plus songs stick with me easier, but this is one I'll have trouble forgetting.

Aesthetic flair? Check.
Campy/10? Check.
Joseph Joestar? Check.

Echoing Daredevil, but my personal favorite is Person of Interest's intro. I love the way the narration subtly evolves throughout the series, and:
The switch from the line "You are being watched" to "We are being watched" when Samaritan gains power always gives me chills.

Yes I know the show is over, but I still didn't want to put an open spoiler.

• Nice Execution!
That is my favourite Inuyasha opening sequence as well!!! XD Especially when the Band of Seven pop up. <3

I love how... upbeat it is compared to how dark that arc really was.

I always quite liked the Vikings intro.

And also Westworld - as previously posted.
MadMen was fun, too.

And Bebop!

• Nice Execution!
Justice League Unlimited is and always will be my favorite. It's fun. And it has superheroes.

Not bad for puppets. xD

One Punch Hype

Seriously whatever they are paying the animators, triple it. The movement and flow is brilliant.

I second this. Joseph Joestar 4ever.

Echoing Daredevil, but my personal favorite is Person of Interest's intro. I love the way the narration subtly evolves throughout the series, and:
The switch from the line "You are being watched" to "We are being watched" when Samaritan gains power always gives me chills.

Yes I know the show is over, but I still didn't want to put an open spoiler.

Ahhhhhh!!!!! PoI <3<3<3<3 I can fan girl endlessly about that show, but yes! The opening sequence there is pretty well-done, imo, evolves with the narrative, and holds really the right tone for the series as a whole!

Another personal favorite of mine would be Burn Notice's opening. Mostly because it's fun and read with something of an... obnoxious pizzazz, I guess I'd say. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
All the Netflix Marvel show openings.
House.
Westworld.
Game of Thrones.

But also there's a special spot in my heart for Batman Beyond.
First cartoon with a really interesting opening I saw, I guess?
It's just so.... Different. Or at least was for the time.

• Love