Favourite Old Video Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arcadia

Original poster
Y'know what I'm talking about, Atari, Commadore, SNES, NES, all those famous consoles, as well as the classic arcade games Dig Dug, Pacman, and all the oldies but goodies! So I ask you, Iwaku! What are you favourite old games from any of these older generations of gaming and gaming consoles?

The first and second Monkey Island games for sure! :D (edit) Prince of Persia of course.

I never had any consoles myself, aside from a computer. But I loved playing Super Mario Bros as well as Duck Hunt when I went to visit my friends and cousins. Oh, and Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:
NES
Metroid
Clash at Demonhead
Mega Man Series
Totally Rad

SNES
Secret Of Mana
Final Fantasy 3 or 6
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Super Mario All Stars
Mario Kart

There's more I just can't think of them. On a side note the cover art for Nintendo games at times was hilarious to look at. Example:
d3dccf401c36c0f9632c23c719eb80f6.jpg

Reactions: LunaValentine
The Reimagining that's recently been released is fantastic too.

Streets of Rage 2 was my super awesome jam back when I first had a Megadrive.

Aaaaaaaah Yes! I remember going to the Arcades and just a bunch of money playing this fantastic Beat 'em' Up.

My first RPG and still one of my all time faves.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Does N64 count? Or is that too new?
If it counts I got some.

Still got my old Metroid cartridge for the NES. Also Super Mario Bros.

I keep a thumb drive with an Emulator and ROMs of them.

Grew up loving side scrolling shooters. So many from the SNES and Genesis years to recall them all.

latest

As frustrating as this game can be, it's still a hell of a lot of fun for me to play and has been since I was a kid. (Played it directly on the SEGA Genesis for a while before moving on to the GameCube and now my own laptop)

Reactions: Darog
I had the Mario Bros/Duckhunt game on NES and Batman and that was it. xD

I had the Mario Bros/Duckhunt game on NES and Batman and that was it. xD
Hell yeah! That was my jam right there.

Mario Brothers 1, 2, & 3. I loved them all. I still play them on emulators whenever I'm bored.

Reactions: Shiri
PS One Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Parasite Eve - Resident Evil 2 and 3, Final Fantasy VII, VII and IX, Metal Gear Solid, DinoCrisis

Probably Mario Kart. Older than that, I liked the original Sonic games on the Sega... not that I was any good at it mind you but I liked watching those who were good at it.

Thought of a few more. Computer games, this time.

Jill of the Jungle

Monster Bash

Too. Many. To. Name!

But here are some of my old school favorites:

260px-Super_Mario_64_Boxart.png

Mario_Kart_64box.png

latest

21571_front.jpg

GoldenEye007box.jpg

Favorite old games, eh? Let's see...

Wolfenstein-3d.jpg
Doom_cover_art.jpg
Duke_Nukem_3D_Coverart.png

Xenophobe_Coverart.png
Super_Mario_Bros._box.png
Joust_Flyer.png

The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_Past_SNES_Game_Cover.jpg
Bard%27s_Tale_Box_Cover.jpg
Legacy_of_the_Ancients.jpg

I grew up around a lot of old but extremely fun games. These are just a few. There are countless hundreds of others I played in my youth that I loved.

forcetogether.jpg

Shining force 1&2. So dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.