Favourite Boss Battles of All Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the final battle with Deathshead in Wolfenstein: The New Order because it brought back what a classic FPS boss fight should be. No bullshit quick-time events (looking at you, Dying Light!), just you with a bunch of guns versus your evil nemesis who has even bigger guns while you run around dodging fire and just trying so hard not to die.

Also, any boss fight from Serious Sam. They're all so chaotic and wild and fun.

Sarevok and Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 respectively. Both were great villains with fully fleshed out motivations and though presented to you differently, each had that sense of danger about them that made you really understand just why you had to overcome them. Both are a big part of why they remain my all-time favourite CRPG experiences.

I could also tell you about some of my least favourite boss fights (Looking at you, Dying Light!), but that would require a thread unto itself.

Helmasaur King, from LttP, And Stallord from TP, because spinning around a giant pillar while being chased by a giant skeletal dragon-goat head is pretty wicked.

Oh, and the broodmother from DA:O was pretty fun, as long as you had the right party and set up. Yawn, from RE, though I guess it doesn't have to be in some cases. Wesker in any game. There're a ton from Megaman games I could add in here, but the list would go on for way too long.

I have too many favorites. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.