Favorite Scents

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
We all have a favorite scent. I love the smell of freshly laundered clothing, old books, and the scent of warm vanilla.

Let's take this question a bit further. What scents bring back fond memories for you?

The sea breeze here has a distinctive scent that reminds me of only my home town and staying with my grandmother and summer vacations in my childhood.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Anything with cheese on it, cooking.

I just really love the smell of cooking food in general, but with cheese especially.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Yatagarasu and Hana
There are way too many scents I like, it's too hard to pick just one!!!

I love the scent of

- the sea
- the first snowfall
- greenery right after it rains
- frying onions
- peonies, jasmine, roses etc.

I'm going to stop now ^_^'

Frying onions reminds me of home, my mom, especially when she'd be up early and cooking.

Flower scents are always lovely, but the first two I mentioned remind me of my childhood house. We had beautiful peonies and my dad had bought me a jasmine plant.

The same could always be said for after it rains. I'd love opening the balcony door, sticking my head out and just taking a deep breath. :3 Same with after the first snow too, actually.

• Love
Reactions: Hana
Quite a few!

- The scent of tea, fresh brewed hot tea~ Especially black tea. It calms me down and helps me relax.
- Osmanthus, I love the subtle sweet and flowery scent.
- The smell of the air after heavy rainfall. Especially in the early morning!
- My mom's chicken stew / oxtail soup. They bring back some warm and fuzzy memories.

• Love
Garlic. Any kind of mint.

• Love
One of my vape flavors, called Bellflower Sour, smells amazing. It's a sour gummy candy flavor, and it smells exactly like that. Also, the cologne I usually wear, Mont Blanc Legend, is another favorite. Oh! And my girlfriend and her perfume. They're not scents I get to smell every day (distance sucks), but that makes them kind of special when I do.

• Love
In no particular order...

Anything baking or cooking
Babies (The smell of a baby is actually said to release endorphins and lower stress. Mind you, that's clean babies lolol... And i don't just go around smelling them, if i dont know them! That's majorly creepy XD)
My husband... He just smells really really clean!
Clean Laundry
Petrichor (the smell of wet cement after or before a rainstorm)
And weirdly enough, Chlorine and gasoline (i don't make a habit of smelling these ones tho lol)

• Love
In no particular order...

Anything baking or cooking
Babies (The smell of a baby is actually said to release endorphins and lower stress. Mind you, that's clean babies lolol... And i don't just go around smelling them, if i dont know them! That's majorly creepy XD)
My husband... He just smells really really clean!
Clean Laundry
Petrichor (the smell of wet cement after or before a rainstorm)
And weirdly enough, Chlorine and gasoline (i don't make a habit of smelling these ones tho lol)

This appeared in my newsfeed, where breaks don't exist. All I saw was: "Anything baking or cooking Babies"

This appeared in my newsfeed, where breaks don't exist. All I saw was: "Anything baking or cooking Babies"

*LOL* OH geez! I'm gonna get a reputation...

•The smell of new shoes
•Laundry with Tide
•Scented candles
•The smell after rain
•Fresh baked bread
•Carnival food

• Love
I love the smell of lilacs. We had a large bush just outside out backdoor when i was growing up and my Mother always had a vase with some in the kitchen that she clipped fresh every few days. They still remind me of her, and even moreso now that she's gone.

• Love
Fear.

Cinnamon. Sea salt. New rubber. Burning coal.

Cinnamon, Lavender, Peaches

• Love
The tears of my fallen enemies

And the sweat of fellow warriors after a hard day of training and sparring (surprisingly, none of us smell bad either)

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Hana and Dipper
I love the smell of cookies and cakes baking. It's so pleasant. And the smell of freshly dried laundry <3 I'm very picky about the smell of flowers but I absolutely love the smell of sweet pea.

• Love
Old books. Old vinyl records.

Reactions: Dusk and Hana
Lemon tarts. We used to have a tea shop in town and I always bought their lemon tart. Unfortunately they have since closed down and I can't bake worth a darn.

Dove soap smells delightful.

Matcha. I really have an obsession with this tea.

Incense. It's got that heaviness that old books have.

Vanilla is always a safe scent for me as far was waxes or soaps.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.