Favorite Scents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
We all have a favorite scent. I love the smell of freshly laundered clothing, old books, and the scent of warm vanilla.

Let's take this question a bit further. What scents bring back fond memories for you?

The sea breeze here has a distinctive scent that reminds me of only my home town and staying with my grandmother and summer vacations in my childhood.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Anything with cheese on it, cooking.

I just really love the smell of cooking food in general, but with cheese especially.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Yatagarasu and Hana
There are way too many scents I like, it's too hard to pick just one!!!

I love the scent of

- the sea
- the first snowfall
- greenery right after it rains
- frying onions
- peonies, jasmine, roses etc.

I'm going to stop now ^_^'

Frying onions reminds me of home, my mom, especially when she'd be up early and cooking.

Flower scents are always lovely, but the first two I mentioned remind me of my childhood house. We had beautiful peonies and my dad had bought me a jasmine plant.

The same could always be said for after it rains. I'd love opening the balcony door, sticking my head out and just taking a deep breath. :3 Same with after the first snow too, actually.

• Love
Reactions: Hana
Quite a few!

- The scent of tea, fresh brewed hot tea~ Especially black tea. It calms me down and helps me relax.
- Osmanthus, I love the subtle sweet and flowery scent.
- The smell of the air after heavy rainfall. Especially in the early morning!
- My mom's chicken stew / oxtail soup. They bring back some warm and fuzzy memories.

• Love
Garlic. Any kind of mint.

• Love
One of my vape flavors, called Bellflower Sour, smells amazing. It's a sour gummy candy flavor, and it smells exactly like that. Also, the cologne I usually wear, Mont Blanc Legend, is another favorite. Oh! And my girlfriend and her perfume. They're not scents I get to smell every day (distance sucks), but that makes them kind of special when I do.

• Love
In no particular order...

Anything baking or cooking
Babies (The smell of a baby is actually said to release endorphins and lower stress. Mind you, that's clean babies lolol... And i don't just go around smelling them, if i dont know them! That's majorly creepy XD)
My husband... He just smells really really clean!
Clean Laundry
Petrichor (the smell of wet cement after or before a rainstorm)
And weirdly enough, Chlorine and gasoline (i don't make a habit of smelling these ones tho lol)

• Love
In no particular order...

Anything baking or cooking
Babies (The smell of a baby is actually said to release endorphins and lower stress. Mind you, that's clean babies lolol... And i don't just go around smelling them, if i dont know them! That's majorly creepy XD)
My husband... He just smells really really clean!
Clean Laundry
Petrichor (the smell of wet cement after or before a rainstorm)
And weirdly enough, Chlorine and gasoline (i don't make a habit of smelling these ones tho lol)

This appeared in my newsfeed, where breaks don't exist. All I saw was: "Anything baking or cooking Babies"

This appeared in my newsfeed, where breaks don't exist. All I saw was: "Anything baking or cooking Babies"

*LOL* OH geez! I'm gonna get a reputation...

•The smell of new shoes
•Laundry with Tide
•Scented candles
•The smell after rain
•Fresh baked bread
•Carnival food

• Love
I love the smell of lilacs. We had a large bush just outside out backdoor when i was growing up and my Mother always had a vase with some in the kitchen that she clipped fresh every few days. They still remind me of her, and even moreso now that she's gone.

• Love
Fear.

Cinnamon. Sea salt. New rubber. Burning coal.

Cinnamon, Lavender, Peaches

• Love
The tears of my fallen enemies

And the sweat of fellow warriors after a hard day of training and sparring (surprisingly, none of us smell bad either)

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Hana and Dipper
I love the smell of cookies and cakes baking. It's so pleasant. And the smell of freshly dried laundry <3 I'm very picky about the smell of flowers but I absolutely love the smell of sweet pea.

• Love
Old books. Old vinyl records.

Reactions: Dusk and Hana
Lemon tarts. We used to have a tea shop in town and I always bought their lemon tart. Unfortunately they have since closed down and I can't bake worth a darn.

Dove soap smells delightful.

Matcha. I really have an obsession with this tea.

Incense. It's got that heaviness that old books have.

Vanilla is always a safe scent for me as far was waxes or soaps.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.