Favorite Fictional Creature

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a big Dungeons and Dragons players, dragons are up there.

But there's one that trumps even them for me; the ultimate challenge every high level DnD party dreads.

dnd___tarrasque_by_m0ai-d7woryf.jpg

The Tarrasque. In most DnD worlds, there is only one of these creatures, and it slumbers under the earth for hundreds of years before suddenly waking up to some inscrutable cosmic call and rampaging across the continent, leaving a path of ruin and death in its wake until some few brave level 20 souls put a stop to it.

Game-wise (in 5E), it has the highest strength and constitution scores possible (even the gods don't exceed those numbers), gets five attacks per round plus three legendary actions that occur after another creatures turn and can be used to attack (a twentieth level fighter can only hit four without dual wielding), is totally immune to ray and line spells (such as lightning bolt, scorching ray, eldritch blast, etc), has the highest number of hit points in the game at some six hundred, and can swallow creatures up to Huge size whole (to put that in perspective, only krakens, ancient dragons, the tarrasque itself, and a couple other specific creatures are larger than huge), and although this isn't actually in its 5E stat block, it requires a Wish spell to actually kill. Even if you bring it down, it simply fucking resurrects itself in 24 hours unless you use the strongest spell that can bend reality in any conceivable way to keep it down.

Besides being the strongest thing in DnD, I like the Tarrasque because it's a total force of nature. It's a primordial force that has no desire except to devour everything it encounters, possibly even gods if they dare to confront it (Rise of Tiamat has a stat block for the Queen of Chromatic Dragons herself, and she's at most only an equal match for the Tarrasque, and even inferior in some areas, such as hit points, the Tarrasque's 676 to Tiamat's 615). It's the ultimate enemy, and the undisputed ruler of the entire food chain.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Shiri
latest

:D

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
It's only missing the fifth elephant. :bsmile:
I didn't count the elephants.

Also, for some reason I read that as "fifth element" first.

I didn't count the elephants.

Also, for some reason I read that as "fifth element" first.
Lol ^_^ The title is a pun on that I reckon. It's a book by Terry Pratchett.

Dragons. I flippin' LOVE dragons. Any type of dragon, doesn't matter. If it's a dragon, I love it.

Dragon-3.jpg

Also, Drow. Because they're cool and interesting.

0d542d521dea8c4700ab6269be5024fc.jpg

jabberwocky.jpg

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

AKA: THE JABBERWOCKY! 8D​

Reactions: Kagayours
Motherfucking Tzitzimime are the hypest shit.

What's that? You're a quasi-benevolent definitely malevolent world ending horde of skeletal hermaphroditic star demons of charged sexual, charged aggressive, and charged pregnant, energy, representing womanhood at its most powerful and dangerous, mysterious yet sublime, part of all and yet othered and feared by male dominated society? Able to be both at once the embodiment of feminine wiles but turn form into the embodiment of feminine danger, the risk and the reward, the cycle of life and death? Legions under the terrifying cosmic entity Itzpaplotl, and yet individual enough that one once seduced a motherfucking GOD for her own whimsy? Female sexuality, drive, will, and independence given form both wonderful and terrible?

You are goddamn right.

They are resplendent.

They are grotesque.

They are beautiful.

They are horrifying.

They are my favourite fictional creature bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.