Favorite Fictional Creature

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitti

From unicorns to zombies, one-eyed purple people eaters and beyond!

Dragooowns. OwO

Dragons are cool.

Reactions: Drakel and Kye
Reactions: Drakel
3894143-billybumbler+(1).jpg

Billybumblers! They're smart, loyal, and absolutely adorable. <3

Undead ! Liches , ghouls, wights , Death Knights , Blood Knights , skeletons.

But not zombies :p

A nekomata :3

BigKilala.jpg

Reactions: foodforpigs
Reactions: Brovo
How do I pick just one? I'm a GM, I have so many favourite ways of murder and mayhem! Acid, burning, bludgeoning, stabbing, stealth, brutality, magic, SCIENCE!--There's too many choices!

Guess I'll pick my flavour of the week choice then.

Dwarves. Seriously, these fuckers. Let me give you a list of reasons why Dwarves are awesome.
  1. They're not those pansy elves.
  2. Steampunk dwarves drive thundering tanks. Tanks are awesome.
  3. Dwarves are morbidly obese in the extreme. WITH MUSCLE.
  4. Dwarves will drink your ass under the table.
  5. Dwarves are scared of nothing that doesn't make sense to be perfectly scared of.
  6. Female Dwarves are possibly more masculine than male Dwarves.
  7. Dwarves use axes. Not your pansy ass swords.
  8. Dwarves are vulgar licentious balls of rage and laughter. They're berserker happy meals.
  9. Dwarves usually live underground in giant smith-cities made out of lava and metal. They're metal as fuck.
  10. They're Dwarves. How could you not love them?

Dragons are legit. I have three dragon figures guarding my office and four in my bedroom. They guard my hoard. The best part is they come in such variety!

Also Cthulhu is love.

Reactions: Drakel
Isn't it obvious?

Dragons are best mythical creature. Eastern dragons are practically luck gods, controlling the sea and rivers for both destruction and creation while also being highly intelligent and often times non-hostile despite their tremendous power. Western dragons are a chaotic and powerful force of nature as it devours everything it wishes or takes the treasure of kings, and then their virgin daughters. Both dragons can fly within the sky, one with their great magical prowess and the other with powerful wings that can lift their large bodies to soar the skies. Both dragons are capable in literally have fire rain from the skies with just their breath alone. At times, dragons can be seen living within FUCKING VOLCANO! Literally creating great eruptions of fire and molten rock. In others they live within the deepest depths of the seas, inside a palace in which the rule and command the seas to send tsunamis or great floods onto the land dwellers. Hell, there is even a dragon of sorts who constantly grows and gnaws on the roots of the world tree, Nidhogg.

So yeah, dragons are best mythical creature.

Reactions: Greenie
Despite all the well deserved shit they get, I love elves. The Tolkien style wise hippies are the lowest tier of elves for me. I prefer elves that have active and interesting ties to the world they're in, not the reclusive and secretive kinds.

The elves in the Warcraft universe, for example, are pretty great. They have the longevity of elves but otherwise are pretty different from the standard. The night elves are matriarchal, including their warriors being compromised of and lead by predominantly women, and their strong ties to nature are largely fulfilled by their (mostly male) druids who do cool shit like turn into animals. The blood elves are a different breed entirely who in current times are basically junkies constantly jonesing for another fix of mana thanks to a historical event where their constant font of power was corrupted, and they'd been tapping into it so often that they'd grown a dependency without realizing it so they got all fucked up when it was taken away, so they're basically magical crackheads but still manage to play up the haughty and austere aspects of elven stereotypes. And then there's a third type, high elves, who are basically just secretive wizards and aren't super interesting, but at least they aren't hippies.

That's the kind of elf stuff that I enjoy. Races that can live a long damn time allow for really cool story stuff, and when they have other interesting aspects to go with it I love them.

Oh, and for more monstrous things, liches are badass. Way cooler than dragons imo. 8D

Liches, demons, dragons, dwarves. I love all these so much.

But I do have a favourite fictional creature....actually two, to be honest.

67987167939bc5200d989c3fc41b60996ee26648_hq.jpg

I just love the idea of a giant serpentine like beast in which you cut off one of the heads two take its place.

spice_mass_by_lukeoram-blog.jpg

I love Dune so much. Yes, including the weirdly paced and sometimes not good movie too. They also include my favourite Sci-Fi Creature second only to the Xenomorph; Sandworms.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I love Dune so much. Yes, including the weirdly paced and sometimes not good movie too. They also include my favourite Sci-Fi Creature second only to the Xenomorph; Sandworms.
Dune <3 The only sci-fi I like.

Dragons were the first to fascinate me, and well they've been around in fiction relatively for ever so it's somewhat natural for them to be a popular choice.

Aside from that, I wish the Pkunk were real!

PkunkComm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.