Favorite DnD/PF Stories

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is neither DnD OR Pathfinder (It was Scion) AND it wasn't something involving my character, it is still a memorable event that I laughed my ass of experiencing.

A certain Elendra was running a Scion campaign that I was in, as was a guy named Turt. Turt was playing a charisma-focused character, while his IRL girlfriend, who was also participating, had a giant pet monster snake. At some point during the campaign, after exiting a shoddy diner discussing our plan of action, Turt somehow ended up needing to roll to resist being terrified by the snake.

Upon critically failing, Turt's character proceeded to piss himself. After becoming quite flustered, Turt (the player) decided he had to make up for his character's embarrassment and essentially tried to undo the mistake. Instead, he critically failed again and shit his pants. Just... dropped the whole load.

From then on, Elendra frequently required Turt to roll to resist becoming afraid of just about anything, which prompted a good number of future pants-soiling events.

• Love
Reactions: chillin
Back in high school, I did a solo campaign for my best friend. It began with his elf fighter (in 3.0 edition D&D, no less) traveling to a backwater to find his family's ancestral Forgotten Realms-inspired moonblade (magic elf sword that has a bunch of unique, unlockable powers). It became a world-spanning years-long campaign that stretched into college, included battles and wars with all sorts of legendary creatures (dragons, etc.), thwarting a Well-Intentioned Extremist's plan to destroy the world, awesome duels with master swordsmen including a main archnemesis who went from Nobody to Nightmare, facing off/defeating/spitting in the eye of deities and eldritch abominations, thwarting an archnemesis' plan to kill and absorb the powers of other gods in a climactic duel to the death that raged across several planes of existence, and becoming best buddies with/main champion of Corellon Larethian (main elf god). Basically, we went from level 1 to level 20 and played up the epicness.

That same buddy of mine was part of my first Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rise of the Runelords, which I still maintain is the best of them all. He DM'd while I played. It ended epically, with us playing Final Fantasy 6's soundtrack for the final battle with the main villains, a centuries-old evil archmage. We actually never killed the archmage; he was simply too difficult to slay, so we Took A Third Option trapped him in another dimension instead. I made it a point to go from NG to N to NE back to NG in alignment throughout the course of level 1 to level 16.

More recently, I joined another friend's game. His group was pretty small, with some veteran D&Ders. However, it was obvious they were the stoic, serious crowd. So I filled in the random niche party role of "mage counter," wherein my character build is designed for crowd control and countering enemy magic-users. At level 1, I figured GREASE was a great spell for this while also being quite versatile. At any rate, I decided to roleplay a bloodthirsty, slightly crazy mage bounty hunter who specialized in hunting down other mages. Over the course of my introductory adventure with the group, I used the GREASE spell to inadvertently murder an entire group of local militia (by having them slip and slide to their deaths), framed the OTHER PLAYERS for their deaths by association with me, helped the party stumble upon a destructive magical phenomena that led to the destruction of the entire town we were in, made an incessant stream of sarcastic jokes, one-liners, and other inanities that I ended up Crossing the Line Twice on multiple occasions. In addition, I made the observation that a lot of the aforementioned disasters occurred around the other players, and suggested that I - as a bounty hunter - should TOTALLY hang out with them in the hope of potentially weaponizing their penchant for being around murder and mayhem.

In short, I played a Bioware nutjob. And the rest of the group ate it up and can't wait to play again.

Reactions: chillin
This one time in a tabletop game run by @Elendra I set a tower on fire while everyone was in it.
Then I had to jump off the top floor in power armor after looting a bunch of religious bling before the fire killed us all.
Later on we narrowly averted a world war. Or started one. I think we stopped it from happening, I'm not sure..

THIS OTHER TIME IN A SIXTH WORLD (Dungeon World hack for playing Shadowrun using Dungeon World rules) GAME WITH FUCKING @Grif ♥ , AFTER A FULL CAMPAIGN OF DISMEMBERMENT, FUCKERY, AND VIOLENCE.
His fucking Troll Adept in fucking rocket-powered Power Armor, Crossbones, caved my Orkish Ex-Cop on Tank Treads, Machete's head in with his fucking fist. All because half the party wanted to go through with the mission and kill Dunkelzahn for Rat Demons, and kickstart the apocalypse. Needless to say, that half of the party got killed and Dunkelzahn ended up sacrificing himself in order to save the world. In retrospect, I shouldn't have gone through with the plan, since up til that point I'd been abused by the crazy shaman/mage/person who had been taught by the Rat Demons.
Fun times.

Okay, good rule of thumb for any campaign, ever, in any genre: don't involve a baby.

My entire party, composed of a werewolf (me), a wizard, a Buffy-style hunter, a ghost, and a fairy, were all strolling through plot just fine, having a great time, weaving a good story, but as soon as a fucking baby got involved, the plot fucking lost it.

We ended up taking a young couple hostage at gunpoint, abducted the baby we were supposed to be protecting, I cradled the tiny babby in my big meaty dog hands while our party argued over what to do with it, and then I killed an entire cult of mages in a public park ten minutes later on really flimsy moral grounds because our wizard was an asshole and didn't go through with the deal he'd made literally the first two minutes of our 7-hour session.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.