DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
PLEASE DON'T POST IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. Say some variation of "I don't write fanfiction, BUT". That's okay, but we have another thread over here for people discussing fanfics in general and for making recs. This is basically a networking thread for writers and betas. Linking to/posting your fic requests or prompts is totally cool though, as is giving feedback on fics shared here.

2. Say some variation of "I don't like fanfiction" or "Fanfiction is dumb/weird/terrible". Here's my response to these statements.

3. Give other people shit about what they choose to write. Be respectful of other people's tastes.

Hi guys. Some of you may not know this, but I write fanfiction. And you know what? I barely know any other fanfic writers, let alone for the fandoms I write in. And yet I know there are a lot of fanfic writers and fanfic betas out there because look at the metric fuckton of fanfic available.

I can only conclude thusly:

1. People are embarrassed to admit they write fanfic.

2. Fanfic authors are unorganized as fuck and too busy trying to get their own shit done. This is further evidenced by the fact that there are no major communities for fanfic authors to network, just fanfic archives and blog sites- which don't work out if you're like me and hate everyone are reluctant to make the first move approaching people one-on-one.

So I figured, if there isn't a place where I can easily meet other fic writers and/or betas... Why not make one?

DO YOU WRITE AND/OR BETA FANFIC? If so, post here and introduce yourself, or chat with other peeps. Maybe request a beta or offer your beta services. Share your latest fic. Vent about your writers' block. Hell, review-whore if you want, I don't give a fuck.

red If you are going to link to a fic with mature content, give warnings and put it under spoiler tags.

Now to tag a couple people: @Minibit @grey987 @Kadaeux @The Classy Mog @Hades @Ash Mortis

(If you're wondering why I tagged you, either I've seen you mention that you write/beta or I saw your fanfic posted in Showcasing. If you don't want to participate in the thread, just ignore the tag. :U)

I write fanfic! I beta too, but I'm notoriously slow because busy life >.<

My work can be found on Author: Minibit | FanFiction
, but all but the last one isREALLY OLD AND TERRIBLE xD

Reactions: Astaroth
*shyly waves* Hello everyone. I'm Ash. I write fanfic for teeny things here and there, like the current RP I'm in. I also write fanfic for bigger things such as Homestuck and Naruto. I don't really post these fanfics anywhere. Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting some other writers and reading some of the things they have done.

The only thing I can really link you to is poetry and stories that never really went anywhere. That would be irrelevant to this thread.

Now to slide back into the shadows to lurk!

*shyly waves* Hello everyone. I'm Ash. I write fanfic for teeny things here and there, like the current RP I'm in. I also write fanfic for bigger things such as Homestuck and Naruto. I don't really post these fanfics anywhere. Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting some other writers and reading some of the things they have done.

The only thing I can really link you to is poetry and stories that never really went anywhere. That would be irrelevant to this thread.

Now to slide back into the shadows to lurk!
Hi Ash! Homestuck isn't a fandom I've written for personally, but I've read a good bit of fic/fan adventures like John Egbert and the Goblet of Sick Fires. If you don't mind me asking, what are the fics you've written for HS about?

I haven't written fanfic for a long time. I used to write Inuyasha fanfic a few years ago, but I lost my inspiration for it after watching the final episodes of the series. The site I used closed down, but a few stories were salvaged by another site which I still lurk on to read. Honestly though, if I ever do get back to writing the stuff, I'm going straight for Stargate. There is absolutely no decent Stargate fanfiction anywhere.

I really don't understand why fanfiction gets such a bad rep. Sure there are some horrifying stories out there, but I've read more good ones than bad ones.

@Astaroth There are just a few fics based on headcanons. For example, Dave Strider being transgender and John Egbert finding out, or Kankri Vantas not being able to open jars of peanut butter. Cutesy things like that. I was thinking of posting a few of those here and asking for feedback but... meh. I don't know. What fandoms do you write fic for? *is totally not reading through the fic linked as I type*

lololol I used to write fanfic way back in 2009 or 2010. I haven't really published any fanfics in five or six years, though I have written fics that I never did put out for others to read.

@Astaroth There are just a few fics based on headcanons. For example, Dave Strider being transgender and John Egbert finding out, or Kankri Vantas not being able to open jars of peanut butter. Cutesy things like that. I was thinking of posting a few of those here and asking for feedback but... meh. I don't know. What fandoms do you write fic for? *is totally not reading through the fic linked as I type*
I'd be happy to give you some feedback, if you want to link.

I write for Supernatural, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Psych these days. I've also written for some other fandoms, including Gundam Wing and Forgotten Realms and uh, I don't know if you're familiar with the Prophecy movies... and Inuyasha actually, a loooong time ago @Nydanna ;P Among other things.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
@Astaroth When I actually have it typed up onto Wattpad, I will link. Dankeschon!

I would loooooove to check out some of your stuff if you'd let me. What are your Supernatural ones about? Is it Destiel?

I was thinking of doing some Unwind fanfic, but meh. I don't think many people are actually into Unwind.

Hello, hello. Man, Percy Jackson is such a great series. I want to rp it, kupo. -_-

Anyway! I'm Kevin. AKA: Lykaon, The Classy Mog, You, Dude, and Asshat. I admittedly don't answer to that last one much, kupo.

My "work" is usually just roleplay, but, if I become particularly invested in a universe or project, I'll tend to want to write more in it. Thus, that fanfic you mentioned. Which is derived from a roleplay here, and my character in it. As it were, I've also written a few segments to tease and introduce the next chapter of the story of that universe, which, I haven't actually posted. Since they're broken up segments and don't really have a set story structure or chronological frame, I was, and still am, unsure if I should post that.

At any rate, my rambling is done. If you'd like to see any more of my work, I will gladly share it. Happy to be a part of this little group, kupo.^_^

@Astaroth When I actually have it typed up onto Wattpad, I will link. Dankeschon!

I would loooooove to check out some of your stuff if you'd let me. What are your Supernatural ones about? Is it Destiel?

I was thinking of doing some Unwind fanfic, but meh. I don't think many people are actually into Unwind.
I'm currently working on a "reverse-verse" fic where the premise is that Dean and Sam are archangels, whereas Michael and Lucifer are Winchesters. Castiel and Meg are also hunters, and a few other characters are switched around as well. It's an alternate version of seasons 4 and 5. There are a few different romantic subplots going on, including Megstiel and Dean/Jo and Destiel. If you like Destiel, I have a fluffy monstrosity that I can link you later.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@The Classy Mog *clings to Kev* kupo!

@Astaroth Please link me to the fluff. I am all about that life.
Do you have anything that you are particularly proud of as a writer?

Well, the first one is up. I'll provide a link here.

I'll add more soon, though. I hope you enjoy it, kupo! By the way, if you feel that you can offer any friendly advice, I would certainly appreciate it, kupo. ^_^

Also... *Is clung to...hugs and also clings...kupos*

Please link me to the fluff. I am all about that life.
Do you have anything that you are particularly proud of as a writer

Actually yes, one of my PJO oneshots that apparently is infamous for making people cry. XD

@Astaroth I want to cry. May I read it?

That sounded weird.

and Inuyasha actually, a loooong time ago @Nydanna ;P Among other things.
Inyasha fanfic is always fun. There's so many things that you can do with it, and since it is set in pretty much two time periods, AU isn't completely out of the question.

Hi there! It's great to have somewhere to talk about fanfiction where I know people won't be "Uhhh Fanfic is bad mmkay?" and all.

I started writing fanfiction when I was a tween, and it all started with Harry Potter. Since then, I've written for many different fandoms (books, anime, tv shows, videogames), but I post about 5% of what I write, mostly because I think no one will read it anyway.

Recently I've been writing AU fics shipping Aeris and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, because I'm shipping trash (and proud), and even though I don't post a lot, I'm always writing!

Added the second one, kupo. ^_^

As a reminder, it's here. I could also use any helpful advice anyone could offer. We're all trying to improve, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.