Fairy Tale Noir: New Arcadia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who still needs to work on their CSs will be given a week tops to finish them off!

Also expect a post from me or Hellis every one to two weeks.

If you have questions let me or one of my Co-GMs know ^^.

Oh. I should just write an appearance for Fafnir since I cannot find a good one. Also, Hellis, will Fafnir be backing the Fox (supplying him with all the money he needs for his...shenanigans)? Just asking since he can only back one Crime Lord.

Name: Detective Jeremy Gallead
Skills:
  • XCLBR: A custom model XCLBR pistol designed specifically for Jeremy when he came to the rank of detective. It fits to his grip perfectly, it feels like an extension of him, it seems to be his god given weapon to smite the villains of New Arcadia.
  • Lionheart: Some call it being just plain stupid, but Jeremy thinks it's just having a whole lot of moxie as he boldly faces up against anything New Arcadia throws at him and doesn't back down.
  • Clean Cop: Unlike some other cops, Jeremy's hands are clean and his conscious is clear. He can pursuit his duties that much easier without worrying about some deadbeat haunting him later or blackmailing him. People are just more likely to believe his intents are pure and work with him.
  • Chevalier: Jeremy often works patrol as one of the mounted division of cops. He has a way with horses and is quite proficient at riding them.
  • Devout: He is a devout Christian, serving his community and following the tenants of the church. It seems as if he might just walk in God's light, a little luckier than the average man... Or protected.
Bio: Jeremy was born to an upperclass woman by the name of Elaine Corbin. He was the illegitimate offspring of her and the cop Lance Gallead. While Elaine was deeply in love with Lance, the union would not have happened if Lance had not been in a drunken stupor and mistaken Elaine for his mistress one evening. Lance was furious about the night when he found out and was about to kill Elaine. When he found out she was pregnant, however, he held off. He did not have anything to do with Jeremy when he was born, though.

Jeremy had a good life. He grew up on a rich estate in New Arcadia. He was given everything he could want as a child. He went to school during the week and church on Sunday. It was a very uneventful youth.

Things ultimately picked up when he turned 18. Despite his mother's urging that he become a learned man and continue his schooling, there was a calling in his blood and a curiosity that needed to be satiated. He went to the NAPD's precinct and applied there to join. Lance hired him on and trained him as his partner for a time, making sure he would be able to work the beat on his own. Jeremy excelled at the job. He kept his nose clean and managed to put a number of crooks behind bars.

He worked as an officer for several years before he was called in by the chief. Artie promoted him to detective and encouraged a little deeper work than he had been involved in. The chief gave him a gift and set him on his way. Jeremy has been involved, trying to bust up bigger and badder criminals since.

Other: Jeremy has a family heirloom longsword hanging over his mantle.

Anyone who still needs to work on their CSs will be given a week tops to finish them off!

Also expect a post from me or Hellis every one to two weeks.

If you have questions let me or one of my Co-GMs know ^^.
Apologies. Haven't had any computer access until now and that is only because the boyfriend is out fixing a truck. Won't have solid computer access until Monday so I can probably finish it then.

I'm totally open to collab with anyone who may be interested. Just drop me a PM and I should get back to you near immediately if it's the weekend.

1a783687d1f50ca29faa6a6827d948e1-d3hy4of.jpg

Name: Lise-lotte Frost (Lottie by Shafira)
Skills/Traits:
  • Sight in fire: When she burns an object she can see it's history in the flames. If she burns an object dear to the person who last touched it then she will see the future of that person in the flames. Be warned though, it's just a vision. The flames can sway away from the truth and more to the wishes and emotions of the owner and burner.
  • Sheltered: She doesn't know a lot of the world aside from what she gets from the visions and what Shafira tells her.
Bio: Lise-lotte was born and raised in New Arcadia in a normal family, away from harm. Her parents had moved to this place before her birth in promise of a better life. This was soon all but a lie. More houses in their neighbourhood were left behind by "decent" people and more and more tugs moved in. They didn't feel save anymore but they didn't have the money to move again. So now they had to raise the child in a place they rather didn't have. When she was actually born they decided to not let her outside, it was much to dangerous in their opinion.

As she grew older the faces of her parents grew wearier and more paranoid. One day they went on their usual trip outside for food but never returned. She waited for them, a few days, a week. She was getting hungry but she stayed inside like her parents always told her to. It was winter and to keep warm she burnt her only book. In the flames she saw a young woman clad in flames. Intrigued she kept staring at the flames, only looking up when she heard something breaking. It were thieves thinking that the place was abandoned. In a panic she grabbed a blanket and ran outside.

It didn't take long for her to be lost, she was never outside before afterall. She settled in an alley hoping she could sleep but it was way too cold. Her shivering wouldn't stop. She got scared when she heard footsteps approaching and she looked up to see the woman from the flames. The woman hold her, whispered some words and gave her a brooche. The brooche was strangely warm and she soon fell asleep. When she woke up she found herself in a simple apartment with the woman watching over her.

They discoverd that she could see visions and decided to make up shop as a fortuneteller. In exchange for an object to burn and a bit of money you would get your vision. In exchange for a bit more silence would be guaranteed.

other:

girl_with_red_hair_by_geirahod.jpg

Name:
Shafira von Brandt
Skills/Traits:
  • Live from ashes: She has longlivity, good health and regeneration on her side. She won't be able to rise from the ashes but as long as she doesn't lose her vitals she will live.
  • Whispers from generations: The von Brandt family has a long history, every member is required to learn it. That means everything they have ever done. If a family member dies then their knowledge get transferred. Every generation has the knowledge of the ones before them.
  • Pledge of silence and protection: Any info that she receives will be kept to herself until her death. But in the end the protection of her pledger is above her silence.
  • Agility and combat: From early age she learned how to fight,as was tradition. It is more in defence than offence and she will only fight to protect her pledger.
Bio: Born in egypt from a pledger and a von Brandt made her a bit undesirable in the family. It was just unusual that a von brandt had a romantic relationship with their pledger. In normal cicumstances the pledger would give permission for the von Brandt to leave their side, wich didn't happen for her parents. Shafira's birth was then also unexpected but not unwelcomed. She had the von Brandt blood in her and that made her officially family. She would go along with her parents to the family gatherings and be taught educated like any member. From young age she got combat training and learned how to receive information from a dead family member anywhere in the world. Most of it was thought by her father and some of it on family gatherings. This was the only time that she ever saw other von Brandts aside from her father. Unlike other big families the von Brandt didn't have a leader, heir or any riches. They were spread out over the world, only connected by their lineage and their pledge of silence and protection. And she had to take hers on the age of 16. Afterwards she left to travel in search of a person who would deserve to be protected and to hold on the crest of the von Brandt family.

After 4 years she arrived in New Arcadia in the winter. While looking for a place to sleep she saw something moving in an alley. To her surprise she found a little girl shivering in the cold. Her heart reached out to her in sympathy and she walked up to the child. The little girl looked up and their eyes met. As soon as that happened she unconciously held the shivering child. In a whisper she made the pledge and told the child not to worry, she would protect her now. She handed her the badge of their family crest and the child soon went to sleep.

That happened 3 years ago. Since that moment Shafira has protected her from any mental and physical danger. Throwing out tugs and any disturbing people from their little shop and house. While also acting as some kind of sister or mother to the little girl.

other: Their family crest is a shield with a phoenix holding a scroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have a post tomorrow. I don't have work tomorrow.

I still don't know if my characters are accepted or not ^^;

Finished my CS. ;D

@Darog
I will make any changes to it that you might require. ^_^ Because I suck at writing histories and I really really need to mow the yard (...I don't want to T.T), I just took a history that I made for him back a few months ago and just tweaked it slightly. If it's confusing and/or you think it doesn't fit, I will change it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. Friend came over yesterday and blah blah. Hopefully will have a post today then.

Posted for Sebastian. India will be up tomorrow after a short bit of collab.

Reactions: Seba
I would also be happy to collab with anybody. Especially if they need their future told ^^

I will have my post up on sunday, adding another event into the mix, though this one will have a less "explodey" vibe than Hellis' :D.

Message me if you wanna collab, Abraham Hounds is free, who is a Fed working in NA.

Reactions: Seba
Status
Not open for further replies.