Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
- Invitation Status
- Posting Speed
- One post per week
- Writing Levels
- High/Dark Fantasy, Science fiction (Preferably the more earth or single planet kinds) Steampunk/Cyberpunk, Horror, Modern with a twist.
Fairy Tale Noir: New Arcadia
Fairy Tale Noir: New Arcadia
New Arcadia, a city built from the hard work and sweat of the Grimm Foundation. Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, brothers and creators of the organization wanted this city to be a beacon of hope and freedom for those who want the best out of their life. Overtime the city grew, attracting many more lives with its promise. Ironically it was through this that the promise faded. Unprepared with such rapid growth, crime flourished. Gangs rose up from petty thieves and soon huge crime families appeared from the darkness. Organizations built on blood and bodies in more ways than one they saw the city as a perfect opportunity to thrive. Snow White and "The Kitsune" have since become the major crime bosses of New Arcadia, but make no mistake, for The Kitsune has Snow White wrapped around his own finger. Nobody knows just where The Kitsune came from or even what he looks like aside from a few that have the luck of running into him. Sadistic and maniacal, Cruel and intelligent, he is definitely to be feared. All that is known is that the he doesn't bring order withing the ranks of the underground, but crazed rampage. As both of them work together, the city will slowly fall into their palms.
What they didn't expect, was "The Black Queen" someone with a vendetta, a "Vigilante" of sorts planning the downfall of Snow White and The Kitsune. She's still only one person against a criminal underworld run by Arcadia's two most powerful crime bosses. The Black Queen has gained a few allies for her plan, one of them acting as a double agent for her. Whilst The kitsune is not worried, he actually loves the challenge, seeing this as a chance to "let loose" and just have fun. Snow White though, she's more paranoid, since she has an idea who this Black Queen might be.
Whoever your character is, you are directly or indirectly effected by the growing hostilities within the criminal underworld. A detective? a thug within one of the major crime families?(Maybe one of the smaller ones instead?), or maybe one of the "allies" of the Black Queen?Who you choose will eventually be drawn into this conflict. Your personal story may effect which side you choose, or make you take a neutral stance and watch as the conflict sweeps through or maybe you are waiting for an opportunity either big or small? Whatever you decide for your character, he/she will definitely play a role in the larger story, how you effect it and how you "move" within the world is entirely up to you.
- If you do not understand please let me know or my Co-GMs.
Co-GMs = Grif and Hellis.
- Please be tasteful, we welcome dark, gritty twists. Just do not go overly shocking with it.
- important for both the Character Creation and posts. keep magic low-key! This is not about how you can summon a giant Eldritch Abomination or how powerful your collection of fireballs are. Think of it as the fairy tale's own spin on magic. Please PM first or my Co-GMs about any idea you have for a magic based trait.
- "Obey the Fox, his word is law" - Hellis
- You aren't just limited to fairy tales. Urban myths, anything to do with folklore east, west, north or south and hell, literature works like Wizard of Oz and Wonderland are definitely welcome too. All I ask is you give them an interesting spin.
- Skills and Traits are not being used as part of a system or anything of the sort. give a rundown on your character's stuff they are good/exceptional at.
- Please refrain from using gods/deities if you go the more "Myth" route. Remember; there's a ton of other characters with far more interesting ideas and such to use.
- Collaborative posts are key here, this allows you to continue your story without me and my co-gms forcing you into positions where you have to interact with someone. The world of New Arcadia is very dangerous, and wandering alone without an ally is a quick way to get you yourself killed.
- Have fun! and keep things civil ^^
Bio: (a Paragraph or two will do just fine.)
The Headless Horsemen, Beast and Beauty are off limits, as I will take control of them.