Experiments Unleashed

Kolyat looked around. The weak, the ungrateful, the attempt of leader, the second in command... It seemed that none of them had taken the time to examine his things closely, and as long as it was left like that, everything would be fine. Kolyat chuckled and left the room, no use for him to be in their little private party since it was notable he wasn't welcomed in there. Not there and probably neither in the rest of the village, but it wasn't like he was the one wanting to stay.

Taking a deep breath of the fresh air of the place, Kolyat stood outside the medical place and leaned against the wall. There was rather few for him to do, so staring at the people pass by was as good idea as any other. He was not going to lie to himself, he was pissed he was forced to stay in this place, but that didn't worried him. If he wasn't out of there in a couple of days, someone would come after him, and next time it wouldn't be just one armed rude Russian. It would be many.

Galen frowned at the turn in the discussion. <b>"So you're saying that something is affecting all of the creatures remotely?"</b> He tapped his chin thoughtfully. <b>"I know bees and ants have been known to show such behavior, as in a hive mind. But it's never been observed in higher mammals such as the Creatures. Perhaps some form of hormone..."</b> Musing, he briefly lamented that he didn't have a subject for experimentation; while Francesca's Creature technically qualified, she would never allow any sort of testing.

With a sigh, his eye followed the foreign man as he walked out. The language wasn't recognizable, but he only knew a few of the most common ones in this part of the world anyway. Though if he recalled correctly, the man's injuries had been quite severe, so he shouldn't be up to any major disruption for a few days, or at least twenty-four hours if he was one of those oddly robust individuals who seemed more and more common these days.

Francesca could only sigh as she watched Kolyat step out of the building. She cursed beneath her breath, holding herself together with all the patience she could muster. Turning towards Galen, she listened carefully to his take on her suggestion. One of Francesca's largest interests were animals and creatures alike. Her knowledge is what helped her to obtain and tame Cedric. She knew quite a bit when it came to these beings so his words hardly came as news to her. "Yes, I know. That's why it's so odd. For example, when Cedric and I have gone hunting for the past few days, he seems... afraid, almost. At first I thought it was just apart of him maturing, but when we witness older creatures having the same behavior and nervousness, it really makes you wonder." Francesca began to pace around the room, staring at the ground intently with her arms held behind her back. She was deep in her thoughts, plundering before every idea that came to mind. She was in a trance. "Maybe there is another village out there who have become barbaric and used the same techniques I used with Cedric but for the blood thirsty mutilation and control over parallel villages. Maybe the old world's government is still behind it." Francesca came to a halt and put her hands on her hips, turning again to face the crowd of people. "Any inquiry?"

Tuli stretched her arms above her head as she started to walk towards the healing hut. Her day had start early, like always, and now she had a break. She had been watching over the eastern part of the village, but now another warrior was taking over her place so she could get a break. They alternated often; what was the point of having warriors if they were too tired to fight or do their duties?

She had helped heal a few patients the other day and this was her chance to check up on them. As she neared the healing hut, she noticed that there was some kind of commotion going on and a lot more people in it than usual. And also, the stranger that they had found a few days before. Tuli looked at him, not glaring or any kind of rude stare, perhaps just a look of simple acknowledgment. She stepped inside quietly, noting that there was quite a likely crew taking up the space that she needed to get through to get to her patients.

Creatures were mentioned. For the moment, Tuli's mind was not on her patients. Something affecting the creatures? She looked around the figures and saw a new patient, one that was mutilated devastatingly on his side. It seemed that Robin was tending to him. A creature this early in the day attacking? The crew spilling out theories: maybe the old government was controlling the creatures or hormones were making the creatures go even more ape shit. Tuli shook her head.

"I don't think it's hormones," Tuli said, stepping a bit forward so Francesca could see her. Her armor was still on, but that didn't matter much. She kept her tone firm, but not condescending of Ted's idea. "I don't know what it is, but most of the creatures that can mutilate someone like this are fully grown. How long have we been here? It's been years and we haven't really seen a young creature since Francesca found Cedric. I don't think a few hormones would make them act like this."

"One thing I can tell you though, if Cedric is afraid of the others, then that means we need to be prepared. If this has been going on for a few weeks, then..." she shook her head again, thinking about what to do. "I think taking this to higher rankings is appropriate."

(( Wasn't sure if there were elders or a chief or anything in the village, so I just went with higher-uppers haha. If there isn't anything like that, however, I'll edit it. [: ))

After tightening her laces, Cailyn sat back up, just in time to see Francesca come back in the room. She crossed her arms, and listened intently to the conversations that were bouncing about. Francesca was right, Cailyn thought, there was something controlling the creatures. Especially the one she came across in the woods, she knew she could handle the beast alone if it had attacked for the second time, but that was that. It didn't. Creatures never attack and run away, it was always attack and kill or be killed. Cailyn almost gasped at her sudden realization, her scouting missions every morning were always on the edge of their territory. Which meant, the creatures have routinely tried to attack her but without any success, she always predicted their attacks from what day and what part of the woods they were coming from. On the day she actually brought someone along, Cailyn knew that there weren't suppose to be any encounters from the creatures. Which obviously was false, but she was so confident in her predictions, she has never been wrong. She has been doing these missions for quite a long time, and the rest of the village even allowed her to do them alone, because of the fact she knew the woods well enough where she didn't need any sort of back up. Ever since last night, Cailyn thought to herself, and it hit her. The strange man, injured coming out of the woods and suspiciously looking around the village barrier who she happened to thought was a thief and knocked him out. The first time she brought someone along, that unsuspected attack, it was all too coincidental. Was it possible, that that attack was actually.. for me? Cailyn stood up suddenly, her thoughts in conclusion. She barely caught the strange man taking a step outside, finding this the perfect time to discuss about their guest. She saw Tuli come in, and waited for her to finish her statement before she spoke. "Tuli's right, it's not hormones." She paused, gathering her words and thoughts together before speaking again. "As you all know, I do the scouting missions alone. Every mission I have done, creatures have attacked from time to time. I've predicted their movements well enough, to expect when a attack is going to happen and even the day and area of the woods where it's going to be. Creatures are naturally habitual, despite if each one is different in size, age, and threat." She paused again, and looked over to the injured man and glanced down, almost as if in some way she was showing her shame of not being able to protect him. "Coincidentally," she said in a calm but quiet voice, "I had brought someone along with me where I had anticipated there wouldn't be any creatures attacking today. As you can see, I was wrong." Cailyn grit her teeth, she couldn't stand hearing herself say that she was wrong, it never happened to her and this was the worst time possible.
"I realized, all this excitement we have been getting, which is surprising in this village, started when that man showed up. She motioned toward the stranger that was standing outside. "I have a feeling he knows more than we know and isn't telling us. He seems to be very fond of his belongings, maybe we should investigate it a little more. But I will talk to him myself and see if I can get any information from him. As for now, Francesca, I think it'll be a good idea if any of us go out of the barrier to have a warrior present, we can't afford anymore casualties." She finished talking, and was now looking at everyone else in the room, seeing if they had any opinion on the matter.

Kolyat was staring at the emptiness of the horizon and the shallow faces of the people walking from place to place like ghosts in the mist. It was clearly visible this place wasn't precisely 'Happyland', but yet again, neither was it the place he came from or the place he was supposed to go. "And all that is now...." Muttered him singing a really old song as he looked at his bandaged wounds. "And all that is gone...." As he took out one of the bandages he could see that the scratch in there was healing pretty good, and fast. "And all that's to come..." Sang him between teeth as he put the bandages on again. "And everything under the sun is in tune...."

Robin sat in silence through out the whole convocation. It was all a bit overwhelming for him. Their theories, and the sudden absence of his mother. He'd been swallowing hard but finally he couldn't take it. His nerves getting the better of him, he tried to exit as calmly as possible, but stumbled over his own feet as he sped up. Rushing outside he wretched, and vomited on the ground.

Kolyat was interrupted by the sudden, and disgusting, appearance of that weak boy from before. It seemed like his stomach couldn't handle whatever it should and was now wasting what it was a nice breakfast. "мальчик.... You really know how to shoo away people..." Muttered him as he walked away. Seeing people pucke wasn't one of his hobbies. Neither it was standing without nothing to do, but he had a mission, and he couldn't complete it without his belongings, that letter to be more accurate. But no, the people around didn't wanted to give it to him... At least they are not interrogating you with a car battery connected to your nipples, though him. Yeah... That would be having too much fun, and it seems around here that isn't allowed.

Tuli listened to Cailyn's explanation, letting all of her ideas seep in. The stranger...Tuli didn't know what to think about the stranger. She hadn't talked to him. No one really ever talked to him, and if they did, it was with suspicion or other crude tones. Then, all of a sudden, Robin had hurriedly exited the healer's hut and vomited. Had he been sick all this time or was he nervous? And if he was nervous, what was he nervous about?

Everything was very confusing at this point, but Cailyn had a good idea about having at least one warrior go outside the barrier with people. She didn't say anything or even move her head in agreement. She just simply sat there and thought that it was better for others to give their opinions first. If Robin wasn't back in a few minutes, maybe she would exit the building and check on him.

Robin wiped the sweat off his brow, and walked over to a near by tree. Leaning against it he wiped his mouth and breathed heavily. He eyed the area, hoping not to many people were around to see him embarrass himself. He was already ashamed of his body and his talentlessness, he didn't need to show more signs of weakness. But it was true, often when he grew anxious he lost control of his stomach. He mulled over what he'd heard in his head, bit by bit. He didn't want to believe those horrible creatures were anymore than mindless.

Kolyat was walking next to the outer walls of that village, trying to overcome his boredom with something, anything. But so far he had no luck with that. Was then when the whistle of a familiar kind of bird called his attention. It was something he was used to do, even knew how to imitate, because that whistle was from no bird. Kolyat looked towards the woods and replied to the whistle by doing the same sound back, and not a single second later, the whistle coming from the woods sang again.

Kolyat smiled and walked away from the wall quickly and with a smile. As he had predicted, his disappearance didn't passed inadvertent. Kolyat got behind a building and just a few seconds later a trail of smoke draw a line from deep inside the woods towards the wall. With a loud explosion, a quite big section of the wall came apart, leaving a quite big entrance for whoever to come in at its will. And so they did; a group of five men wearing old chemical suits with those cold war scary masks and military grade equipment walked inside, firing at everything that opposed resistance to them. Or whoever they choose was a threat.

In a heartbeat, the chaos was unleashed in that rotten place, and the only ones who were actually able to control all that awe where the same ones who were causing it. Moving like a trained group, they were even able to detect threats and react to them before they even happened. It seemed almost unnatural. Kolyat whistled again, this time with more strength. "Где, черт возьми ты был?" Asked one of the soldiers as they finally found Kolyat. "Произошел страховой случай. Давайте мои вещи обратно и получить отсюда." Said him as one of the soldiers gave him a weapon.

Shrieks came following the gigantic explosion, and Cailyn was gone in an instant out of the building. Dust billowed toward her, she rose her arms up protecting her sight as she squinted her eyes trying to see through the dust. The poor villagers, some injured from the blast bleeding were running toward her, trying to escape. Others weren't so lucky as they crawled, their legs lamed now, some holding their injured body parts and screaming for help. Her eyes widened as one was attacked by the strange men that had entered through the wall. Cailyn could only frown and silently mourn for those who didn't make it as dust cleared and her ability to see everything was perfectly fine. She reached to her side and unsheathed her sword, her eyes ablaze for battle.

Her hands gripped it and she fumed from witnessing the horror that awoke this feeble town. She glared at the stranger that the entire group was speaking of before and gritted her teeth, I should have killed him when I had the chance. Taking a steady breath, she broke out into a run heading to whoever was closest and ready to kill the bastards who had dare invaded into their territory.

She couldn't help the excitement that surged through her body, feeling her feet lightly take the steps, her arm tensing and craving to slice warm flesh in pure revenge. If she was going to die here, Cailyn felt it was the best way to proudly and respectably to end her life protecting this village.

The group was about to move at Kolyat orders again when one of those villagers he had seen before came charging at them. Bit yet again, those soldiers seemed to react inhumanly fast, they seemed able to predict things five or six seconds before they actually happened. They moved aside, avoiding her the best they could, but the only one who did nothing was Kolyat, who just grabbed her sword with his right hand, making a pretty serious cur in his own hand and side.

But Kolyat didn't flinched, not even whimpered or groaned. One of the other soldiers put a gun in her head, but Kolyat spoke before they killed her. "не." Said him. "Don't thing it doesn't hurts, beautiful." Said him as he got rid of her sword and tossed it to the ground. "It does, but you get used to it." Then he took a deep breath, and even if it wasn't specially fast, his wounds sould be seen healing themselves in front of their eyes. "Now, I just want my things back. Then, we will be on our way. Be good, and I may even explain you why." Said him with a smile.

A loud explosion followed by a few screams. Tuli quickly followed Cailyn but only until they were out the door. She scouted the area for what was wrong, for what happened. Five strangers were walking out of a giant hole where the wall of the village used to be. Where the explosion was, check. But the strangers were wearing chemical suits and gas masks that were part of the world before the creatures were developed. They had guns. Big guns. Swords and spears rarely won against guns.

There, walking away from the hole, Koylat had a weapon of his own. Cailyn was charging at him with her sword but Koylat had caught it with his hand. He was saying something to her, and then somehow he had healed himself, just like that. Who the hell was this guy? What were these 'friends' of his?

Wait. Koylat had been wanting something. Something that he claimed was his. Tuli didn't know what it was, she had never even seen it. It was taken from the guy before she even knew what was going on.

If only she knew what it is, then maybe she could think of a plan. For God's sake, was this really all necessary to get what Koylat wanted? She looked back to the masked strangers. They definitely meant business.

Tuli moved from the door and out in the open, not having her dagger in hand or anything. She could use her pistol on at least a couple of these threats, but ammo was limited in the village. If they gave her a reason to, she would definitely start firing on them.

Her eyes widened, astonished that the man stopped her sword in mid-air with such brute force. She grit her teeth, as the sword escaped from her hands. Damn. Feeling the slick cool metal on her head she straightened up and gripped her hands, staring into the eyes of the man that spoke to her. Cailyn calmed herself as best as she could, getting angry by the moment that all of this was because of his prized possessions.

"If I give them to you, you promise to leave this village?" She demanded of him. As much as Cailyn hated to let them get the best of her, her pride as big as it was wasn't going to save the village. She knew where Francesca had hidden it, present at the time. The problem being, it was deep in the forest, past their own territory and most likely where the creatures were most active at. Cailyn had a small chance of hope that the creatures were strong enough to kill all of these men, even if that meant she would die in the process of it.

Cailyn narrowed her eyes, "Well? I'll lead you to it." She glared at the man who had the gun to her forehead, "Now tell your friend here to remove his weapon from my head or I'll do it myself."

The man pointing at the girl chuckled and after a couple of seconds put his gun back into the holster. "Конечно..." Said Kolyat pushing Cailyn as the rest of the team covered them. By now, Kolyat injuries where merely bruises, having healed almost completely, which rose even more questions, that's for sure. "Don't try to trick me, girl. You can't even begin to imagine how important those files are." Said him as he looked at her eyes, staring into her soul for those papers could suppose the doom or be the salvation for the few humans who still walked the surface of the Earth.

It all depends in who's hands they fall. "Быть менее агрессивным. Они просто гражданских лиц." Said Kolyat looking at his men. "Come on, let's go."

Cailyn grit her teeth hard as she felt the shove and swallowed down her anger. She ignored the both of them, eying them warily before she began to walk to the direction of the forest. She glanced back slightly and saw Tuli hesitating on what to do. She made stern eye contact with her, a warning in her own way to not do anything. This wasn't the best time for any drastic actions.

Cailyn hesitated, stopping a bit in her tracks as she neared the opening of the forest. Her brows furrowed and her hands gripped, she continued walking. Those creatures are still out there, and we still have no idea what's controlling them.. I can only hope they'll attack on sight than any other possibility. She frowned, as her mind pondered while taking small strides to their destination.

They were getting deeper in the forest now as the overgrown brush made it harder to pass by in certain areas. The sun was disappearing as the large branches blocked it out, Cailyn instinctively checked her surroundings. Creatures were more prone to be close by, the area being to their advantage. They finally came across a clearing, and a large oak tree stretching out straight up, being swallowed up by the tangle of other branches.

She turned around to the strangers and pointed up at the tree. "It's in a hollow hole of this tree. You'll have to climb up to get it. It'll be an easy find, there's only that one."

Kolyat kept a close eye on Cailyn, having the feeling in his guts she was trying to lure them into a trap. "You know, I never wanted to do any harm to you or your little village. You can't even begin to understand how much is at stake here. We couldn't let those documents slip off our hands again." Tried to explain him. Of course, he knew it would be pointless; not only he had killed and wounded some of her friends, but was also a hard to explain issue.

Once they got to where it was supposed to be stashed the files Kolyat was looking for, he made a signal to one of his man, who began to walk to a side. As the shadows and few sun beams touched him, it could be sworn he began to vanish, like if his immediate surroundings cloaked him to almost the perfection. "There are too many things you don't know. Even more we all can't comprehend about this whole mess..." Said him looking at the tree. "скот..." Muttered one of the other soldiers. "Then we better hurry." Said him ordering one of his man to go retrieve the package. "We may not be saints, girl. But you can be sure we are trying our best to make things right."

Cailyn kept silent and crossed her arms as she listened to the strange man. She watched the trees and strained her hearing, trying to see if anything was coming. It was silent. Strangely silent.

Frowning, she glanced at the man who spoke to her. "Who are you? What's your name?" She demanded of him, staring into his eyes. She didn't know much of the outside world, being that her duties resided within the village at all times. Thus, giving her less of a chance to travel which she had many times wished to do. Though, she couldn't help her curiosity ever since she had found him that night. It was in her own respects that she didn't look through his belongings, but at a time like this, she wished she had.

A chill went up her spine, as she felt a cold rush of wind come through. The woods were still silent, and that was making her feel uneasy. She has never felt this on edge before, and knew something wasn't right, it was too unsettling.

Everything seemed flawless, a simple tree to climb, and Kolyat belongings were in possession of one of his men. "Too late for introductions..." Said Kolyat as he looked to the other side of the clearing. "КГБ!!" Yelled Kolyat as everyone get to cover and began to shoot at apparently nothing. Of course, that nothing turned out to be a group of soldiers that quickly outnumbered them, and by much. "вернуться! вернуться!!! пусть удалятся звери заботятся!" Ordered Kolyat as he spent all his ammo offering covering fire.

The familiar noises of those creatures that now wandered the Earth sounded closer and closer every time. This place was going to be a real mess real soon and they were going to be part of it if they didn't leave immediately. "Come on! Let's go, let's go!" Kolyat Grabbed Cailyn by the arm and pushed her out of that place, trying to do his best to cover both of them behind anything they could found.

Even if it could be weird, this was one of those few times the beasts could be thanked for their blood-lust, for they were taking the fire off them. Kolyat team wasn't too far from there, and as they ran out of that place they eventually found each other, finally stopping a while later. Kolyat was pretty injured, had a few gun wounds for having used himself to cover that girl and by the fact someone was firing at them. As for the beasts, well, those things loved a fight, and by the sounds at the distance, they sure had a nice one between their claws. "Hold a minute...." Muttered Kolyat breathing hard, coughing and spitting blood. "Damn, it hurts..." Said him as he stretched. Still, for someone who just had been shoot, he looked pretty nice.