Everyday Serendipity

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Serendipity
Serendipity
means a "fortunate happenstance" or "pleasant surprise". It was coined by Horace Walpole in 1754. In a letter he wrote to a friend, Walpole explained an unexpected discovery he had made by reference to a Persian fairy tale, The Three Princes of Serendip.

What are the pleasant and unexpected surprises or fortunes that you've encountered today?​

Got a grand piano in Animal Crossing. That's some good shit.

For a moment I thought you meant serenity.

Uuuuh... "No surprises in my home"...?

My alarm waking me up when I didn't want to be woken up.

My alarm waking me up when I didn't want to be woken up.
Is this serendipity in the meaning of a fortunate happenstance, which doesn't always have to be pleasant? :P

Reactions: Katori
Is this serendipity in the meaning of a fortunate happenstance, which doesn't always have to be pleasant? :P

You could say that xD

Reactions: Hana
I just sat down to reply to Hana's latest writing exercise this morning (before the power possibly goes - heavy storms here). And two new characters popped up. Salt and Steel. I think I'm in love with Salt.... So that was nice!

• Love
My sister casually told me that she is flying over next week to visit us and stay with us for a month. :D

My parents still have no idea because they aren't picking up their phone, so I have been giddy all day to drop the bomb on them.

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
My colleague surprised me with a falafel shawarma. It was yummy :3

• Love
O.O I changed my seat at work... and now for four hours I'm in range of a pokestop. :bananaman::confetti:

• Love
It rained. Rain is great.

• Love
Got registered for my GED prep course, found out that I didn't need to bring ID in order to do so, only cash.

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.