DISCUSSION Everyday Serendipity

Discussion in 'GENERAL CHATTING' started by Hana, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Serendipity
    Serendipity
    means a "fortunate happenstance" or "pleasant surprise". It was coined by Horace Walpole in 1754. In a letter he wrote to a friend, Walpole explained an unexpected discovery he had made by reference to a Persian fairy tale, The Three Princes of Serendip.

What are the pleasant and unexpected surprises or fortunes that you've encountered today?​

2. Got a grand piano in Animal Crossing. That's some good shit.

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  3. For a moment I thought you meant serenity.

Uuuuh... "No surprises in my home"...?

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  4. My alarm waking me up when I didn't want to be woken up.

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  5. Is this serendipity in the meaning of a fortunate happenstance, which doesn't always have to be pleasant? :P

• Like Like x 1
  6. You could say that xD

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just sat down to reply to Hana's latest writing exercise this morning (before the power possibly goes - heavy storms here). And two new characters popped up. Salt and Steel. I think I'm in love with Salt.... So that was nice!

• Love Love x 1
  8. My sister casually told me that she is flying over next week to visit us and stay with us for a month. :D

My parents still have no idea because they aren't picking up their phone, so I have been giddy all day to drop the bomb on them.

• Love Love x 2
  9. My colleague surprised me with a falafel shawarma. It was yummy :3

• Love Love x 1
  10. O.O I changed my seat at work... and now for four hours I'm in range of a pokestop. :bananaman::confetti:

• Love Love x 1
  11. It rained. Rain is great.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Got registered for my GED prep course, found out that I didn't need to bring ID in order to do so, only cash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1