Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Serendipity
Serendipity
means a "fortunate happenstance" or "pleasant surprise". It was coined by Horace Walpole in 1754. In a letter he wrote to a friend, Walpole explained an unexpected discovery he had made by reference to a Persian fairy tale, The Three Princes of Serendip.

What are the pleasant and unexpected surprises or fortunes that you've encountered today?​

Got a grand piano in Animal Crossing. That's some good shit.

For a moment I thought you meant serenity.

Uuuuh... "No surprises in my home"...?

My alarm waking me up when I didn't want to be woken up.

My alarm waking me up when I didn't want to be woken up.
Is this serendipity in the meaning of a fortunate happenstance, which doesn't always have to be pleasant? :P

Reactions: Katori
Is this serendipity in the meaning of a fortunate happenstance, which doesn't always have to be pleasant? :P

You could say that xD

Reactions: Hana
I just sat down to reply to Hana's latest writing exercise this morning (before the power possibly goes - heavy storms here). And two new characters popped up. Salt and Steel. I think I'm in love with Salt.... So that was nice!

• Love
My sister casually told me that she is flying over next week to visit us and stay with us for a month. :D

My parents still have no idea because they aren't picking up their phone, so I have been giddy all day to drop the bomb on them.

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
My colleague surprised me with a falafel shawarma. It was yummy :3

• Love
O.O I changed my seat at work... and now for four hours I'm in range of a pokestop. :bananaman::confetti:

• Love
It rained. Rain is great.

• Love
Got registered for my GED prep course, found out that I didn't need to bring ID in order to do so, only cash.

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.