Etrian Odyssey

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still here.

@R-9 Pilot
@chaosheart13
@Maxim
@Vivian
@ERode

With you five on board, and the party size in Etrian Odyssey games being five, that means I'll be taking the backseat and putting all my focus into driving the story through narration. If that's fine with everyone, I'll make a group chat so we can discuss world building and such.~

Works for me.

So many affirmations.

No worries, that's the last one. I'll make a group chat a little later (bit busy at the moment). In the meantime, you guys can brainstorm some ideas and such if you want. We'll probably recycle a most of the monsters and such, but if you all want to add your own, that'll be permitted. Likewise, we'll be in an all new setting with a new plot.

Now that I think about it, would you guys prefer freeform or dice based combat?

I prefer free form, with the results of actions determined by the GM.

Sounds like (mostly) a majority to me. Freeform it is.~

Argh! Missed this...also, I was looking forward to seeing what sort of dice idea you would have come up with that would fit into a forum based roleplay as I scrolled through the thread.

I actually don't have any experience with running diceplays, haha.

...Probably best to go with freeform then.

The only alternative I can think of off the top of my head, for the sort of "feel" of an EO game, is going really hardcore on running AD&D or a retroclone thereof, and that's a fair bit of work.

Reactions: Aois
Status
Not open for further replies.