Eternal War Saga: Awakening|IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshi's laughter came to an abrupt stop as he became of a low rumbling sound, that was quickly raising in intensity, before becoming a monstrous roar. The entire school building seemed to visibly shake, as the deafening roar continued. He covered his ears, the sound was too much to handle, feeling as if it would go on forever. And then just like that it stopped -- the entire building was filled with a tense silence. Yoshi's mouth flapped open, trying to think of something to say but failing.

What the fuck was that?

Suddenly a piercing scream could be heard, as if in response to the first one. Yoshi watched frozen, as their small group took off in the direction of the roar. He was in complete disbelief, why would they go TOWARDS what sounded like someone getting horribly murdered. Were they stupid? No one in their right mind would rush into what seemed like obvious danger like that. Yoshi let out a small laugh, "And you're the dumbest out of all of them.", he muttered to himself before taking off after the group in the direction of the scream.

It wasn't hard to catch up despite their head start, not that he'd expected it to be. He hung at the back of the group, raising his voice loud enough to be heard as they ran. "Not my idea. Just gonna put that out there in case we end up dying."

Knocking one of their leader down, everything seems to settle into their own. Danzo usually has fought several underclassmen after class. These second years were a lot weaker and average than the first years he fought a few days ago. Danzo starts dusting off his shoulders feeling his own misfortune. "sons of a bitch" making him late for practice, even trying to let out his anger go, Danzo grew annoyed and they have been playing like children.

The remaining lot was laying on the floor, stained in his spit. The first one was kneeling down on his bruised knees. Danzo's carelessness looked away and headed for their half-assed leader. The one who badmouthed his father. Reaching his face, he stomps his nose with his dirty sole.

"You... You... Shithead!"

Danzo knew he could run off instead. Even how many there are, he should have played it seriously. Now he is late for a training session. Twenty down, five minutes late.

While noticing the moon changed its color, somehow a chill was felt down his spine. For some reason, he doesn't know what is going on with the school. Everything he felt was different. As if he was in some different dimension. Two things he felt was dark and mysterious.

For a brief moment, a slight rumble was felt under the earth. Danzo couldn't hear the scream, he was out near the gates. Until he felt so curious, he strolled his way looking around for the cause. Not even knowing where it came from. He wants to know what actually happened.

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Cade Tormod, green, solid, 8, stencil]
Catching the card as it flew in a breeze, Cade took it in his hand and looked at the back cover before flipping it over to see the front.

Death, huh? I shouldn't be too surprised.

And as he looked at it, a brief spark of light came from the card, reminding him of that glow from earlier...

"Is this the place?"

Cade spoke in plain English as he walked down the path, rubbing his eyes as he was still somewhat jet-lagged, meanwhile the dragon hiding himself from all mortal sight. The grey-scaled giant rendered himself miniscule enough to perch on the seer's shoulders. Puffing smoke from his nostils, the dragon spoke telepathically to the human with a gravelly, sage voice that felt like it could rip the heavens if it wanted to.

"Yes, Cade- this is the place. An old friend of mine who owes me a few favors lives here."

"An old friend? Who exactly lives here?"

"You will see. He fights in a way similar to you, but he hasn't used a blade in a long time."

"So he uses magic, then."

"Yes. He is what you humans call 'ayakashi'- a good spirit. Or, perhaps it is a spirit that chooses to be good? The East has such strange lore to me, at times."

"Got it. So does he live inside the temple?"

"Somewhat. He disguises himself as a tame cat and chases away youkai and mice that slip past the komainu. Here, go to the left."

The American did as he was told, especially as he saw the great lion-dogs began to move from their perches to do their nightly rounds out of the sight of the human priest and his family. Before taking the steps that would bring Cade past their pedestals, Albion had the human take another sharp hand, telling him to follow the small wall and keep a hand on it, Cade doing so until he almost slipped through a portion of it. The human, alarmed, jumped back until a small sword poked through the illusion, a very traditionally-dressed figure stepping through as a single tail waved behind it, a veil attached to a takuhatsugasa hat obscuring the miniscule figure's face.

"Who are you that has found my home?"

The dragon chuckled, looking to the being as he snorted fire, his throat rumbling as he met the Japanese spoken to him, Cade switching to the eastern language mentally.

"Is that any way to great an old friend, Fusao?"

"Albion?"

"One and the same."

"And this human can see us?"

"Yes. He is one of them."

"I see."

Removing his hat, the feline's orange and emerald hues examined the human, poking him before smirking in a most mischievious fashion before bowing, which Cade reciprocated.

"Well, well, come inside! I've prepared some green tea, and I haven't had guests in a while."

Crouching down and entering the hidden room, Cade looked around as he found himself in what appeared to be an old-fashion tea room lined with tatami mats. Being respectful, Cade removed his shoes and placed them next to the cat spirit's sandals. Unable to keep his tongue bit, he opened his mouth to speak, but the pleasingly soft and wizened tenor of the cat spirit spoke up.

"I suppose, young human, what magic allows this? While only humans sensitive to magic can feel the door, it feels like a wall to all others. It is a youkai magic known as 'pockets.' We can make nice little places for us to live so long as we live in harmony with our surroundings. Many pockets connect to both the human world and to other pockets and spirit worlds."

Dumbfounded, Cade spoke up, nodded.

"You're a bakeneko, right?"

"That's correct."

"Albion brought me here because he said something about making a pact with you."

The cat spirit looked to the dragon who, while still miniscule, was drinking from a bowl of the offered green tea whilst the American drank some to be polite. With a sigh, the spirit spoke up.

"You know I don't fight much anymore."

"The boy needs more guidance than I can give. You won't need to enter much combat."

"...I do this only because I owe you much."

"Thank you, my friend."

The bakeneko then approach the human, putting a paw on his hand as a bright glow passed between the two of them. Rubbing his eyes, the human looked to the spirit and then back at his hand before speaking up.

"What did you just do?"

"I made a pact with you. Call my name, 'Fusao,' and I will appear by your side."

The remainder of the night was filled with pleasant conversation and some training, but still managed to end in disaster as a desperate American climbed into a tree for about half an hour after the lion-dogs smelled the ghostly cat on his person until he could make his escape and return to his apartment.

Rubbing his eyes and shaking his head and speaking in Japanese with a sigh.

"Here you go- this is yours, isn't it?"

And then, feeling the ground shake, he popped his neck, something telling him to rush towards the source, but not before grabbing the girl's wrist and helping her to stand and before moving to run towards it.
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: BradokUnbound
"Better get going. Huuu." [ @BradokUnbound ]

Hehe... Is he talking to himself? That was kinda unlike someone like him. N-Not to judge though, just didn't expect for him to speak out loud like that. The way he looked at me earlier, he probably thought I was stupid. I really need to stop doing those little bloop noises in general, it's almost really childish-Oh schnitzel he's turning to me- He knows! He knows!

Her thoughts were scattered at the chaos abruptly ensuing in the area. The can of soda in her hand fell at the roar in the air, shaking the land like a... Whatever shakes really, really hard. Chihara fell herself before things suddenly calmed down. With the large, hideous noise of electricity burning out, the street lights left them in impenetrable darkness. Chihara felt all hairs in her body standing on end at the scream as she raised up and dusting her behind off, this didn't feel good.

"Uhm!" Chihara was hopping about in place. Her body said it's time to leave, but her heart said to help whoever was screaming like that. "We should go- Go see I mean! Maybe... There's a wild animal...!" She couldn't describe the roar anymore than that. "It was this way, c'mon, hurry!" Chihara wasn't even sure what made her so in a hurry to get there, but she had to at least witness what was going on, so she left with the wind in her curly hair and her hands tightly clenched.

YC High: En-route To Scream
Everything was quite now. The only sound filling the air were the footfalls of Rei and his female counterpart as they raced towards the sound they'd heard. It was strange, and wholly out of character for Rei, to rush towards potential danger. He might not be what some what call a coward by any degree, but he was certainly not brave. So why had he been so urged forward by this instance? Perhaps the worry in the girl's voice had made him tag along. It could have been that, but something else was nagging him. A feeling building in his chest. Something inside, telling him this whole event was wrong.

"Do...ah...you think it's really an animal?" Rei managed to work out through bated breathes. "It was just...really loud." Coming around the corner where the courtyard opens into the sports-field, they could hear it. A sickening crunch. The sound of meat and bone tearing. Rei stopped. His eyes wide. Cold sweat running down his face. His stomach turned prompting him to fight the urge to vomit. "Wh....what the hell is that thing!"

6e5aa46a5f4415cb3a68980b8977b263.jpg

From a distance one could have mistaken it for a person. Only when as close as Rei was now would it's true nature revealed. Pale skin, a hue akin to ash, covered it's body. It's ears were elongated and came to a sharp point. Then there were it's claws, jutting out of it's fingers like knives. Those matched only by the razors in it's gaping maw. Worse of all though, was the blood. It ran down it's body, pooling on the ground at it's feet. Each time it's flow would renew when the creature sunk it's teeth into the severed arm in it's grasp. Now only faintly resembled the other attached to the mangled body of the young girl at it's feet.

Jun was pushing himself well past his limits. The harsh gasping of his breathing, the periodic thud of his feet on the floor, the occasional bang of a door swung open; the world had been reduced to these three constants as he struggled onwards. He was vaguely aware that other people were also running in the same direction, but how many of them and how far he couldn't say. Sweat stung in his eyes as he reached the door to the outside, throwing it open and gratefully gasping in cool, fresh air to sooth his aching lungs. Even then, he was casting his sight around, looking for any sign of a struggle. A faint figure could be seen out on the sports grounds. Jun couldn't believe his luck. Not only had the kidnapper struck again, it seemed as though they were still here. Still, he had to be sure. Calling the police for what could be the groundsman was a sure fire way to get accused of wasting police time. He set off running again, more gingerly this time, wincing as sore muscles were forced into service again and still frantically trying to gulp down air.

As he got nearer, the first thing that struck him was the smell. A faint metallic whiff, with almost a hint of sweetness to it, caught in his throat, causing him to retch and gag. His body seemed to automatically try to reject the odour, even though it was his first time encountering it. As he struggled closer, he could hear crunching and tearing. His mind began to make unwelcome associations with werewolves, vampires, cannibals and several other horror-movie tropes. Maybe it was just a dog enjoying a piece of meat left out. Jun fervently convinced himself that this was the case, while creeping forward, feeling as though the base of his stomach had just dropped out.

The sight of the reality of the situation was straight out of the most terrifying and feverish nightmares he had tormented himself with on the way over. The dark mockery of man - fanged, clawed and slathered in the blood of the small girl who lay at its feet. Jun was struck motionless, the only movement a shivering tremor that spread through his whole body. He'd never seen the scene of a murder in person, let alone to be there when the supernatural killer was still around...eating...

A wave of nausea racked Jun's body, enough to spur him out of his trance. Scrambling backwards, he rolled over and heaved, emptying the contents of his guts. Pale faced, trembling, sweating, he staggered back a few more steps on trembling legs, before collapsing to the ground once more. Anyone who came near would hear a nigh incomprehensible murmur from him.

"It'snot...It can't, what even, how? Why?"

She slipped through the doors that Jun opened, pushing it open a bit more so it wouldn't close on the other two boys that followed the origin of the sound. Her lungs were burning and she tasted what could only be described as iron in the back of her throat. Sweat dripped down her eyes, and she stopped for a second to catch her breath with her hands on her knees. The air was cool as they stepped outside and as straightened herself, her eyes fell upon the blood moon gradually rising to the sky. There was an eerie silence added to the moon's strangeness, and everything seemed to just freeze. At that moment Oka felt like her, along with the boys that followed the trail of the noise, were the only inhabitants of this world. Nothing else existed, it was just them, and whatever was on the other side of the roaring. Life itself ceased to exist, and for a second Oka wondered if they were still on Earth.

What in the hell is this blood moon...

She snapped out of the trance when she heard heaving coming from up ahead. Everyone rushed past her as she examined the moon and all its strangeness. She looked ahead to where all the heaving was coming from, her heart was racing but this was no longer the thrill of adrenaline, it was fear. She walked towards where the sound of the gagging came from, and her stomach dropped at the smell. She couldn't describe it, but it was strong, like rotten flesh. Then as she finally came upon Jun, who was vomiting and the other boys, she covered her mouth and tears streamed down her eyes.

Her green pupils dilated, and her knees grew weak at the sight of the animal-no, not animal. That was no animal, it was a monster. It gnawed at the pale arm, with great big bites, ripping out chunks of flesh and chewing with an unquenchable desire for more. Now, Oka was sure this wasn't Earth. This couldn't be her home. This couldn't be Yoshaka! She refused to believe so, any second now she would wake up from this terrifying dream. Her mom didn't have cancer, her brother was still captain of the wrestling team, her father was still a mechanic, and she would still be happy. She closed her eyes, ready to wake up from this nightmare. I'm dreaming...I'm dreaming...

Her eyes opened, and the blood moon was still there accompanied by Beast that chomped on the bones of his victim. Jun was on the floor, mumbling nonsense, but she didn't pay any mind. Her eyes remained glued on the monster and the corpse of what used to be a girl in front of him.

I'm not dreaming...

She felt dizzy, and leaned against Masaru to keep her balance. The tears continued to roll down her cheeks and her breathing became panicked, "What is that thing..." She spoke practically to herself, giving no one time to answer as she repeated, "What the hell is that thing!"

An earth-shattering rumble, a feral roar. It felt like something out of a movie, Jurassic Park maybe - no animal was that loud, surely? Yet it didn't sound like it could be anything else - it didn't have that certain quality to the sound that speakers did. Was it an elaborate hoax, or... there was only one way to find out.
Haruto had been jogging along a rooftop, not yet far from the school. The sound had come from quite close to the school, so most of the route there involved retracing his steps - easy enough, mostly. He split off when he came closer, and dropped to the ground using a shorter building with a solid patio roofing to lessen the fall, rolling as he hit the ground.
As he neared the source of the sound, he saw two boys and one girl had already gotten there. One guy was on the floor, vomit spread on the ground in front of him. The other looked ready to do the same, but he still stood, the girl leaning on him. He recognised the first and second from the corridor, and the second boy just from around the school. All of them seemed coloured green - no surprise, if they were this ill, and he didn't have much mental space to consider that right now anyway.
"What the he-" Haruto began, stopping as he heard a loud crunch. He looked further, past the three. In the slight red tint, there stood something tall and grey, covered in blotches of red. Looking closer... Haruto didn't understand. A...man? Dark skin, long claws, a huge frame, and glowing red eyes. Feasting on a human arm, belonging to... oh god. he thought. Belonging to the girl beneath him, motionless, blood spurting out. She must've been dead by now - her entire arm had been torn off at the shoulder, and they hadn't gotten here quick enough that she'd survive even with the best medical care.
Haruto almost stood there as motionless as the others, muttering along in confusion, horror and terror. Almost.
Reaching out, he grabbed the collars of the boy on the floor and the girl, hoping to shove the standing boy with the girl's body.
"MOVE!" He shouted as he pulled, hoping to take them with himself to run, away from the horrific beast that stood before them.

Cade's running soon took him to the rear of the small group in front of him, silently stopping as he caught sight of the beast. His heart was already pumping but he slowed his breathing as his hood hung off of his jacket, attempting to calm himself as his mind raced. It was a monster- and it was feasting on human flesh! If the American hadn't been paired with a dragon for long, it would have startled him into a sort of paralysis.

Thinking and thinking, it took him a few moments before he knew what to do. He turned around and raised his arm, trying to focus on the glow he remembered, shouting out the name as it came to his mind.

Fusao! Come out, I need your help!

Soon enough, a small glowing circle appeared on the floor as the cat samurai walked through, panting as he held a regular sized katana, tossing it to Cade before changing his form, speaking to the American through his mind.

Albion's taught you how to use a sword hasn't he?

Y-yeah, he's been teaching me how to use a longsword.

Close enough- put that on your hip and do as I say! It won't hurt any humans so long as you do as I tell you.

Cade nodded, taking what he was given and lifting up his jacket to expose his belt, tying a large knot to attach the scabbard to his left side before doing as he was told. First, he used his index finger to trace the guard, then gripping the hilt beneath the guard and pulling it out, running his finger along the edge as he did so. He then raised it high and gripped the bottom of the hilt with his left hand as the cat spirit placed himself between the two human women so he could have a good vantage point, the feline narrowing its eyes as it gave Cade his next directions.

Now go! Aim for the head or the heart and end it.

Gritting his teeth, Cade lowered the blade and brought it into his body as he ran around the group to charge the monster at a different angle than the other boy who charged at it, raising the blade higher in the air as he performed a diagonal slash as soon as he was within range of the monster itself, snarling as he tried to keep in his disgust and churning insides.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Reactions: BradokUnbound
YC High: Sports-field
There was a twitch. Widening eyes now glaring at the motley band of onlookers. The arm in it's grasp dropped. An erratic shift brought the full brunt of the creature lurching forward. Rei was frozen. He heard the gasps and shouts of others echoing in the far reaches of his mind. His vision had dulled, turned cloudy and unclear. In his peripheral vision he saw someone dash towards the monster. "No...no...no...no!" Was all he could think. Rei couldn't will his body to run, there was no way he could do so to fight.

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

The monster opened it's mouth and let another sordid yell race across the school grounds. Yet this time the sound was not alone in it's assault. A blast, a wave, of unseen force flooded outward. It struck those gaping at the creature before them, sending all reeling in it's wake. Rei had not known what happened to him until he realized he was now staring upward towards the night sky instead of the horror unfolding ahead. The move slowly filling his gaze. It seemed to grow brighter. Then Rei felt it.

A seering pain in his chest. An awful grief burning itself into his skin. "Ah...Ahhhhh!" He cried. "What! It burns!" incoherent grunts and cries followed as the young boy sprang to his knees and began clawing at his shirt. When his fingers finally found the buttons of his shirt the pain had already peaked. Rei ripped his clothing apart just in time to see the last vestige of a red glow fade. In it's wake, only a strange scar remained.

ENO

Lazing around in your own private mansion without any significant opportunities to play
outside didn't quite leave room for stamina training. So it was understandable for Eno to immediately
run out of breath after four seconds of sprinting. He bounded a significant distance however, and
through that four seconds, he covered a lot of ground to catch up with small group, albeit barely.

He was breathing heavily by the time he finally made it, sweat droplets already forming and snaking
down his neck. The group was perpetually paused in the sports field, seemingly petrified over the
figure up ahead. He was almost about to gasp a greeting before he noticed silence thicker than wax
hung like a spell around them as Eno took a step forward, trying to control his breathing.

First came unbearable stench, and then a more graphic depiction of the silhouette he spotted.
Ash white flesh sullied by rivulets of blood from a mauled limb protruding from its claws and pieces
from its jutting fangs. A mangled corpse barely discernible lied lifeless on its feet. Another scream
rang out from the humanoid figure, prompting him to cover his ears, dull pain washing through
him from the intensity of his gritted teeth. "What the actual..." he breathed,
his brain automatically rejecting the sight entirely.

He was naive, but not enough to not process
that this was painfully real.

His pupils diluted as suddenly every single detail were instantly magnified before his eyes,
Opservatio taking effect immediately. The red pools, its mangy fur, every inch of its terrible face,
and the sordid outline of the body was etched into his brain by milliseconds. The vivid images
almost made Eno wretch as all the minuscule things he was seeing was branded into his memories,
and he would have vomited then and there if it wasn't for the sudden intense white pain that stabbed
his eyes, as if a dagger pierced it. He emanated a scream of his own as he covered his
olive irises with quivering palms.

He bucked to his knees, effectively crippled as the rest of them. A null thought suddenly
pulsated through his agony, that maybe this was where he'll end. "No, I couldn't" he tried to
gurgle out loud, but only a soft guttural sound left his lips. He was locked,
and he couldn't move.

He could almost feel his bones being snapped.

Yoshi ran through both doors, skidding to a complete stop in his tracks as his head whipped around in search of where the screaming had come from. He inhaled, catching a whiff of an overwhelming metallic scent -- he took another breath. It's smell was familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. Eyes darting towards Jun, he noticed the man was walking towards a shadowy figure out in the sports grounds. Following, he became increasingly aware that the smell was becoming stronger as well as a peculiar sound he couldn't quite make out. He watched as Jun stopped in his tracks, staring at the figure in the park. He followed his gaze, realization striking him all at once in shocking clarity.

"Holy shit."

A person? No. A beast, a monster of some kind was in the middle of the field. An honest to god monster, as it noisily and wetly crunched on an arm. A human arm. Blood was everywhere. Looking at the feet of the monster, he could see the body of the poor girl, the voice of the scream from earlier. Yoshi felt bile rise up from his throat, barely managing to hold it back, he felt his legs shake, almost giving out under him. This couldn't be real. He was dimly aware of Oka next to him, asking the question they were all wondering. She leaned against him, she was off balance. Putting an arm around her waist, he held the both of them up, leaning on her for support as well. "This is fucked. This so fucked."

So absorbed by the scene in front of them, he didn't notice the white haired boy come flying in and grabbing them and shoving them in a direction away from the monster in an attempt to get them to run. But for the first time ever, Yoshi couldn't move. Paralyzed with shock and fear, he dropped to the floor, barely holding himself up on his hands and knees.

Just then, things got even crazier. A kid with a sword ran at the monster. Yoshi didn't even have the energy to yell out to him. Was he about to witness another death? Struggling to his feet, he barely managed a single step before being sent flying backwards. An invisible wave of force slamming into his body as he landed roughly on his back, winding him. He coughed violently, struggling to breathe. He let out a groan, a strange sensation coming over him. Pressure. Unlike anything he'd felt before. It was like a giant weight was crushing him on all sides. Yoshi looked up at the sky, the red moon hovered overhead, glowing menacingly. Were they going to die here?

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Ryuji Sakai, purple, dashed, 10, times new roman"]
It didn't take long for Ryuji to make his way to the origin point of the scream. The closer he got he could smell something. It was so familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it. He knows he has been smelling it for a long time but the cause of it eluded him. He got close to where he thought the noise originated and swiveled his hear around to find out what had actually caused it. As he panted he could almost taste what the smell was. A thick penny like taste could have fooled him into actually beliving he had a coin in his mouth.

"Blood... Fuck I hope it's not her"

Ryuji said to himself quitely. He noticed some others and what seemed to be a decently large figure masked in the shadows. He could vaguely see what it was. A human like monster.. what what seemed to be the girl from which the scream came from. She was missing an arm and it was inside the mouth of the beast.

"What.. What the fuck is that...? No no no no no no!"

Ryuji vaguely seen a group of what seemed to be other students running towards the doors that go out to the park. He knew he couldn't stay there, and fighting that mounsterous thing was absolutely out of the question. Even if it was his sister he knew she was dead, the only thing he could do for now was just run, and hopefully catch up with group he saw. He watched as they made their way outside through double doors. They closed and it was only a few seconds until he caught up to them and blasted through those doors himself. What he saw couldn't have made have made things worse. Ryuji got out just in time to see another student charging at the beast with a sword. A real sword. As he everyone got thrown to the ground from some invisible force, he looked around while on his back. The other students seemed to be in just as much shock as him, however their first response was to freeze Thankfully Ryuji's first response was to run. Although he got up, Ryuji had a very difficult time keeping himself standing up. It wasn't long until he seen Rei double over in pain. Gripping at his chest and screaming he knew something was wrong. Ryuji could feel the thicknes and the tension in the air, as if something was just biding it time. As soon as another student started clawing at his chest he knew he was next. Ryuji felt something hot, almost burning come up into his upper torso. Like being branded he could feel the outline of something make it home on his chest and he knew that this was where he died. As he clutched himself in utter tortue he looked up at the sky.

"A blood moon... Fitting huh?"

Ryuji closed his eyes and waited to see if the pain would end, or it this really would be his final resting place.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Her knees grew weak, and if it weren't for Yoshi she would've sprawled on the floor, incapable of any type of movement. The monster that stood at the center of the field was on it's hind legs, chomping away at the arm of the lifeless corpse that once was a girl. But as more students showed up, the beast became increasingly irritated. His elongated ears twitched like a cats, and his growls grew deeper and far more aggressive. Okawana, stood dumbfounded like the rest of them, she wanted to move but the soles of her shoes were glued to the grassy field they stood on. Her knees felt like jello, and her heart went crazy at the anticipation of the hell spawn before them turning around and feasting on them next.

She glanced at Eno who appeared to be in a trance, then at Jun who was still dry heaving. Yoshi was leaning against her, and her against him, counterbalancing their weight the best they could. At this point, her very spirit accepted that this may be their fate. But yet again, this wasn't real. It couldn't be. This was just all some long nightmare, and she'll have to wake up for school in a few hours. That just wasn't the case. A yelp slipped from her lips as she was pushed back by what sounded like the white hair boy from earlier.

"MOVE!"

She wanted to, she really did. But her legs wouldn't let her. Like Yoshi, she fell, but rather than landing on her hands and knees she landed on the boy that attempted to save them. She was looking up at the sky, the back of her head resting on the boys chest, nowadays it darkened so quickly. The Red Moon stared back at her, the deity of this never ending nightmare. The reason for all of this, or at least the scapegoat in her mind. This reminded her of all the articles she read on social media, about how the Red Moon is the first sign of a coming apocalypse. Even though the articles were written by a bunch of church goers who were overly religious, and zestful with the idea of having new churchgoers coming in for penance. She wasn't one for religion, but with the impish beast just a few feet away, she couldn't muster the courage to think they they were wrong in the slightest sense.

She heard what sounded like heavy footsteps, not approaching, but instead running towards where the beast was. But then suddenly came that roaring from earlier. From such a close distance it sounded far more fiendish than bestial. Then came a sudden rush of energy and she jerked, instinctively rolling off of the boy and heaving viciously. The breath was knocked out from her, and she gasped for air. Her watery eyes were locked on the ground, and she grabbed the grass her finger digging into the soil. Yet, in her groggy mind, she only wondered what that was and if she would make it out of here alive.

Jun was only faintly aware of the hand grabbing his collar and pulling him away. His heart pounded heavily, and the clammy sweat that covered his body only contributed to the shaking that gripped his body. Suddenly, a mighty roar split the air itself, or so it seemed. The sonic blast bowled Jun over, ripping him from the hand that had held him and sending him flying -thankfully further away from the puddle of his own making. Spinning and rolling on the floor, Jun was left utterly disorientated, though the deafening roar had done enough to snap him out of his terror and flood his system with adrenaline. He staggered to his feet, reeling like a drunk man as he struggled to gain his balance. The world seemed to buck and whirl around him, whilst all sound was muted, as if heard through water. Touching a hand to his ears, it came away wet and sticky - fingers coated with fresh blood. Swallowing his terror (and the remnants of his 'episode'), Jun worked frantically through the situation in his head.

So, big monster. Fucking big. Capable of hurting me with it's voice. I'm unarmed, unequipped and unprepared. It has food, oh god, not again, swallow it do - do not finish that thought. If we go, it may not follow. Why the fuck are we still here? Why am I here in the first place...wait...proof. I need proof.

With shaking hands, Jun pulled out his phone, willing it to not have been broken in all that had happened. The screen was cracked, but under a quick, cursory inspection, the camera lens seemed ok. Hands shaking furiously, Jun took a photo. Then another. Incensed at his inability to hold it steady, he hammered his thumb repeatedly on the screen, taking about a dozen photos. Shoving it back in his pocket - no small challenge, given the vicious shaking that gripped his body, he began to stagger away from whatever that thing was. Remembering the others, he stumbled, collapsing onto the floor. Shouting would draw attention to himself, but to leave them to die...no, who knows what they might be able to do to help his case? Jun took a deep breath.

"We can't save her, it's too late! Get the fuck outta here if you don't wanna die!" He caught the eye of the nearest person - the girl from before - and repeated his instruction "Run for it!" The words echoed in his head as he said them, and his throat seemed to dry out as he spoke. Jun collapsed in a fit of coughing, the words he had spoken echoing around his head and, in combination with the dull ringing in his ears, deafened him to all that happened next as he yelled in pain.

Last edited:
Haruto saw the boy lunge at the beast, thinking how intensely stupid he must be to charge head-on at something so huge and unknown - or brave, if he were to survive.
He'd gotten the others to move at least a little - the one on the floor had mostly just swung forwards, and the ones who stood stumbled. They had been standing stock still, after all, he should've been more careful.
It mattered not now, though, as the beast's roar tossed every one of them back several feet. Haruto's head dodged the hard ground, but his right arm was now hurting from the impact as he had landed on it.
Groaning, he lay crumpled on the floor, eyes opening to look at the sky.
He couldn't see out of his right eye.
Panicking, he put his hand to it. No blood, no fluid, no scratches. He could move it and feel it normally, but it was completely blind. He sat up, breathing hard from the adrenaline and the panic, and his vision filled with bright lights - no, it was his right eye once again. Was the vision returning all at once? He grunted from the pain in that eye, and cracked it open. Pointed at people, it was bright beyond seeing. But anything else was pitch black. Why? Of all times, why now?
Haruto remembered all at once the need to leave. The beast would still be there, he didn't need to look to confirm it. The boy who had been vomiting was shouting at the girl from before, and Haruto found himself agreeing. He tried using his right arm to stand, and collapsed. Something was wrong with it - a dislocation? It looked to be stretched out of the socket. He didn't know how to reset one of those and so was forced to ignore it as he used his left hand to help him stand, the right arm flopping uselessly at his side.
Right eye screwed shut, he was forced to look around with only his left. Vomit boy was still on the floor, and he was closest to Haruto, so he moved over and grabbed him by the arm.
"Get up! You need to move too!" He shouted as he pulled him up.

Cade tumbled as he hit a wall behind him, going limp as he felt his chest go aflame, causing the man to bite his lip to the point where blood was threatened to be drawn.

The blade had fallen out of his hand, and looking at the others the American was determined to be more than himself. Reaching out, the young man dug his hands into the ground and began to drag himself forward. He felt a warmth in his limbs, one that- in part- distracted him from all of the pain in his chest. He felt as if he was bathed in raw energy, but soon enough he just grit his teeth as something etched its way above his heart. His movements were slow as he eventually grabbed the blade, piercing it in the dirt as he forced himself to stand before bringing the blade out of the dirt.

Nothing felt broken or sprained, just sore and burning. He heard nothing as his ears were ringing, instead moving to ready his stance and prepare to do whatever he could.
[/fieldbox]

ENO
Current Status: Keeled

Pain. Awful blistering pain.

A congesting twisting feeling in both his eyes and his chest that seemed to pound
relentlessly. Eno knows it has only been actually four seconds but every millisecond
seemed to last a minute more, and even if the comparison sounds minuscule, the
throbbing agony he suffers with each passing one makes it all the more longer.

The strain that was clouding his eyes were just about to dissipate before it was
suddenly magnified when an equally agonizing pain stabbed Eno directly in
the middle of the chest, his eyes actually rolling backwards from the stress. Eno
fell and tried to curl into a ball, trying to block out the sound that was exacerbating
the suffering he was feeling but to no avail. Through shaking eyelids he made out two
silhouettes standing. One he recognized as the person who attacked the monster
while the other was helping a figure he can't discern through his tears.
No one was helping him.

It was probably only him, the cycle of pulsating torment that seemed to never end,
and the nagging thought that he wouldn't ever have probably been here writhing
in the cold dirt if he had just listened to his parents.

He could almost hear the faint vestiges
of his mother
comforting a young
Yuichi as the world
faded to black.

"Everything is

going to be
okay."

"Every

thing

is go
ing