Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradokUnbound

Original poster
f4e00ba8e91be66538029caf9467b3c5.png

36e00253e05e9fd112affdc8b571fdc4.jpg

Yoshaka Central Park
The park was bathed in a sheen of red. Again the Red Moon had risen. In the darkness foul things now crept in such of unwary prey. Their appetite growing larger each night. How was it that any could sleep on a night like this? Yet most did. Blissfully ignorant of any goings on as they laid down their heads. An unearthly howl shattered the night sky as roosted birds began to flee the noise.

A small pillar of smoke rose from a burned husk. It's former visage unidentifiable. Above it a figure stood veiled in the night. Swatches of red revealing hints of her being as the moon found paths through the brush. "Another so soon." Anger mixed with confusion swirled in her voice. "At this rate..." A rustle from the treeline cutting her off. The woman spinning to face what may come.

"My lady!" Another voice, another woman. Younger than the first. "More on the other side of town. Three." Calmed now she delivers her words as firmly as she can.

The first woman throwing her fists to her side. "Damn! We must hurry!" Before rushing into the darkness, quickly followed by her cohort.

YC High: Assembly Hall
"This matter affects not just the family of Ms. Sakai but the faculty and students here as well." Yoshida had always been long-winded and a touch grandiose. "The police have and suspect and ensure me this whole affair will be over soon. However; until the case is closed and Ms. Sakai has been found the curfew will remain in effect." A posture of authority was attempted, the squat man straightening his back as he peered over the podium. A faint smile finding it's way unto his lips.

Yoshida had been principle just over seven years now. Everyone knew though that the real power at YC High came from the Vice-Principle Nana Yurochi. She'd blew in little over a year ago and had consolidated her power bit by bit. Now nothing really got done without her say so. Rumor was she would be pushing old Yoshida out come the year's end. Even he had started to think the end was near. What could else could he do but await the inevitable end of his career? That was, until Zuri Sakai disappeared.

Things like this did not happen in Yoshaka. Not to girl's her age, at his school. Yurochi had tried to downplay the incident as best she could, hoping no negative light be shined on her future holdings. Yet Principle Yoshida had refused to remain inactive. He met with parents, began working with police, called assemblies to alert students. In this tragedy he rallied a frantic community and showed his true colors. The quiet, slightly plump, little man revealed himself to be more than anyone could have thought. Especially Nana Yurochi.

Today's class assembly was the last he expected to call. The police had finally brought the man they believed to be guilty in for questioning and soon everyone thought the missing girl would be found. A few groans were heard emanating from the crowd of teens as their principle mentioned the curfew. "Now now! It's only for a short time more. I trust you will all honor our school's good name until this ordeal is behind us." A nod falling as he reassured himself. "Now get home or to your activities. You're dismissed." Yoshida turned to make his way offstage. Ms. Yurochi glaring daggers as he did so. Yoshida replying with another smile.

YC High: Assembly Hall
"Ayyyyaaaaahhhhhh!" Rei yawned as he stretched himself upright. The slamming of a door at the far end of the assembly hall waking him from his slumber. "Wha...?" A quick rub of the eyes to ensure he wasn't still dreaming. "Yoshida's always boring but I didn't think he put me that far under." A hand going to his hair, scratching his head a bit before standing.

Rei didn't really understand the point of all these meetings. Everyone already knew Zuri was missing, and everyone already knew the police had arrested some guy. Yeah, it was a bad deal. Rei didn't really know her all that well, but had seen Zuri around enough to know she was a good kid. Sometimes bad things just happened though, right? Rei yawned once more as he stepped through the assembly hall doors into the courtyard. Dark circles embedded beneath his eyes as he stared up towards the sky.

"Not even dark yet and the damn things there." The sun was setting and already the Red Moon was beginning to peer through the clouds. There was just something about it that made Rei uneasy. For the past week it had kept him up for most of the night, just that red eerie glow. Anyone that knows anything will tell you quick, Rei isn't one to be kept up by anything. Rei looked away and walked on. "Man, this sucks." Breaking through his lips as he did so.

Reactions: The_J and Nebula
Okawana never expected this coming into her freshman year at YC High. It was just your ordinary high school, with a bunch of ordinary high school kids. But ever since Zuri Sakai's disappearance, nothing felt normal. In fact, nothing ever really felt 'normal' anymore. With the reports of strange apparitions in the midst of the night and that blood moon, life in Yoshaka seemed eerie and unsettling. On top of that, Zuri was one of Okawana's friends. One of her only friends in fact. She invited Zuri to go joyriding with her a few weeks before she vanished, but it never ended up happening and now she was gone.

"You've got to be kidding me," She kept repeating, "You have got to be kidding me!"

The Assembly Hall was almost empty by now. Her brother Ryosuki sat besides her, his arms folded in front of his chest. He was brooding, he always was. There was always something on his mind and he was never one to act on instinct. Finally, after Oka's incessant complaining he broke his silence with slight annoyance, "Hey, shuddup' already," His tone was cold, "Let's get out of here," He stood up, towering over her. They were opposites physically. He stood at 6'1, and he was a pillar of strength. What else would you expect from the previous two year's Wrestling Captain. This would've been his third year as captain, but he was forced to leave it behind.

"I have to work soon," He mumbled and shoved his enormous hands into his pockets. Okawana looked up at Ryosuki, tears still fresh in her eyes. She couldn't believe him, her hands were balled up into fists but she obeyed him standing behind him. The image of him, behind eyes blurred by tears, reminded her so much of her father. The poorly kept hair, the untidy uniform, and the pants twice his size.

She blinked the tears away, but suddenly boiled with anger as they walked towards the double doors, "You know, sometimes I don't get you," He stopped walking and slowly turned around to look at her. Since their Mom's incident, he grew colder than usual. Just like Oka, he was never one to show emotions, but he was at least compassionate about things like this. "I knew her y'know, she might be just some sort of headline for you but she was my friend."

He opened his mouth, as if he was going to speak, but he didn't waste his breath. He kept walking and she was dumbfounded, left standing there with her mouth open. But, since Okawana isn't someone who gives up easily and was hot headed, she pursued him. "I know what happened to mom was terrible, I'm hurting too, but this weird coping mechanism you got going isn't gonna help!"

"You're making a scene," He sighed, not stopping to look at her.

"I'm not!" She was, the few people left in the Hall glanced their way, but she brushed them off as people who couldn't mind theirs. "Mom wouldn't want you to act this way," That stopped him, she hit a nerve.

Again, he stared, but his face was just as callous as always. Unaffected, and seemingly annoyed he repeated, "I have to go to work, or I'll be late." And then walked through the doors. She was left behind, frustrated, and at the same time confused on why she was even arguing with him. The loss of her friend left her a little shaken and unpredictable with these type of outbursts. If only she was here, but she wasn't, and that was the sad truth. Someone took her and that's what hurt the most.

Yoshi blinked sheepishly as he tried to fight back a yawn -- but was failing miserably, he couldn't help but feel a tad bit guilty. A girl from their school had gone missing, and here he was half asleep at an assembly with people concerned for her well-being. Students quickly shuffled out of the assembly hall after being dismissed by the principle. Yoshi however remained seated, staring down at his two hands as he weighed his options.

"Okay, so I could skip practice, go home early, and enjoy my young life -", his gaze sloooowly shifted to his other hand. "- or I could go to practice, walk home tired, and hate my life." He juggled both hands, inhaling sharply as he came to what was obviously a difficult decision. He could already hear the Track Captain crying to him tomorrow. He rose to his feet with a wild grin; choice made. "Fuck it. I'm going home."

Tossing his bag over his shoulder and began to make his way out of the assembly hall, which was almost empty at this point. Not even making it two steps, he felt his ears perk up at the sound of raised voices. "I know what happened to mom was terrible --", the words nearly stopped Yoshi dead in his tracks as he looked over to the two students ahead of him. Recognizing one as last years Wrestling Captain, and what he assumed to be his sister.

Yoshi watched awkwardly as the ex Wrestling Captain seemed to be arguing with his sister -- or she seemed to be arguing at him at least. Normally in this situation he'd make a joke and make a break for it. But currently, one of the beefiest guys at their school was between him and the exit. So, with a herculean effort he chose to stay silent as they had their spat.

The argument didn't last long. Finally reaching the assembly hall's exit, he watched as the ex Captain departed with a curt response, leaving his sister standing in the doorway. The same doorway he needed to get through. The air felt heavy and awkward, as he tried thinking of reasonable things to say to her, such as, 'Excuse me.' or 'Mind if I get by?' Instead when he opened his mouth, what came out was, "So was he always that tall? Or buff? Or such an asshole?"

Mentally kicking himself, he hastily tried to do some damage control on the situation. "I mean -- uh . . . Mind if I get by?", he snapped his fingers, pointing finger guns at Okawana with a pained smile.

Nailed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haruto barely listened to the headmaster as he spoke of the missing girl and the extension to the curfew. It was a little over-the-top, to keep it going even after the main suspect was caught, but understandable, if one considered how the school must be seen to be protecting its students. Glancing around, he could see - and hear - how little most of the students understood that. It was an annoyance, he had to admit. Usually, his evening walking home was spent taking shortcuts and leaping around through the city's architecture. He'd have to cut that short to make it home in time.
When the assembly was finished, Haruto was glad to eventually leave, moving faster than most who'd been sitting in his row. He was still annoyed to see that someone had managed to block his way.
Seeing the girl's expression softened the frown that had formed on his face, however. He didn't hear what she'd said, but he could tell by the way she was looking at a tall, wide-shouldered boy next to her, that she wasn't having a good time of it. He decided to stay quiet, slow down and wait for her to move. Another boy came and said something to the girl - hopefully, he was getting her to move.

Everyone's heads were seen from a distance away. Danzo was in the back row, seeming unsettled by everyone's atmosphere. He could have stood behind the seats and leaned onto the wall. He was huge compared to all the other third years seated beside him. One of them was yapping and beefing the speech. Despite how impatient he was he wanted to leave his seat. He had boxing training afterwards. In a few minutes training will start until the freshman upfront leave their seats - his arms crossing like iron. He moved the brim of his hat down, hiding his eyes from staring at the spokesperson. Danzo didn't seem to be concerned over the victim's disappearance he knew little of.

Suzuki had been crying ever since her disappearance, but he couldn't do anything but to stay seated while knowing his little sister's class mate went missing. The only way was to stay away from the subject and move on. He didn't want to get involved in the matter. It was almost like he was related to the victim. He was the big brother after all.

"Urgh..." Without a doubt, everybody seemed to be involved into the situation. But Zuri didn't concern him at all.

"Out of the way" He swept into the crowd like a bulldozer picking up all the rubble in the way. In the process of a collision. Bumping into anyone in the way, he headed into the court yard without saying 'sorry'.

Last edited:
Jun had been furiously scribbling the whole time. It seemed that the general disposition of the school and its leadership was that the culprit was found and therefore so would Ms Sakai. That was disappointing, as it seemed he would struggle to find avenues of enquiry.

The process of getting into Yoshaka City High had been somewhat involved, making this dead end more frustrating. The uniform had been easy to acquire, since several shops stocked the requisite items. A forged transfer form had got him past the staff at the gate, though they had required some serious convincing. From there he had gone straight to the assembly, avoiding any formalities that might unmask him. He had no desire to play student for any longer than he had to.

Deep in thought, Jun headed to the door. The current suspect was certainly innocent, but with the pressure on the
police to provide a resolution he would likely need proof of that to stand a chance. Where to from here...

"I knew her y'know, she might be just some sort of headline for you but she was my friend."

Jun's head snapped up, looking over to a pair of students. In spite of the size difference they were clearly siblings, though clearly not on the best of terms right now. And it seemed a connection to the missing student was part of the reason.

Tucking his notepad away Jun headed over to his potential source as the brother headed to the door. Others were bustling around by the time he reached her but some slight weaving allowed him through.

"I'm so sorry to hear that it's your friend that's missing. Things must be really hard at the moment, huh?" Jun's voice conveyed empathy and compassion as he spoke. "Are you holding up ok?"

ENO
Current Status: Rancorous

Sneaker squeals can be heard from down the corridor as Eno sprinted
towards the Assembly Hall, running as if he would spontaneously combust if he would ever stop.
Scarfing a doughnut as he ran, he almost tripped and pushed a teacher along his tirade to his
destination and offering a minute apology that can barely even be heard through his chewing.
It was almost the end of the day, meaning it was almost the
end of the assembly, and he wasn't about to miss his first one in YC High.

Of course he would've been one of the first people to
attend, if it weren't for the fact that:

a) No one told him about this assembly.

b) He had no sufficient friends to tell him about the
assembly in the first place.

c) Even if he had friends, they wouldn't have had enough time to
notify him because:

d) He was too busy sleeping in the library

As a person whom was home-schooled and was given a reasonable
amount of time to sleep and rest before doing his studies, he wasn't exactly ready for the
more tempered time schedule that came with studying in a public school. But he was still
determined to prove everyone who believed that he couldn't do it wrong, even if that includes oversleeping
in his already expired free time. But this would be a nap he would extremely regret later.

The alarm he has set in his phone has only been ringing for a few seconds before Eno woke
up miraculously without any gratuitous groans nor any attempts to snooze the incessant beeping.
After stifling a small yawn he inched his head away from the spot on his desk. Feeling the energy that stems
from waking up on his own accord instead of being forced to by virtue of said alarm,
he grabbed the beeping phone and swiped the bar, turning off the alarm.

He was almost about to sigh before taking a glance at the time displayed on the screen. Any sense

of calm, peace, and other adjectives that were seemingly related to Hinduism that he had accumulated
thus far was immediately thrown out the window as he pocketed his phone immediately and raced to the
bottom of the stairs due to the dawning realization that he was utterly fu--

Eno crashed through the door with the same amount of force as a bull hitting the
concrete wall of a stadium and getting a permanent concussion sans the door meticulously breaking.
It was rather lucky that he skidded to a stop first before hitting it, or else momentum would've
pushed him towards a group of people he was sure he has seen before on campus.
A sense of doom slowly fitted into him as he realized the reason as to why
there were already a multitude of students making their way
out of the doorway instead of in.

"It's over!?" he exclaimed, unaware that this caught more attention than it
should've as a one-off expression, "and I didn't even get to know what the assembly's about."
He slowly breathed in however, trying to keep his facade of coolness,
"It's fine. Whatever it was, it probably isn't worth any notice at all from anybody!"
He laughed, trying to lighten the mood. Eyes were burning into his oblivious skull and if
looks could kill, he would've been the first official casualty YC High has ever had.

He was about to open his mouth before a figure pushed him down to the ground.
His breath was knocked out from him as he felt his back on the cold floor
and his doughnut rising up halfway into his esophagus.

Crap, was it something I said?

En-route To Destination

Two familiar figures skipped across the rooftops of Yoshaka. Women with a determined presence in their being. One young, flaxen haired, naivety in her expression. The other older, stronger, more worldly, with hair dark as a raven's feather. Could they have found an ally in time their pace surely would have been more lax. As it was now, however; all energy went towards haste. Ill tidings had drawn them away from the park, and they only hoped they would not be too late.

YC High Courtyard

Rei found himself spinning on his heels. Whatever had blown past him was now apparently causing some sort of uproar in the assembly hall for a low murmur began to spill through it's doors. "...Ah..." Was about all the boy managed to get out in retort before deciding it better to drop it entirely. "Just forget about it Rei." The thought accompanying an unfolding scene in his head. "Whatever it is, not your problem." A curt nod reaffirmed his stance on the matter as he walked across the courtyard.

His finger found the button on the vending machine, the screen returning 'Sold Out' instead the his desired soda. "Great." A sigh signifying Rei's breakdown to water instead. His back pressed against the wall he now stared back at the assembly hall. The cool liquid feeling surprisingly good sliding down his throat. "How long till they forget I wonder?" A private thought voiced in this moment of isolation. Words perhaps cruel in some eyes. Yet there was no malice in Rei's voice, but instead something akin to apathy. After all, how did any of this effect him?

A weary hand ran through his hair. It was too early to start thinking like that. "At least let me get home first." Rei now dreading the walk up the mountain to the shrine. "I really need to talk to gramps about putting in an escalator." A personal joke to lighten his souring mood. Rei's eyes now casting themselves upward towards the sky. "At least I don't have to worry about the dark with the moon so full."

How awful...

Chihara gazed over the sea of shadowed faces on her left.

The atmosphere here...

Then her right.

It is truly awful.

"Now get home or to your activities. You're dismissed."

Chihara released a breath she didn't know she was holding, slumping in her seat from her usual alert and polite stance of listening. She slipped out a cutesy looking phone to ask her mother if she's free to pick her up after practice. Ever since the disappearance, Chihara has been kinda nervous of going home by herself, detouring from her usual routes to busier and more populated areas. Thankfully, staying in her seat, she got a moment to breathe before practice. Archery was on the menu for today, a great way to focus the mind on something else other than worry and uncertainty. Speaking of archery...

"!!!" Her equipment! Her bow and arrow! She forgot to lock it up! Chihara immediately got her feet. The realization hit her like a brick and her body moved like she was in peril, breaking into a run for the exit. Most of the students had previously exited the assembly hall, but there was a small group [ @Nebula @InkaDinkaDoo @The_J ] that had gathered by the doorway at the worst moment! Crap crap, brakes, the brakes! In the last second, some big figure barreled through the group barricading her in [ @Alpha ], knocking down a figure on the other side of the exit [ @vantas ] in the process. Chihara's ankles locked, she tripped and landed right on the guy she tried not trampling in the first place with an unceremonious flop. "Eep!"

"Oogh..." Other people are not comfortable to land on. Her head snapped up with a bright orange blush and swirling irises, the curl on her head darting about in much embarrassment. "Oh... Oh no!" She squealed as she immediately moved to the side and off his body. "I-I'm so sorry-" In the moment of bowing low while on her knees, she had butted heads with him hard. "Ack!" What a nightmare, she held her throbbing forehead as she nodded some more, frantically trying to apologize. "S-Sorry! Sorry! Aie, I am such a mess! I tried leaving quickly 'cuz I have something to do now and there were people in the doorway and I tried to stop even though that guy came and bulldozed through because I saw you fall and I didn't want to step on you like a careless person but my foot caught on my other foot and I tripped and ended up right on top of you, please understand!"

Chihara hopped up and began darting off again. "I gotta go, I'll formally apologize later- Aiee!" She shrieked again as she ran into the corner of the wall from not looking forward. She gathered herself, body swaying before she darted off around the corner and disappeared. Another thud was heard, accompanied with the flight of paper and another chorus of high pitched and quivering apologies.

-

"Wah... I really did embarrass myself. I should really go and find that guy again. I feel so terrible." She whined as she walked along, blowing a deflated curl out her flushed face. She had successfully sprinted to her destination and found that her belongings were resting there untouched before shoving them into her case. Chihara was now subjected to a walk of shame as her embarrassment chewed her up; She needed a drink, a drink and some air before shooting some targets. That'll set her right back up again.

The nearest vending machine came into sight and she bounced over, digging for her cutesy coin purse that matched her cutesy phone. With some happy 'bloop bloop bloops', she had a cold sugary soda in her hands. Her bow and quiver were with her safe and sound, she had a cold drink- Things were looking up already! Chihara noticed something out the corner of her eye, making her shriek and jump- Oh! It was only some very bored looking dude leaning against the wall. [ @BradokUnbound ] How did she not see him this entire time? He probably thought she was a weirdo now too. She settled herself away from him and just relished in her drink, casting a defeated look into the can. "Guh, can I not catch a break today or what...?"

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Cade Tormod, green, solid, 8, stencil]
A fine way to get introduced to the school, if nothing else.

If it wasn't for the the fact that he was hidden behind various faculty members, the American would stick out more like a sore thumb than he already was, given he was the only student not wearing the school uniform. Well, technically he wasn't even a student until tomorrow morning given that he just arrived in Japan two days ago. Being an American and a foreigner, Cade had to keep his personal ID (in this case, his Texas driver's license), in addition to his International Student ID, Yoshaka High School ID, and his regionally-issued foreigner ID card (which primarily served as his proof of a student visa) on him at all times given the procedures for students in Japan and the International Student Program.

As for his living situation, Cade wasn't lodging in complaints. He and two other members International Student Program lived in a small apartment complex owned by their program and sponsored by the schools that participated, although they were essentially the host family substitute despite being students themselves. In fact, part of being in said program was taking care of students in your home country after your year abroad, and the pair- named Sato and Ikawa- had gone to America and Germany, respectively, the year before and were a year ahead of Cade. There were five other students living in the complex in addition to a superintendant/supervisor. As it was catered to students, all eight of the apartments were on the second floor (the supervisor lived in a larger apartment on the first floor), while the majority of the first floor had been rennovated into a common living/dining/study space for the students and their guests. While only three students there were participating in the ISP, two others living there applicants while the remaining five overall were students who lived in the apartments due to needed accomodations, such as the student's family living in another area.

In addition, Cade received a monthly stipend of 45,000 yen (approximately 400 USD)- enough to take care of personal expenses and groceries. The apartments themselves were almost stereotypical, comprising of three rooms each- a living room with a small kitchenette, table, desk, and small television among other things, a full bathroom, and a decent bedroom.

Either way, the seventeen year-old had caught the principle's speech before leaving with the counselor he had been finishing all of his work with before students spotted him and ambushed him with questions. Cade was wearing a dark grey hoodie with lighter stripes on the sides in addition to a pair of blue jeans, black socks, a green t-shirt, and the black uwabaki he had been given to wear inside the school. The backpack he had slung on his shoulder contained his copies of paperwork and some textbooks in addition to his tennis shoes. His rusty blonde hair was in a brushed bedhead while his blue eyes continually scanned his surrounding as occassionaly the odd, miniscule figure would pop into view- a spirit.

He'd always been able to see them, and many of the ones he had met in Japan were rather similar to their mythological counterparts (including an unfortunate incident when he first arrived in Yoshaka wherein he was chased around by one of the temple komainu). Some more intelligent than others, and other stronger and more vicious. And then, of course, there was that dragon he was bonded to that didn't do much when he didn't have to. Much like a cat, dragons seemed to love their sleep and dormancy and only acted when they willed to.

But, after a bit more signatures were affixed and policy reviews were done, Cade moved to go outside the door, waiting for a student to show him as he pulled out his phone for a moment before putting it back into his pocket.
[/fieldbox]

Now Okawana knew for sure that people in this high school couldn't mind theirs. After her brother walked out through the doors, a vicissitude of events happened that she wasn't too fond of both due in part to her own embarrassment and the fact that she was almost trampled over twice. It started with the purple haired boy, who asked her a sardonic question about Ryosuki that she wasn't necessarily upset about. In fact, she wanted to laugh.

"No, he's just-," Then another guy came barging in, a little abrupt really she thought. He asked her if she was alright and she was thrown aback.

Did I really make a scene?

Either way, people in YC High should learn to mind their business. She learned this since the start of her freshman year, when everyone bombarded her with questions about her older brother and why he quit wrestling and if he was alright. Ryosuki was a popular guy, understandable due to his good looks, even though he can't dress. Yet he never played the role of a cool guy, he was always aloof and took compliments with a grain of salt. That kind of annoyed her really, because since he wouldn't answer questions she would be the one being asked about him. Oka hates attention, but even living in her brother's shadow garnished her an unwanted flood of questions that came with being "Ryo's Sister".

Now it was the questions about Zuri. Okawana threw her hands up, as if she was making a force field between herself and him. She tried to turn her lips into a smile, but her true emotions refused and she looked a little frustrated. "Huh? No yeah, I'm fine it's just uhh-" Her eyes shifted awkwardly and she caught a glimpse of a cute white haired boy that didn't look very happy. But she wasn't able to answer the question, nor stare at the cute kid for too long cause the door behind them swung open. At this point Oka was just wondering what the fuck was going on, who were all these strange people coming out of nowhere like she was secretly in a soap opera.

"It's fine. Whatever it was, it probably isn't worth any notice at all from anybody!"

...Did he really just say that...

She raised her hand, her forefinger pointing in his direction, eyes burning with rage. Right on cue! A huge brute of a man came barreling past them, shoving her and the boy aside. She landed on her hand and knees, her skirt and everything under it in view for everyone to see. Then another girl, a klutz just like the giant, knocked into the boy apologized and then ran off. Cursing, Oka stood up, her face boiling red. Her skin was hot to the very touch and she was shaking with anger.

"What the hell is wrong with you people!" She was waving her small fist down the hall as the doors were still slowly closing, "You morons! Don't you know how to say excuse me! You bunch of assholes! I cant believe you did that-" This barrage of cursing went on for a few more seconds until the door finally closed. She said some pretty awful things, not like they could hear since by the time she started cursing they vanished. But the cursing cooled Oka off as she gave a heavy exhale, almost like she was satisfied with herself. "That'll teach em..."

She blinked a few times, then remembering where exactly she was and with whom. Slowly turning to face the group of boys standing near her she laughed awkwardly. A nervous blush flooded her cheeks and scratched the back of her orange hair, her green peepers glued to the floor. "Oh...I forgot you were all here."

Nice Oka...you don't look crazy at all...

Jun had to physically resist the urge to yell at all the idiocy that occurred in the surroundings. Had he not had a personal stake in all of this, to sit back and watch the nigh-impossible levels of chaos ensue might have been mildly entertaining. As it was, he was seething. To continue pressing his line of enquiry would seem out of place, and forced. He was already squarely in the middle of the most notable incident that was occurring, which was significantly more exposure than he would like. After all, his 'transfer form' wasn't perfect, and all it would take was for one admin worker to genuinely enjoy checking over paperwork enough to check for inconsistencies. Based on his experience of the company secretaries, he had a solid chance of not being caught, but remaining background as much as possible was his best defence in case of plan B.

As a result, there was little more to be done in terms of questioning today. Biting back his frustration, he muttered under his breath a particular phrase that his boss used in moments such as these, and that certainly would shock all but the most hardened of high school students. Unfortunately, the timing was such that it was muttered moments into the stunned silence that followed the cursing fit of the girl. Jun realised this just as it finished slipping out of his mouth. And so it was, as the room fell quiet the phrase "I've seen fewer useless pricks at a viagra clinic" could be heard. Faint, yet audible.

Jun sighed. Today was just getting better and better. "Sorry," he said, with a sheepish grin, "none of you were meant to hear that. Unfortunately, seems we're all in the middle of one of life's great jokes today, and it seems, like most other people, that a punchline at my expense was coming. Anyone feel like taking a bet on who gets humiliated next?"

Last edited:
Almost immediately after his statement. the world seemed to have lost its proverbial shit, as sitcom levels of insanity began to ensue all around him. First a studious looking adult came up, asking the girl if she was okay, further delaying him from escaping the auditorium. Before he could even comment, a sound akin to a mountain moving caught his attention. Swiveling his head just in time, he quickly stepped out of the way as a giant student comically bowled over most of the students in his way in a push towards the exit, knocking over another student on the other side of the door as he left. Yoshi let out a small chuckle, obviously amused at what was going on.

"Fifty points."

He suddenly remembered the girl he was talking to before, and his gaze shifted to see her on the floor; another victim of the giant student from earlier. He caught a pretty good look at what was under her skirt, and would have made a comment, but at that moment; obviously angry from the multitude of things that had just occurred, she exploded, "What the hell is wrong with you people! You morons! Don't you know how to say excuse me! You bunch of assholes! I cant believe you did that-" She then proceeded to rage out on the few remaining people in the auditorium. Yoshi just stood grinning during the episode, struggling to hold back his own laughter.

After her tirade, their was a sudden silence, that was then filled by the studious looking guy from earlier.
"I've seen fewer useless pricks at a viagra clinic." Yoshi couldn't take it anymore, finally letting out a loud gut busting laugh as the man tried to apologize. He had no input at this point, his goal to leave the auditorium forgotten as he held his stomach struggling to breathe through his laughter. Slowly but surely, his laughter started to die down, "Ahahaa- H-He -- Haha. He said . . . clinic." And just like that, he'd set himself off laughing again.

Haruto watched the chaos unfold before him, not even thinking to head to the courtyard once an opening presented itself. He was too wrapped up observing everything go to shit.
The huge guy didn't barge past him, luckily, just several others. He did, however, smash a few others to the floor like an arse. One girl, with slightly greenish-blonde hair, looked as if the green was spreading to the rest of her body - was she ill? Maybe it was a reaction to her embarrassment? She ran away before he could see any more, off into the courtyard.
Soon after, the older-looking student made his vulgar comment - it made Haruto chuckle, though he almost wanted to ask the guy what he was doing at such a clinic. The guy looked almost pink in the face, seeming to glow slightly. Haruto rubbed his eyes, assuming there must've been something in them - but no, the guy still seemed slightly pink. Strange, it must've been the lighting or his skin tone.
The girl who'd originally had her spat with tall dark and handsome had now turned her frustrations out on those around her - the pricks that the boy in glasses had referred to - with no small amount of vitriol. Her face turned red from the effort, it seemed. but once she was done it took on almost the same tone that the tripped girl's had before, a slight pale green. She was obviously embarrassed, just judging by her body language. Was she having the same reaction, turning sick? It seemed a little odd, acting so fast and both so similarly.
The purple-haired boy that had bothered her before was in fits, it seemed. Was it really that funny? There was always one, Haruto supposed, and this guy was doing fine in that role. He must've been wearing fake tan or something, on top of his already slightly darker skin. He looked almost orange it was so bad.
"Not going to be me." Haruto said in response to Jun, striding out and making his way into the courtyard. Stepping outside, he could see the moon was already up this early in the evening, and it was starting to cast a slight red glow on the city. Haruto immediately made his way to the school's exit gates and went off on his way home.

While all this was going on, Himari was casually shuffling her deck of cards. Two riffle shuffles, some overhand shuffles, and then back to riffling. The cards settled in her hands and she closed her eyes briefly, taking a deep breath. Visualize. Energy was running through her as she breathed—

"I'm not! Mom wouldn't want you to act this way."

"Out of the way."

"Are you holding up okay?"

She gritted her teeth and grumbled something in English, riffle shuffled again, then turned the deck over in her hand. The hou-ou stared back up at her once more. Death. "I knew that already," she muttered, seemingly to the deck. "Zuri is gone, our school has curfew, and the blood moon is..." It had to be a sign of something else, though, didn't it? Nothing she'd read on the blood moon so far had explained any of the strange occurrences, but things were happening that people couldn't understand. "I wish Sasha were here to see this," she murmured, flipping the deck back over and sliding it into her right pocket.

"Whatever it was, it probably isn't worth any notice at all from anybody!"

"S-Sorry! Sorry!"

She moved to stand up, finally taking notice of what was happening. What a mess, she signed to herself, rolling her eyes as she slid past the mess of people and out the door. Then she took her phone out of her pocket to check her notes. Right... she had to meet with the new exchange student today. She'd only signed up for that program because speaking English was one of the only things she could do better than Ichika, and maybe that would be enough to keep her parents happy. ... Well. Happy wasn't the right word. Slightly less dissatisfied with her than usual was probably more accurate.

She turned left and stopped to lean against the wall, pretending to look at her phone as she composed herself. This... she probably could have asked Ichika about this. Talking to people. She tilted her head at the blond foreigner standing in front of the councilor's office, trying to subtly study him without him noticing her. She stared at him as she slipped her hands into her pockets to put her phone away, feeling the cards against her fingers, and then everything happened so fast. One moment she was staring at him, in the next she was staring at a phone that wasn't hers, and in the next she was sprawled out on the floor, her cards flying through the air. She gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut, trying to remember what had happened. "Not this again," she mumbled, then collected herself and stood up to collect her cards, which had scattered everywhere.

YC High Courtyard
Rei stared at her for a minute. Her quiet ramblings peaking his interest a bit as she fumbled with the soda can. It was clear that she was oblivious to the boy leaning silently against the wall. A fact Rei did not plan on changing. "What an airhead." He thought, but went suddenly cold when the girl turned to look at him. Their eyes met. Then for another brief moment of time Rei's gaze lay locked upon hers.

Then, he turned away. Saying not a word before pressing the water to his lips again. Rei had found life exceedingly easier if you talked with people as little as possible. Especially in times like this. No doubt no matter where their conversation started it would end with Zuri. That was a depressing journey Rei would rather opt out of at the get go. The assembly had been bad enough, no telling what a personal interaction would yield.

Still doing his best to ignore the only person near him. Rei pushed himself from the wall and tossed his empty bottle. "Better get going." Rei found himself saying for some odd reason. A twang of guilt perhaps. "Huuuu." A low sigh now parting his lips. Turning on his heels Rei squared up to the girl. "He-..." Yet his words were cut silent.

A low rumble road across the air until it morphed into a bestial roar. The trashcan near the vending machine fell over, panes of glass in the windows shook looks, streetlights burned bright then blew. Then, as if it all a dream, there was silence. An eerie kind, found only in the darkest of places. "What in the hell was that!?" Rei, still shaken, looked towards the girl at the vending machine. Before she could answer though another sound filled the air. Not a monstrous roar like the first, but a shrill screech.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" It carried through the school grounds, before it too turned to silence.

Building Overlooking YC High
"My lady!" The younger of the two spoke, her voice frantic and laced with exhaustion. They had run far and fast. "Is it...?"

The older woman knelt on the ledge of the rooftop, slowly wiping sweat from her brow. "Yes...we're too late."

Only hearts trained to sense it could feel the thick miasma pulsing forth from the school. The Red Moon seemed to favor the place, washing it's grounds in it's ominous red hue. A tinge of pain bleed into the expression of the older woman, a grimace taking form soon thereafter. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. She was weak, and tired, and all alone in this war. "Did it have to be a school!" She cursed herself. Her all had been poured into doing a singular duty here. Yet in these dark times the woman had found herself lacking. Her felt pain was not pity in that fact, no, but in the guilt of knowing others would die for her failure.

Reactions: The_J and Nebula
Jun was completely disorientated by the combination of events that struck them. The noise, the shaking, the lights going dark...whatever was happening, he wanted no part of it. And then, the final scream. Seemingly human. Possibly female. Which could well mean-

The mocking laughter of his boss echoed through the air. "Wait, Junior, you're telling me you think he's innocent!?" His boss continued laughing. "You do realise this guy has a long history of crime, right? Theft, robbery, assault, burglary...his criminal record stretches back to his early teens! Why on earth would you believe him?" Jun merely coughed politely. "Sanzo Himawari. 26, of no fixed residence. 46 criminal convictions, starting with four counts of burglary at the age of 12. Most recently, he was arrested and imprisoned for two years following a series of assaults and robberies." "Exactly!" his boss interjected. "Why would you believe a man with such a long criminal history?"

Jun grinned. "46 convictions, all of which he pleaded guilty to. Never even asked for a lawyer. Usually, he confessed at the moment of his arrest. 13 of his convictions were attributed to him after he confessed in custody - they didn't have enough evidence to tie him to the case. This time, he requested a lawyer straight off the bat. I asked him why. Do you know what he said? 'I did all the others. I didn't do this.' It's completely out of character for him to defend himself for a crime he committed." His boss sucked in air through pursed lips. "So what? You want him bailed?" Jun paused, before shaking his head. "No. There's been no ransom demand, no indication that she's been taken as a means to an end. Zuri Sakai was our true culprit's end. So either our perp has got enough to satisfy whatever reason they had to take her...or..."

"Or they're going to strike again." His boss nodded. "I see where you're going, and you look damn willing to do the job well. I just hope, for the sake of your career, your hunch is right. If he turns out to be guilty, you'll look like the biggest scumbag in town."

Jun took off as fast as his legs would carry him, heading towards the sound of the scream. Just let me get there in time. Let me see. If I see I can know what it is I'm after. I can find the proof I need to open the eyes of the dumb mob, to make those lazy officials squirm as their sacrifice slips away. His breathing was heavy and ragged, but he was driven by something deeper. Let me catch whatever bastard this is.

Okawana was shocked with Jun's comment, but it made her feel a little better about the rant. She gave a sly smile and looked at the boys surrounding her. While scratching the back of her head she said, "I'm sorry about that," Her voice was a little shaky, from the embarrassment of her tirade, she supposed. A girl walked past them, shuffling cards as Oka bowed slightly, "I'm Okawana Etsu," She pointed a confident thumb up towards her face. For an underclassman, her confidence was through the roof but she was obviously masking her anger towards her brother earlier, something she refused to share with anyone. "And I don't know what you guys heard, but-"

There was a strange breeze in the air, the room became incredibly cold and there was a strange wind drifting in the room. Her hair blew across her face, and she looked around in awe at the drastic change. The lights above the Assembly Hall shook and the building was swaying gently. Then came an enigmatic roaring, it sounded like an animal or worse, like some kind of beast. She was glancing around the room and whispered, "What was that...?"

A shrill scream was the answer that came, and it made her heart drop. Her cheeks went red, and she didn't know whether she was excited or scared. Her mind went straight to Zuri, to her missing friend that she missed dearly. She looked at the other boys, but before another word escaped her rosy lips, Jun sprinted off like a wild man. She instinctively followed, her short legs moved quickly as she stayed right behind the boy who ran with what she could only describe as pure desire to reach the girl that screamed. Her toned, scraped legs were slightly muscular from the days when she would spend time wrestling with her brother and friends.

"Hey, hey! Where are you going!" She called, trying her best to keep up with the boy. It was pure desire keeping her moving, the need to figure out if this had anything to do with Zuri and frankly the daredevil in here running head on into danger. Suddenly a door swung open, someone was coming out of a classroom. She wouldn't be able to get out of the way! Her eyes widened and she gritted her teeth.

Fuck...fuck...fuck!

Then, abruptly, everything seemed to slow down for her. The door wasn't coming as quickly as she thought. She shifted her feet, missing the door by an inch. By the time she realized what happened, she was still running behind him, smiling mischievously. She didn't know how she did that, and honestly she wasn't sure how, but shit, she was definitely impressed with herself.

ENO
Current Status: Enervated

Being doubled over two times in a row wasn't exactly the best way to show a snazzy first impression.
But it was the best way to experience both pain and embarrassment in one fell swoop.

Black washed over him as his body shook up with cold as light diminished from all around

him. Everything seemed hazy as the area around him shifted and turned into deeper shades
of ebony. Something was restricting him from breathing, and he struggled to free his lungs.
He opened his eyes and saw nothing. Was he dying? No, that's impossible.

He opened his eyes to light from a window. A four year old Eno peering down from a pane of glass alone

in the attic. His eyes followed the giggling figures of children like him running around
without a care in the world. Of course he was more than welcome to giggle and sprint across the gigantic halls
in the confines of his mansion, but the only thing that divided him from the other children was that they
were with other kids: Friends.

Of course, he had an enormous advantage when it ever came to comparing with other children

of more humbler properties. He had a readily accessible stash of food that has enough sustenance in it to
last him two decades marooned on an island, he would never had to experience shivering in the rain
or sweating on the heat, and he has both the reputation and natural talent to secure him a job that
would raise another generation of juveniles that would inherit the same advantages he had now.
But all of it seemed like a minuscule conjecture if he only has these alone.

Laughing didn't have as much color, and food didn't taste as good. Not until his first actual

genuine friend, where he would soon begin to learn that everything was better with someone, did
he ever experience true joy. A brand of happiness no amount of money will ever replicate as he found
out. But even then after a painful goodbye as his childhood friend moved away, he still remember vestiges
of those faint, delighting memories as he continued to look at the kids out at the street, the perfect
embodiment of the happiness he so long wanted.

He closed his eyes, willing himself to tare away from the sight. He stood there with tears

stinging his eyes as he bounded for the stairs shortly afterwards, a new gleam of hope in his eyes.
Then and there, with his vision blurry from the onslaught of his own bittersweet memories and his
feet padding down the carpet snaking the steps of the staircase, was his promise to himself was made.

Someday, somehow, he himself will make friends with as much people as he could. And he'll then

taste the joy that has been unfairly taken away from him at such a tender age. A joy that he wished
and dreamed of for countless years imagining parties and night outs with people he can honestly
cherish. Now that he's gotten this opportunity, this time, he's never letting go.

The wood of the steps broke with a thunderous crack as his feet skittered through the debris.

Light splintered his pants as the crack's crash rebounded with stronger volumes until it fused into
a tangible scream, until both light and noise drowned him. He woke up.

Eno struggled up, biting in a bleeding lip, and offered a weak smile. His knees trying to securely

make him stand, he clutched his stomach and wheezed as if it was nothing. And it was.

Nothing was ever stopping him from attaining his dream.

"Sorry for that small scene!" he exhaled, swiping dust out from his uniform. "I'd ask if

you want to go out and eat at a restaurant but I'm pretty sure the person who made that scream is
more important." He smiled, his usually windswept hair more
unkempt than usual, "don't you think?"

With that, he ran along with the others, trying to catch up.

[fieldbox="Ryuji Sakai, purple, dashed, 10, times new roman"]
Shortly after winning a National Title, something like this is certainly cruel. Ryuji's best friend, his little sister was missing. Principle Yoshida said that the police had brought in a suspect, and that they believe it was the man who did it but something felt off with Ryuji. It could be that he has hardly been getting sleep since Zuri went missing, and nothing has gotten any better.

"I hope to whatever god is out there, that my sister is well and safe..."

Ryuji whispered to himself with his hands together. He hoped but sadly Ryuji is more of a realist. He knew that a best case senario like that hardly ever pans out perfectly, as no more than a scare.

As most of the students left the Assembly Hall Ryuji tried to blend in with the crowd. Even though he was the Team Captain of the Kendo club at YC High, Ryuji knew that it wouldn't reflect well on him if his peers saw him this way. Bags under Ryuji's eyes blackened his face. It wasn't something he could hide, and even though his sister has went missing he still feels embarrassed, even if everyone understands. His luck ran out as soon as some of Zuri's friends noticed him in the crowd. He thought he hid his face but apparently not well enough. Ryuji wasn't exactly avoiding everyone because he just wanted to be alone or anything like that, it's just that he didn't know what to say. To anyone. His family, her friends, or teachers. People have been asking Ryuji questions since it happened but he could never find a word for them. Ryuji felt like it was his fault she went missing. He couldn't have been a good enough brother...

"Fuck what am I thinking right now?"

Ryuji said to himself. It wasn't like him to be flustered like this, or even slightly go off topic. Maybe missing his sister has been doing more to him than he thought. It was only another short few seconds before he was face to face with Zuri's friends.

"Is everything okay Ryuji?"
"Yeah you really don't look well..."

Ryuji was annoyed becase they were trying to be thoughtful and nice to him but in reality they didn't like him much. It wasn't as if they hated him but usually left Zuri's side whenever Ryuji and her went home together. It wasn't often but enough to notice they avoid him.

"Yeah I'm all good guys. Thanks for asking though.. I.. I uh gotta go though im sorry."

He said before kind of rushing off. He wasn't trying to be impolite or anything he just couldn't say anything. The words wouldn't come to him. It wasn't long until Ryuji was back in his club room. To take his mind off of difficult things he trained until the answer came to him. Lately he's been up in the long hours of the night training, and still he hasn't found anything. But he had to keep trying. Ryuji took his gear and changed in the locker room before coming out to practice. Not long after beginning his start up routine he heard a loud scream echo throughout the school. It wasn't just your playful scared yell. It was like a blood curdling scream you hear out of the movies. Ryuji was sure that most of the people had already left so he thought he would be the only one to check it out. As he started to may his way to the origin of the scream something dawned on him.

"Maybe this is who really took my sister.. Maybe. Regardless I need to check this out."

Bamboo stick in hand, Ryuji sneaked off towards the direction where he heard the sound while being mindful of not making any noise.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.