Escape the Caves

Aurora laughed.

"I was just joking. I don't just go around making food of everything I see, I mean I'm not crazy!"

"Maybe not that crazy..." Terrin said under his breath.

Ed laughed softly in to his hand at the whole exhange.
He saw something in the courner of his eye and turned to get a better look.
And there hanging in front ofhis face from the cealing, all its legs wiggenilg, were a spider.
Not that big at all but a spider non the less.
Ed's body froze and all he could do was relize a terrified yell before more or less throwing himself backwards.

"Ed!"

Aurora was quick to react. As Ed threw himself backwards, he tripped over a rock, and fell. She managed to catch him, but since he weighed more than her she couldn't hold him up, and they both fell. Ed landed on top of Aurora, which softened the impact on him, but made Aurora's worse.

She lay unconscious on the ground. A little bit of blood was trickling from behind her head.

Ed quickly made sure the eight legged intruder had not atatched itself to him before leting out a small breath.
"Hey thank's Aurora... Aurora?"
He turned to look at her and let out a gasp:
"Oh crabsticks! Aurora!"

"Don't move her!" Natalie ran over to where they were, nearly tripping in her haste. When she did, she knelt down, flicked on her light and took out her medical supplies from her backpack. She put it down beside her. She took out a bundle of towels and rolled it and put it near Aurora's head as she examined the injury. There was a gash, but her fall resulted in minor trauma that made her unconscious.

Carefully, she put Aurora's head on the towels. Aurora was out cold. Mike who was keeping watch on Natalie came over and asked what he could do so she had him slip a cloth under Aurora carefully as possible.

Still no sign of her waking.

"We need a doctor." Natalie said, managing to finish cleaning and dressing the gash on Aurora's head. "I can't tell if there's any internal damage."

"We need to get out." Mike said gravely, holding Aurora's hand and watching her face.

"Can we lift her?" Terrin asked Natalie.

"Yeah but it's risky. She's out cold, it could be serious." Natalie replied sadly.

"We can't leave her here!" Mike cried incredulously.

"I'm staying with her."

"Well we can't leave you both."

"But we can't go with you and it's very risky. Do you think we could crawl around, jump or swim with Aurora? We shouldn't even move her in case she's got internal damage!"

They were quiet, realizing the gravity of the situation they were in.

"She'll wake up. And unless she does, I'm staying with her." Natalie said stubbornly.

"Until. Until she does." Mike corrected her desperately. Natalie nodded.

"I-I'll stay too... It's... It's my foult and I need to make sure she is alright."
Ed said from were he stood, back straigh and eyes worried

In the end, they all decided it was best they stayed with Aurora. Some time passed, and everyone began to get sleepy. They took turns resting a while, and then, suddenly, Aurora's body moved a bit. She opened her eyes.

"Oww...Guys, I can't move my head..."

Mike and Terrin had spent more time debating on how to effectively move Aurora and how to find a way out more quickly. When they heared Aurora, they both turned sharply. "Are you okay now?" Terrin asked quickly. "How is she?" he added to Natalie.

Mike dropped to his knees. "Aurora!" he motioned to Aurora but got pushed away by Natalie.

"Don't." Natalie snapped at Mike. She was a little irritable from not having rested at all. She stubbornly refused to, knowing full well that it was her task to make sure Aurora is alive. "Don't move. Just relax. Do you remember what happened?"

"Umm, I'm not sure. I think I fell... More importantly, where are we? It's awfully cramped in here, isn't it? How did we get here?

"Oh great!" Ed said as he threw his hands up looking slightly destroyed:
"I broke her!"

What are you talking about? I'm not broken! I'm perfectly fine, I just...

As Aurora tried to get up, the pain in her head wouldn't let her, and she continued laying on the ground.

"Okay, maybe I am broken... But just a little bit. Still, what's going on?"

"I told you not to move her." Natalie hissed dangerously. "Lay still." she commanded Aurora. "I'm not done checking you. You don't remember where we are?"

"Uh, I'm not sure... We were going hiking, right? Did we stop in a cave to spend the night?"

Natalie pinched Aurora a little. "Do you feel this?"

Mike and Terrin watched on anxiously, keeping a safe distance.

"Ow, yeah, I felt that. So, when are you going to tell me what's going on?"

"When you tell me what you remember." Natalie said, her tone finally softened to a soothing one.

"We'll...pick up from where you stop." Mike offered hopefully.

"Do you know today's date? Tell me and recount what you remember." Natalie asked, taking out fresh gauze for Aurora's wound. It had closed but Natalie was taking extra precautions, being in a cave.

"It's July ninth, right? We are hiking somewhere in the mountains, but..."

Aurora's face froze as she began to remember.

"Something happened. We're trapped. I'm falling further away from everyone... Can't reach... All alone..."

Aurora was thrown into panic spasms.

Lyn had watched in horror as blood began to trickle from Aurora's head. She rushed over, praying that she didn't have a concussion. "Oh no!" She gasped, and started to panic. Now what will we do?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Don't touch her for a moment-" Natalie said, her voice strained. When Aurora stopped moving, she immediately dressed the wound again. "Guys, this has gotten really bad. There's some brain trauma and I can't deal with that using my first aid kit. You have to get out and I have to stay with her."

"Bull!" Mike yelled back, positioning at Aurora's feet, holding two corners of the towel she laid on. "We'll carry her!"

"It's too risky!"