Entertain my jealousy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Adrian jumped, just as expected, and his magic pushed Archer into the wall behind them. Luckily it was his back that took the worst hit and not his head. As his lover yelled at him he couldn't help but start laughing. Sure his body had probably gotten a few bruises, and he might be sore for some hours. But he was alive, so why all the fuzz?

"Calm down." He muttered as he pulled Adrian towards him for a kiss. "I'm fine, it takes more than that to break me." He put his arms around Adrian and continued to kiss him, clearly he was not in the mood to let his lover go. "How's the research going?" He asked, though obviously more interested in seducing than in listening.

Sex was just about the last thing on Adrian's mind at the moment so he was a bit taken off guard as he was practically attacked. Not that he had many complaints, he just was still more concerned about how bad he had actually hurt the other teen. The worried adrenaline was happy to turn into arousal though. "It was going great until some idiot decided to try and get themselves killed." He muttered sarcastically, though as Archer did not too much in the way of pain he was getting more involved int he kisses by the moment. "It was about time to take a break." Adrian may have been less aware of it, but he was also feeling the press of their limited time together.

Archer chuckled at his lovers sarcastic comment. It wouldn't be too bad to be killed by his favorite person. Though he doubted that would happen. No matter how much he scared Adrian, it would probably never get to the point when he got killed for it. And since those kinds of scares usually only worked once every month, as people usually became more aware of their surrounding when someone freaked them out a bit, it wasn't too likely he would get the same reaction from him in the near future.

The kisses became more intense and soon they had somehow gotten up on the bed. Archer wasn't completely sure how. Maybe he had done the first move to get them there, or maybe Adrian did, but his mind was somewhere else and not too focused on the unnecessary information like where they had sex. Clothes flied to left and right, climaxes were reached and soon they were both lying there. While Adrian probably felt more tired or exhausted like he usually did, Archer was content and just enjoyed the lazy time afterwards, even though he could have gone on after a few minutes break. But he figured his partner weren't too interested in a marathon.

"Did you have a fun break?" He asked as his hand was fiddling with the other mans hair.

"Hmm..." Adrian didn't really respond so much as make a vague affirmative noise that could have just been a sign of contentment as well. He did enjoy having his hair messed with. He felt vaguely like he should continue working, but it did not take much convincing at all for him to latch onto Archer and drift off for a little nap of his own.

Well after Adrian had feel asleep and Archer had done his thing, the sound of hoof beats echoed on the outskirts of the next town over. Kevin was doing his best not to show it but he was practically burning with excitement. He couldn't sense his son but he wasn't willing to give up hope that they might find the clue they needed to find him from here. "So Master assassin." He flashed a teasing grin, much more comfortable with the man after a long ride of chatting. "Lead the way." Eidor could feel a little better that Kevin had not caught up with him this far back in his travel at least.

Eidor patted his horse and said some calming words in another language to her. While he didn't mind loosing to that man so much, especially since he knew how tired his horse was already, Tiaf seemed incredibly irritated by it. It might have been the demon in him that made her wish that she could outrun his horse at the very least. But slightly unwillingly, she calmed down.

"This way." He said and made Tiaf move in a, to her, familiar direction. Soon they came to a stable, where he mounted off of the horse and waited for Kevin to do the same. "I met him in the inn over there. We'll be incredibly lucky if he's still here, but at the very least someone might know which direction he traveled in." He mentioned, deciding to not be too hopeful on certain matters. It was just his way to be skeptical until the opposite had been proven, then he could be happen if it was better than expected.

Cerus was a little worn after the long ride but he was still full of fire and pride, prancing just a bit and showing off to the mare like the silly stud he was. Kevin did not seem to have much patience for this and pinched the horse lightly in irritation, which was all that was necessary for him to calm and start acting like this was business. He dismounted Cerus and rubbed his neck absently as he listened to Eidor. He glanced over at the Inn, deciding that as expected it was unlikely Tal would have stepped foot in such a place. "I will leave that to you then. I have some other avenues I'd like to check out." It was unlikely the past two years had drastically changed some of his sons habits. He would check out the other inns in town and the brothel of course.

Eidor looked curious at the man, but figured he'd get to know what he had been up to sooner or later. "Well then. Let's meet here in a few hours then." He proposed, as that would give them both more than enough time to snoop around to their hearts content.

Walking into the inn he naturally didn't see the man he had once chatted with. Sure, he had been drunk at the time, and sure he had only spoken with him for a few hours, but he was pretty certain that he would recognize the man if he laid eyes on him. If not, then he wouldn't have accepted the task in the first place. Naturally, Eidor started with asking the inn keeper about the man. It took him some time to figure out from the description who exactly Eidor was talking about, but eventually he remembered and Eidor got to know that the man had not lived at the inn, he had only been there a few nights for some drinks before he left.

After having spoken with some other people and even searched another inn where the man might have stayed, he returned to the stables. Once Kevin came back he asked "Found anything?"

"See you in a few hours." Kevin said cheerfully before walking away and fading into the night as if he had never been there.

Kevin asked a couple wondering drunks what the best Inn in town was and checked that out. Surprisingly, and a bit disappointing, no one there recalled seeing anyone who looked remotely like Tal. He was a bit less hopeful then but decided to check out a couple more of the higher priced inns before finally showing up at the priciest brothel in town. There, he finally hit gold. A couple girls remembered him quite well and had a fair bit to say about the time he had spent here.

When he finally emerged from the shadows near the table once more, he was whistling and looked quite cheerful. "Tal was definitely here." It was a good start, but hopefully Eidor had a direction because Tal was sly enough that no one had any idea where he went. "He left no indication of what direction he was going though. How did your search go?"

It seemed like both of them had gotten what they searched for then. That was good news. But it had been better if they could have just found the kid. But that would of course have been too easy and not as fun.

"The man I met has already left town according to both the innkeeper at the inn he stayed at, and a few witnesses I were lucky to meet up with. Non of them seemed to remember a teenager being with him though, so they might be separated at most times and only meet up for practicing. I've heard some people do that for safety reasons." He started to tell Kevin.

"They weren't completely sure where he was going, but he seemed to be riding on the road towards east. The closest town that comes to mind that way is Fireth. Though no one stays in such a small town for long, he'll probably just pass by. Maybe stay a night or two. If we want to catch him we'll better move fast."

"Tal was making a point to stay mostly out of sight." Kevin mused to himself absently. Had Tal expected him to try and follow? Did Tal even know whether he wanted Xerxes to?

Kevin sighed lightly. "Well, I wasn't expecting this to be easy." He pat Cerus's neck. "We'll just have to ride longer and faster then. No one I spoke to said that he seemed to be in an hurry so perhaps we will have that on our side." He slid his hand down and glanced up at the sky. "Shall we take a brief rest and head out in the morning?" It would do him no good to wear down either of the horses and one was definitely less well rested than the other.

As Kevin spoke about longer and faster rides, he became slightly worried for his horse. Tiaf was already incredibly tired, and if they kept going now she would most likely not manage the whole way. But then he continued to say that they should rest for the night. That was certainly good news. Lucky Kevin didn't feel as if he were in a mayor hurry. Even Tiaf seemed to sigh in relief from her stable.

"That seems like a wonderful idea." He agreed. Maybe even he could have use for some rest. After a long trip, and only a few hours of sleep on the first day after he got back to Ruuk, Eidor wasn't too well rested he neither.

"Well then, as you seemed to favor that Inn, shall we stay there for the night?" In a move that was just like his son, who had probably learned it from him and then taken it to extremes, Kevin strolled past Eidor and across the street to the Inn Eidor had pointed out earlier. He went ahead and paid for a room for both of them as he was currently employing the other man. "Rest well then." Kevin flashed Eidor a cheerful smile and headed up the stairs to his room, which was right next to Eidor's.

"Favor and favor. It gave me a roof over my head, alcohol to entertain me and food to re-charge me. Any inn would do for that." Eidor corrected Kevin as he followed. Of course it also was a matter of money and visibility. While he did have the money for a rich mans in, he didn't particularly see any use in throwing away his money on that when he could do it on other things he preferred. On top of that, the more secluded inns with more shady characters tended to understand why people didn't give out their names so easily, and the usually kept silent if guards stepped in, asking for certain criminals. It was just better in general for someone with his profession. You never knew you would get a prize put on your head.

"See ya tomorrow. I hope I won't have to wake up with a staring albino standing over me again." He commented after the man that soon disappeared up the stairs. Sighing he was afraid he might have to re-live that if he weren't careful.

After having gotten himself some dinner he went up to his own room and soon fell asleep. As the sun rose, he woke again. Mainly because he were in his working mode, that pretty much made him wake up when he needed to no matter how little or much sleep he had gotten. During his free time though, he could sleep for up to eighteen hours, though as long as he had an apprentice, that happened incredibly rarely.

Kevin just went straight to bed. He had been on quite a long trip himself and he had been using his powers quite a bit so he was more than ready for a recharge as well. He did not subject Eidor to another crazy wake up experience, though he had woke up around the same time. Instead he freshened himself up in the basin and headed downstairs to get something to eat. He ordered a preposterous amount of food before carrying it agilely to a table and proceeding to practically inhale it.

He kept an eye out for Eidor coming down but was in no hurry to wake up the man and go. He wanted to make sure the horse was well rested at the very least.

Once Eidor went down to get his food ready, he got slightly startled at the amount of food that was on his companions table. More startling was that there were evidence of him having eaten for at least a few minutes already, which meant it had been even more on those plates when he started. The way he ate it on was even more frightening. But at the same time incredibly interesting. How did he not suffocate?

"I'm quite surprised you haven't killed yourself yet, eating like that." Saying good morning was too much of a bother, better start out the day with some joking. "So, when do you reckon we'll leave?" He then asked as he sat down, not yet ready to eat himself. Breakfast often just made him sick. If they were in a hurry he would simply bring something with them to eat while traveling. That was nothing new for him.

Kevin paused briefly in his inhaling to flash Eidor another grin. "Practice." He replied cheerfully before stuffing half of a waffle into his mouth without seeming to chew at all. "We can leave whenever you feel ready. The stop was mostly for your horse, so I will leave it to you to decide when she is rested enough to go on." He resumed his eating at a only slightly more reasonable pace and had quickly cleared off all of the plates and leaned back with a content sigh. "Ah, that should do it for a while." He hadn't eaten in a day? Day and a half? He had been quite hungry either way.

Eidor watched fascinated as the man fast devoured everything that was on his plates. How in the world was that even possible? "Tiaf is quite used to little rest, one good nights sleep is enough to make sure she'll last the week if there's a hurry somewhere." He reassured Kevin. Tiaf might not be happy about the lack of sleep, but she could go on. They had been together for long enough, and gotten into enough situation that forced them to survive on the minimum, for him to know what she could and couldn't take. After all was over, they could both rest for weeks and just take it easy.

"Shouldn't you be in a bit more of a hurry? If you loose him in the next town, then there's no guarantee that we'll find him again." Eidor then said. While he didn't mind long lasting jobs, it seemed ridiculous to stall when they had such a fresh clue that might actually get them to where to boy are immediately. Wait too long and they might already be gone.

Kevin idly started stacking the plates he had used while he listened to Eidor. He was quite for a few moments before speaking very lowly and seriously. "I am in quite the hurry. That is why I want to make sure you are as prepared as you can get because once we leave and start moving, I am going to push everyone to their limits. This is the closest to catching up with Tal I've been since I started this journey. Once I start moving again I am not going to slow down until I've cornered him, because that is what it is going to take." He dropped the serious look and smiled brightly. "So, if you feel you are prepared for that, then by all means let's get going."

Eidor was quite surprised by the response, and for a moment he weren't sure what to say. But then a smile appeared on his lips. Determination was a powerful weapon. "We'll meet at the stables in ten minutes." Eidor said as he rose from his seat, not going to stall them any longer than necessary. He walked out and went to a nearby bread shop which he knew opened early. There he bought his breakfast, newly baked bread was the best, and some extra so it would last for the upcoming week, in case they wouldn't have time to actually stop at all. More than that was unnecessary to get, it would just get bad if it was out in the air for more than a week.

Then he went back to the stables, returning on the nine minutes mark to prepare the horse in the last minute. "I hope you're prepared now, we might not get much sleep for some time." Eidor warned Tiaf in his own language, as that was the only one she could completely understand. Not because he had trained to make her used to this country's language. She made some disapproving noises before calming down. Eidor promised her rest as fast as they were done, so she better move fast, the faster she moved the faster they might get it done. That made her rather eager to start. He had barely gotten up on the horse before she tried to run.

Once up he tried to hinder her from moving until Kevin was completely prepared to leave himself. "Shall we leave then?" He asked his companion, just as ready as Tiaf to get going. They would most likely make a race out of it, that was the best way of keeping the spirit up after all.

"Excellent." Kevin stayed in his seat barely longer than Eidor. He went back upstairs briefly to make sure he had all of this things before heading down to the stables to saddle Cerus. The stud was all ready to go once again and was prancing around making a pain of himself until Kevin flicked his ear. "Not right now." He murmured chidingly to the horse before pulling the last strap tight and pulling himself up and over in the very practiced motion of someone who has been riding horses for a long time indeed.

He flashed Edior a grin. "See you outside of town." He flicked the reigns and Cerus was off like a shot.