embarrassing things about yourself

I'm nearly 23 and I can't swim or ride a bike :I or drive.

I am a full grown adult and still afraid of the dark. If I'm alone there has to be a light on either from the tv or my laptop or the actual light. And I do mean if I am in full darkness I start to panic....I blame my love of all things ghostly and horror >.>

I'm pretty much afraid of the dark too. Probably because I have an overactive imagination and psych myself out on the weirdest thing. The fact I tend to be sleep-deprived at night likely figures into it as well, but not entirely.

I remember a few years ago when I was driving about... 45 minutes to another town to hang out with friends and would drive home at night... I'd read this story about a phantom highway trooper that would appear and run cars down and kill people. And I was legitimately convinced, in spite of all rationality, that this thing existed and was going to get me. And I would feel super nervous whenever I saw headlights behind me.

Had a bedroom with ground level windows. No blinds, just curtains. Can't stand to have the curtains open even a bit at night. Once the corner was askew so there was a triangle showing out the window. Pitch black, but if someone had walked up and peered in, you'd see their face. And I was CONVINCED this would happen if I didn't readjust them.

Other times I might look out the window where it's just barely lit by nearby street lights and expect to see... something.

And generally feel freaked out about going around the house at night. Mind you, this is at a time I'm still living with my parents, so they were both asleep upstairs, as was the dog.

My girlfriend lives alone in the country with just a cat, and during the winter she'd have to down to the basement to restart the furnace like once a night. I would probably die living in that situation.

I'm pretty much afraid of the dark too. Probably because I have an overactive imagination and psych myself out on the weirdest thing. The fact I tend to be sleep-deprived at night likely figures into it as well, but not entirely.

I remember a few years ago when I was driving about... 45 minutes to another town to hang out with friends and would drive home at night... I'd read this story about a phantom highway trooper that would appear and run cars down and kill people. And I was legitimately convinced, in spite of all rationality, that this thing existed and was going to get me. And I would feel super nervous whenever I saw headlights behind me.

Had a bedroom with ground level windows. No blinds, just curtains. Can't stand to have the curtains open even a bit at night. Once the corner was askew so there was a triangle showing out the window. Pitch black, but if someone had walked up and peered in, you'd see their face. And I was CONVINCED this would happen if I didn't readjust them.

Other times I might look out the window where it's just barely lit by nearby street lights and expect to see... something.

And generally feel freaked out about going around the house at night. Mind you, this is at a time I'm still living with my parents, so they were both asleep upstairs, as was the dog.

My girlfriend lives alone in the country with just a cat, and during the winter she'd have to down to the basement to restart the furnace like once a night. I would probably die living in that situation.
Omg it's like you were talking about me. I feel the exact same. Like I'm so convinced I'm going to see something or like something will get me when I look away and it's triggers my anxiety so bad. It's 100% and irrational fear but it still freaks me out to this day!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
I pick at the insides of my ears until they bleed
I used to pick at my nose until it bled, too

Nearly three years later I'm still in the same zero hours jobs I got right out of uni that was meant to be for six months tops. Job hunting has not gone well.

whoa i had no idea that other people have that problem too with giving eye contact :O

it just feels so creepy to me to look into another person's eyes and i have no idea why...

over time its only gotten worse rather than better and i'm concerned people might think i'm not sincere

also, when i eat spicy food, my nose runs like a river which is EXTREMELY embarrassing when there are other people present...

why can't my eyes water like a normal person???

people don't want to sit in front of a snot-faucet... :'(

• Haha
Reactions: RAIN.cloud
I never finished high school and just thinking about possibly taking classes at all, even online ones make me feel nauseous and panicky. It's embarrassing when all my family wants to do is ask me about my plans for the future. I'll stick to my self-studies thanks >.>

Slightly less serious, the fact that I cry about everything is embarrassing.

And I mean everything.

Someone yells at me? Crying
Kittens or puppies or other baby animals? Sobbing
Can't get the toast out of the toaster for some reason without burning my fingers? I hope you like a river of tears!!!
Already crying? Let's just make it worse.

It's so frustrating

I never finished high school and just thinking about possibly taking classes at all, even online ones make me feel nauseous and panicky. It's embarrassing when all my family wants to do is ask me about my plans for the future. I'll stick to my self-studies thanks >.>

Slightly less serious, the fact that I cry about everything is embarrassing.

And I mean everything.

Someone yells at me? Crying
Kittens or puppies or other baby animals? Sobbing
Can't get the toast out of the toaster for some reason without burning my fingers? I hope you like a river of tears!!!
Already crying? Let's just make it worse.

It's so frustrating

I cry a lot myself for all kinds of things, but what frustrates me is the fact that I never cry at funerals! I can bawl for two pixelated video game characters being reunited, but when its those times where I'm supposed to cry, I can't squeeze out a single tear regardless of how close I am to the deceased! XD

• Love
Reactions: RX Inoxia
Every once in awhile I'll spend hours listening to songs from some of my favorite childhood movies *___*
The following just a tiny portion of examples:

Tarzan - Strangers Like Me

Spirit: Stallion Of the Cimarron - Get off of my Back

Oliver and Company - Why Should I Worry?

The Aristocats - Everybody Wants to Be a Cat

A Goofy Movie - Eye to Eye

I cannot trill the 'r' even if my life depends on it. I even went to speech therapy for the trilling 'r' as a kid, but obviously that hasn't helped!

I am terrible with directions and navigation. Until I've driven somewhere with Google Maps at least 5 or 6 times, I'll get terribly lost. Even if it's not far away from my apartment or my office, even if someone's driven me there before, I'll lose my way. On top of that, I never remember where I've parked my car, so I always advise friends to do the driving or to remember where we parked and not rely on me. Fortunately, Google Maps can usually guide me, it was really rough when I only had printed out or hand written directions or worse - memorizing directions.

Another thing I'm embarrassed of is the fact that I'm still superstitious. I am a skeptic, I haven't believed in anything supernatural for a long time and yet, movies about ghosts and demons scare me to death. I can't watch them by myself and even listening to podcasts like The Black Tapes creeps me out too much to listen to at night. I know I shouldn't be scared but I think some fears are just too deeply ingrained to leave behind. It doesn't stop me from seeking out these stories, horror is one of my favorite genres too.

• Thank You
I don't like hot dog meat. It's disgusting. But I live in America and you know barbecues everyone is eating a hot dog. So when I was a kid I would put mayo and ketchup in a bun and eat it like that. Because I was a dumb kid wanted to be normal like everyone else. The thing is. I still do it from time to time.

I know I said I wouldn't get personal. But you guys really inspired me to be honest.

Lighthearted. I eat like a pig. Sometimes I can't talk right. Sometimes a bad memory. Sometimes will entirely avoid something if it means not going outside or not talking to people. I cling to and always need to hug people I'm close with like I'm 3 years old. I still try to hug my parents every night and feel sad if I don't. When it came to friends in school, back then girls I was friends with thought I was a creepy lesbian because of how clingy I could be. Gay, maybe, creep I hope not. The constant need to cling on their arm or lay on them was my need for affection, not meant to be sexual- On that note, my ability to dish out flirts but hate when I receive them back due to phobias. Can dish it but can't take it I guess. Literally everything in my school years from my speeches to getting caught drawing inappropriate stuff. I try to blank out those years.

Less lighthearted. I'm the embarrassing agoraphobic neckbeard (is it legbeard for girls?) NEET of the family. Having reasons doesn't make it less embarrassing. But what's more embarrassing? To be honest, trying to pretend that I'm okay and every bit as smart, strong, capable as other adults when I'm not. I do need accommodations. Because when I try to pretend otherwise, the charade falls fast and I end up crying in public, yelled at, people making comments, getting in trouble or something as bad.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Chum Is Fum
I fart in public all the time and I guess it's embarrassing especially when it is stinku and someone makes a face. It is a true struggle to keep a straight face when that happens. Poor random people stuck next to me at work after I've eaten gassy foods :(

I cry a lot myself for all kinds of things, but what frustrates me is the fact that I never cry at funerals! I can bawl for two pixelated video game characters being reunited, but when its those times where I'm supposed to cry, I can't squeeze out a single tear regardless of how close I am to the deceased! XD

That's another thing! Despite being a massive crybaby for practically everything else, I don't cry at funerals. A couple of years ago, my Great-Uncle, who'd been more of a dad to me than my actual father had been in a really long time, died and I was more or less the only dry-eyed one in the funeral home. I hate crying in public and knew that if I started I'd never stop, so I just...didn't. It was like I'd turned that part of my brain off for the day. I cried before and after once I was home and my mother left, but not during the funeral. I got a lot of weird looks for it.

I TOO AM A HIGHSCHOOL DROP OUT AND I NEVER GOT MY GED. BUT LOOK AT THE EMPIRES I CREATED. DON'T BE EMBARRASSED SOME OF US JUST LEARN DIFFERENTLY AND SCHOOL WAS NOT GOOD FOR US!

But I am 100% totally embarrassed that I too have issues with eye contact. >:[ I would prefer not looking at a person at all when I talk to them, but I try to do eye contact because that's supposedly what you're supposed to do when engaging with another human being, but I hate it. ;__;

Um, I am also embarrassed that I start grinning like a damn moron when someone posts for an rp I love, or someone I love posts for me. >__> I can't turn it off, i am just so excited to have the posty and there i am full on smirking with glee for no good reason.

I am also a crier. >:[ Everything and anything. Adorable pictures, meaningful musics, movies, books, angry, nice things said at me... crying forever. T___T

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
It's nice to see so many other criers ^_^

I tend to cry at pretty much anything. I mean silly little things can make my eyes leak. Happy, sad, angry, frustrated. Two strangers helping each other, I'm crying. :'D

I should really keep tissues at hand.

I listen to video-game based music made by fans, sometimes for hours at a time. That's probably my most shameful thing to admit.

My left foot kicks out and my knee buckles because my muscles are messed up and makes me walk and run funny.

I'm a bit scared of the dark and full-on panic sprint back to the house when I have to do something outside at night.

I have huge feet and I stub my toes a lot.

Also I daydream in public occasionally and have had to apologize to people for staring 'at' them for uncomfortable amounts of time (also I got myself stuck in a door while daydreaming).

When someone replies to an rp I'm passionate about, I get so excited I legit bounce.

I yell a lot and don't have good voice control, and can't tell when I'm being obnoxious sometimes.