4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
High fantasy, modern fantasy, gaslamp fantasy, Anything Fantasy, dark comedy, supernatural, paranormal, psychological, essentially everything except slice-of-life and historical.
this is not entirely lighthearted but I wanted to vent somewhere cuz I feel a bit frazzled

I'm not educated and I'm not well read. I only have a GED, and I struggle to read for many different reasons, some physical, some psychological. I'm relatively confident in my writing abilities, but whenever I'm faced with someone who is obviously educated and devours books like a demon, I'm suddenly painfully, miserably aware of the fact that I am just coasting by on a base line of intelligence. It makes me feel humiliated tbh, and a bit like a fake. An imposter or something. I do not like it. When I'm forced to (or choose to) interact with them, it's like whatever small amount of knowledge I have goes out the window, too, and I sound like an idiot. I find it very difficult to interact with, or become friends with, people I think are much smarter than me. Probably has something to do with my genius brother and the inferiority complex I developed because of that, huh

anyway on a more lighthearted note, I am SUPER gullible because I always want to believe the best of everyone but the stuff people have gotten me to believe by taking advantage of that :' ( OH BOY

also, I've picked my pinky toenails to the point that I can literally rip them off without feeling much of anything, whoops

My bullshit filter is pretty bad, especially regarding politics and current events. Like, is that a low-effort far right meme, or a legitimate criticism of society? shrug

I always find it embarrassing that I'm a high school dropout. I tend to feel rather small when I listen/read to people conversing about college and uni and all sorts of topics that I just don't get. I know I'm not dumb or stupid, but it can feel that way.

That I forget everything.

That even if I am in the right, I get too scared to defend myself.

I sleep more often than I am awake.

• Love
Reactions: RX Inoxia
I pick at my nails and hang nails and I feel like I will never be able to truly experience uni life because of how poor I am. 8(

Probably that I have the memory of a flea. It's a terrible curse to have while working in the health field, because nothing is more embarrassing than doctors thinking you're an imbecile because you forgot something for the patient, especially something GLARINGLY obvious. It doesn't help that I get distracted easily >_>

Getting trapped anywhere in public during a manic episode is supremely humiliating. The fact that I have these problems at all is humiliating.

embarrassing but i am a+

It really bothers me when my health is butts.
I feel embarrassed and super whiny talking about it and I hate having to do anything differently than I want to because of it (and power through all the time when I probably shouldn't).

I've worked really hard on my social and general anxiety over the years and while I'm no longer afraid of simple things like making phone calls, there is a small part of me that is always worried that people straight up hate me. I can usually ignore it and calm myself down, but I get really embarrassed when I can't talk myself out of it and get upset over non-issues where I'm bothering my friends or thinking some random person has beef with me. It feels like I've invalidated all of the progress I've made with overcoming my fears about others and their intentions.

On a less serious note, some jokes go right over my head and I feel dumb while everyone laughs, lol.

Well..... I can't swim, and I'm afraid of heights to the point where being three feet off the ground makes me dizzy. I also have a stupidly low pain tolerance, so I tend to automatically embarrass myself if other people are around to see me get hurt :(

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Spekkun
I am a full grown adult and still afraid of the dark. If I'm alone there has to be a light on either from the tv or my laptop or the actual light. And I do mean if I am in full darkness I start to panic....I blame my love of all things ghostly and horror >.>

I am a full grown adult and still afraid of the dark. If I'm alone there has to be a light on either from the tv or my laptop or the actual light. And I do mean if I am in full darkness I start to panic....I blame my love of all things ghostly and horror >.>
omg same, I even have a dumb little nightlight I use from Ikea

When I park my car into a particularly tight spot I tend to wiggle in my seat.
As if its me attempting to fit into it, and not the actual car around me.
I feel as if I park more seamlessly when I do so.

• Haha
Reactions: Navuso
I have trouble looking people in the eyes. It used to be really bad when I was younger and though I'm older I still feel some way about it. I don't know if it is anxiety or something else. I'm working on it though bit by bit.

Do you sprint at mach speed to your bed when it's time to sleep, or turn on all bedroom lights beforehand?

I have trouble looking people in the eyes. It used to be really bad when I was younger and though I'm older I still feel some way about it. I don't know if it is anxiety or something else. I'm working on it though bit by bit.

I had this problem for a while due to anxiety. Good to know you're not letting it hold you back, though! Take it slow.

:cookie:

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Do you sprint at mach speed to your bed when it's time to sleep, or turn on all bedroom lights beforehand?

Depends on how brave I'm feeling
9.9/10 my light is on. that other .1/10 i have my laptop on and run.
if i need a drink past 3am i literally run for my life doesn't help that i feel watched past 3am
or i just leave all the lights on >.>.......

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
tbh i hate looking people in the eye
its just....so uncomfortable? my mom gets on me about it
so i'll look and then look away or look just past them so i can trick them into think im looking at them lol

• Love
Reactions: Chum Is Fum
tbh i hate looking people in the eye
its just....so uncomfortable? my mom gets on me about it
so i'll look and then look away or look just past them so i can trick them into think im looking at them lol
When I was younger it was overwhelming, with my family and friends and especially those I didn't know.
I can understand what you mean though.
Now I will look but it's not long but it's a work in progress every day actually until I am able to overcome it.

Reactions: RAIN.cloud
I totally get the pinky toenail thing. One night when I was small I had anxiety so bad I tore off most of my toenails. Still struggling to get them to grow correctly. It's one of the things I feel sort of dumb about. C'est la vie.

I jump into my bed. I wish I could say it's due to at one time believing monsters are under my bed, but no. It's much more dorky than that. When I was little I used to play pretend Lion King and jumping into my bed reminded me of the times Simba jumped in the movie.

Took me forever to stop capitalizing doctor after I quit doing Doctor Who RPs.

When I was a kid I had no actual concept that things on the T.V. might actually be fiction, because if the news was real, why wouldn't my cartoon shows be?

This culminated into my lifelong dream to one day become a pokemon trainer for a few solid years, despite the fact I never actually met a pokemon at that point, until I told my mom one day and she had to break the truth to me that pokemon didn't exist.

Reactions: RX Inoxia