E.S.N.A (Eradicators of SuperNatural Affairs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brant's paranoia began setting in. It had been a while since he sent that last text. What if they had been captured by cultists and were being sacrificed at this moment? What if they had all turned on each other? Or maybe this was just a ploy to lure him out there and get himself killed by a bunch of supernaturals, some of them did have shady pasts after all.

Agent Mason paused his paranoid prattle for a moment when he felt a wave of energy, something big, something deep. Rounding the corner he came up to the door to HQ and made his way in. He was not prepared for what was on the other side. Before the bright light was gone he was he was enveloped in that same old energy. It felt like being in the middle of the ocean with no raft or life jacket, and he felt something in that bottomless depth take notice of him. Brant didn't remember when he started using the door way to keep himself up. In front of him splinters of what looked like the front desk floated around and beyond that the head of E.S.N.A. was squaring off against what could only be The Old One, he could feel the timelessness, the slow power. Brant pushed his supernatural sense down so instead of feeling like drowning he simply felt nauseous.

Gathering himself up mentally, he remembered what he was doing when he noticed the group of people that had gotten up from their desks to crowd the doorway. The Victoria's unit, Hecate, the ritual, his trophy status....He knew what to do. Brant pushed himself off the door frame and walked around the splinters and the stand off, pushing himself through the gawkers and making his way to a certain asshole's computer.

The farther he got the better he felt yet he couldn't escape that feeling completely. It was like The Olde Ones aura was permeating the building. Brant tried to shake off the sensation as he came up to the desk. There was noone sitting at it, of course, and the computer was still on and logged in. Looking around he saw that pretty much everyone was staring into the front room. The coast was clear. With deft key strokes Agent Mason quickly found the proper files and made an "official" transfer of himself over to Victoria's team. Transfer complete. Brant then hurried over to his own desk and pulled out a couple folder files and a deceptively powerful revolver from his desk along with a couple speed loaders and a handful of other nick knacks that may come in handy. The power in this place was getting stifling, he didn't want to be in here much longer but he wasn't sure if the door would still be there when he got back to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If any of you survive do not come looking for me. I never wanted to be with any of you." Each of her commander's words stung as they entered Ayaka's ears. The young agent shook her head, That can't be true. The commander wouldn't leave us. . . But she still watched in silence as Victoria walked away. Aya did not miss her fleeting glance though, which made her understand that Victoria didn't mean what she said. Aya would just have to deal with this situation first.

Her skin practically crawled as the area became surrounded by the Vampire's dark aura. The witch had given Faith an order, and Asura was still out there in the open. "Brendan." Her voice was strong when she spoke, it surprised herself, "I am going to put a kekkai barrier around Faith. The vampires look to be backing off and, at the moment, she is who will attack." Taking out her last four knives, she threw them and they landed in a large square on the ground around Faith. "Listen, when I put this up, I won't be very helpful. It will be up to you and Asura to help her, you two will be able to enter, but she cannot leave until I drop it."

Aya looked to the poor girl who had just been injected, and her blood was boiling. She wanted to see him dead for sure. He had hurt her friends and this innocent girl, and he would pay dearly.

Faith heard the command, and simply pushed her nose to the ground, trying her best to fight something she hadn't even heard. Her former anger was becoming fear-
Fear of evicersting her former comrades and pulling them apart, limb from limb.

"Get us a vehicle and some backup to cover our escape. I'll try to extract them." Brendan said as ducked behind cover, he thought about changing magazines, but figured it was better to have the blessed rounds, in case the vampires tried something. "Unless you know a spell to change her back to human. . ." He said, showing her one of his magazines, the bullets inside gleamed in the meager light. . . silver. He almost unconsciously showed the scar on his throat. If Aya could change her back to human, he and Asura could overpower her and get her back to base. If not he knew it would be better to put her down.

The Wolvesbane! Aya couldn't believe she had forgotten about it from the elevator. Reaching into her pack, she pulled out the small baggie it was held in and stepped out from her hiding spot. "Asura, stay back." She called out to him as she approached Faith. Aya stepped inside the boundary of her knives and pulled out the Wolvesbane from its confining pouch. Without missing a beat, she pulled up a barrier around the two of them. Four walls of light cascaded around them and Aya spoke,
"Return now, Faith."

The words, and the bitter tone told him that Cohan had forgotten his place. The Old One had kept with enough current events, and had even been in the city for the past several years gaining a grasp on what the vampire was planning. Unseen deals, allowing room for his own kind to grow, the innocents being plucked from the streets. It was all signs that pointed towards Cohan cared more for his own kind then that of his duties. If The Old One had been up to strength before now, and if his body had not been reduced to passing dust it would have lead to this meeting sooner. He had to regain his power before he could even stand before Cohan like he was now. 'It is sad that one such as he fell so far.' Moving into position in front of Cohan he looked down at the man who seemed to be moving his hands to his back. "Lord Cohan, by decree of higher law you are to be put to death. Have you anything to say on your behalf?"

"Only that I know what you are." Cohan moved quickly, pulling a sharpened spike from under his shirt. The spike was made of an old tree which was the bane of immortals the world over. The lack of movement from the man who stood before him was all the opening he needed. Plunging it deep into where his heart should be, and yet striking nothing. Both the spike, and his hand moved into his opponent. They both kept going, and the robes before him began to fall to the floor, as hushed whispers began to blow through the crowd.

"Were it so easy." The words came from every inch of the room, and yet no where. Cohan took a careful step back, while scanning his surroundings.

"So, the great, and powerful Old One is a coward? What happened to all the power you were displaying? Don't tell me you ran out of steam." Cohan was beginning to panic. His opponent had disappeared, but his energy was still bathing his location. It had even caused a pressure to form in his chest. Almost like his lifeless lungs were full of energy themselves. The pressure grew, with every motion he took. It became crippling, forcing him to drop his weapon he had so carefully chosen. "What is this?"

"By the power placed in me from those on high." Cohan's chest began to swell. Rib could be heard breaking, and his clothes began to tear as his upper half grew in size. From out of his torso shot an elongated ashy arm. Which reached up, and covered Lord Cohan's mouth. More so to keep from hearing the mans pleas. The force over his mouth began to make itself know as the grip began to crush the bones of his face. The wooden shards that had begun floating through the room stirred to life, and began moving within striking distance of the vampire. Who had begun clawing at the arm latched to his face. Those wooden shards moved through the air quick as lightning, and pinned him to the floor by his arms, and legs. He began to look to the crowd with muffled pleas of help, as fear over came his face. Still his chest swelled even greater, and a form began to take shape. That of a man. "I find you guilty in your crimes, and pass down judgement. The call of death will mark your passing."

Cohan let loose a scream as his body began to bubble. Within moments his body gave way, and became a sudden cloud of red mist. It began to sweep through the room, before settling leaving only a large blood stain on the floor. In the middle stood The Old One holding the remains of his skull in his left hand. His cloak was once again on his person, and he was facing the crowd. Arm outstretched he let loose the skull, which quickly formed to dust before ever making it to the floor. "Would anyone else like to stand before me?" Scanning the crowd he could feel someone probing the depths of his being. Making careful note of what he could do. Reaching out to the person he sent a mental message back to them. 'You are in no danger. Come. I have a task for you.'

• Love
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
The wolf let out a snarl before it's bones began breaking, it's fur falling out along with her claws, and it's eyes bleeding as they shrunk in too small of a place for the eye socket to hold them.
The noises coming from the transformation were quite horrible- but it looked even worse than it sounded.
After half a minute of transformation, a bald human that was seemingly just a skeloten was left on the ground with very thin skin around the bones. It didn't take long after that for the hair on her head to grow back, and her musculature to regrow. However, she did have a problem she warned her huntress about- she was now completely nude.
Faith laid there...motionless at first- like she was waking up from a nap.
Performing a near knuckle pushup to get off the ground, she stood, looking for a coat or something someone could lend her.
Her mouth had blood caked over it, and her teeth had bits of flesh and tissue stuck in it.

Finally, the noise stopped. Nash's ears felt like they were going to fall right off with how hard he'd been pulling down on them, and they were still ringing, making figuring out what was going on impossible for a few terrifying minutes. He was vaguely aware of Victoria speaking, but the words were scattered, indistinct. Her scent as well as that of Sepi began to get farther away. Were they leaving? Did Victoria have the other witch in her custody? Should he follow them?

The stench of vampires suddenly assaulted his three nostrils. It took all his willpower not to gag. There were so many of them, more than he'd ever seen in one area. A trap. And they'd fallen right into it. He snarled, his jagged teeth folding out to make the gesture as frightening as possible. They'd all been had. Victoria was a traitor. She would pay.

Nash considered cloaking himself and running after Victoria before they could get too far away. Humans were one thing, but Nash had no qualms about killing a witch, especially one that had betrayed them so thoroughly. He had no way of knowing that it was all a lie, that Victoria was under a spell; he couldn't see the desperation in her eyes, nor feel the magic taking hold of her. The vampires waiting everywhere were the only thing holding him back. What if they could track him down, even if he kept himself effectively invisible? He'd be dead for sure. He hissed a curse.

The smell of werewolf faded from the area as Aya managed to turn Faith back. The sounds were awful, but nothing Nash hadn't heard plenty of times before. Not just from werewolves transforming back: he'd played with illusions of debilitating injuries while feeding before. Now that one of the larger dangers was out of the way, Nash finally walked out of his hiding place in the shadows and stood by Aya. If the vampires chose to attack, he could aid in their escape with his magic. "Sorry I wasn't much help," he muttered. "I can't risk breaking my fingers in combat."

Asura began taking off his coat. As to both give Faith some means to cloth herself, and to make any fighting that much easier. "You did what you could friend, but now is not the time. We need a plan." He scanned the surrounding area. With Faith back to normal a large threat was out of the picture. At the same time it also weaken them as a whole by taking away from combative force. There was no telling how long Nash had till he would need to feed again, and he himself had given the only weapon he had away to cover their own tracks. This left Brendan having the only weapons the group could make use of. Yet none of them would have the ability to remove the head of the creatures making them useless. Ayaka might be able to hold them off for a time, but once her powers failed her they would still have to fight their way out. Then there was the case of the young Ruby.

If they left her here she would only become a threat to the living, and one day have to be put down. Attempting an escape with her would prove to be that much more difficult as their movements would have to be perfect. Not only in timing, but in execution. Between Brendan, Nash, or himself they could carry her. Which meant someone would have to be moving slower then the others. Someone could remove her at risk of being left behind. Just how far would the vampires pursue them? What were their numbers? Could they be out run? These were just a few of the questions Asura was asking himself while rolling up his sleeves, and undoing his tie.

"Ayaka." He said it in a more demanding tone, and turned his attention back towards Faith, and herself. "If Nash is feeling up to it, Brendan, Faith, and yourself should get out of here with the girl. We may have fallen into a trap, but that does not mean we have to play along." He had begun to make a plan. If Nash was still strong enough there was a chance he could increase their numbers for a short time. Making them a larger threat till he could transform. At which point during the retreat his claws would make the perfect weapon to use against the vampires. There was only one flaw he could foresee. If any of the blood suckers trailed off after them the burden might make them more suitable prey. Regardless of what ifs they needed to move now while it was still an option. "Brendan, their going to need your help over here!" He shouted over his shoulder while moving to Nash. "You my friend are with me. We only need to cover their escape. I'm going to need you to make enough time for me to transform. At which point I will cover your escape." He had a fleeting thought of Victoria, and how she had left them to die. That would be his fuel to transform.

"Yes, Sir! Aya! Faith! on me! Aya! Get us some Evac!" He said, beginning to move up. He would rather kill her then and there, but he did not have the means. His pistol raised, he mentally counted to himself, he had 10 blessed rounds left. If Oberon was any indication, one of these rounds to the head was enough to take a Vampire out of the fight. . . for a while at least. Pulling off headshots were not always easy though, but a pulped brain would ruin anyone's day.

"I'll Take her!" Lan shouted, emerging from the alleyway. If it were possible, the jiangshi would have tears in her eyes. She had failed to protect her once, but no more. Her greater strength would make it easier to carry the body, meaning that getting her out would not slow down the group as much.

"Good, Move now!" Brendan shouted, as he took aim at the vampire holding Ruby. He fired a round, praying that it would find its mark on the foul creature's head. Lan ran forward, intending to scoop up the newly created vampire while the others were distracted.

"Be careful, Nash, Asura. No dying." Was Aya's response to Asura's plan. "Brendan, Lan, Faith! Stay close to me. I'll put a barrier up and I am going to need cover." Pulling out paper talismans, she tacked one to each of her people before tacking one to her own chest. Taking in a deep breath, she let the rest of her power pool around them. Pulling her hands in front of her chest, she made the seal of the Immoveable One and began to chant the scripture. While Western religions worked better on Vampires than Eastern ones, such as Buddhism, the power of her faith would be potent enough.

Around the five of them leaving, they were surrounded in her silver light. It's now or never. . . She thought numbly. They would get the commander back, she could feel it in her soul.

Faith followed at a slowed pace, trying to keep herself from being exposed. As usual, post transformation, she felt rather violated. Hence why she never bothered with expensive clothes.
"I taste vampire...what did I do, exactly?" Faith asked, eyebrow raised.

Nash gave a nod, happy to finally be of service. He turned his back on Asura, closed his eyes, perked up his ears, and focused, discerning the locations of each individual vampire. He tried to keep his breathing shallow, not wanting to inhale too much of their stench at once. He wouldn't be able to maintain another illusion of the demon for very long; something smaller was in order. He called to mind the strongest somni of his old clan and, for effect, shouted some nonsense that sounded like a spell. Six of his brethren were conjured in flashes of light, appearing to teleport to the garden and arrange themselves in a circle around Nash and Asura. They were fearsome things, all teeth and claws, with grotesquely bulging muscles exaggerating the leathery look of their skin. The illusions all snarled at the vampires surrounding them, some of them holding bladed weapons or Jerusalem thorns. Nash himself stood tall in the middle, the ringmaster of the army he'd summoned.

Brant had come back to the crowd, something like this didn't happen everyday. What he saw wouldn't be easy to forget. The energies being used were things he had read about in tomes. Mason marveled at the energies being used. Then, Cohan was obliterated and he remembered what stood before him.

You are in no danger. Come. I have a task for you.

Mason hardened his mind reflexively but he quickly realized that if The Old One wanted to do him harm he very well could have already. Brant let out a breath and started pushing through the crowd "Excuse me." There was a collection of shocked looks as he made his way into the room and stood before The Old One. Even as he stood there just a couple feet from that last person who stood before The Old One, he began a cursory analysis via psychic probing and using his supernatural senses. Habit.

The call went to voice mail "This is Brendan Kane of Victoria's unit, under heavy attack in Regent's Park from Vampires, requesting immediate evacuation." The former SAS soldier paused for a bit, firing on another Vampire, grey matter splattered the walls behind it. "Fuck it, by the time you get this message we'll probably be dead, bring a spatula and a few coffee cans to Regent's Park to collect whatever's left of us."

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Asura gave a glance after the second group leaving. With the window made by Nash he would have to be quick. He only hoped that between all of them they could make it back to head quarters. Closing his eyes he let the scene of Victoria's betrayal replay in his head. "If any of you survive do not come looking for me. I never wanted to be with any of you." The words burned into his memory, as anger flooded his being. 'Once this is over Victoria... You will answer for this.' His mouth began to drip fresh blood, as a bursting pain developed in his chest. Collapsing on the ground Asura opened his mouth to let blood covered teeth drop out one by one. His body began to become longer, while his arms, and legs grew both in length, and size. His skin began to split as long sharpened bones pushed their way through the tips of his fingers. Loud cracking sound could be heard as his torso swelled to become more built. His whole body began to shed skin, and clothing as his legs broke, and reformed into that of a wolf's. His face formed into a that of a wolf snout, as the last of his skin hit the ground.

Curled into a large ball on that cold ground was now a creature that only resembled the form on a man in the sense that it's body structure was similar. As it stood upright it's claws were still about to drag the ground despite the creature being close to eight, and a half feet tall. There was a blood lust in it's Silver eyes as it scanned the area near by. Dropping to all fours Asura took to tracing anything near by according to scent. Once done he let out a bone chilling howl that was closer to that of a resident of Hell, then to a breast of the Earth. For him while protecting Nash he would be able to release most of his stress, while being able to ensure the team got home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2:38 A.M.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had yet to see the others. Only Nash, and himself arrived at the parking garage. Most likely due to the speed at which they had been moving. Not staying in his beast form for too long Asura had dropped back into his normal self roughly an hour ago. Which had left him nude, and in need of clothes. Which as luck would have it were able to be taken from a very willing vampire corpse. He had not been able to escape uninjured as shortly afterwards they were set upon again, leaving him with a broken arm, with several ribs to match. "Do you think they're all right Nash? Hell for that matter are you all right?" During the last attack they had been lucky as to the small number of the group, but had been separated due to the brute force used. Had it not been for a set of windows they might not have made it.

"I think so," Nash said as he inspected the damage on himself. Asura changing into his werewolf form had made Nash's self-preservation instincts kick into overdrive; the illusions of the somnus army had dissipated almost immediately, leaving Nash to use his magic to distract the vampires pursuing him, and him specifically. Asura had to survive largely on his own, leading to some of his injuries. When the vampires managed to dig their claws into Nash's body and not a briefly displayed lie, they had been stopped by the thick folds of his skin. Nash was bleeding slowly in many places -- thick, black stuff that smelled faintly of sulfur -- but his injuries weren't life-threatening by any means. "The others should be just fine. They're trained for this sort of situation. We should worry about ourselves."

He looked up after a small pause and posed a question that might not be too smart to ask. "Where do you think Victoria is?"

Practically stumbling into the parking garage, Aya noticed Asura and Nash waiting for them. Relief washed over her, Thank God they're okay. She let out a breath she didn't even know she had been holding. The way here was insanity, and the fact that she was able to keep her barrier up as long as she did was a miracle in and of itself.

Blood seeped out of a good sized gash on her left arm, left by a Vampire who was able to land an attack before someone, she couldn't remember who, took him out. She was dangerously low on magic and doubted that she would be able to use any for at least an hour or two. Aya felt drained, dead tired, and slightly sick as she approached her teammates.

Before she could speak, she was thrown into a fit of violent coughing that made her double over. Tears burned in her eyes until finally, the taste of iron in her mouth made her spit. The red liquid hit the ground in a splat! She was slightly surprised but simply wiped the blood from her mouth and breathed deeply. That low on magic, eh? She looked at Nash and Asura.

"Well, looks like we aren't dead yet." She gave a lopsided grin and clutched the prayer beads in her hand.

Reactions: Dreaded Sonata
Nash looked at Aya with concern in his beady black eyes. Normally he would put up his human disguise to keep tensions lower, but he needed to conserve energy. "Are you alright?" he asked. In his experience, blood from the mouth after a coughing fit like that was a pretty nasty sign. His injuries would heal in time, and he couldn't bring himself to care much about Asura's, but Aya wasn't made of quite the same stuff as the magical creatures she worked with.

Lan limped in, carrying the unconcious body of Rubi. Lan looked considerably worse for wear, having a great deal of injuries, mostly on her back from vampires trying to get Rubi back. In fact, the majority of rounds fired by Brendan were to cover the Jiangshi as she tried to escape. Lan's eyes were clouded with tears, from pain, from fear, and from the shame of failure. She knew that without the others, she would have been dead.

Brendan limped in after her, his coat missing. The black shirt he wore had a massive hole in the front and a nasty gash. The left leg of his pants was missing, and blood ran down from an open wound that had luckily missed the major artery. A cut on his head above the left eyebrow had bled all over his face and didn't seem to be stopping. He coughed slightly and then spat, blood splattering on the ground. He was tired, down to his last round, and more than a little angry. Were it not for his injuries and logistical limitations, he would be back there to put a round through whoever was responsible for this fiasco. "Get us a Medic. I think Lan is going to pass out soon."

Status
Not open for further replies.