Dying Skies (Horror/Sci-Fi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris_Reaper

Original poster
Dying Skies.jpg
In the year 2041, Mankind had progressed nicely along. Technology chugged along steadily and the population was ever on the rise. Old problems that had stymied our forefathers had been resolved, only to be replaced by new ones. To be honest our world was no better or no worse than that known by a few generations past. Humanity worked, ate, played and slept much as it had for thousands of years. That is, until They came...

It was an ordinary day in March, nothing unusual about it at all. It was perfectly mundane and uneventful, until the first ships were sighted in the sky. They descended upon us like rampaging locusts. A powerful alien race who simply called themselves...the Dronai. Where they came from we do not know, the only thing that was abundantly clear was that they were not friendly. In a horrific spate of Shock and Awe, Human civilization was nearly wiped from the face of the Earth in just under one month. Almost ninety five percent of the population was mercilessly slain. The Dronai were poised to take over...until what can be only described as a minor miracle, happened.

For some unknown reason, the alien armadas halted their invasion plans and their entire civilization was recalled back to whatever planet or dimension they hailed from. However it only proved to be a stay of execution as they promised to return in exactly one year's time to finish the job. Now the clock is ticking, the remnants of the Human race have banded together to formulate one last ditch effort to strike back against the invaders...and our plan is to unleash forces even deadlier and more dangerous than the aliens themselves. Our last weapon to fight with, is evil itself.
----------------------------------------------------

So the premise for this RP is use Earth's most evil monsters, maniacs and demonic entities like Freddy, Jason and Pinhead to lauch an offensive counter strike against the Dronai when they return. Only hitch is, we have to find them, extract them and somehow convince them to fight on Earth's behalf. To do this we have to find some way to control them, at least at a minimum.

Now if this idea gains interest, I will probably open up the field for people to play their favorite horror characters...but I'm not sure if we should limit the numbers or just have an all out free for all...Again if this gains enough interest, we'll have to go over some fine details before starting an IC. I do have an overlying structure I'd like the story to follow, specifically the actual plan to defeat the aliens. The plan hinges on four main horror characters...Freddy, Pinhead and the Cenobites, Jason and Michael Myers. If we do decide to do more horror character I think it best to break them up in different units. Have an Alpha, Beta, Charlie team and so on...let's see how this goes.

This seems interesting (even if I'm not all that loving towards the horror genre).

However, I have a question. Does it matter what type of horror character we do (ie: cartoon, fandom, real life styled, etc...)?

This seems interesting (even if I'm not all that loving towards the horror genre).

However, I have a question. Does it matter what type of horror character we do (ie: cartoon, fandom, real life styled, etc...)?
Well for the time being I would like to stick with the horror film icons, like Freddy, Jason etc. However the classics of horror like Dracula, Frankenstein's monster are more than acceptable to.

I asked that question because the only horror thing I like is an MLP fandom series called Elements of Insanity. I was wanting to use a human version of a character from that.

I asked that question because the only horror thing I like is an MLP fandom series called Elements of Insanity. I was wanting to use a human version of a character from that.
Ok send me a link to the character and I'll consider it...

I can't seem to find any pictures of a humanised version of the character, just [ictures of the pony version.

Do you mind if I link a picture of the pony version?

It doesn't matter about the pony one. Found the human one I wanted to link.

Her name is Rainbine and she's a cyborg who is able to trnasform her hands into guns.
rainbine_dashie_by_pallygyrldashie-d8kpg9b.jpg

Ok I'll keep her on reserve...if anymore interest grows, we'll see about using her.

Ok.

I'm not familiar with real life horror characters (Freddy, etc...), so I'd much prefer to use Rainbine.

-slides in-

I'd like to try my hand at Freddy Kueger or Pinhead, if you'll let me.

But, I am tentatively interested. I may join or not. So don't quite guarantee my interest.

-slides in-

I'd like to try my hand at Freddy Kueger or Pinhead, if you'll let me.

But, I am tentatively interested. I may join or not. So don't quite guarantee my interest.
Ok great...the horror characters will be on a first come first serve basis. So if your interested in playing either Freddy or Pinhead, they'll be reserved for you.

Ok great...the horror characters will be on a first come first serve basis. So if your interested in playing either Freddy or Pinhead, they'll be reserved for you.

Awesome, I may try to take a shot at Pinhead.

Knowing me, I'd just be a filthy sailor mouth with Freddy Kueger. Always creative and always add bitch at the end of every sentence.

Awesome, I may try to take a shot at Pinhead.

Knowing me, I'd just be a filthy sailor mouth with Freddy Kueger. Always creative and always add bitch at the end of every sentence.
Just let me know which one you prefer and I'll totally give you a shot at em'...

Just let me know which one you prefer and I'll totally give you a shot at em'...

Damn it!

Now I am choosing between the big three

Jason

Freddy

or Pinhead

Status
Not open for further replies.