Dungeons and Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want an example of actual DnD, then try the real game. Even this is only very slightly based upon it, simply where I, the DM describes the environment and creatures, rather than the players.
I never played DnD because I 1) Can't buy it, and 2) Could never find one online

What do you mean you couldn't buy it? You can download a free PDF of the 5th edition rules from wizards of the coast's website, and if you can find a variation of dice, then that's really all you need for the basic game, the figures and board are just there to enhance it. But, if you want an experience of the real DnD, then see if you can find 1st, 3rd, 4th or Pathfinder edition. 5th and second were somewhat dissapointing. 2 doesn't really do much, and 5 completely redesigns the whole thing to be stupendously limiting and don't even bother with it. I tried playing a game of fifth, and after just half an hour, 2 people had left the game and the other 3 of us had resorted to really basic actions and looking at our phones / 3DSs in between turns with no creative thinking at all. I made an unofficial 6th edition ruleset, which increases accuracy of dice, meaning that limitation stops being a factor, as well as allowing much more complex and legendary-feeling legendary items and monsters, so if you want, I could type that up for you. You'd need at least 5 d20s for it though.

I never thought about that. And I have no idea where to get d20's

Well, I bought 3 sets of complex steampunk style dice on ebay, which were expensive but totally worth it. You can get a set of dice really cheap on ebay or amazon, but if you want fancy dice then they will start getting rare, and expensive. To back up my steampunk dice in larger games, and in warhammer, I bought 2 sets of Elfish dice, 1 set of Kanji dice (which is hilarious because no one can read the numbers), and most importantly, 5 sets of plain dice, which was just £5 for 30ish dice, including 5 d20s.

Yeah, that's the problem. I can't spend money. My mom would never let me waste money on something like that. Besides, no one I know shares my nerdiness. Or most of my fandoms. Or view of the world.

IK what you mean. Fortunately I live in quite a large town so the local board and card game store is pretty much always stocked with regular customers. I would offer to host a proper DnD game for you over the internet, but it would quite literally take forever, doing the very slow post and response formula where anyone who isnt the DM can't do more than a couple of lines per post then wait for dice rolls. You might be able to find a d20 simulator though, on that note.

probably just as a website.

i'm also interested

Alright, I'll invite you to the PM. Make your character soon, please, as it'll become progressively harder to drop in as time passes. That's the last person too, can't have too many adventurers or the monsters will be too swarmy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.