Dream/Life

Ashley ignored the misnaming, she was kind of desensitized at this point and knew he didn't mean anything by it anyway, and besides... There were more important things to talk about!
"Oh I know! My favourite is fluttershy but I can only ever find rainbow dash or Rarity... Maybe the occasional Twilight if I'm lucky..."
She spoke a lot easier than usual, Ashley was comfortable around kids, especially ones with shared interests.
Oh gosh he called her babe... Ash swooned a little but recovered, she had just sort of been getting used to him and then he goes and says that!
"T...that's okay, he seems like a nice kid and I'm sure your little brother is cool... And I'll remember to say Ollie".
She replied before nervously sitting next to him.

"Oliver is a weird guy, but he is pretty chill for being 12 and all," Mason agreed and gave a small chuckle, "Guess to me that is, since I'm more like his parent than his older brother," He scooted over a bit to let her sit down beside him, and he had to admit that he was nervous. Didn't want to fuck up, wasn't sure how to behave around other people let alone someone different, and the like, "So..do you guys do anything the weekends?" Since Mason didn't have to worry about Oliver all the time and being away for longer periods of time, he kinda wanted to do normal teenager things. He then put an arm around Ashleys' shoulder and pulled her closer, "Cause...I've never done normal teenager things? Like...guess what you see in movies? Was that normal?"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Ashley was surprised by the question and had to think before answering.
"Well... On Saturday we always eat out, Sundays is lazy day though... Mother and father are okay with us going out during the weekends if we want to... Oh! I'm not sure of mama told you or not but she'll be giving you two allowances... So umm, if you wanted to do anything you can as long as it's still light when you get back... She'll probably be taking you out shopping tomorrow though..."
The arm was very comfortable and Ash found herself leaning into him with a quiet sigh.
"I dunno... I never really did teenage stuff...".

Oh god, this was a lot of rules all at once. Mason has never had any sort of rules for himself his whole life, and he did give some to Oliver so he wouldn't die. So, for all these different rules that changed and shifted, it was going to be a lot of mistakes and breaking some things. Most out of habit or not remembering. "Ah...sounds thrilling..clothes shopping," Mason muttered not so enthusiastically, then seemed quiet for a few moments before asking, "Whens your birthday?" There where a lot of more simple questions that hes never asked Ashley. That and couples bought things for birthdays right?

Ash didn't seem to get that he was sarcastic somehow... Perhaps her brain was too jumbled from how close she was to Mason?
"Oh! You like clothes shopping? I used to hate it but now I love it! My parents get me nice things usually and I'm sure they'll... Oh, you were... Being sarcastic weren't you?... S...sorry, I got excited..."
She was happy for the next question to distract from her mistake.
"Umm... It's... Actually next week... On Thursday...".
She admitted sheepishly.

Yeah she really missed that sarcastic comment, but he just chuckled as she realized it. Mason wasn't a fan of clothes shopping as hes never done it really with money, and it was always mainly black. Then blinked a bit at her reply about her birthday, "Y..oh," he responded. Mason now had to find something to make or give her for her birthday. Whether it was cause he was normal or simply cause he wanted to, "I don't know how to respond to that...besides that you are getting something from me," Mason gave her a soft squeeze, "Mine...mines May 1st, it'll be my 18th birthday," Olivers was in October and has well passed.

Ash was going to say he didn't need to get her anything, but knew that might make him feel bad or something... Also, she really liked presents and was bad at turning them down
"Hmm... May First..."
She pulled out her phone and entered into a calendar.
"Got it! I'll try to remember but... I used to forget my own birthday..."
She admitted.
Moments later they heard Rebecca call.
"Pizza's here! Come and get it!"
After dinner they'd be sent to bath and brush their teeth before bed.
Sunday would live up the it's lazy day status as they would be allowed to sleep in a little.

So it had been a while since Mason and Oliver had a functioning shower or toilet in their home. Shower by far as they would use either gyms showers or the schools locker room showers. Also, never have brushed their teeth before either so they really just skipped that part. It was...oddly normal? Something out of the ordinary and even if Oliver was quiet happy with the change, Mason was older and stuck in the way he had set ways of his life. So, when he couldn't sleep well on the soft bed, Mason took with him a blanket and his stuff pig. This pig he has head since he was about 2 years old, it was worn and sown up in many spots, but loved and he never slept without it. Moving to the couch to sleep instead and actually slept for once. Not moving or waking up once as he was comfortable and felt safe.

The next morning Mason would wake to Mrs Lewis gently shaking his shoulder, Ashley not far away with a plate of untouched pancakes in front her.
"Hey... Up and at em... It's time for Breakfast and Ash won't eat till everyone's at the table..."
She didn't comment on him sleeping on the couch, it was fine with her as long as he was warm and comfy.
"Ash saw you when she came down... I caught her trying to take a picture so if that's not okay let us know okay?"

So Mason may or may not have forgotten about being in a house of people, and jolted a bit at his shoulder being touched. That black hair of his now stuck up in the back and we'll he wasnt wear a shirt, and pulled the blanket up. Half registering what was being said by Mrs Lewis, something about breakfast? Then looked past her to Ashley and the familiar face calmed him from his tense position, right. Though the pictures wasnt a surprise as it was something Ashley would do, "Means I got a fan right?" Mason finally spoke, but his voice dropped quiet a few levels from deep sleep and a Spanish accent twinged his voice. Mason spoke much of it but his first 4 years of life where spent speaking Spanish thanks to a boyfriends mother teaching him some kind of language.
He rubbed his blue eyes and kinda didnt move, right they said table. Yet Mason didnt want to move due to the amount of scarring his chest and back had. Didnt want to worry these people more and possibly get himself in trouble. So, he opted for wrapping the blanket around himself before standing up. Family...breakfast?

Ashley's mom didn't comment on the blanket, after all it was a little chilly and she herself had on a warm Cardigan, Ash herself was actually wearing a thick cotton nightie, usually she'd wear a silky one but actually changed to come downstairs.
"I suppose you do..."
She agreed, going to go make sure Ollie was seated at the table.

Breakfast was an extravagant array of pancakes and toppings produced by Ash's father, an always smiling man who always had bags under his eyes from late night shifts and wore the pink chef's apron with pride, he had briefly met them during dinner but not said much.
"Eat up everyone! Don't want them getting cold!"

Oliver was already happily eating as he had the stomach of an abyss. Just simple pancakes with syrup and butter on it. Happy and content, while Mason shuffled over and waited for Ash to sit so he could sit beside her. Feeling like that kid at a first sleepover with friends and following them around awkwardly. The amount of food was quiet overwhelming to him as this seemed expensive and we'll sugary. Yet Mason never ate breakfast in the mornings and his stomach felt sickly at the thought of a pancake. Mason still forced himself to have something as to not be rude and decided blueberries and strawberries were enough. Unaware of how a topping thing worked and assumed the berries where fair game. Just taking a handful then just quietly munched away.

Ash had been planning to sit down next to Mason so it was a sort of shuffle until she finally sat, smiling as he joined her, though she soon switched focus to the pancakes... And got a familiar look that said she did not want to eat...
No one seemed angry at him just grabbing berries.
"Not a fan of pancakes? We can make you something simple if you like... Same with you Ash... If you're having trouble eating some fruit is okay".
Rebecca told them, clearly concerned though she tried to hide it with a smile.

"No I do like them, I just never have breakfast in the morning and don't want to get sick," Mason replied back and looked to the other, seeing her face and went to gently rub her back. Then put down his berries onto a plate before ripping one pancake into smaller pieces. Not child small, but small enough to be easier to eat, "I'll share it with you, Ash, if it makes you feel better,"

"I see... Well in that case you'll have to take an extra big lunch like Ashley does".
Rebecca declared, causing Ash to look away with a guilty look that was fortunately missed by her parents, it seemed they were not aware of the fact that she didn't eat at school...
"Umm... I guess that would be okay..."
She mumbled, figuring she could eat if it got Mason to.

Large lunch...so shes had a lunch for school. Mason though didnt judge and looked at Ashley, then placed a soft kiss on her temple. She never wanted to eat and it concerned Mason. She would get sick from lack of nutrition, her levels could drop and cause severe complications in her body. Low potassium can cause the diaphram to become paralyzed as well as the legs, calcium can cause brittle bones that dont heal, and so forth. So she needed to eat something with these in it, and it was the second time that Mason wanted to suggest that Ashley eat smoothies or shakes. That way it wasnt solid food but there could be a lot of needed vitamins and other things. Mason made a note to talk to Mrs Lewis about it. Then he took a piece of pancake and popped it in his mouth before offering one to Ashley, paused, ripped that peice in half before giving it to her, "please eat a little bit, we have a day head of us,"

The kiss as usual reduced Ash to a blushing mess and earned smiles from her parents, they clearly approved.
Ash stared at the offered food for a moment before proceeding to take the piece of pancake and eat it, her stomach growling as it woke up, and she slowly ate a little more, not a lot though, still her parents were amazed that she ate at all.

After a while it seemed she wouldn't eat anymore and Rebecca spoke.
"Now Ash... I'm sorry but Father has to work and can only drop us off at the mall nearby... So you'll have to be in boy mode okay?..."
Ash nodded, clearly not happy about it but used to it at this point, she headed upstairs to change and would return in a simple black T-shirt and jeans, a single barrette and pink lining on her shoes the only thing that really stood out.

Satisfied that Ashley ate, Mason went to finish his berries with a few pieces of pancake. Trying to not upset his stomach too much before going out to the mall. He didnt remember the last time he went to the mall. Oliver had left to get dressed and Mason followed shortly after, washing their plates in the sink and putting them in the drying rack. Mason put on his normal black hoodie, his worn sneakers and for once wore shorts as it was warm out. Oliver one the other hand had tied his longer hair up out of his face, a bright printed shirt with some anime on it and gym shorts.
Mason ran a hand through his also longer hair, and then joined Ashley when she came down. Taking her hand without thinking and interlocked their fingers, "So," Mason started with a sheepish grin, "I have no idea how to clothes shop unless its all black. Wanna help me out?"

Ashley had a smile on her face as Mason's hand found her own, and she squeezed lightly in a show of affection, and honestly it helped anchor her a little, she'd be all ready to just zone out like whenever she was going anywhere in boy mode.
"Oh! I'd love to! I think mama will choose some of the things but she'll also give you money to pick... I'm uhh, not very good at picking boy clothes though..."
She admitted, even as a 'boy' she'd wandered into the girl's aisles and gotten things that could just barely qualify as male clothing, except the fluttershy shirt, that was right in with the male children's stuff.
"Come on everyone, daddy's on a time limit so let's get in the car".
Rebbeca ordered.

Mason just chuckle amused, as he also sucked at buying boys clothes too. Thats why everything he owned was black or white as they always matched together. Figured someone could make him look like a semi-decent human being. At Roses' order, Mason tugged Ashley along with him while Oliver bounded on ahead in excitement. Shopping was always his favorite thing to do even when they didnt have the means to. Oliver liked new things and nice things as he never had them.