Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
It's a bit late, but I figured this was better shown later rather than never.

Now the ending might not make the point of the video clear, so here's a quote from the creator to clarify confusion.
This video is getting a lot of attention now so I just want to clarify - "Don't Stay in School" isn't inferring students shouldn't stay in school, it's saying topics which aren't practically useful shouldn't stay in school.

There are obviously a lot of benefits to getting an education, I'm just concerned that the topics are not prioritized well at all.
That there's also a later video he does answering some questions and clarifying even further:

MEME-2014-Algebra-LOL.jpg

This is why my parents took me out to homeschool me in Practical Life.

In a very tl;dr generalized nutshell? Pretty much. :P
This is why my parents took me out to homeschool me in Practical Life.
I was home schooled for Grade 6.
My concerns with it are that it's even more teacher/parent reliant than the board.

Which means if the teachers are good then home school can be outright amazing.
But it's also a double edged sword where a bad teacher can completely ruin (or even indoctrinate) one's education.

Reactions: Minibit
I was homeschooled k-12, and one of the many benefits was definitely curriculum filtering. We got a base knowledge set in all subjects, but overall we were more focused on practical application and usefulness.

In a very tl;dr generalized nutshell? Pretty much. :P

I was home schooled for Grade 6.
My concerns with it are that it's even more teacher/parent reliant than the board.

Which means if the teachers are good then home school can be outright amazing.
But it's also a double edged sword where a bad teacher can completely ruin (or even indoctrinate) one's education.
I agree, homeschooling was great for me, but it wildly depends on the parent/teacher. It's not right for everyone

I agree, homeschooling was great for me, but it wildly depends on the parent/teacher. It's not right for everyone
Which basically goes back to how the "One size fit's all" philosophy with education just doesn't work.
Students learn differently, teachers teach differently. And both sides are still susceptible to bias and abuse.

Reactions: Minibit
Status
Not open for further replies.