Don't Stay in School

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Gwazi Magnum, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's a bit late, but I figured this was better shown later rather than never.

Now the ending might not make the point of the video clear, so here's a quote from the creator to clarify confusion.
    That there's also a later video he does answering some questions and clarifying even further:

2. [​IMG]

This is why my parents took me out to homeschool me in Practical Life.

3. In a very tl;dr generalized nutshell? Pretty much. :P
    I was home schooled for Grade 6.
    My concerns with it are that it's even more teacher/parent reliant than the board.

Which means if the teachers are good then home school can be outright amazing.
    But it's also a double edged sword where a bad teacher can completely ruin (or even indoctrinate) one's education.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I was homeschooled k-12, and one of the many benefits was definitely curriculum filtering. We got a base knowledge set in all subjects, but overall we were more focused on practical application and usefulness.

5. I agree, homeschooling was great for me, but it wildly depends on the parent/teacher. It's not right for everyone

6. Which basically goes back to how the "One size fit's all" philosophy with education just doesn't work.
    Students learn differently, teachers teach differently. And both sides are still susceptible to bias and abuse.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.