Do you suffer from "Too Many Ideas Syndrone"?

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Diana

You're not a rebel, you're fucking psychotic!
BENEFACTOR
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
My Usual Online Time
5PM - 5AM Daily
While hunting for new tools and writing resources, I stumbled over 9 Ways to Overcome Too Many Ideas Syndrome.

I definitely fall under the category of "too many ideas". To the point where I get completely frazzled and unable to complete a writing project because my brain runs off with my common sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

The article is kinda cool, anyway. Has anyone managed to get their TMIS under control? Maybe we can see if this helps. >>;

N

Neko Archy

I usually choose the most complex ones. I considered trying a rp based on Eversion, the happy little platformer/cosmic horror story, but couldn't come up with anything great quickly.

With characters, I like to go for ones that can stand out quickly. These tend to be the crazy dudes, but they get people to react. Boom! I blow up your door because it is in my way, what do ye do?

Genders You Prefer Playing
Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Moderate to aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Genre You DON'T Like
I'll try just about anything. I'm not overly into RPs where the prime focus is romance. I'm not too hyped on fan based anime rp either.
Yea, I have that problem. Especially when writing longer posts. I often loose my original train of thought and end up going off on something totally different.

Blind Hemingway

Big "WHAT?!"
BENEFACTOR
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
SCREW THIS. I'M CHAOTIC STUPID. I LOWER MY TROUSERS AND WIZZ ON THE KING.
Favorite Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi or Furrisms, DnD, High Fantasy, romance. Straight up Horror.
I have AS, enough said. This is how my brain always works, I blame Orochi.

P

Pirogeth

TMIS huh. Well I don't think i suffer from too many ideas, rather the complete opposite, I find it hard to come up with an idea that a lot of people will take interest in. I find myself trying to find something different that still follows the same good vs. bad basic idea. So if you got a different article on Too Little Ideas Syndrone (TLIS) then I'll be listening.

L

Lunatic AI

Is that what it's called! I thought it was ADD. But do girls get ADD? I flip between ideas like a spazz with a twitchy tv remote. I usually can't focus on any one long enough to get it out coherently- usually I wind up telling my friend to run with them if they think they can use them. That way they get some chance of being done.

Sakura

Official Iwaku Little Sister
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
After 5PM EST weekdays
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Instinctively passive unless the story needs a push. I adapt as needed.
Favorite Genres
SciFi, Fantasy, Modern, Twist Genres.
Genre You DON'T Like
Mature, Horror (with rare exceptions)
You should see me in school.

Sometimes, I'm so distracted by a flood of ideas that I can't concentrate on schoolwork. I was taking a physics test yesterday && all the questions were prodding me on fantasical ideas based on Newton's Laws of Motion. I was thinking of rpg-styled stories with phantasmagorical settings & whatnot. It was amusing, but distracting.

And sometimes, the greatest ideas flutter away within the moment. I wish there was some kind of device that could read minds & jot them down for you.

Don't you?

Darkness

I CAN HUG A SHITLOAD OF CATS
Uh, no. I write shit down, you know, pencil and paper? They remember your touch back in high school, why don't you?